Star Wars: Attack of the Clones™ - Padme Amidala™ Premier Collection Statue

Reaction score
May be a little off but for the love of the force I needed an at least decent Padme and This looks the best so far tbh. I have an entire display of nothing but Anakin/Vader, Luke and Leia and it’s felt empty with no Padme so I’m definitely picking this up…..and I’ve got a feeling an AotC matching Anakin is probably coming.

Reaction score
I saw an advertisement for this through social media and it had a different angle, kinda front from the side and the portrait looks even worse!

Reaction score
Likeness has become top notch since they trusted their work to that Tonka toys sculptor, what's his name? You know, same guy that made the Dooku bust and the half scale Yoda. Things are looking up! :cool:

Reaction score
Not a bad pose, and I like the diorama aspect of it. That said, the face definitely needs to have some rework done. Also (unless it appears that way on camera), the chain and column look a bit too plasticky to me, like a toy. Shading for the column I think could be improved, and the use of a metal chain, like they've done before for other pieces, could give it a more realistic look. Will they do it ????

1634675114650.png

1634675196481.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some things about this. The face is off but not that bad. MYC put up a Padme and I think that face is just as off.
Two...I'm glad they are pushing new non Vader Maul Luke pieces. That is the reason why I want to support this.
Three seeing this I just want the mini bust. I have the mini bust.wouldn't mine one with arms though!

Reaction score
Some things about this. The face is off but not that bad. MYC put up a Padme and I think that face is just as off.
Two...I'm glad they are pushing new non Vader Maul Luke pieces. That is the reason why I want to support this.
Three seeing this I just want the mini bust. I have the mini bust.wouldn't mine one with arms though!

Totally understand your reasons for your support of this piece. It's indeed a breath of fresh air to see something from AOTC/PT other than the usual Maul bust or statue. I agree that as a pair ( statue and Mini Bust) would look quite nice together. My complaint: Both, the statue an arm-less Mini Bust have not very good likeness. We haven't seen them improve on anything we have suggested in recent years, but let's pretend they would be paying attention this time around and working on giving her a face having a better likeness than what we are seeing and matching the scene, plus a Mini Bust with arms with a good level of resemblance to the actress ( no new Count Dooku MB approach, please), personally I would buy both of them. As it stands, and this is just my personal opinion, it seems they are taking some shots in the right direction but somewhat missing the target.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The expression on her face doesn't match the scene and they are a ways off on the likeness. I'm definitely passing.

Yeah. Her face expression should signal anger; she's fighting for her life thus her eyebrows should be lowered, pulled closer together, and the eyelids squinted or raised. The lips could be sculpted curled inwards and the corners of her mouth pointing downwards. I'm not seeing that on the sculpt besides her face dimensions not being all there. She looks tired, sad and guilty instead.

Reaction score
She misses the days when GG were kings.

de80e0da3682a2bf3b1c0d1730826b3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
To me, it seems they are pushing for a lower standard of collecting while maintaining the same high prices. We all know GG once could do much better than this. The Queen Amidala Mini Bust was/is beautiful. This, this feels more like revisiting Hsbro's Unleashed line, which wasn't bad for a plastic figure from a toy company, but not so for a company supposedly offering High -End collectibles.

Reaction score
I agree with you all! A win/loss here. Happy to see something different. Sad it is not up to par with some past product.
If she doesn't sell well then that could end anything out of the norm being produced. That was the one thing GG was good about! Releasing stuff that was not the norm! Something Regal Robot now seems to do.

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with the “GG used to be better” line, they were always hit or miss with little in between. The old Padme mini bust is horrible.

Reaction score
GG was always hit or miss when it came to human sculpts, on one hand you have their SDCC Luke Skywalker from ROTJ for SDCC a few years back that doesn't have any resemblance to Luke..while around the same time they made TLJ Crait Luke Skywalker that looks pretty great.

I want to support this and buy this, I like the idea of the base and the scene, just fix the face a bit lol. Hot Toys and Sideshow hasn't made any Padme products, so I would like to support the character where I can.

Reaction score
It's nice to see Padme finally getting some love, but for the love of pete...can we PLEASE get more of her costumes besides this one and the Snowbunny? I love the Snowbunny outfit, but she has so many gorgeous gowns and other outfits, and they keep doing the same ones over and over.

Reaction score
I don't mean that GG was good at likeness. I mean it was good at picking characters that were not always front and center. They..at times..offered something different. A character that would normally be ignored by other higher end collectibles.

Reaction score
I think that while we are all naturally having a different approach to this 2030 release (LOL), whether we choose to buy it or pass on it for one reason or another, we all share the same feelings when it comes to this:

#1- We want GG to do a better job at character likeness. This is something I'm sure that can be accomplished after almost 20 years of being in business by choosing the right sculptor solely based on the person's skills/previous work on human likeness and of course, proper supervision.

#2- Offer a little more of what hasn't been produced, other than the usual handful of repeated characters, same outfits, poses. Variety makes collecting attractive and interesting, and in our own individual way, we're all trying to point that out.

I like focusing on the things that unite us rather than those that could divide us. Like so, if we are all posting here, whether you are a "newbie" just starting to collect these or an "old timer" collecting for years, we're doing so because we have an interest in their product, and we want it to continue. That being said, it is our money we are spending and most of us want to spend it wisely on product that pleases our eyes, one that looks and feels realistic and deserving of our support, one that does not feel and look average, which is why all of us end up "whining" at some point. This is my personal opinion and I'm not trying to push it on anyone, therefore all things considered, I feel GG as a business has a responsibility to their clients (their source of income) to deliver the level of quality expected. "With great power comes great responsibility". :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Look at the faces of the busts in my collection. They were doing this. They did it for years.
Faces were way better. Paint jobs were much more detailed.
Come on Gentle Giant, you did it. You can do it again.

Attachments

• DSC09032.JPG
    DSC09032.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Look at the faces of the busts in my collection. They were doing this. They did it for years.
Faces were way better. Paint jobs were much more detailed.
Come on Gentle Giant, you did it. You can do it again.

That is true, but remember that happened under GG's own ownership, and while there have always been issues, their directive followed a more proudly, personal approach as a unique entity. GG was then bought over by 3D Systems and more recently by DST. I think the new ownership does not give that great a value to GG's stuff. It appears they see it more like just another branch of their company as a whole, and like so we've been seeing more frequent issues relating to lack of quality control, poor likeness and absence of requested characters. I can't assure you of this, but it sure feels like the expected quality level has been lowered, corners cut, coming down to the consumer decision to accept it or walk away.

Last edited: