Star Wars Celebration 2019

Reaction score
So last night I saw all 3 exclusive lottery wins in my account but now I only see 1. They definitely removed 2 of them and I also got an email from LEGO saying I lost but that’s the only one that’s still there. What is actually going on.
I'm in the same boat, but with Funko. Had the Win, now I don't and got an email to prove it.

Jerks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So here is a twist to the lottery system:

I checked my growtix.com account and under "Your Order" it states I have "Funk Exclusive: THU APRIL 11 2:30 PM". But jut got an email saying I didn't win.

Which is it? Did I win or not?
Same here, Had Funko Win, but not now. Got email saying NO!

What a mess.

Reaction score
Aside from the exclusive lottery fiasco, my Ep. IX, Mandalorian, and TPM panels wins are in the Celebration stage, two lower bowls and one upper bowl seat. I wonder how seating slots were chosen. Do I even what to know?

Worst case scenario has happened to many people. Signing up for all the lotteries or most and being shut out on all of them. One poster over at TheForce.Net forums, won no lotteries and he is traveling all the way from Europe. He doesn't feel really good right now.

Reaction score
So I got the Sorry email on Lego earlier today, but now I just got a Growtix email saying I won the Lego lottery. Problem is, it says it is Thursday afternoon and I am only going Sunday. This is my first celebration so not sure how this compares, but seems really poorly executed so far. I am sure the show will be fine, but there will be a lot of angry people standing in line. Why not just let people preorder stuff and limit to 1 per person? Seems like that is easier than a lottery...

Reaction score
Got IX and TPM panels. No exclusive victories though nothing I wanted.

I can't believe the prices panel tickets are going for, ridiculous.

Reaction score
I can't believe they are allowing them to sell them on ebay , I really feel that this lottery thing is rigged and needs to go . Cause in high site it's not working or being fair . I lost all lotteries again 2nd celebration for that .

Reaction score
I can't believe they are allowing them to sell them on ebay , I really feel that this lottery thing is rigged and needs to go . Cause in high site it's not working or being fair . I lost all lotteries again 2nd celebration for that .
Honestly, it's a great system if they can just get some of the kinks worked out. Anything beats sleeping on concrete overnight.

Reaction score
I won for Saturday but am only going for Monday - This is probably my first post in over a decade

Reaction score
I won a Lego lottery for today, but only going Sunday. I just got an email stating they screwed up but I can use it any day I am there now. So looks like I got the Lego lottery, just hoping they still have 1 left on Sunday.

Reaction score
That’s unfortunate but unsurprising considering all that has transpired this year already. If they had the fast pass system going they wouldn’t be overwhelmed. So far it’s just wait in line and pray they still have items in stock when you get there.

Reaction score
Celebration V and VI in Orlando the store was no problem - on the first day there was a little bit of a wait on day 1 but for most of the time it was breeze in and out. At CVI I remember them running out of a specific shirt that by the next day they had sent out for a reorder and had in stock again. Then in 2017 the store was a total nightmare. When we finally got in on Friday and it looked a scene from The Walking Dead with just a shell of a wasteland. Ridiculous. They did at least allow an online order if you had a registered badge later but it was a total fail onsite. Why has this become so difficult to work for them? Many have suggested it is ReedPop but they were in charge of all of the Orlando Celebrations - not just the 2017.

Reaction score
Celebration V and VI in Orlando the store was no problem - on the first day there was a little bit of a wait on day 1 but for most of the time it was breeze in and out. At CVI I remember them running out of a specific shirt that by the next day they had sent out for a reorder and had in stock again. Then in 2017 the store was a total nightmare. When we finally got in on Friday and it looked a scene from The Walking Dead with just a shell of a wasteland. Ridiculous. They did at least allow an online order if you had a registered badge later but it was a total fail onsite. Why has this become so difficult to work for them? Many have suggested it is ReedPop but they were in charge of all of the Orlando Celebrations - not just the 2017.
I think for the “limited/numbered” stuff they should have a separate booth and the people crazy for that stuff can hit that ir they do a lottery for that stuff. Then the “normal” store could have thousands and thousands of each regular item. Then if there are leftovers you send half to Galaxy’s Edge Anaheim and the other half to Galaxy’s Edge Orlando. Maybe I’m just saying Disney should take over the store. If they did Orlando/Anaheim again for a future Celebration, they could pull people from the parks to Cashier/monitor lines/restock items...

