Star Wars Arcade 1 Up

Reaction score
I bought it but haven't assembled it yet. I am in the process of buying a house and believe me it's the first thing that gets built when I move. Its so frustrating. But moving it assembled would not be the smartest move for a nearly 600 dollar investment. Plenty of reviews on youtube.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There has been a steady flow of these the past couple weeks being delivered by the UPS center where I work. For what it is worth the box seems to stand up to the typical bangs and bumps of a delivery system better than the flood of 1UP machines that people ordered last holiday season. Maybe 1UP realized they had to improve protection of the contents as they branch into more high end setups.

Reaction score
The review there didn't mention anything about the aspect ratio - is the screen the same aspect ratio as the original game?

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nick says that it’s a 17” screen it displays 4:3 like the original stand up version.

Reaction score
I bought it but haven't assembled it yet. I am in the process of buying a house and believe me it's the first thing that gets built when I move. Its so frustrating. But moving it assembled would not be the smartest move for a nearly 600 dollar investment. Plenty of reviews on youtube.
Congrats on the new house!! I know what you mean, moving is a huge PIA. We just bought a house earlier this year, we moved in mid-June & that was a HUGE pain!!

Reaction score
Congrats on the new house!! I know what you mean, moving is a huge PIA. We just bought a house earlier this year, we moved in mid-June & that was a HUGE pain!!
Thanks!
BTW the original machine for Star Wars was a vector screen. This makes a HUGE difference off the bat. The lines will NEVER be as crisp. Since vector monitors have gone the way of the dodo, this seems to be as good as it's going to get. ESB was only a conversion kit, so the same holds true.

Reaction score
2 Part question:
For anyone who has any 1UP game— I have 2 others & I tried the “riser-stand-thing” but I felt that using it for an extended period of time, I got 1)tired physically of standing and 2)tired sooner mentally of playing. But then I removed the riser, used a nice comfy video game/computer chair & it felt so much better. Back doesn’t hurt, I concentrate much better while sitting, can play longer, etc.
Anyone else have similar experiences when comparing sitting to standing?? Anyone else feel the same way?

Strangely enough, I didn’t hear about the SW game till just recently but I had always wanted a 1UP game so about 2 months back I went & bought Galaga/Galaxian and also Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command/Dig-Dug (That‘s a GREAT BARGAIN for those 4 awesome games in one console).
Anyhow, I’d like to make space for the Star Wars one, so I need to let go of 1 or both of the others. Please contact me if you are interested in either of the 2 I have now. Again, I've owned them for under 8 weeks, they are practically brand new(never touched by kids), owned only by only me–1adult and very gently used. I still have all paperwork, all instructions. Im in Myrtle Beach, SC area so I can either meet up for local delivery, or I can simply take it apart (which is surprisingly easier than one would think) and mail it in a few separate packages. I am also open to doing a partial trade/cash deal.