Star Wars Authentics

Reaction score
Mentioned it in the Facebook group, but I really don't like the logos on the side that seem to be just printed on. Also, why do they only (besides two Ackbar shots) have only ESB for OT shots?

Reaction score
Yes, for CRAZY prices. I wonder if certain actors will refuse to sign non-Topps photos now if they are under a Topps contract.

Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2016/12/major-league-baseball-mlb-authenticators-lucasfilm-topps-verify-star-wars-collectables-1201874431/

Starwarsauthentics.com will start off selling autographed photos from what the companies describe as “Topps exclusive signers” including Star Wars: The Force Awaken‘s John Boyega and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’s Felicity Jones.

“Boyega signed items will be joined by The Force Awakens costars Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver,” they add. “In addition to Jones, Rogue One’s Forest Whitaker, Riz Ahmed and Donnie Yen autographs will be available. Starwarsauthentics.com will also be the only place to find the first official dual-signed items of Boyega and Ridley.”

Reaction score
Couple of nice images there, but obviously not in the same league as OPX. Has anyone ordered any of these yet? Can anyone give a heads up on the photos actual quality, cheers.

Reaction score
What will happen to OPX in the future? Will they still be able to contract Star Wars actors for signings?

Reaction score
Awful, distracting logos on the front. Way overpriced. Some aren't even available in 8x10. Their nonauto pic selection is terrible. Pass, pass, pass.

Reaction score
Wow, insane. $150 for a photo signed by someone I've never heard of?

And why the hell are there QR codes on the front of all of these? Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Knew something like this was coming, but I miss Official Pix :\

Reaction score
Not thrilled at the $17 I just paid in shipping on OPX for the three autographs I just ordered, but other than that, I waaaaay would prefer OPX over Topps. What will their shipping be? $34?!?!?! Those prices are stunningly absurd. I do worry about what this will mean for SW autographs in the future. Will all SW actors think they should jack up their prices? Will they stop signing in the streets? And $10 for an 8x10? Yikes! I have to laugh because I used to think $5.99 was too much (but I still bought a ton). But at $10 a pop? NO WAY.

Reaction score
Is $300 for a Daisy Ridley 8X10 not a good price? I know that 8X10s at Steiner are $450 and up.
I don't know about anyone else, and I know people have paid more, but for me, someone needs to be in more than one movie in order to warrant $300. And even then it's a stretch.

Reaction score
Ridiculously expensive and signed in white ink, not for me. Also I know Daisy as a general rule isn't cheap but John Boyega you'd be able to get for quite considerably less.

Reaction score
There are some great looking images here, good to see a company offering something new, if the £ to $ rate was what it was this time last year the price on the blank 8 x10s wouldn't be that bad IMO

i may get involved with some rogue one prints early next year, especially if I do manage to get over to the celebration.

prices on the autographed pieces are high but I guess your paying a lot for the authentication as a service as well as the inflated price that may have a lot to do with the license holding. Hopefully they might do a deal here and there to clear stock if they don't shift that fast!

i do way prefer the opx logo but will reserve judgement until I have one in hand, the white starwars logo is cool but the company one a bit boring.

i wonder if actors at future convention signings will hold these as their stock images?

Reaction score
The Daisy 8x10 is the most reasonably priced thing they've got for sale.

Reaction score
If they had a selection of Daisy Ridley signed 8X10s rather than just one image, I'd pull the trigger. $300 doesn't seem bad for her at all.

Reaction score
How did work out the price for Brian Herring??? He's £20 at a convention in the UK!!

Reaction score
I guess Disney realized a market exists for autographs collectors and secured a new opportunity to make money here. But how long till they forbid all of their Star Wars cast actors to offer autographed photos outside of that website, and the only way to get autographs will be either to order stuff from that official place or at an official booth in conventions?

The idea to make autographed photos available more easily is great, but this really looks like a way for Disney to take control of the whole autographs market and squeeze more money from collectors. And with the money Topps must be paying to have the Star Wars license, I don't see them agreeing with actors providing free or cheap photos out of that system.

I just don't like the idea of a business sticking their nose that way into collector's business and telling us how and what to collect. Well it's already somehow the case with figures, though you can still choose from which retailer you buy them (except for those exclusives but they are as annoying as this new autograph business) and you still have possibility to buy used and second hands toys and figures. Also the actors don't produce their own figures themselves. If an actor wants to sign a photo with their own name either in person or replying to fan mails, Disney shouldn't have to say anything about that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY HATE THEIR LOGOS !

Really intrusive and EXTREMELY ugly, where as the Opix shield was very cool.

Also the logo looks to be printed way too close to the edges making framing a bit difficult not to end up covering some of it and thus looking stupid.

Prices for most of this are INSANE !

Bring back Opix now please !

Last edited:
Reaction score
The international shipping price is 40$ !?!?!?! o-o

If someone from the USA is planning to make an order and want to help... please send-me a PM :)

Reaction score
Lifelong grapher here and WOW they should've released their website on April 1 because their prices are an absolute joke! I hope they go belly up because these are insane. Anyone paying these prices either has far too much money or needs to go to money management classes. The autograph area was by far my favorite part of Celebration but if these are what the prices will look like "count me outta dis". OPX come back!!

