Star Wars AMP’D

GNT

Reaction score
*Please note this item is being released by Hasbro and may or may not be Vintage collection themed*

Hasbro have announced a new vehicle and figure line called "AMP’D" which according to Hasbro:

For the first time ever, kids will be able to quickly and easily customize the most iconic STAR WARS vehicles and prepare them for any mission: land, space, sea or air! In 2012, the line features 9 figures and 6 vehicles.

Any thoughts on this? Could be in a smaller scale as well.

Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a special edition of that energy drink.

Sounds look it could be interesting. It could be awfully hoky too, but I'm at least interested.

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling too I but I don't think anything can top the failure of Star Wars Choppers.

Reaction score
Sounds like something else for them to focus on instead of the SW:TCW line...

Reaction score
No big deal, sounds like a funky version of mini-rigs or something.

But I bet they'll annoy some of you guys by putting in some exclusive figs in there.

Reaction score
I've been hearing rumours of a new scale of SW figures being worked on at Hasbro recently. It sounds like this might be the source of it. Starships with swappable parts and mini figures? Sounds interesting, though probably not something I'll be needing.

Reaction score
I wonder if these could be somewhat reminiscent of the old M.A.S.K. toy line?

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad they're still running the department that annoys collectors to no end, rather than putting that energy and money into stuff we've been pining for since the dawn of toys!

Reaction score
Well, this seems interesting, but if its a new scale, I won't be terribly interested.

Unless they're scaling down to the Action Fleet size, then it'd be crazy interesting.

Reaction score
It could be interesting if they in the same scale as their action figures, but if it is something totally different like SW Choppers or whatever, then I wont be interested.

I'll admit the concept sounds cool if you can easily customize minig rig sized vehicles.

Reaction score
Id love to see the actual numbers associated with all of these experimental kids lines hasbro has introduced over the years. I know it seems illogical but I CANT believe hasbro profits/gains from these flash in the pan lines. They come and get cancelled almost immediately. Hasbro repeatedly tries theses lines out but stresses how risky the collector market is. I don't buy it. I can't think of a reason why they'd lie or shoot themselves in the foot(which is why I say my doubts are illogical) but I don't buy hasbros kids vs collectors arguments.

Reaction score
It could be nice, with new figures and interesting vehicles. But, knowing Hasbro, this probably won't end well.

Reaction score
Might I remind you of this...........

No more "Good Idea Fairies" as we put it in the military, just stick to what you know, not what you think might be a good idea. I am an open minded person, but I have my doubts on this one, then again, who knows, maybe it'll be something cool like these were:

Reaction score
How Lucas doesn't have enough money for a tv series i'll never know. They'll slap star wars on the side of any old product in any country.

Reaction score
Great. Something else to waste precious resources, thus ensuring TVC will continue to be plagued by epic delays, reshuffles, and setbacks. Looks like I made the right decision to give up the hobby before 2013.

Reaction score
Id love to see the actual numbers associated with all of these experimental kids lines hasbro has introduced over the years. I know it seems illogical but I CANT believe hasbro profits/gains from these flash in the pan lines. They come and get cancelled almost immediately. Hasbro repeatedly tries theses lines out but stresses how risky the collector market is. I don't buy it. I can't think of a reason why they'd lie or shoot themselves in the foot(which is why I say my doubts are illogical) but I don't buy hasbros kids vs collectors arguments.
This is something Im in total agreement with. Itd also be a great question to throw in their face at one of their in person hasbro panels at a con.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still want 6" Star Wars and GI Joe Legends.

I think I'm one of like five people who want that though.

Reaction score
Anything called "Amp'd" won't be aimed at Collectors.
[h=2][/h]

Reaction score
It could be interesting if they in the same scale as their action figures, but if it is something totally different like SW Choppers or whatever, then I wont be interested.

I'll admit the concept sounds cool if you can easily customize minig rig sized vehicles.
I agree 100%. This could end up interesting.

Reaction score
... stresses how risky the collector market is. I don't buy it...
Most collectors are adults with a regular income that have been loyal to the line for years. I don't buy for one second that the Star Wars Collector market for 3 3/4" stuff is risky whatsoever. If anything it's their most solid market.

To be honest it seems like parents, gift givers, and kids are drifting away from the line.

Reaction score
I can just tell this won't be for me. Once VC has ran its course for me and I think I have all the ones carded I want. Then it's bye bye Hasbro. Allocating the funds I have for VC back to Sideshow SW statues.

Reaction score
I'll wait to see what this is before deciding if it's good or bad. It might be something my kids will think is cool. I'm always on the lookout for something that would be effective for Star Wars brainwashing purposes.

Reaction score
These sound like they'll be another half-*****, almost Action Fleet-like line. For Force's sake Hasbro, just return to making awesome Action Fleet toys, with the same accuracy and playability as Galoob managed to put in them.

Reaction score
AMP'D = Another Micro-scaled Product Disaster

Another Mass Produced Dud

Agonizingly Mediocre Product Description

Attempt at Marketing Purile Drivel

Reaction score
this is proof positive the Hasbro's Marketing and Planner teams drop acid!

Reaction score
So glad they wasted money sculpting this Darth Vader's TIE fighter instead of a new one for the 3 3/4 figures.

Reaction score