Reaction score
I remember not even going into the Celebration store in the last Orlando one because the lines were crazy long...I don't regret it either, enjoy the show...shop later.

PS: Go Noles!
Ain’t worth it. Just saying, walk out and go enjoy the show floor.

Reaction score
Update. I got through the store in 7 hours. Never again. Also got a new email from Hasbro saying I LOST their lottery. MADDENING.

Reaction score
Update. I got through the store in 7 hours. Never again. Also got a new email from Hasbro saying I LOST their lottery. MADDENING.
That could be a new celebration record. Last time it was 5 hours. No way is anything in that store worth that amount of time. I did notice they were taking down all the mobile app Lightspeed signs today. So much for that.

Reaction score
The thing I noticed a lot of people complaining about was “I got the Hasbro(for example) lottery for Friday, BUT I’m only going Saturday.” HTF is this happening? Either the Celebration lottery messed up big time or people messed up and chose the wrong days for their lottery chance? So was getting into the floor today really as bad as I heard? As bad as the first day last time?

Reaction score
I remember not even going into the Celebration store in the last Orlando one because the lines were crazy long...I don't regret it either, enjoy the show...shop later.

PS: Go Noles!
Luckily I had a VIP buddy here who helped out with grabbing some pins. I never went in either. Someone said CV/CVI wasn’t bad, now that I remember at one of them I went by maybe on Sunday and the store wasn’t very big or busy at all. Wondering if their Registers are having problems running either online or if they have to run offline? One of my former retail employers would take a register off site and have few problems at least running offline. Again if they do a future Celebration in Orlando/Anaheim they should pull Disney employees to work the store. For the above scummer, 7 hrs is maddening for the store! 7 Hrs waiting for a big panel or for something like Funko(provided the wait assures me getting the pops) seems a little better to swallow. Now hope everybody that went is winding down today in anticipation for tomorrow! If we don’t get a trailer(we def should), you guys riot!

Reaction score
The actual show floor wasn’t that busy at all. And that was the quickest I’ve ever gone into a celebration. Got in about a few minutes after 1. I did get there 4 hours early though. If today was really sold out as they claimed there couldn’t have been more than 20,000 there. Autograph hall looked like an absolute cluster once again so I think I will avoid that all together this time. I won’t even attempt the store either if they don’t get that straightened out.

Reaction score
The actual show floor wasn’t that busy at all. And that was the quickest I’ve ever gone into a celebration. Got in about a few minutes after 1. I did get there 4 hours early though. If today was really sold out as they claimed there couldn’t have been more than 20,000 there. Autograph hall looked like an absolute cluster once again so I think I will avoid that all together this time. I won’t even attempt the store either if they don’t get that straightened out.
Am I reading this and right? You waited four hours just to get into Celebration?

Reaction score
Never understood why Opix lost the auto gig. Guess they weren’t greedy so and sos like Topps. If Hamill had been there this time wonder what Topps would command? He posted on Twitter he was sorry he couldn’t attend but I wonder if he’ll pop in for the Ep IX panel. Anyone who has been by grabbing the Fan Club patch pieces, is there a “secret” patch piece for volunteering etc? Missed the cake topper parch piece for last Celebration. I bought a set for this year’s Fan Club parch set from Chris as usual.

Reaction score
Am I reading this and right? You waited four hours just to get into Celebration?
Think they meant they went and queued early for the first day. I’ve done the same for each Orlando Celebration. The Hall opened at 1pm today. Last Celebration I got there at around 5-6 am and luckily got in before the bag check fiasco had people waiting until past noon just to get in the building.