Reaction score
If Disney wanted to do it right, they should have put in a bid to purchase OPX, and then retained the awesome image library, the amazing staff, and impeccable service-reputation that OPX earned in the autograph-acquisition industry. Sure, the price structure still may have changed, but I'd be willing to accept that as long as OPX was still involved.

Reaction score
I don't know if their prices are a joke but they seem reasonable to me, especially for Daisy.

I hold Topps in high regard and I'm sure they'll do a wonderful job but I do miss OPX.

Reaction score
I don't know if their prices are a joke but they seem reasonable to me, especially for Daisy.

I hold Topps in high regard and I'm sure they'll do a wonderful job but I do miss OPX.
I'm not singling you out as others have said the same thing, but I just don't get how people think Daisy Ridley is worth $300-$500 for an autograph. She's at Harrison Ford level prices, and him, I can understand, but I still won't pay those prices for him as I've met him a few times for free. He's been in four SW movies, four Indiana Jones movies, he played Jack Ryan, and has been in a ton of hugely successful movies. Daisy Ridley has been in one Star Wars movie (okay, according to IMDB she's got some other credits, but to be honest, I also have about 14 IMDB credits but of course none of them are Star Wars, so what I'm saying is, I never heard of her before TFA regardless of what else she'd done previously). So, yeah, I just don't see the value there. And I'm not trying to start an argument, I just honestly don't see the comparison.

Reaction score
As long as she continues to sell at $300-$500, she will remain in that price bracket. Ford is actually $700-$1200 now (8x10 up to poster size). I would love to have them both cheaper, but people are paying these prices and, for right now, that is the market value.

Reaction score

I don't really understand all the negativity toward Topps. I mean I'll need to see the photo product first to make a call, but many of us thought no one would even pick up the license again. I'm sure they paid LucasFilm A TON to get that license and still the images are moderately priced (in fact, the 16x20's are $4 cheaper than OPX prices were online). The original logo they chose for the photos sucked, but the new one looks much nicer and this will be a nice opportunity to get some licensed photos from TFA and Rogue that were previously unavailable. Given the market, the Daisy prices ARE reasonable. Whether individuals are willing to pay that or not is very different- the items are selling at these prices. Before the private signings, IP graphers were getting $500+ for Daisy's full signature. No one will ever be able to live up to OPX and we were lucky to have them as long as we did, but I say give Topps a chance. 11x14's will be coming as well, early 2017, and after speaking with them this is just a small initial offering of photos.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed to everything you just said!

Plus Topps has had signings with literally all the big names you need for Star Wars autograph collectors!

Maybe the negativity is just a new license coming along that isn't OPX?

Reaction score
I also totally agree, I will certainly be interested in picking up some unsigned 8x10 prints at some time. I've acquired an awesome collection of opx prints this year which I treasure. For me having a new company take on the license and carry on creating high quality prints is a great thing especially if we get new images, i wasn't gonna touch the new movies for prints but the rogue one shots looks great, I would very much like to take some of these 8x10s to cons and get a few signed. Be nice to see some more black and white images next year!

does anyone from tops belong to this forum?

Also yes the prices are high for autographed pieces but let's not forget the authentication service that is part of their brand and a garrantee that if you buy one of these 2nd hand that you could authenticate against their service. For me they are out of my price range so I won't be investing at this time but I will do on the blanks!

i guess it's part of a forum way to critique / critisise/ slam new ventures and pick theapart but I'm just glad it's something new being offered for licensed starwars prints! You don't have to buy them!

Massive hats off to opx for what they produced and the amazing opertunities chris gives us to get great actors! Long may that continue!

Reaction score
Agreed to everything you just said!

Plus Topps has had signings with literally all the big names you need for Star Wars autograph collectors!

Maybe the negativity is just a new license coming along that isn't OPX?
No, the negativity is that actors that have never done a major film before are being sold at prices that A-list actors go for. The hobby has become less fun to collect because of people like Topps who think that they can gouge fans just because of the Star Wars brand.

Reaction score
No, the negativity is that actors that have never done a major film before are being sold at prices that A-list actors go for. The hobby has become less fun to collect because of people like Topps who think that they can gouge fans just because of the Star Wars brand.
This is what I can't wrap my head around. But, apparently people are willing to pay it because they gotta have it so the prices will just keep going up. I wish I had that kind of disposable income. If anyone is looking to adopt a man-child, I'm fairly self sufficient and don't need much supervision.

Reaction score
Trust me, it's not Topps.. these are the prices the actors are demanding. It's either pay and offer their autographs, or nothing.

Reaction score
Like most other things in life, we have to decide what we can and can't get.

I won't be chasing every auto from Rouge One and only have a couple from TFA for just that reason, only so much money to go around.

However, just because we can't afford a Porsche, doesn't mean it's not worth what they charge. If people will pay $500 for an autograph, the company/actor will charge that much.

Not many people have signed more autographs in the last 20 years than Stan Lee, but at every show he does there is a line 2 miles long for people willing to pay $100+ for an autograph.

If Daisy was only selling 4 autographs at $400, believe me the price would go down. But the market is currently supporting these kind of prices, so don't expect that to change any time soon.