Star Wars Celebration 2019

Reaction score
As long as the boneheads who scheduled the last Celebration for Easter weekend don't schedule this one for Thanksgiving, I'll probably go.

Reaction score
After the long lines in Orlando, I think I will pass on this. Maybe I will do a Disney cruise instead.

Reaction score
I'm hoping for Anaheim so I can use my Disney Timeshare out there and make another 2 week vacation out of it with the family like 2015. Though Chicago would probably be easier next year.

Reaction score
I have a hard time with it being in the fall. I think it would be too close to the release of Episode IX and they would want to start the marketing sooner. Also, D23 is July/August of 2019 in Anaheim. I would think they would want to spread things out a bit.

-Eric

Reaction score
I'm hoping for Anaheim so I can use my Disney Timeshare out there and make another 2 week vacation out of it with the family like 2015. Though Chicago would probably be easier next year.
Oh man that would be SO SWEET if it was Chicago!! But I highly doubt they'd EVER have it here. Stupid Disney!!

Reaction score
After I read the posts concerning the location of the next Celebration, I contacted Reed Exhibitions (today) concerning C9. I talked to a live person--and my focus was when and where the next Celebration was to be held. I was told that the Celebration is on their calendar for 2019--IN ORLANDO.

I asked several times (for confirmation, of course) and (of course) I mentioned that the last convention was in Orlando as well. I thought that --maybe--with the opening of Star Wars World in Anaheim that it would be there--at or around the same time.

Here's the number I called: 203-840-4800. This is a direct number to Reed Exhibitions. (Of course, you'll get the typical Star Wars Celebration recording...don't despair--just hold out for a live human to talk to.)

Reaction score
I’m good in either location. One thing I really liked about Anaheim is the food trucks that were parked outside the convention center. That provided much better eating options than the convention center can provide and better variety.

Reaction score
Okay just called the number provided & the guy did confirm it is scheduled to take place in ORLANDO. However he couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me when exactly next year or when an official announcement will be.
I am hesitant to put 100% faith into this as of yet. There's been no official announcement & I'm betting that will take precedence over any info they may have right now.

Reaction score
After Celebration 8 I am still out. I have been to 4 of them already. The one in Indy back in 2002, C5, C6, and C8. I am celebrationed out.

Reaction score
The crowds at the last two were awful, but I mainly go to hang out with my friends from all over the country. If I didn't have them, I probably wouldn't attend due to how crowded they are getting.

Reaction score
Am I right in saying that the last convention in Orlando was Celebration 8...or was it 9? It seems that they have ceased numbering the conventions. If I am able to attend the Convention next year, I will make a pin listing the number of the Celebration I will be attending. (And yes...the lines at the last two Celebrations were TERRIBLE!) I spent three and a half hours in the Celebration Store line on Sunday trying to find (at least) a convention mug--only to find that the mugs were about all that they had left!

I also found out (from some VIP badge holders) the secret to getting a VIP badge. You have to network with other friends and family who are also getting VIP badges; being online at the same time, exactly when the VIP tickets are being offered. In other words, a group of people went online to buy tickets for one or two people.

Reaction score
As a Celebration veteran (I've now been to six of them), the last event soured me a bit on the whole experience. Between poor line management (don't get me started on the autograph area), unknowledgeable staff, suffocating crowds and a broken VIP & "disabled line" system, and a STILL screwed up Celebration Store experience, it's getting a bit out of hand.

And to top it all off, as someone else mentioned, it was scheduled over a major holiday weekend!

I'm optimistic about future events, but knowing what happened before has really put a damper on my expectations moving forward.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of the reason why I am thinking of skipping C9. There were some Sigs I wanted but the ones I wanted were sold out. Official Pix for C5 and 6 did a great job with the autograph area Topps last year not so much.

As a Celebration veteran (I've now been to six of them), the last event soured me a bit on the whole experience. Between poor line management (don't get me started on the autograph area), unknowledgeable staff, suffocating crowds and a broken VIP & "disabled line" system, and a STILL screwed up Celebration Store experience, it's getting a bit out of hand.

And to top it all off, as someone else mentioned, it was scheduled over a major holiday weekend!

I'm optimistic about future events, but knowing what happened before has really put a damper on my expectations moving forward.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We'll see if we get an announcement on Friday.. here's hoping.

Reaction score
I'm planning on going to this next Celebration in either Anaheim or Orlando. yes, the lines are getting worse, the selection in the Celebration store scanter, but IF there is a Celebration next year, I will relax! I'm not into the new movies and plan to do shopping , taking pictures and enjoying the company of many thousands of fellow fans! Orlando is fun! the convention center huge, the scenery around the area well kept, the people, pleasant. but I guess it's Anaheims turn for the Celebration due to Disneyland and the opening of Stars Wars land.

Reaction score
Orlando convention center is the best place for this, it should be there permanently just like SDCC and D23, they don't move those around. They should announce its "new home" is Orlando!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Orlando convention center is the best place for this, I should be there permanently just like SDCC and D23, they don't move those around. They should announce its "new home" is Orlando!

I totally agree – I have been to all of the US Celebrations (even the first mud bowl), and I still think that the Orlando ones have been the best organized with the best layout. They had a screwup this past time with the metal detectors, but I’m still not sure if that was a Reed Pop or a convention center issue. Either way, they moved quickly and had It fixed by day 2. Now if they could just go back to Official Pix for autographs, everything would be good (I have heard that the Topps decision was mandated by Disney, and not Reed Pop – based on the disaster that Topps was, I am hopeful that Official Pix will return).

Reaction score
For me, Orlando is the best because of all the bars and restaurants they have on International Drive. In Anaheim, I just sat on my bed at night with a 12-pack. Maybe I just didn't explore Anaheim enough?

Reaction score
I'm with you regarding Offical pix doing the autograph area. Topps screwed up big time on that. Some sigs I wanted but all sold out in minutes. Though I wasn't able to get the trash monster though I got him on line from the GG site I was able to get the Luke X-wing.

I totally agree – I have been to all of the US Celebrations (even the first mud bowl), and I still think that the Orlando ones have been the best organized with the best layout. They had a screwup this past time with the metal detectors, but I’m still not sure if that was a Reed Pop or a convention center issue. Either way, they moved quickly and had It fixed by day 2. Now if they could just go back to Official Pix for autographs, everything would be good (I have heard that the Topps decision was mandated by Disney, and not Reed Pop – based on the disaster that Topps was, I am hopeful that Official Pix will return).

Reaction score
I am guessing it will be after the Solo premiere. I figure they want us talking about the movie, not the convention. However, I know nothing of marketing and promotion.

Reaction score
Interesting....I'd have preferred an event in Anaheim or Orlando, but Chicago should be fun. 5 days!!! o-o

Reaction score
Anyone know of truth to a rumor I heard about Disney not letting the new cast do signings and photo ops until after Ep 9 comes out?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
SHows how much I know about Marketing. :) Not the best place to have something like this, but oh well.
Based on what?

If it's size, honestly I'd pay more per ticket to have less people there sometimes.

If location, it's central in the US and has a close by international airport.

McCormick place holds a ton of big conventions each year as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk