Star Wars AMP’D

Reaction score
It looks like the "figures" will be buildable like this too. Can't Hasbro stay with a Galactic Hero-like subline for more than half a year? What was wrong with Jedi Force, or whatever they called the first replacement. Or is it still going on and this is replacing Transformers? Hasbro is making no sense right now.

Reaction score
You guys are going to hate me for this. But dear GOD I want to see what another company could do with this license. I HATE HATE HATE this glib "collectors are second to kids" force fed mentality. I'm 34, I don't know what to label the stuff i want to collect(toys? Action figures? Collectibles), but Im not the primary demographic this company is catering to. I just want highly detailed highly(but cleverly) articulated, screen accurate 4 " figures.

Reaction score
Oh cool, Star Wars Lego!

Wait, doesn't somebody already make this stuff... ?

Reaction score
Not too interested yet but there is some potential custom fodder so I have to see where it's going. They should have used this concept to expand the Build-A Droid Program. I mean, how cool would it be if they did dozens and dozens of droid parts, hell expand it into aliens and other characters, a customizers dream.

GNT

Reaction score
I have a feeling these will be like Action Fleet sized and the figures will be the tiny figures from that line eg 3cm big lol

Reaction score
Ehhh, the massive amount of holes ruin it for me. Kids might like it, but I think it looks like a bad version of Action Fleet.

I has a sad.

Reaction score
Um ok! I miss the vintage days in the 70-80's because all the stuff Kenner released all kind of incorporated with each other so you can make some great scenes from the movies. Ah the memories of those Sat afternoons as a kid and have the snow battle being played on my twin head and Hoth Leia and Bespin Han kissing in the folded comforter trenches with the battle rages on by the pillows.

Now it seems like Hasbro can't put their resources together to focus on one area like on line of figures ( should only be VC) and vehicles and playsets galore like in the good days. Instead of all these separate figure lines and random crap on the shelves. Honestly, did we need fighter pods or the multitude of light sabers hanging on the pegs? I'm in it for the long haul on VC, but after that I can't wait to say goodbye to this crappy manufacture. Everything seems half baked now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i agree. theres so much crap in the toy isle now. It seems in my area(bakersfield CA) no one is buying anything! i can find 3 of everything right now...

Reaction score
I have to agree that this looks awful. On one hand, one less thing I have to buy, but on the other, I think dilluting the line has to be bad for it overall.

Reaction score
Oh hush. I think these AMPD stuff are cool. Maybe we can build our own hybrid X-Wing Tie fighters from the New Jedi Order books

Reaction score
These are obviously not meant for anyone who is reading this thread.

Collectors get plenty of stuff that no one else would buy. Just because they don't get every background character that they ask for doesn't mean Hasbro is ignoring them.

Children play with toy lightsabers. Children also seem to be going crazy over Squinkies and Mighty Beanz, and Fighter Pods are Hasbro's attempt to take some of that market. Just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean Hasbro can ignore market trends and the wants of other demographics to focus on a group of people who seem to do nothing but complain.

Reaction score
Interesting concept, but I'll be passing on these. Besides, I collect LSW, and Lego LOTR looks more tempting with each pic.

Reaction score
Not thrilled by these. Maybe I'll pick up one just to say I have one. Maybe

GNT

Reaction score
It reminds me of 1980s toys for some reason, big pass for me.

Reaction score
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
This line is obviously aimed at kids, which is Hasbro primary demographic, not 40 year old collectors complaining about the lack of screen accuracy or no slideshow at this year's retailer trade show. Hasbro makes toys, Sideshow makes collectibles. If you're not happy with Hasbro products don't support them. I highly doubt the money put into this line lead directly to adult toy collectors not getting more Cantina Aliens or Jabba Denizens.

I might buy these for my 3 year old who is heavy into building toys. They look interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow...thanks for setting us all straight. We all thought these were for 40 year old collectors who complain about screen accuracy. But now we know they're for kids. Thanks for clearing that up for us. Thank you for that.

Reaction score
I thought Hasbro produced action figures? :rolleyes:

Why don't they stick to what they're good at?

Reaction score

They still make Mr. Potato Head, and I never see anyone complaining about him on the Internet. This line has more in common with that, and that was their first successful toy.

Reaction score

I guess Hasbro's thought process is, if you throw enough s**t against the wall some of it is bound to stick.

As much as hate stuff like this, i have to admit, like the guy above did, my 4 year old would like the building aspect of the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hasbro also makes board games like Scrabble, why is there no outrage over that? It sometimes might be easy to forget that their world does not revolve around adults who collect toys, and their business is making toys not just Star Wars action figures. These are a great idea to get lil guys into Star Wars that will move on to be the next generation buying action figures by the hoards and *****ing about everything the company does on the internet. It's the circle of life ;)

Last edited: