Star Wars Card Trader App

Reaction score
On the front page of Rebelscum

Anyone tried this? I downloaded it but don't really get it. You buy virtual cards and then trade em or spend money buying more credits.

Has anyone tried the other card trader apps?

Reaction score
They mention vintage style The Force Awakens cards. Does anyone know if Topps is going to release those as real cardboard cards?

Reaction score
Not sure. It's been asked on the topps Facebook page a few times but they don't give a clear answer. I guess it's being saved for a subset or a Celebration giveaway

Reaction score
Man I got so stoked for this only to find out it's an Apple exclusive. I mean really? No Android? Pppffffttttttttt.......

Reaction score
Added you. Still not sure whats the point of trying to build a virtual collection when you can view all the cards through the checklist.

Reaction score
I downloaded this and it is somewhat addicting. Looking at the cards of other traders, people must be dumping tons of cash into this.

I'm still a little confused about the Gold and Purple cards. I know the Purples are rewards for completing a collection within 24 hours of it being released but the Purple rewards require Gold cards. Are the Gold cards just randomly inserted into packs? None of the packs have a % for Gold.

Reaction score
Not sure. It's been asked on the topps Facebook page a few times but they don't give a clear answer. I guess it's being saved for a subset or a Celebration giveaway
I checked the exhibitor list for Celebration Anaheim. Topps is NOT on the list!

Reaction score
I downloaded this and it is somewhat addicting. Looking at the cards of other traders, people must be dumping tons of cash into this.

I'm still a little confused about the Gold and Purple cards. I know the Purples are rewards for completing a collection within 24 hours of it being released but the Purple rewards require Gold cards. Are the Gold cards just randomly inserted into packs? None of the packs have a % for Gold.
Figured out the answer to this.

The Gold cards are only available in the "Master Packs" which are "reserved for the most devout collectors and can be unlocked daily by grabbing some credits from the Credit Store".

So, in order to get the Golds and Purples, you have to spend real $$$ and not just use your daily credits and free credits.

Reaction score
Added you. Still not sure whats the point of trying to build a virtual collection when you can view all the cards through the checklist.
I am having more fun with this then I thought I would. But I do agree, seeing all the cards through the checklist sort of defeats the whole purpose of this because you kind of already have them.

Reaction score
I've been spending too much time on this but at least not spending money.

Feel free to add me as well, brand4d2

Reaction score
I added all 3 of you guys. If you see any doubles I've got that you need just post a trade for something I need. I do have 2 Poe's for the EpVII group.

Reaction score
TFA-wise I need BB8 & Falcon and I have a extra Finn for trade. Would like to finish that set out.

name: PEDRO12345

Reaction score
Feel free to add me. mkos on there. I have extras of a few TFA cards - looking for the others.

I'm addicted so far, though I'm trying not to spend real cash on digital cards. (I've sadly caved twice.)

If they had some sort of QR code in their packs of physical cards for a free pack in the app, that would be cool.

Reaction score
I too have been hooked on this game and now that I've figured out the trading aspect, it's getting to be a lot more fun.

Add me if you'd like: COSMIC_COW

Reaction score
It's definitely a fun time-waster, but I don't exactly see the obsession for those people who are spending real, hard-earned money to get all these gold, purple, etc. cards and then spending hours chasing downs certain rare inserts when ALL of the cards are available to view. You have the "My Cards" deck and then you have the "All Cards" deck... Which let's you look at every card ever issued. You can select them to view each one individually... Flip it to read what's on the back... What more can you do with the "My Cards" deck than you can with the "All Cards" other than lock them or trade them for other cards that you've already seen in the "All Cards" deck.

I know those other cards aren't really yours, but it's sort of like if the Ferrari company put one of every Ferrari model ever made in your garage... You can look at them, open up the hood, drive them around as much as you want, but you can't sell them and they're not really YOURS... But we're gonna leave them with you forever... I don't really think I'd be too obsessed with spending cash to own my own personal Ferrari if that was the case.

Reaction score
It's definitely a fun time-waster, but I don't exactly see the obsession for those people who are spending real, hard-earned money to get all these gold, purple, etc. cards and then spending hours chasing downs certain rare inserts when ALL of the cards are available to view. You have the "My Cards" deck and then you have the "All Cards" deck... Which let's you look at every card ever issued. You can select them to view each one individually... Flip it to read what's on the back... What more can you do with the "My Cards" deck than you can with the "All Cards" other than lock them or trade them for other cards that you've already seen in the "All Cards" deck.

I know those other cards aren't really yours, but it's sort of like if the Ferrari company put one of every Ferrari model ever made in your garage... You can look at them, open up the hood, drive them around as much as you want, but you can't sell them and they're not really YOURS... But we're gonna leave them with you forever... I don't really think I'd be too obsessed with spending cash to own my own personal Ferrari if that was the case.
Yes. It's odd. Like I said, I caved a couple of times early on and bought credits (I think I spent 11.00 or less) but quickly realized that there's little point since you can see all of the cards. I find it fascinating how much money people are spending. I was talking to someone on there who had purchased one of the 50.00 credit packs and blown through it all that day trying to get the ackbar card. To each their own, of course (how many would shake their head at my action figure spending?), but it blows my mind.

I believe that Topps has said that they will be lowering the amount of daily credits that you receive after the initial period, but even then - when you can see all of the cards without having to find them in packs, there doesn't seem to be a difference other than bragging rights. Sure, my gold Snowspeeder insert card is cool and all, but anyone can look at it.

Reaction score
This app has got to be a goldmine for Topps.

