Star Wars Atlanta Chapter

Reaction score
Which Rebelscum members live in Atlanta? Do you go to any of the numerous Cons or collectible conventions in the Atlanta area, even out towards Gwinett Co? I was born in Atlanta in 1975 in the Buckhead area of Peachtree, I bought most of my childhood collection from the old Lionel Toy Store (later replaced with Toys R Us-back when Toys R Us was actually a good toy store). Good Star Wars toys could also be found in unlikely places, such as Book Nook or Oxford Book store near the check out desk! Come to think of it, at least 4 stores in Lennox Square Mall had SW toys back in the day! Even Tower Records had a small rack of carded figures in the late 70's and early 80's. Such great times!

When I got to grade school my mom moved me out towards the Lawrenceville/Snellville area to get away from Fulton Co schools. I was disappointed because it was harder to find Star Wars toys after the move. Back in the 80's that area was still very much "country", at least compared to nowadays. About the only place to score SW toys in Lawrenceville, for example, was Eckerds, or Revco. There was a Kmart about 20 minutes from our house, and I was lucky if my mom who travel that far, ever.

Ok Atlanta, SPEAK UP!!!

Reaction score
Which Rebelscum members live in Atlanta? Do you go to any of the numerous Cons or collectible conventions in the Atlanta area, even out towards Gwinett Co? I was born in Atlanta in 1975 in the Buckhead area of Peachtree, I bought most of my childhood collection from the old Lionel Toy Store (later replaced with Toys R Us-back when Toys R Us was actually a good toy store). Good Star Wars toys could also be found in unlikely places, such as Book Nook or Oxford Book store near the check out desk! Come to think of it, at least 4 stores in Lennox Square Mall had SW toys back in the day! Even Tower Records had a small rack of carded figures in the late 70's and early 80's. Such great times!

When I got to grade school my mom moved me out towards the Lawrenceville/Snellville area to get away from Fulton Co schools. I was disappointed because it was harder to find Star Wars toys after the move. Back in the 80's that area was still very much "country", at least compared to nowadays. About the only place to score SW toys in Lawrenceville, for example, was Eckerds, or Revco. There was a Kmart about 20 minutes from our house, and I was lucky if my mom who travel that far, ever.

Ok Atlanta, SPEAK UP!!!
i live in henry county about 25 miles south of Atl. Had the toys as a kid and then went nuts when the vintage collection came out and now i have a garage full of modern and vintage Star Wars. Would love to meet up with others or make some trades after football season (busy coach right now). I appreciate I starting a ga thread.

Reaction score
Im not in ATL ..north of it in Cartersville. looks like there arent many GA scummers in here..I guess if this was a knife and gun forum though itd be busy lol

Reaction score
check your Walgreens guys if your after the 6" Fett..the one in Cartersville just got them in today

Reaction score
No Fett around here (Lagrange area). Not in my possession, anyway. Lagrange Walgreens ordered three 6" figures, for me, after I asked if they'd be getting Fett. They got the three figures in, but let some one have a crack at them before notifying me that they had them. I'm hoping one of them wasn't a Fett but if it was, and you got him, You're Welcome.

Also, if anyone finds an extra in the Atlanta area and can help me out, let me know. I'll be in Atlanta a few weekends coming up. I can pay a small finders fee.

Reaction score
I'm south 30 min of atl. I primarily collect vintage SW stuff. I buy and sell sometimes. I have lots of extras.
I like most of the late 70's and 80's stuff. SW, gi joe, motu, boglins, transformers, mad *****, sectaurs, etc.
We just had a baby so I am going to have to sell some stuff in case anyone in close.

Reaction score
I'm in Gwinnett County (Lilburn). Haven't seen a Prototype Fett, but I only started collecting like a week ago. If I do come across any I will try and grab some extras for you guys.

Reaction score
I'm down in Macon, an hour & a half South. Like rusVan, I was born here in the 70s and collected when I was a kid. I got back into collecting in the POTF2 era - ROTS, but haven't been very active in the past few years. The new movies have me excited to see what's coming. A big fan of EU, especially novels, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reaction score
I'm down in Macon, an hour & a half South. Like rusVan, I was born here in the 70s and collected when I was a kid. I got back into collecting in the POTF2 era - ROTS, but haven't been very active in the past few years. The new movies have me excited to see what's coming. A big fan of EU, especially novels, I'm cautiously optimistic.
New movie = say goodbye to my wallet & 401K

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am also in Henry County. I feel like there are a few members on the board in the McDonough/Locust Grove area. Just fyi, peeped Jonesboro Rd Target and 20/81 Toys R Us this week. Nothing but shelf warmers, but if anybody is a Lego Fan, TRU had an Emperor's Arrest on clearance.

It would be cool if there are enough metro/south atlanta scum to do a meet-up.

Reaction score
I am also in Henry County. I feel like there are a few members on the board in the McDonough/Locust Grove area. Just fyi, peeped Jonesboro Rd Target and 20/81 Toys R Us this week. Nothing but shelf warmers, but if anybody is a Lego Fan, TRU had an Emperor's Arrest on clearance.

It would be cool if there are enough metro/south atlanta scum to do a meet-up.
im up for a meeting for sure!

Reaction score
Im not in ATL ..north of it in Cartersville. looks like there arent many GA scummers in here..I guess if this was a knife and gun forum though itd be busy lol
Im not far from you. I'm in Polk county. It would be cool to meet up with some Georgia collectors and share some stories and some finds.

Reaction score
From Powder Springs, here. Work in Atlanta though. I hate the drive. Do you guys know anywhere to find vintage figures around here?

Reaction score
I found vintage figures in Kennesaw at the big shanty and at an place with the name Oddities. But other than that no dice near Atlanta from what I have found.

Last edited: