Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Reaction score
Two questions regarding the Eaglemoss convention exclusive cloaked USS Defiant:
1. Were these up for sale for a short time on the Eaglemoss websites (US and international) after the conventions but sold out?
2. Does the included magazine have all-new material or is it a collection of previous material from the other Defiant magazine with cloaking section from another (possibly KBOP) manual?

I guess I want one of these to complete my Starships collection, but wondering if I should wait or if I should pay the extra cash and buy it now. Definitely not paying the $150 on eBay. Anyone have an extra for sale at a decent price?
Couldn't edit or delete my post above. I just bought one from an overseas seller in UK for a good price. Not sure why, but US sellers are asking almost $150 US dollars, while UK sellers are asking less than half that.

Reaction score
Did any of you guys know Eaglemoss was planning to be selling these on their site a few weeks ago? Can I please ask a favor? If there is valuable news like that, please share it with fellow collectors here. I hesitated for a while buying one on eBay, and if I known they were going to be sold on the Eaglemoss sites, I would have waited and saved some money. Thanks!

Reaction score
Here's the US link: https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek-starships/uss-defiant-nx-74205-cloaked?utm_source=RedEye&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=USA_SHOP_NOV19_CloakedDefiant&utm_content=USA_SHOP_NOV19_CloakedD_VIP&fbclid=IwAR18j5jqbzKX6Ok7lDibEy68bnexW-cwGxdJ5D0Ichghe9adp5ndrOUDDe4

Hope you didn't get hosed too bad, Boss. EM never said that they'd be flogging them at their shops but seeing as how they've sold the other con exclusives there (very, very few USS Glenns, though), kinda figured it'd continue. Whatever doesn't sell at the cons goes up for sale at the shops a few weeks later, and this just went up in the US shop yesterday.

Reaction score
Here's the US link: https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek-starships/uss-defiant-nx-74205-cloaked?utm_source=RedEye&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=USA_SHOP_NOV19_CloakedDefiant&utm_content=USA_SHOP_NOV19_CloakedD_VIP&fbclid=IwAR18j5jqbzKX6Ok7lDibEy68bnexW-cwGxdJ5D0Ichghe9adp5ndrOUDDe4

Hope you didn't get hosed too bad, Boss. EM never said that they'd be flogging them at their shops but seeing as how they've sold the other con exclusives there (very, very few USS Glenns, though), kinda figured it'd continue. Whatever doesn't sell at the cons goes up for sale at the shops a few weeks later, and this just went up in the US shop yesterday.
I spent about 25 dollars more buying one from a seller in the UK. So I guess I didn't spend too much more out of pocket. I think I remember the USS Glenn selling out very quickly so I assumed that would have happened again with the Defiant and never bothered to consider it.

Reaction score
Finished at 180. I had to sit down at the news. The end is near. Ugh. I know how lucky we are to have gotten what we did, but so many remaining hopes and dreams are dashed.

I'll never behold a DeAgostini-style TNG screen-accurate Borg Cube? No XL Stargazer? No TOS Miranda? No Saladin/Hermes/Ptolemy classes? No...well, Trieste? Is this what it feels like to be told your sperm count is low? (Not that I have that problem, of course...)

In all seriousness, I love what we have, I do, but it's depressing news to know there will be no more bundles of joy on the horizon.

Reaction score
Finished at 180. I had to sit down at the news. The end is near. Ugh. I know how lucky we are to have gotten what we did, but so many remaining hopes and dreams are dashed.

I'll never behold a DeAgostini-style TNG screen-accurate Borg Cube? No XL Stargazer? No TOS Miranda? No Saladin/Hermes/Ptolemy classes? No...well, Trieste? Is this what it feels like to be told your sperm count is low? (Not that I have that problem, of course...)

In all seriousness, I love what we have, I do, but it's depressing news to know there will be no more bundles of joy on the horizon.
You do understand that it is just the numbered subscription that is ending right?

The XL s will continue as long as they sell. Also ships in the same size as the numbered subscription will continue as bonus issues, so not a couple a month, but more likely one a month.

Also there is the Discovery line, a Picard line is coming, as well as a Star Trek Online...line.

So while the numbered subscription is done Eaglemoss is not abandoning their cash cow any time soon.