Reading through the comment threads on the transmissions page of the app, people are dropping tons of $$$ into this trying to get every card. What makes it better for Topps and worse for collectors is that it gets harder and harder to get the cards you need.

For example, in order to get the Purple set cards, you need the Gold cards and you have to get that day's Gold card (and the 3 associated yellow cards) within 24 hours of the card being released (daily). In order to get a chance of getting a Gold card, you have to unlock (daily) the Master Packs. The only way to unlock the Master Packs is to buy credits for $$$ in the store.

Now, one Master Pack costs 20,000 credits which equates to $4.99. There are 15 cards per pack and you have a 1% chance of getting a Gold. Here is where the issue really lies. The previous days' Golds are not retired (yet at least). So, if you were trying to get today's Gold, you have a 1% chance. However, if you are lucky enough to pull a Gold, you now have a 1 in 9 chance of getting today's Gold.

Tomorrow you will have a 1 in 10 chance of getting tomorrow's Gold.

Topps is making it virtually impossible to collect all of the cards without spending a good chunck of $$$ daily.

And, this doesn't even count the inserts and the many levels of inserts. Not to mention they are releasing 2 or 3 inserts daily.

Reaction score
This app is pretty fun. I'm Refuse to spend real month on this though. Feels wrong to spend cash on a virtual card set when I can go to a store, spend the same amount and get actual cards.
if your looking to trade hit me up: obitimkenobi
have lots of doubles to trade.

Reaction score
Finished with my white sets, blue sets, and TFA as of trading this morning. I don't have a lot of blue/red duplicates, but I have a ton of white duplicates that I'm willing to trade away if anyone needs some. MKOS on there.

Reaction score
What would be cool is if Topps made it so that you got credits to use in the app for buying actual packs of cards in the store. Kind of like how if you buy a Marvel Comic book now you also get a code for the digital download. It's like a 2 for 1 deal and shoots life back into the hobby! I wouldn't mind spending actual money if I got real cards with it.

Reaction score
I think I'm officially done with this game. It was fun for the first few days and then I stopped getting inserts of any type. Normally I don't buy credits but with my luck being down I figured why not. So $20 later and still nothing. I'm barely pulling yellows anymore. Too frustrating and not enough get back for the time I'm putting into it.

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the plan for re-releasing the vintage sets through the app is? I'm most interested in those.

GNT

Reaction score
I find it a bit silly to buy digital cards, I hope they release an actual set which is what I would buy :)

Reaction score
I just got sucked into this. Completed my white, blue, and red sets. I've swiped a lot of Jimmie Dean sandwiches. :)

jcoffman99 if you want to trade.

Reaction score
You can earn free credits by watching adds or visiting certain websites. One that gives you a lot of credits is a Jimmie Dean page where you slide pieces of the sandwich to match the three types they sell. Silly, yes, but easy credits.

Reaction score
lol. Ok. I haven't had the Jimmie Dean offer pop up in my list. I've watched that "Will you be my hero?" game ad a million times, though (not sure what the game is called, so it isn't a very good ad apparently.). Most of the offers won't work for me - They just sit there loading and never go to the external site.

Reaction score
On my Ipad once I get he loading circle, if I hit the x in the top right corner it will then take me to whatever ad. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Reaction score
Anybody got a Palp/Maul connections they don't want?!? I've got an extra Padme/Leia connections and an extra Sabine. I can throw in some yellows etc too.

Reaction score
I'm having fun with this app with my kids. We all have accounts and have been trading and getting piles of free credits each day via videos and free offers. It took us a couple days to figure out how to wait for the right moment to buy our packs so we'd have a chance at inserts too (so many sell out so fast!) Overall we've had some decent luck and scored some fun stuff. I've finished my white and Force Awakens sets, almost done with blue too now....

To my thinking, Topps is setting a brutal pace with the game. Unless you really want to drop lots of real $$$ or spend every waking moment scrounging for free credits, it's near impossible to remotely keep up with inserts. I haven't even gotten into the gold/purple/orange cards. Just too much time/$$$ to play that game. I think over time, as people get their fill... interest will wane as people grow tired of the repetition. Some of these insert sets are scheduled for 30 weeks. That's a long time to try and hold people's interest.

My game name is HYPERDRIVEN. Hit me up. Happy to trade dupes 1 for 1, same color for same color to help build/finish sets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm kind of addicted to this thing. It's losing its appeal though since too many traders seem to think there cards are "worth" more in trade than seems right. When I offer a card that had a run of 1000 for a card with a run of 2500 but is from last week, it shouldn't matter. Right? There just seem to be a lot of opportunistic D-bags on there. That, and as the game goes on longer and longer it will be less easy to keep up. And I don't even care about any base cards higher than yellow.

I've spent money a couple times, but don't really want to. Got like 200,000 credits for buying a cup of coffee and 300,000 for buying my wife something that she would have bought from Saphora.

Feel free to add me: Foxer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kind of annoyed with the moments card today. 1:15 odds and opened over 40 packs and NOT ONE!
I've had a HUGE problem with this since the beginning. There are time I've opened 3 packs and pulled 3 inserts while other times I've opened 100 packs and have gotten nothing. People have said "oh, you need to drop serious $$$ to get something good" when I honestly don't think that's the case. All the good stuff I've ever pulled has been from free credits. And when I do spend $, I get absolutely nothing. It's a crapshoot, honestly... One thing I did notice is that I had better odds at pulling something good if I did it within minutes of the announcement or when the specialty pack dropped.

My other gripe with this is the actual user community. It's full of hoarders and scalpers. The only fair trading I've done is with the base W/B/R sets.