Star Wars Card Trader App

Reaction score
SW TFA cards have "free pack" cards but the code is identical on all the cards: TOPPSTFA1218.

It says 'one per fan name'. Enjoy? :)

Reaction score
When in the world is topps going to release series 3??? I was hoping they would drop on New Year's Day, but nothing. Then today, nothing.

Reaction score
When in the world is topps going to release series 3??? I was hoping they would drop on New Year's Day, but nothing. Then today, nothing.
I was wondering the same thing. Seems like they should be out by now...

Reaction score
Making too much money off the previews. Or not enough because they haven't sold out yet...

Reaction score
I want to thank BlueLeader for all the help he has given me with my gold set.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra Cane Adiss Topp's Choice card, I am in the hunt. I keep offering and no one is biting. I have extras of Amanaman and Bubo that I would be willing to trade 2:1. Hell, I will even throw in the very first B & W Vader quote as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

RDM

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra Cane Adiss Topp's Choice card, I am in the hunt. I keep offering and no one is biting. I have extras of Amanaman and Bubo that I would be willing to trade 2:1. Hell, I will even throw in the very first B & W Vader quote as well.

Any help would be appreciated!
The whole "Week 1 marathons are more valuable" mentality on the app drives me nuts. Good luck on the hunt. Wish I had a dupe to help out with...

Reaction score
The whole "Week 1 marathons are more valuable" mentality on the app drives me nuts. Good luck on the hunt. Wish I had a dupe to help out with...
I completely agree and thanks! If a card has the same edition size, it has the same level of rarity in my opinion.

Reaction score
I have been getting the Series 3 cards. I only have one dupe so far.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sooo the S3 base card pack counts and prices suck.

It's almost worth just picking up insert packs as opposed to the base packs.

Reaction score
Hi :) so i was just wondering, this is just virtual card collecting? You never actually get any physical cards? Its a little strange to spend $$ on them because you can probably google search for most of them or i thought I read you can just see them all in the checklist app anyway. Not sure i see what the real point of it is?

They make real trading cards, to me its way more fun opening packs and having real cards. I dont see much enjoyment with virtual ones. Plus what if the app becomes outdated. You might lose anything.

So i was just curious why people like this? Not knocking anyone who does, just curious :) :)

Reaction score
Ok Guys. My trading for this series needs:

Red Set
Orange Set
Green Set

Also Hoarding any color of these Base 3 cards:
Rex
Captain Rex
Phasma
Lando (Empire)
Lando (ROTJ)

Just send me trades. IGN Deathbymonkeys

I AM trading singles for White and Blue as I already completed them.

Reaction score
The Force Awakens series 1 cards, sometimes you get a "You've won a free pack!" card for the app. How come it's not working on the app? They aren't expired yet, says the date of expiration is 1/31/2016.

Reaction score
Hi :) so i was just wondering, this is just virtual card collecting? You never actually get any physical cards? Its a little strange to spend $$ on them because you can probably google search for most of them or i thought I read you can just see them all in the checklist app anyway. Not sure i see what the real point of it is?

They make real trading cards, to me its way more fun opening packs and having real cards. I dont see much enjoyment with virtual ones. Plus what if the app becomes outdated. You might lose anything.

So i was just curious why people like this? Not knocking anyone who does, just curious :) :)
I wouldn't spend money on it, unless you also got physical cards with it/the equivalent. You do get free credits for just having the app, 25,000 per day as long as you at least open the app. So for me it's just fun to get certain virtual cards for the art/design, but that's where it stops for me.

Reaction score
The Force Awakens series 1 cards, sometimes you get a "You've won a free pack!" card for the app. How come it's not working on the app? They aren't expired yet, says the date of expiration is 1/31/2016.
Probably because the pack has been removed. I used the free code that came with the last SW Insider (PREMIERE1218) but when I found out it was just for an "on the move" pack I decided to wait to claim it after base 3 was released. Now when I try to claim it it says the pack is no longer available.

Reaction score
Is it bad that I want to write Topps and tell them that their series three ESB Boba Fett picture is actually a ROTJ Fett?
Both of them are. How do you make two ESB Fetts and both use RotJ images? Although I think one of them might be from ANH. Also Cody is listed as being from AotC and Stass Allie from TPM.

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but figured I would try here. I am trying to get a red 1977 #74 card. You can take up to 9 of my dupe inserts for it (your choice!). That is a 9:1 deal!

I have tried the app itself. I have found people who had dupes of this card and made them more than generous deals, but nobody seems to want to release their hold on this card!

