Star Wars Artwork ( No Photonovels Allowed )

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We've had a few requests to try and filter out the Artwork from the Photonovels. I'm starting this thread and stiking it up top for all artists to showcase their latest and greatest Star Wars art. Please do not post photonovels in here. Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks for the separate thread.
I'm a printmaker and thought I'd try to do something star wars-y. This is a montotype hand printed on a press off of a metal plate. The plate is covered with black ink and then using q-tips and blending stumps black ink is removed to define the image. So anywhere you see white that's the paperwhere the black ink has been removed.
LMK what you think.

Reaction score
Is the image itself original? Or based on something, like a movie still? Nicely done, btw.

Reaction score
I am so glad that there is now a dedcaded thread for sw art. I love the above darth, I think you have done a fabulous job of spotting blacks to creat the perfect mood for him. I like the use of the stormtrooper to offset him but I think he looks a little skewed some how. Love the piece though! Now I've gotta get off my but and scan some of my drawings!

Reaction score
Okay. Here are a few of mine. They aren't ALL star wars but they're some of my favorite paintings. All are acrylic paintings on canvas except Leia which is oil on canvas. I apologize that the photos aren't better. Hope you enjoy.

Reaction score
those are some very nice pieces! I'm assuming you painted those? The Leia likeness is dead on but I am truly impressed buy the keys! Subjects like that always make me appreciate the beauty in the everyday item. Bravo!

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Yep. All are painted. The alligator tooks me upwards of 3 months to complete. It's the largest painting I've ever done. Measures 30x40 if I'm not mistaken.
The keys were difficult which was the main reason I chose them. Makes for an interesting subject.

I've been meaning to do other B&W Star Wars character portraits but nowadays I'm busy painting things for other people.

Reaction score
I agree with the keys. If you never mentioned it was a painting I would of thought it was an actual photo of the item lol. Excellent job, I hope to see more of your future work.

Reaction score
Here's an image of Snow Bunny Padme that I finished last week. The file size limitations of this site really degrade the image but you get the idea.

Snow Bunny Padme

Reaction score
What's the appropriate forum and thread here at Rebelscum for us to post pictures of our Star Wars tattoos if we have them? I didn't do the art, of course, but I did get my person adorned with some very eyecatching SW art...

Reaction score
JimCorrigan said:
Here's an image of Snow Bunny Padme that I finished last week. The file size limitations of this site really degrade the image but you get the idea.

WOW how was this done?
Love the colors and detail.

yodascorch

Reaction score
yodascorch said:
JimCorrigan said:

WOW how was this done?
Love the colors and detail.

yodascorch
I made it using a combination of Poser 6, Lightwave 7.5 and Photoshop CS. It took a long time to get right. The most tedious part was painting all the fur.

I'm glad you guys like it.

Reaction score
diamondplate said:
Are you thinking about doing anymore of these? I would love to see more!
I usually go back and forth between SW and superheroes.

Here's a page with all of my current work.

Also, I use a PC running WinXP.

Jim's images

Reaction score
well i have the progress of my latest commissioned art piece in the othe thread but thought I would post it here as well since its strictly "art"
Here is the latest update on a piece I was commissioned to paint.
It will have a sandtrooper in the foreground which is what you see but also a dewback and rider in the background. plus the desert and twin suns. Taking a while to complete but im pretty happy with it so far.

The second pic shows the full scale. The piece will be 22x30

Reaction score
Re: Pheonix023\'s art

I'm new here, but I'm also a SW art Fanatic....All of the stuff I've one so far is on http://www.deviantart.pheonx023

Its mostly Mando and Clone stuff, but there are a couple twi'leks in there....including one in Leia's metal bikini, lol.

Reaction score

Pheonix023 said:
I'm new here, but I'm also a SW art Fanatic....All of the stuff I've one so far is on http://www.deviantart.pheonx023

Its mostly Mando and Clone stuff, but there are a couple twi'leks in there....including one in Leia's metal bikini, lol.
Can't get in! Is ther link busted?

Reaction score

nice stuff, Pheonix!
I got another one to share:

check the larger version here!

Reaction score
JimCorrigan said:

That is gorgeous!