Star Wars #1 Variant Covers - need a list

Reaction score
Has there been any prices announced for these? Some of them will set you back 50-150 each.

Reaction score
I called my local Forbidden Planet (UK) to ask about the Adi Granov Boba Fett variant but they couldn't give me any info, or how many they were going to be allotted. I may be able to help fellow collectors with picking up some extra copies but I may end up ordering from the website if my LCS can't give me any more concrete info. I'll post when I have more info.

Reaction score
I find the number of variant covers for the upcoming star wars comic to be obnoxious and may have to totally boycott the comic. a few variants are fine but the count is heading into the 25+ variant covers. Disgusting!!!

Reaction score
I find the number of variant covers for the upcoming star wars comic to be obnoxious and may have to totally boycott the comic. a few variants are fine but the count is heading into the 25+ variant covers. Disgusting!!!

While I have no time for variants, I find this attitude strange. Why totally boycott? Just get the 'regular' cover (which I think looks great anyway!) and enjoy.

If Marvel is going to release 50 variants, they should at least print 50 different stories for each one of them.

Um, then it wouldn't be a variant cover, but a completely different comic...

Reaction score
Seeing all those great covers is really making me look forward to the series coming back to Marvel. The last Star Wars OT series by DH was such a letdown.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally, and I believe I am on the minority, here, I really think this is getting out of hand. How many different covers are we seeing right now? 20? 30? Even if you want to break a record, this is getting stupid

Reaction score
I just desperately want the new series to be a FUN adventure again. Star Wars these days takes itself way too seriously. The original Marvel run is still a wonderful read.

I want the writers and artists to be more concerned with "is this an exciting, engaging story" than "are these the right sort of boots for Han Solo to be wearing at this time of his life?".

Reaction score
Personally, and I believe I am on the minority, here, I really think this is getting out of hand. How many different covers are we seeing right now? 20? 30? Even if you want to break a record, this is getting stupid

Very true . But sadly collectors will buy anything. Just look at companies like GG that where created on that thought. 75 covers will make collectors go crazy just so they can have a large group shot. Wait a couple of years and buy them all for a few bucks .

-James

Reaction score
75 covers will make them go broke and turn off long time fans from buying them.

Reaction score
Ken Haeser is a great artist. He is on facebook and love his work. does great commissions as well..just as a sidebar seeing his work on the issues

_james

Reaction score
Also all these variants are just really incentives for shops to up there orders on the first issue. Most shops hope to make there money back by selling just one of the 1:500 covers. But remember that you only have to by the regular cover or the covers you like. Yes it's out of hand but really how many collectors are going to get the whole set? If it were me I'd wait a year and get some of these covers when the heat is off them and you can score some for more reasonable prices.

Me personally I think there's maybe 4 or 5 of these covers I'd get as I'd rather have just a good comic. Since Marvel is putting some of there great talent on these books I can't wait for Jan.14th to come so we can begin yet another great era of Star Wars comics.

Reaction score
There are around 50 different covers right now out there. I still believe Marvel is getting out of hand with this. They are pissing off collectors and fans alike. I have always liked to collect the different covers, though I am now trying to sell some of them, but this time I can't even bare the amount of money some people will need to collect all of them. I am stilla absolutely astonished by their planning for this first release.

Reaction score
50, Try 74+. It's so ludicrous now I might have to make a set, including the $1700 variant. :)

There are around 50 different covers right now out there. I still believe Marvel is getting out of hand with this. They are pissing off collectors and fans alike. I have always liked to collect the different covers, though I am now trying to sell some of them, but this time I can't even bare the amount of money some people will need to collect all of them. I am stilla absolutely astonished by their planning for this first release.

Reaction score
At this rate there are going to be more actual variant editions than regular editions.

Reaction score
Just hit 60 different covers.

All The Star Wars #1 Variant Covers We Can Find In One Place - 60 So Far, 58 Pictured - Including Stan Sakai - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

Anyone want to guess the % fall off from issue 1 to issue 2? Issue 1 already has over a million copies ordered thru Diamond. My guess is at least 90%.

Corman

Probably 90-95 percent from a million is realistic. It'll be around the SW Dark Horse numbers soon. Probably even less if long timers don't stick around with that $4.99 regular cover price.