Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Reaction score
Re: Star Trek XI titanium or Micro Machine sized s

I love this scale, to be frank. It doesn't seem as big and cumbersome as Hasbro's ultra Titaniums, but the detail work is great on them and I absolutely LOVE the ball jointed stands. Oh, man, if Titanium were in this scale... (And considering they're up to $8 at some places, the price is even close!
)

Now if only I could get the new BSG ships in this scale. *sighs* My Basestar...

Reaction score

Well, I just saw the movie and I thought it was great. There isn't anyway to say any of what I want without spoiling it so I guess I will just sit tight till it's ok to talk... ugh.. is it time yet? ugh..... oh well....

There was only one thing I didnt quite get about it but I guess I cant ask or say that either... ugh...

Reaction score

Finally saw them today in Walmart. Not too bad. The Enterprise D even looks very similar--and is about the same size--as the old diecast Galoob TNG version that was released in the late 80s.

Reaction score

darthMagnus, do you recall what the price was for these ships?

Reaction score

I totally agree with you Athenor would love BSG in this scale and almost think it would be right vs the TS Battlestars. I've now got Reliant, A and the D can't wait for the Bird of Prey and the new 1701. Does anyone know what other ships they plan on releasing? SpiritYoda PM me any questions/thoughts would like to know what you are talking about just saw it myself.

Reaction score

I hope wave 1 sells out at retailers so they get wave 2 and beyond. I want that 2009 Enterprise, Narada, and Romulan Bird of Prey.

I hope that F-Toys is working on replicas of the 2009 movie vehicles. Here's a list of the possibilities. LMK if I missed anything.

USS Enterprise
USS Enterprise (construction edition)
USS Kelvin
USS Kelvin (battle-damaged)
Other Federation starships?
Spock's ship (Jellyfish?)
Narada
Federation Space Station (don't know the name)
Federation Shuttle
Kirk's Hover Bike

Reaction score

Man, I wish I could've found them at Wally-world. I got two at Target for $12.99 and one at TRU for $14.99.

Reaction score

"I hope wave 1 sells out at retailers so they get wave 2 and beyond. I want that 2009 Enterprise, Narada, and Romulan Bird of Prey."

I was thinking of this yesterday. What is going on at Hot Wheels that convinced them the best way to capitalize on the new movie is to release 3 ships in the first wave that have nothing to do with the new movie and have been done already by multiple manufactures? Do they want to kill the line before it even starts? Wouldn't you think that they would put out the new enterprise, romulan ship, and then maybe like the enterprise-A, or D?

Reaction score

Agreed, the first three should have been the 2009 USS Enterprise (wave 2 in June), USS Kelvin, Spock's Rumulan ship or Niro's ship (if possible, it's quite complicated). I'm not pissed about Reliant, Ent.A or Ent.D but those would have been better in wave 2 or 3. Also looks like a BUNCH of battle damaged repaints are on the way for nearly every ship. Hopefully, they are wise and only have 1 repaint a wave. I'd like to see a full set actually make it to the shelves. I need a Romulan Warbird, Enterprise E and Shinzon's ship, to say the least.

PS - finally saw this movie today - totally awesome. Going to see it again in Imax this week.

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
PS - finally saw this movie today - totally awesome. Going to see it again in Imax this week.
I loved it, too. Such a great flick!

If I was President of Mattel, I'd be firing the [censored] who didn't put the new Ent in the first wave. Think of all the advertising muscle they abandoned.

Apparently, it'll be out in Wave 1.5, but all I've seen are the repaints. I might pick up the USS Saratoga....

Reaction score

Where did you see see this repaint info cause I would like to knwo what else will be coming down the line.

Reaction score

I'm looking forward to getting the new enterprise, narada, and the Bounty as long as the wings are up. You'd think that someone by now would have put out a BoP with moving wings--save for the nearly impossible to find MicroMachine version.