Reaction score
I think the main problem with the line at the store today was TOO MANY VIPs. The line for the store wasn't very long when I got in at about 8:30 this morning. They put us into a holding area, and we waited while all the VIPs went in and finished their shopping. I will never go to a celebration again without a VIP pass. Totally worth it. You get into the store first, you can walk in hours after the store opens and still get in ahead of regular ticket holders (at least you could today). And you get into all the panels with NO lottery - which almost everyone lost - from what I've heard. VIP is the way to go.

For those without VIP passes - I have to say don't even try the store on the first day unless something like fast pass (lightspeed) is active and working. Otherwise you will wait for many hours while others go ahead of you in line. Another major problem today was the store registers. Many posters said they went down for about an hour, which added to the difficulty. Also, the cashiers couldn't just scan product. They had hand held scanners, but they first had to search for the product on their iPad, then select something, and then type something in on their computer. Only after that could they scan the item. Payment processing was easy - just like McDonalds. All they needed was your zip code. I believe the shop icon on the app is for online ordering only. I kept checking it constantly while in line, and it never said anything different than "Your in line" and "Paused". For 7 hours. I really wanted celebration logo t-shirts, so I prioritized going to the store today at all costs. You may not wish to do the same. Good news was nothing seemed picked over today. T-shirts and other items were constantly being restocked, and store associates were very helpful showing you where to go, and even getting forgotten items to the register for some customers who had meant to buy a program or some other item. I can't fault the service (except for notifying the people in line of what was going on) but the computer problems seem to be pervasive at this convention. Really unacceptable.

Reaction score
My thoughts for Day 1:

Overall, it didn't seem crowded but I know there was a lot of people. I got to McCormick Place at 8am, got in line at 8:45am (I waited in the Marriott to escape the cold.) I was about 100 front the front, and after 45min we were led inside to cue in the main concourse. Much warmer. Yay.

Hit Hallmark as soon as we got in...15min early. No problem, since I planned for it. Spent most of my time back in Autographs. Not the best organization. One entrance, and they enforce the specific time you are assigned. I had 3 autos with James Arnold Taylor. One at 4:40pm and Two at 5pm. I couldn't be allowed to use the 5pm autos at the time I used my 4:40 one. I had to wait until the 5pm autos were allowed into the area before proceeding to the line. This is so stupid. If you are able to get into the area based on the earliest time you got, you should be allowed to use any later time ones.

Walked thru the Disney Galaxy's Edge walkthru booth. Pretty cool seeing some props and merchandise. They will have different things in the booth on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So will have to go back. Met Amy Ratcliffe and had her sign the Women of the Galaxy book. Saw the Rancho Obi-Wan booth but didn't go thru the exhibit, just went to their store.

Avoided the Celebration Store. Heard people were quoted 8 hour waits. Honestly, I don't know if I have enough time between things to wait to get in the store. App ordering wasn't working for me, if it did at all.

Fun day, but things need to be worked out by Reed Pop, GrowTix and Topps.

Reaction score
Actors were double-scheduled for signature and photos at the same time again. So you get there, and get through the front check in, only for the second to tell you its canceled, come back in a few hours.

I did get my two though, after delays.

Reaction score
So for the episode 9 panel as suspected they did not check IDs they did not scan anything they did not even care if you had a badge or not. All they checked was to see if you had a QR code. Once inside the building there was no one verifying which section you were in so if you were there early you could get as close as you want. This process is disgraceful and only means people will abuse this and rightful lottery winners will he turned away because of capacity. Families were being told they had to split up because there were no seats together. What a mess.

Reaction score
Hello all. Do they have 11x14 photos for sale in the autograph hall or do they only have 8x10s? Tomorrow’s going to be my first day. Thanks

Reaction score
Also can’t see what photos are available until you’re at the table. Huge drawback from OPX when deciding what to get when on the fence.