Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Reaction score
Re: Star Trek XI titanium or Micro Machine sized s

found the Klingon BoP today at target...what a great ship!

Reaction score

This is really an excellent line. I'm looking forward to picking up the new 1701, if I can find one.

Reaction score

I'm really hoping to see Voyager and Excelsior...

Reaction score

If the Excelsior is a go, that could mean Enterprise-B would be an easy make.

Reaction score

I would be soooooo all over an Excelsior!!!

I really hope Hot Wheels deliver on this line, in terms of variety of ships...

Reaction score

Just got the BoP in the mail today after searching unsuccessfully for it in the stores around here. I echo the thoughts above, it's really a good model and casting. The wing placing is kind of strange, what with three set points of down, straight across, and all the way up in a V-shape but after a little fiddling you can get it to say in the only slightly more elevated than horizontal that we see so frequently in the Next Gen episodes. I'd say it's the best crafting that we have had of the ship to date.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

Today I picked up a Refit Enterprise! Upon opening, I discovered that the neck was really loose in it's attachment to the secondary hull - the primary saucer lolled around like it was drunk! I glued the plastic down, and now the neck is structurally sound, and doesn't move at all - infact, it now looks more in line to the proportions of the rest of the ship.

Sometimes, a little customizing/re-gluing goes along way...

Reaction score

I'm hoping this line keeps going. They seem to sell rather well. I've yet to see the BOP or pick up the Reliant, but I have both Enterprises, and I really dig them. I'd pretty much be excited to see any other ships in the line. It'd be especially cool if we got all the revisions of the Enterprise. If they do the Excelsior, I'm sure we'll get a 1701-B repaint.

Reaction score

Not exactly a repaint, the Enterprise-B as you know has the modified engineering hull and impulse units plus the added Bussard collectors on the nacelles. I don't expect Mattel to pull a stunt like Playmates Toys did with their USS Excelsior issue.

Along the same line, I don't think it wouldn't be a stretch for Mattel to do the series finale Enteprise-D.

Mattel is on tap to do the USS Saratoga which frankly is just a cropped version of the Reliant with the added sensors on the sides. I'd like to see more unique vessels issued such as the Defiant, Voyager, Klingon Attack Cruiser, Romulan Warbird, and Stargazer.

Reaction score

The one with the 3 nacelles? That'd be cool. I really would like an Enterprise E too. I mean, hell, I'd like to see the line go on for awhile. Since the releases have been coming pretty slow, I'm not sure we ever will.

Reaction score

I gotta say the Furuta line is pretty nice in terms of detail and size, as well as the Johnny Lightning, but the current prices for most of them are way higher than these Hot Wheels releases.

PLUS it is nice to see some with the METAL in them. Do any of you remember the older Playmates Die-Cast 1701-D?? THAT one was SOLID.

As for other ships they could keep going with, many have been mentioned, but not necessarily in list form. Here goes:

The Original Series Enterprise
Enterprise NX-01
Klingon D7
Klingon Vort'cha
Enterprise B
Enterprise C
Enterprise D "All Good Things" version
Enterprise E
Stargazer
Defiant
Voyager
Steamrunner-class
Akira-class
USS Kelvin (from ST XI!!)

Actually,

here is a good site for some pre-XI ships...

Reaction score

I was looking at the Furuta ships on eBay. How do they stack up scale wise to the Mattel ones? They look close.

Reaction score

Here are some pictures of the Johnny Lightning Reliant and the new Hot Wheels Reliant. I just bought my first two Johnny Lightinings last week, this one and the Klingon Battle Cruiser. They are really nice I hope to get more but I'll have to pay for it, some of these aren't cheap. Anyways this might be helpful to some of you on scale and on the detail of the different ships.

The size is a big difference but the main difference to me is the weight. The Hot Wheels Reliant is relatively heavy being mostly made of metal and the Johnny Lightning version is all plastic and very light. On a side note the Hot wheels stands are plastic with metal ships and the Johhny Lighnings are the opposite being metal stands with plastic ships.

Here is a picture of the two Reliants and the Johhny Lighting Klingon Battle Cruiser.

Reaction score

I remember seeing a lot of those on close out at KayBee years ago, and I was tempted, but ignored them. D'oh.