Reaction score

darthMagnus said:
You'd think that someone by now would have put out a BoP with moving wings--save for the nearly impossible to find MicroMachine version.
There is an AF-size version that has moveable wings: the Playmates Strike Force BoP.

I have the MM BoPs but none have moveable wings. Perhaps you're confusing them with something else?

Reaction score

Nope, he's quite correct. The HMS Bounty Bird-of-Prey in the Micro Machines line does indeed have movable wings. It's pretty awesome, I'm glad I have one

Reaction score

That's news to me, DWau. There's hinges on that one? I have 2 MM BoPs and one is even painted Bounty colors but neither have moving wings. I even checked to make sure.
Learn something new every day.

Reaction score

Yeah the Bounty is a very rare ship, can't remember what pack she came in. The Bounty-coloured ones you're talking about do indeed have fixed wings, they're from the 'Generations' pack with the Ent-B and Ent-D with detachable saucer.

Reaction score

Yes the HMS Bounty came out in the MM set XI along with the USS Farragut and a Federation shuttle. I think I saw it once but it was in one of the later sets as the line was being phased out. The really annoying thing was that it wasn't re-released in either the second collection set, in which the Farragut appeared, or in the even harder to find third collection set.

Reaction score

I picked these up over the weekend. Two I found at Target and the other two I found at Wal-Mart. The price was $1 dollar better at Wal-Mart. These are my first Star Trek ships so this is a new area for me though I have always been a Star Trek fan, a much longer time than I have been a Star Wars fan.

The ships are pretty nice. I mix a metal and plastic for each one. The display stands are also nicely done. There is a ball on the top of the stand that allows the ships to be displayed at a number of different angles.

I plan on posting pictures of each ship in closer views of the next several days for those who would like to see them closer.

Reaction score

^^^ Thanks for sharing those pics!

Those look awesome! Great to see the other ships (as I already have the Ent-D).

Thanks so much Darth_Morpheus!!!

Reaction score

Excellent pics Darth Morpheus! I was thinking of getting these ships to add to my collection. However, I was not sure of it`s scale was comparable to the SW Titanium line. Would you be so kind as to post a pic of these ships beside a 4" SW vehicle? Thank you so much.

Reaction score

I found the Klingon Bird of Prey as well. Nice that the wings open. I thought for sure the 2009 Enterprise would have been added to this assortment. I think this one will be added in the July assortment.

Reaction score

I've picked up these first 4 as well. They are a nice mix of metal and plastic. I'm really happy with the Bird of Prey, which is probably a lot of people's favorite ship...the movable wings are a key feature.

Hopefully this will continue and we'll see a USS Kelvin, Excelsior, Kligon D7 and other TNG ships!

Now if this was the scale and style used for SW ships I would be very happy. Maybe Hot Wheels could take over the Titanium line!!

Reaction score

aackbar01 said:
Maybe Hot Wheels could take over the Titanium line!!
I for one am sorry to say that I'm not a huge supporter of HW taking over this franchise. Again, I have to express my disappointment on the lack of paint detail and manufacturing, particular the crooked alignment of the movie Enterprise nacelles and saucer. Plus, key areas which are not painted, particular the blue impulse deflection crystal on top of the impulse engine, Reliant's torpedo pod and most noticeably the reaction control jets on the rim of the Enterprise and Reliant.

Reaction score

Noted. I agree that IF HW took over Titanium, they should definitely have a higher metal-to-plastic ratio and Hasbro TS paint standards.

I mostly said that because of the scale...

Reaction score

Here are some closer pictures of the Enterprise D.

This ship is awesome! The saucer seperates from the rest of the ship and the detail is nice. My complaint is the saucer is all plastic though the engine section is fairly heavy. Overall though it is nice.

Reaction score

Darth_titanium said:
Excellent pics Darth Morpheus! I was thinking of getting these ships to add to my collection. However, I was not sure of it`s scale was comparable to the SW Titanium line. Would you be so kind as to post a pic of these ships beside a 4" SW vehicle? Thank you so much.
I will take some pictures in the next few days and post them. Hopefully that will be helpful. Glad to help!