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but figured I would try here. I am trying to get a red 1977 #74 card. You can take up to 9 of my dupe inserts for it (your choice!). That is a 9:1 deal!

I have tried the app itself. I have found people who had dupes of this card and made them more than generous deals, but nobody seems to want to release their hold on this card!
Oops, my SWCT name is same as here - DARTHSPANGLER

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Found one guy who had 4, yes 4, Cane Adiss Topps Choice series 2 cards. I offered three current marathon cards for it, plus 6 other insert cards and I received an automatic decline. I have no idea how else to get this card and NO ONE will trade away this card. I don't get it.:confused:

Reaction score
I could never figure out why people place such an inordinate amount of value to the first week card of each marathon. Same numbers but always much much harder to trade for

Reaction score
Finally got a Cane Adiss! Had to trade away two making of Monday's and a B&W film quote, but I got it.

Reaction score
Finally got a Cane Adiss! Had to trade away two making of Monday's and a B&W film quote, but I got it.
I know how you feel. I FINALLY got #74 in the red 1977 series. Sheesh!! Found quite a few people with dupes, but nobody would trade it for something reasonable (or they wouldn't trade at all, just had them locked up). I made VERY generous offers, but nobody would let go. I even looked on ebay, but somebody wanted $20 for it!! Ridiculous!

Now all I need is #68 to be caught up. This card, there are more of them out there, so hopefully this will be easier to pick up. If anyone has one and has given up chasing the series, I will trade you 5 of my dupe inserts (your choice). DARTHSPANGLER

Reaction score
That problem isn't limited to the virtual cards. We have people on here regularly listing Haves and Needs for actual cards, saying they want to trade. Then when you PM them to offer a trade you don't hear back from them. What is the point of saying you want trades if you don't ever reply to trade offers? If you think the offered trade isn't good enough, say so. If you have already traded away the card requested, say so. Posting requests for trades, then never responding to offers is ridiculous.

Reaction score
Good day today on the app. I was able to score widevision Death Star while trying to get the Topps Choice Death Star Droid. Then in my very next pack I got the Death Star Droid!

Reaction score
Just started playing with this app. You can only get the special cards by paying actual money right? I've been buying packs with the free daily credits and just get character cards. I did manage to get a couple cards with sketches of vehicles that are pretty cool but I don't see anything that looks like the old style cards.

Reaction score
Just started playing with this app. You can only get the special cards by paying actual money right? I've been buying packs with the free daily credits and just get character cards. I did manage to get a couple cards with sketches of vehicles that are pretty cool but I don't see anything that looks like the old style cards.
Depends on what you are looking for. Best thing to do is watch the News area. It will alert you when a new insert has dropped, the card count on it, and what packs it will be in. Yes, some cards you will only get by purchasing them, but most are available through opening packs. Do keep in mind, that the odds on pulling some cards are very high. Once an insert sells out (meaning all of the inserts have been pulled), all you will continue to get in those packs are character cards.

The old 1977 cards are released every Wednesday, usually early afternoon. They are currently on the red series and are releasing them 2 at a time. Today, they will release card 83 and 84. They do these cards a little differently. There will be one pack where you have a chance of pulling card 83 at 1:25 odds. If you successfully pull it, you will get access to a different pack where you have a chance at card 84 at 1:20 odds. Needless to say, unless you are VERY lucky, you aren't going to pull both on the free 25,000 credits per day (unless you have hoarded credits for a while, or you purchase credits (what Topps wants you to do)). I have found the red 1977 series to be the most frustrating marathon set ever. Each Wednesday, I have spent a minimum of 100,000 credits and only once have I pulled a card. Now, others might have a different story and pulled these very easily. Just depends on how things go in your favor. If you don't pull them, that is where trading with others comes into play...

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info! I'll have to save my credit for Wednesday to get the special cards. I got #81 by accident/luck a couple weeks ago and wondered why it was in with the others.