Reaction score

I thought the Star Trek X Enterprise was supposed to be released this month. Nothing on eBay, even from overseas sellers! Mattel missed the boat with this. They should have released this and the Narada in Wave 1. I know this subject has been beaten to death, but the other ships are not selling!

Reaction score

Apparently they did show off some of the new Hot Wheels models at SDCC. I grabbed these images from off SirSteve's Star Trek Ship discussion, which as you can see took them from Acitonfigs.com. It hopefully will give people an idea of what to look for in the coming months.

Reaction score

Awesome find darthMagnus!

I wondered if they were going to show these ships, I even looked for some pictures for awhile and gave up. Both of them look great especially the Enterprise. I'm sure the painted version of the other will also look great.

Thanks again for the pictures.

Reaction score

Hallmark is making an ornament of the new movie Enterprise for 2010. I can't wait that long. I'm getting the Hot Wheels version. Should be out soon!

Reaction score

Sweet. I wish they showed more though. I picked up the Reliant and Bird of Prey finally. There's also an SDCC exclusive version of the Refit. Battle Damaged I believe.

Reaction score

aackbar01 said:
Do any of you remember the older Playmates Die-Cast 1701-D?? THAT one was SOLID.
Do I! I still have a vivid memory of getting a head lump when my toddler threw just the saucer section at me one time.

Oh, and an even fonder memory of getting that for just $5 at the time.

Reaction score

Heh, yep I still actually have mine. But the paint job looks a bit like it had a nasty run in with a Romulan task force. Nearly all the paint is gone on the tops of the nacells.

Reaction score

Here are some more photos from Comic-Con:

2009 Enterprise

Narada

Battle Damaged Versions:

Enterprise

Bird of Prey

Reliant

Reaction score

So I noticed the other day that Hot Wheels has taken their star trek page down off their main website. I have a sinking feeling that this means the line is about over. Not that this is too surprising. We have repeatedly mentioned that it seems to have been handled by a bunch of retarded monkeys. The writing has been on the wall for a while I think. Everyone should snap up anything left and hope that we actually do see the new Enterprise and Narada before the hammer falls.

Reaction score

darthMagnus said:
So I noticed the other day that Hot Wheels has taken their star trek page down off their main website. I have a sinking feeling that this means the line is about over. Not that this is too surprising. We have repeatedly mentioned that it seems to have been handled by a bunch of retarded monkeys. The writing has been on the wall for a while I think. Everyone should snap up anything left and hope that we actually do see the new Enterprise and Narada before the hammer falls.
darthMagnus I love your retarded monkeys comment!
I can't think of a better way to describe the way they handled the line up to this point. We still haven't seen the new Enterprise! They will probably have it and the Narada out just in time for the 1-year anniversary of the release of the film (OK I might be exaggerating a bit).

Has anyone else seen this Comic Con exclusive? It is described as the Star Trek USS Enterprise in Spacedock 2009 SDCC Exclusive. It seems to have a different paint job from the release out now. I ran into it on ebay and have contemplated throwing out $40 or $50 for it.

It actually looks really nice to me. I posted the second photo, which is a picture of the release we now have, to help compare the two. Besides the added dark areas on the saucer section it looks like the nacelles are a darker color than the blue in the original, or maybe it could just be the photo.

If anybody has this or has seen it could you describe the differences from the original release?

Reaction score

It's almost an insult to retarded monkeys!

I didn't know that Mattel had pulled the Trek ships off its site... but they didn't show much at SDCC so I guess the writing's on the wall.

The SDCC Refit is kinda interesting as a collectible but I wasn't too impressed, to be honest. Aside from the wonkily tilted saucer section issue, they've applied stickers to the hull to make it look like it's under construction (in drydock, of course) but I thought the stickers were kinda meh. You can find closeups here:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/mattels-sdcc-09-hot-wheels-exclusives-star-trek-and-the-dark-knight

I thought the drydock packaging was a great idea. I still haven't decided whether I'm gonna pick up any of the HWs... I think there's better ones already out there.

I don't think it's worth $50 but then again, that's just me.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score

I forgot about that SDCC exclusive. I don't know if I'd pay $50 for it but I wouldn't mind adding it to the collection. It's a cool piece.

At this point I'm not holding out much hope for new Hot Wheels versions of the ST ships. I would have picked up the new ST Enterprise as well as any more classic ships from the Romulans or Cardassians, Enterprise models, Voyager, etc. I would have especially liked to have seen a scaled version of DS9.