Reaction score

I just found a BoP and I gotta say I am very happy with it. I also have a Playmates BoP and it was pretty crappy...this one is FAR superior!!

I really hope Mattel goes into other ships, maybe an original series Enterprise, Excelsior, All Good Things Enterprise, Mirror, Mirror Enterprise, Grissom, Voyager, etc...keep em coming!

Reaction score

I dont collect ST ships anymore, eventhough I still have a bunch of old micro machines. The ships that most remind me of something in the titanium scale are the Furuta ST ships - great sculpts, and each come with a stand. They are all plastic, but probably the best thing out there - I used to own a few but traded them off a few years ago.

When it comes to a new license taking over where the Titanium line will soon end, I'd be happy to see a company like HW with a line of SW ships around the same size as their cars. I'd love to be able to walk into a store and sift through pegs of SW vehicles - of course they wont be $1 like HW cars, but even at double or triple the price, I'd fleet build...

Reaction score

Here is a set of photos of the Klingon Bird of Prey.

This ship is very playable because the wings have three positions in which they can be set (each of the above photos is in a different position). Also the detail on the ship is nicely done.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
When it comes to a new license taking over where the Titanium line will soon end, I'd be happy to see a company like HW with a line of SW ships around the same size as their cars. I'd love to be able to walk into a store and sift through pegs of SW vehicles - of course they wont be $1 like HW cars, but even at double or triple the price, I'd fleet build...
I definitely agree! I have a feeling that Hot Wheels could produce these ships for a lot less than Hasbro. I think packaging would make a big differnece because Hasbro must spend a large percentage of the production cost in that complicated packaging. Hot Wheels knows how to do it simple and keep the price down. The one big question mark though is the liscence fees to Lucas. That might actually be very expensive and one of the main reasons the price is so high. I think with Hot Wheels though we might see a larger variety of ships at a cheaper price and they would probably be released at a faster rate.

Reaction score

Here is another set of photos, this time of the Reliant.

To me this ship seems a bit smaller than the others but maybe it is just the design of the ship that makes it seem that way. It it relatively heavy compared to the other ships. It is mostly metal with no moving features. A very nice ship overall.

Reaction score

Sure thing saddestmoon! Here are the photos of the Refit Enterprise.

This one is also a very nice ship. Again a mix of metal and plastic but no moving features on this one.

I bought this one at Target and I found another at Wal-Mart. The Target one was labeled NCC-1701 REFIT while the one at Wal-Mart was just NCC-1701. I bought both and compared them side to side. The ships themselves were exactly the same, the only difference was the box. The front and back of the box both said REFIT but everything was exactly the same. I took the normal one back and just kept the REFIT one (see picture below).

Reaction score

Darth_titanium said:
As I promised earlier, here are some comparison pictures of a Titanium next to the Star Trek ships.

The Star Trek ships are a bit bigger than the Titanium espeacially the Enterprise D. Relaint seems a bit smaller than the rest.

Hopefully that is some help about the scaling between the two lines.

Reaction score

Thank you so much Darth_Morpheus for posting these comparison pics. It`s a great help determining if I should collect this line.

Reaction score

I would if I were you! I am! It's pretty nice to have some more up-to-date Star Trek items...

Reaction score

Darth_Morpheus said:
Sure thing saddestmoon! Here are the photos of the Refit Enterprise.

This one is also a very nice ship. Again a mix of metal and plastic but no moving features on this one.

I bought this one at Target and I found another at Wal-Mart. The Target one was labeled NCC-1701 REFIT while the one at Wal-Mart was just NCC-1701. I bought both and compared them side to side. The ships themselves were exactly the same, the only difference was the box. The front and back of the box both said REFIT but everything was exactly the same. I took the normal one back and just kept the REFIT one (see picture below).

Awesome! Thanks so much for posting shots of this!

I'm definately picking this one up - yours are some of the best photos I've seen of this line!

Thanks!