Reaction score
Coming into the first wave of series 2 marathon end. My two cents worth:

vintage sucks. Contrast way too high, award too blurred out. Poor form on double tarkins, and early character selection. The #3 Leia is the only appealing image, but parmthepom is holding 508 of them. Lol. I let this set go back on #4han.

widevision: hottest set on the block. Nice HD images that have great colour and scene selection has been great. Award card is a very very nice choice. Looking very much forward to receiving this one. My Grail cards. Have all 40 + 4 series 1 awards + the b&w error hyperspace variant.

quotes: b&w and sepia don't do the images justice, and the image is only half the card. Nice that we get double awards for this set. Congrats to anyone who achieved the colour versions (it'll be a very very low count award for colours, again, due to parm + an unknown who bought out near half the colours on amidala week and then a later week). Have both b&w and sepia locked in.

topps choice: a great continuation of an OK kind of set. Not my favourite but cool characters and nice images. My only beef is that topps need to use the card spaces more effectively. I mean, what's the point in having the name, which is clearly on the front, triple the size on the back? My opinion, but topps should have used the backs of these ones to give character description or reference, like the back of the intro 1980 ESB physical cards. Currently 9 of 9 in stack, just waiting for #10 to drop. In for the award, don't know who that'll be yet. Hopefully not another jabbas palace character.

making of: a nice surprise with these, 9 from 9 so far, just waiting on #10 to drop as well. Definitely be chasing all 30 of these. My number 2 choice of marathon sets this series.

fans choice: like the new format, but not a fan of the drop system. Being an Australian I'm never up at 3am to vote so usually miss the drop. 9 from 9 so far but they are a bit of a pain to get. I think they should just be put back into windu packs (or whatever the equivalent is now). More fair for all.

red 77s: just a reprint of the original series 2 topps series. I like these but cannot afford to chase them. Credit stretches only so far. (And I have the physical set so why bother I guess)

other than marathons there are currently two sets I like: the battle ready (chasing only b&w), and fashion of amidala set.

again, I simply can't afford to chase the battle ready cards any further than b&w, and am chasing the blue bordered amidala fashion set, but white looks great as well. (Pink bordered would be delightful)

i am a f2p trader with the occasional buy on eBay, if I think it will save a ton of credit, or have reached a credit limit on pack buys for particular cards.

it really sucks dropping 620k on a widevision chase and getting nothing but base, but believe me it has happened. Sometimes on this app you get lucky, and sometimes you don't get any luck at all.
Have been active in the game since around march/April of last year and have amassed a fair collection that I'm pretty happy with.

the highlight for me in the 2015 close was getting my monument DORME card (count 26), and my pink DORME card (count of 10). The pink was a true challenge. Having to cash in 70 golds for it was a mission! But well worth the effort.

this season I have begun hoarding the following cards and would appreciate any members here who want to help me out with white base cards.

HOARDING: Leia (ROTJ), Padme (white), Rey, Kylo ren, darth Vader (rebels), and the FA stormtrooper.

To be honest, I think I've chosen some of the hardest characters to attempt hoarding.

i am also looking for: nightbrothers savage, maul and ventress award in white, as well as series 1 marathon TC porkins, wicket and wren.

Remember traders, it has been stated by Jer himself that if you end up with all series 1 marathon cards and series 2 marathon cards from the same series there will be a special award for getting all 60. So a total of 5 awards per series is possible. 1 for wave 1, 1 for wave 2, 1 for wave 3, 1 for all 30, then 1 (apparently) for all 60. Guaranteed those that have all 60 are in for a very exclusive award card.

ive rambled on enough.

things have changed on the app big time. Way too many variants, and too much $pay for stuff. But topps is a business and $$ are all they really care about. They have enough solid base in traders to start seriously charging for stuff, so that's what they've done, and many many many people do throw big amounts of $$ into the app.
It is possible, believe me, to play and enjoy the app still without dropping your hard earned into it, but you just have to be a bit more selective in what you do, and don't chase.

good luck all.
Please send me my base hoard!!
1:1 on whites, 5:1 white:blue, 9:1 white:red. And so on. I'm a fair trader.

if newbies here want some old (2015) white/blue/red base for free, just hit me up.
MRS-SKYWALKER.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Free codes from my physical cards TFA Series 2...

It says 1 code per name, goto URL topps.com/SWCT

5AM2FMHD
LAG4CYO1 (oh)
HBBPHQUJ
CYJEPYZS
VJW9HX0T (zero)
FS8QBKAE
58DHR0YS (zero)
9LLCVF3M
X8QLL1LJ

6MVLTPIH
ZTTFC75G
5BHG5J5F

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am trying to collect the "physical" cards from TFA Series 2, but I do not need the codes. Is there anyone selling already redeemed cards, at a cheap price??

Reaction score
SDCC2016

http://www.toppsapps.com/swcardtrader/promo

Not sure if it is still good. Today might be the last day. Has a TK and a metal Chewie patch in it with expansion base.

There is also SWCTEVO2016 Gives a red base pack. I think it is just base cards but you might want to wait until a marathon is in the red pack before claiming it just in case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both codes still work! The SDCC code is only good for a little less than three hours.

Thanks for posting the codes!!!!!!!