E...

Reaction score

OK, by request, here's some Trek comparison shots from my HD:

Here's the Hallmark ships:

Next, the NX Enterprise:

The JL NX Columbia sold for $138 a few days ago. Sigh.

Next, the TOS Enterprise (+ the Defiant & Excalibur):

Next, the Enterprise XI: All I've found so far is the keychain... it's next to an MM. When I win the lottery, I'll pick up that QMX Enterprise (last pic)

Next, the Enterprise Refit and Enterprise A:

And lastly, the Enterprise B (and Excelsior):

I can post pics more of other types of ships, if you guys are interested. Lemme know. I have more ships that aren't in the pics, but these are the nicest ones, IMO.

Oh yeah:

FU= Furuta
FT= F-Toys
JL= Johnny Lightning
KN= Konami
ER= Ertl
AP= Applause
HM= Hallmark
RM= Romando
MM= MicroMachine

Enjoy! Hope they're helpful...

Reaction score

Whew, what a response!
Glad I bothered.

Well anyhoo
, a quick head's up: Playmates have announced that they're doing the Narada, Kelvin, and new Enterprise (a.k.a. The Karaoke Cruiser Edselprise) as "mini" ships... possibly as part of a collection of Trek ships. Thanks to Blue at SSG.

Rumour has it that they think they'll be 3 1/2" long (JL size) but we don't have any more info about this line yet. Will advise, if I hear more.

BTW, it looks like the Hot Wheels new Enterprise is shipping in November (again)... I'll believe it when I see it.

Reaction score

Sorry for not responding on this one DD. I appreciated the post very much because I am now working a Star Trek collection of ships and your pictures are a huge resource. I actually downloaded them to my computer for reference. There are bunch of them out there I don't have and may never have because some of them are quite pricey.

That is awesome about Playmates announcement about the Narada, Kelvin, and new Enterprise. I picked up the big Playmates new Enterprise a week ago on clearance at Target for just under $20. It is really cool, lots of lights and sounds. My kids are nuts for it, its very playable. I may have to pick up another one for me since they won't leave mine alone
. The normal price was around $30 so I never bought it but I read the reviews on Amazon and most everyone really like it. I'll have to post some pictures for size comparison.

Again thanks for the awesome pictures DD, those are a definiate great resource!

Reaction score

No worries, DM! OK then I'll post the rest for you... hope they're useful as some sort of reference, for you at least! This is the first time I've put 'em together and into some semblance of order.

So next up, it's the Enterprise D and Yamato:

Future Enterprise D:

Enterprise E:

The Defiant:

The Reliant and Majestic:

The Voyager:

Shuttles:

The Borg (and the Farragut) :

DS9:

Klingons!

Romulans, oh my!

A few aliens:

The Enterprise Z:

These are most of the ships that have had multiple versions done in this scale so far. Questions and/or comments always welcome.

Reaction score

WoW! That is one nice collection! Collecting these should keep me busy for awhile
I have a ways to go for sure. I think I'l start by collecting at least one of each type of ship unless I can find some groups for a good deal.

Have you collected all the Hot Wheels ships? You mentioned that you now have the Comic Con exclusive. I didn't notice any of the other Hot Wheels versions in the pictures. Maybe bacause they are bigger.

Do you think the Comic Con was worth it now that you have it? I'm still contemplating purchasing that one.

Also I noticed that some of the new Hot Wheels wave 3 ships are up for sell on ebay. There are 3 battle damaged ships and an Enterprise A refit. I wonder if that one is different from the mislabeled refit that has been out for awhile?

One last question since I'm full of them today
, if you were to choose one line of Trek ships to collect which one would you choose or which one is the best to focus on?

Thanks for posting all those pictures DD. A truly awesome collection and a great reference for me now!

Reaction score

Very cool collection DD. That is quite a spread. I'm really liking all the hallmark ones. It's kind of sad that they have done a better spread of ships than anyone save for Furuta. Now if they would just put out a 4th set...since the last was quite mediocre.
Is anyone actually going to get the newer HW models now that Playmates is putting out ones from the new movie?

