Star Wars Authentics

Reaction score
No, the negativity is that actors that have never done a major film before are being sold at prices that A-list actors go for. The hobby has become less fun to collect because of people like Topps who think that they can gouge fans just because of the Star Wars brand.
Daisy and John both cost a lot for their authentic signatures. Felicity Jones is an Oscar Nominated actress. Sure their Rogue One multi-signed is a little expensive but it's the hottest movie and Topps wants to turn a profit off the license.

Reaction score
If Disney wanted to do it right, they should have put in a bid to purchase OPX, and then retained the awesome image library, the amazing staff, and impeccable service-reputation that OPX earned in the autograph-acquisition industry. Sure, the price structure still may have changed, but I'd be willing to accept that as long as OPX was still involved.

Agree with most of that , in fact all of it bar the price increase possibilities, but I suppose it would have been guaranteed to happen as the house of mouse would dicatet the amount of fan-rape going on.

Reaction score
You don't even want to see the prices for autographs in the parks...

Reaction score
Lol I saw them last week... $600 for an 8x10 Hamill or McDiarmid OPX!!

Reaction score
topps does make some nice looking cards though, i wonder how much this will sell for, $5000?

Reaction score
topps does make some nice looking cards though, i wonder how much this will sell for, $5000?

And the rest. Some folks would want $5000 just for Fisher now that she's passed. Hopefully in time prices will settle back down to a more sensible level. It's not like Fisher is rare. Same goes for 4 of the 5 other signers in the set of 6

Reaction score
Would not be at all shocked, to see that hit $20K, especially if it is numbered 1 of 1 or some such nonsense.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, the rarity of the card itself will make it worth several times more than the value of the individual graphs.

Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen this card? It can likely just be a mock up. Ford, Baker, Mayhew and Hamill haven't hit a Topps sticker that nicely yet.

Reaction score
Yeah, they are pulling a CA and just making a mock up with signatures found elsewhere. It's not the first time they've done this.

Reaction score
I ordered an 8x10 of Boyega. Will post when it arrives so people can see the quality.

Reaction score
For those interested, I got my order in from Topps today (wanted to do a small "test" order). (3) 8x10's. Printed on Kodak Endura paper with a lustre finish. Unfortunately, they are shipping the items in a hard cardboard envelope with two pieces of cardboard which the post can (relatively) easily crease. I emailed them for a refund/exchange- I wouldn't order anything expensive if they are going to be shipping this way rather than in a box...I'm sure once enough people complain they will remedy this.

Reaction score
You'd think a big company like Topps would know how to ship collectibles. I hope they didn't send out the autographed Daisy photos like that!

Reaction score
You'd think a big company like Topps would know how to ship collectibles. I hope they didn't send out the autographed Daisy photos like that!

OPX once sent me a personalized Carrie Fisher in similar packaging, and it did get creased. They replaced it, but still.

Reaction score
I would guess triple that. The Ford sells for 5-6 and this as two deceased actors on it. I assume it's 1:1. The first set that had Ford there were 10. They were selling for $9k. They are down now, but not much.

Reaction score

I have not doubt, that if the right person pulls this, this will could sell for 20-30k. There will only be two made, and the last triples went for 15kish. The value of the autos on it doesn't matter as much as the fact that it is the single greatest Star Wars trading card out there. There are collectors that will pay a fat sum for it.

Reaction score
I have not doubt, that if the right person pulls this, this will could sell for 20-30k. There will only be two made, and the last triples went for 15kish. The value of the autos on it doesn't matter as much as the fact that it is the single greatest Star Wars trading card out there. There are collectors that will pay a fat sum for it.
Are these out yet?

Reaction score

8x10 and the logos on each corner are alot smaller than I expected. It was packed well for me. Been seeing alot of them get damaged though as it is only cardboard that can easily bend. Got lucky I think.

Reaction score
Looks like a lot more 8x10s have been added, there's some really crisp images I've started a wish list up, I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on a few soon.

Has as anyone else got any of the blank 8x10s yet?

Reaction score
I'm looking for an US resident who plans to order some 8x10s from StarWarsAuthentics. Pm if you can help :)

Reaction score
Like Mike said earlier, the packaging they're using is poor and can be easily bent. I complained about mine being creased and, instead of a reply, received a tracking number the next day for what I assume is a replacement.

For what it's worth the photo looks really nice in person. Once they figure out their shipping I'd love to see this shot used for a Ford sit-down signing.

Reaction score
Liking some of the new OT pics added, but jeez, international shipping ain’t cheap!

EDIT - If any UK Scummers fancy chipping in on an order to save on shipping give me a shout.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love OPX, i look for blanks for signings when i want to make sets....but i have to admit these photo look just as good. I miss the circle logo but this is crisp as hell.

Reaction score
Liking some of the new OT pics added, but jeez, international shipping ain’t cheap!

EDIT - If any UK Scummers fancy chipping in on an order to save on shipping give me a shout.
I may be tempted, but I'm just a little concerned about the packaging issue? Wonder what packaging is used on more than a a couple of images?

Reaction score
It might be worth a few U.K. residents banding together to share shipping??
One other thing you have to think about is that guaranteed we would get a customs charge on anything coming in unless it was under £30. I get so many custom charges now it really hikes up the price of items.