Star Wars BrickHeadz

Reaction score
For twelve days in September ticket holders to the New York Comic-Con (October 5th to 8th) were able to enter a lottery to buy an unknown event exclusive LEGO BrickHeadz set. With the winners contacted NYCC organisers have released the above teaser image - which sadly gives nothing away. But if you check out Rebelscum tomorrow you might enjoy the big reveal. If that's not your bag then you might be interested to know that Star Wars luminaries such as Adam Savage, Felicity Jones and Mark Hamill will be attending to give talks and sign autographs.

Reaction score
We came close to getting it right with our aptly titled post concerning the SDCC event exclusives - and here is the full scoop!

• All decorated parts are new and exclusive to this Comic-Con model
  • Han Solo has the first BrickHeadz official "closed-eye" design
  • Han Solo has the biggest BrickHeadz base made to date
  • Piece count: 329 pieces
  • Price: $40
This product is an New York Comic-Con retail exclusive, available only at the LEGO Group’s mobile experience during New York’s Comic-Con. The winners of the pre-show lottery allocations have already been notified so if you were lucky enough to get one then congratulations!

With the growing frustration, particularly after the issues with the distribution of 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon, among fans over such exclusives one has to wonder why LEGO persists with these. But until they come to their senses these BrickHeadz will serve as a soft launch for the other LEGO Star Wars BrickHeadzthat are coming out by the end of 2017 (two pairs) and April, 2018 (one pair).

If you didn't get one then cross your fingers and toes that LEGO will opt to have a virtual standby line. If they do it is likely that the mechanism for this will be electronic - you can tap in your entry badge and you will be sent a text message if there's availability and it's your turn to come back to the booth. But based on past experiences, the organisation on the LEGO booth will be such that multiple sets can be purchased if the right amount of flattery is applied.

But all is not lost because during the convention @LEGO_Group will be running a giveaway on Twitter.

Not surprisingly LEGO are taking some heat on social media, with fans expressing their irritation that they aren't able to access one, the lottery limited distribution and that such a mainstream character will be kept out of their reach. LEGO are responding with their characteristic bubble-gum boiler plate answers, causing more frustration.

Reaction score
Over at New York Conic-Con LEGO have officially added four Star Wars characters to the Brickheadz line-up. No points for guessing who they are; but if you need help it is #25 Rey, #26 Kylo Ren, #39 Han Solo and #40 Chewbacca. Thanks to Matt Booker for the exclusive pics.

Reaction score
Love all of the sh-t fans and collectors were giving Lego about the exclusives on social media. Hopefully Lego stops with their tone deaf approach to these con exclusives. If not, I will happily get the cheaper yet comparable KO counterparts :p

Reaction score
Hit up the image below for a brick-by-brick build review of the BH Fighting Aberdeen, I mean Kylo Ren.

Reaction score
I've been bricklinking exclusives for a few years now and I'm not super happy about the exclusive printed pieces in these. :(

Reaction score
LEGO released images of the first two Star Wars BrickHeadz sets - 41485 Finn and 41486 Captain Phasma. Both will go on sale for US$9.99 on November 1st.
[h=2]41485 Finn[/h]
[h=2]41486 Captain Phasma[/h]

Reaction score
WOW! Lego and Disney actually approved that ridiculous looking Captain Phasma design? So happy that I didn’t start collecting this line.

Reaction score
Nice scoop, Jeremy. I’m not a fan of the Brickheadz myself, but have to admit this one looks decent.

Reaction score
Nice scoop, Jeremy. I’m not a fan of the Brickheadz myself, but have to admit this one looks decent.

You won't have the same opinion when you see Chewbacca; it looks like a cross between Jake (in Adventure Time) and a turd. Seriously.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who's actually collecting the BrickHeadz? Curious to get an idea of how they're resonating with the AFOL crowd.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who's actually collecting the BrickHeadz? Curious to get an idea of how they're resonating with the AFOL crowd.
I like them, but so far have only bought Batman. If there really is going to be Yoda I will buy it. Aside from that, I would probably limit myself to OT core characters.

Reaction score
I’ve come across virtually all of the first wave on clearance for $5, but still couldn’t bring myself to pick any up. If there wasn’t so much good product on the way this year (and so much to catch up on!), I might have considered it.

Reaction score
I buy very little Lego these days sadly. but I do pick up the brickheads. I collect the SW ones, but I do buy the other characters if i get them for a good price. I just like little super-deformed characters.

Reaction score
That's kind of a bummer... I started buying the OT SW ones and figured they'd make TONS of them as the years went on.

Reaction score
That's kind of a bummer... I started buying the OT SW ones and figured they'd make TONS of them as the years went on.
No harm in building your own.The only tricky bricks are the four studs on the face ones, and they can be replicated with an inverted bracket and three 2 x 1 plates. We went to the local LBS and picked up enough from the PAB wall to make twelve BrickHeadz. Cost $15.

Reaction score
No harm in building your own.The only tricky bricks are the four studs on the face ones, and they can be replicated with an inverted bracket and three 2 x 1 plates. We went to the local LBS and picked up enough from the PAB wall to make twelve BrickHeadz. Cost $15.
Sure, but realistically that's not something I'm ever going to get around to. I'm more of a collect-the-line guy than a MOC guy. I don't have time, or tons of parts laying around.