Reaction score

Darth_Morpheus said:
Have you collected all the Hot Wheels ships? You mentioned that you now have the Comic Con exclusive. I didn't notice any of the other Hot Wheels versions in the pictures. Maybe because they are bigger.
Nope, that's the only one I've gotten so far. I was underwhelmed.

Here it is:

Darth_Morpheus said:
Do you think the Comic Con was worth it now that you have it? I'm still contemplating purchasing that one.
I like the drydock case and the idea of showing the ship under refit, but it's not very well executed, really. Much less accurate and detailed than many of the others. The wonky angle of the saucer is hard to miss, too! I display it with the drydock shell closed so it actually looks pretty cool in there. But still, I was thinking of putting a blinking Hallmark Enterprise into the drydock instead... that would look even better.

So I can't really recommend it but I still kinda like it for some reason... and for under $30, it is a unique item. So.... I'm gonna keep it.

Darth_Morpheus said:
Also I noticed that some of the new Hot Wheels wave 3 ships are up for sell on ebay. There are 3 battle damaged ships and an Enterprise A refit. I wonder if that one is different from the mislabeled refit that has been out for awhile?
I don't think so... same QC issues with the ship, from the pics I've seen. The box might be fixed, though!

Darth_Morpheus said:
One last question since I'm full of them today
, if you were to choose one line of Trek ships to collect which one would you choose or which one is the best to focus on?
I really like the smaller ships (JL, Furuta scale) best but I recognize how insanely prices have spiked recently... luckily, most of my ships were $4 each when I got 'em.
Trying to avoid the pricey ones, I'd grab the F-Toys set first... cheap, really nice, sharp sculpts! You'll have to grab a Furuta Enterprise C, cuz that's your only option. And you'll have to decide on an Enterprise E... there are some fun choices ahead!

Darth_Morpheus said:
Thanks for posting all those pictures DD.
No worries!

darthMagnus said:
I'm really liking all the hallmark ones. It's kind of sad that they have done a better spread of ships than anyone save for Furuta. Now if they would just put out a 4th set...since the last was quite mediocre.
The Hallmarks are really nice... they got me into ship collecting in the first place!

Agreed, the Furuta sets are totally necessary if you want some frickin' variety in your Fleet. I'd love a 4th Furuta set but it's been a long time since Volume 3. Doesn't look good. I'm hoping for more from F-Toys and Konami... they're most recent.

I'm stoked about Playmates' minis. I hope they get back to us with more info.

darthMagnus said:
Is anyone actually going to get the newer HW models now that Playmates is putting out ones from the new movie?
I'll grab the Enterprise XI and the Saratoga, if they ever come out. Maybe the Bounty, if the paint improves. How about you guys?

Reaction score

I'm tempted to swear off the HW since playmates is going to put out both the Enterprise XI and the Narada. That's all I was planning on getting in HW anyway. If the 3" size approximation is accurate I'd definately stick with Playmates.
Of course having said that I just bought another KBoP from HW. Now I can have one normal and glue the wings of the other in the correct middle form like we see in series.

Reaction score

I wonder if we'll see the HW Narada... it was still an "unapproved prototype" at SDCC. If the planets align right and it's released, I'll probably grab one, too.

What's the problem with the HW KBoP? Is it that the wings won't stay in the middle "level" position? I've thought about buying it simply because it'll fly with the wings "up". Anybody seen the "Bounty" repaint yet?

Reaction score

The problem is that they use a notch system to lock the wing into place in three different positions. The first is the regular "attack" position with wings down a la STIII.
The second is with the wings completely straight or 0 degrees horizonally across, which if I remember we see in STIII and IV when the ship goes into warp. And the third is hiked up in a V form(maybe around 50 degrees) like we see when the ship lands on Vulcan in STIII. The issue was that I wanted mine with the wings slightly up at maybe 25 degrees like we see in NG, & DS9.
If you want I can take some pics to show the differences. It might help your decision to buy.

Reaction score

Man, after looking at these pics, one thing is clear: that 2009 JJ-prise is a horrible ship. Just fugly.

Reaction score

darthMagnus said:
If you want I can take some pics to show the differences. It might help your decision to buy.
That would be awesome!

Rumoured bad news...

Playmates may have decided to discontinue the Star Trek brand.

What's annoying is that they've just put out a press release about the mini ships 3 days ago! That sucks! Looks like they may dead in the water.

Well, at least they didn't get our hopes up for long.