Reaction score
RG, they haven't actually confirmed 180 is the end of the mainline and left a little wiggle room, but yeah, it seems it's likely STSS will continue as Bonus issues and Specials, maybe more XLs, as SP says. Plus the STO series, Picard, etc. Hope they continue with the smaller scale stuff, and make them all available to Diamond. Btw, Klingon Raider and Disco Shuttle are out at N. American shops next week.
The Borg cube is still in the works: their previous protos were unworkable, apparently. They're still working on the legalities for the Franz Joseph and Planet of Titans ships. Don't think anything much was said about the Frankenfleet recently.

FYI: The US shop has the non-Shadyprise AGT Ent-D up for sale for the first time, albeit a smidge hosey on the price. Fwiw, I think both are worthwhile, the paint's quite distinctively different between 'em.

Reaction score
You do understand that it is just the numbered subscription that is ending right?
Yup.

Not to be a PITA Prime, but my eyes lingered on a few excerpts in that...

The XL s will continue as long as they sell. Also ships in the same size as the numbered subscription will continue as bonus issues, so not a couple a month, but more likely one a month.

Also there is the Discovery line, a Picard line is coming, as well as a Star Trek Online...line.

So while the numbered subscription is done Eaglemoss is not abandoning their cash cow any time soon.
I know, I know, but we both know the backbone of everything was the standard line, and apparently that's no longer profitable. Call me a pessimist if you must, but I'm not reassured by the rest. If anything, I just wish Picard were completely set, at least aesthetically, in the prime TNG canon to keep the door open to some non-re-imagined past designs.

RG, they haven't actually confirmed 180 is the end of the mainline and left a little wiggle room, but yeah, it seems it's likely STSS will continue as Bonus issues and Specials, maybe more XLs, as SP says. Plus the STO series, Picard, etc. Hope they continue with the smaller scale stuff, and make them all available to Diamond. Btw, Klingon Raider and Disco Shuttle are out at N. American shops next week.
The Borg cube is still in the works: their previous protos were unworkable, apparently. They're still working on the legalities for the Franz Joseph and Planet of Titans ships. Don't think anything much was said about the Frankenfleet recently.
Well, wiggle room is nice if a few of those things left on the back burner wiggle through.

I'm fearful on the XLs continuing due to the higher price point, and that some of the meshes and paint apps just didn't justify reacqusition in the larger scale (I do want that Stargazer though).

A forthcoming Borg Cube is on par with DSTs Reliant as virtual folklore now. With the mainline ending, I'm nowhere near as confident on fulfillment of the Cube promise as I was before, and I wasn't laying money on it then. Again, I wasn't asking them to reinvent the wheel there. DeAgostini accomplished it, and licensing the mold, or a near-but-not-quite-patent-infringing knockoff, was all I hoped for from EM. Proto's being unworkable (Can you cite that somewhere? - Would like to read that if I haven't already) sounds like what Ben said about the Narada, and this isn't quite that complex. Incidentally, EM can't do worse than Mattel on that, so they ought to crank a Narada out even if it doesn't hit on all cylinders.

I really had hoped the Firebrand was some sign that the Franz Joseph matter was close to a resolution as it was a derivative design, and was released without complaint (that I know of). As for the rest, if we were to get TOS-R Miranda design Mike Okuda alluded to, or a April Fool's Trieste release, don't you think it would be more likely as regulars or specials within the mainline than latter one-off standard-size specials? I could see a major concept design of a major hero ship having the gravitas to warrant that treatment after the line wraps up, but not otherwise, and that still depresses me...inasmuch as painted (mostly plastic) die-cast model ships can.

Let's see what the new year brings...

Reaction score
I'd really like to see the Sagittarius from the "Vanguard" series (and hell, maybe Vanguard itself? I think the design got used in one of the TOS reimagined episodes?), and yeah the Bombay (TOS Miranda) would be sweet. Any more TOS-era ships are welcome to me, even if they're pseudo-FASA or Franz Joseph designs.

Reaction score
I'd really like to see the Sagittarius from the "Vanguard" series (and hell, maybe Vanguard itself? I think the design got used in one of the TOS reimagined episodes?), and yeah the Bombay (TOS Miranda) would be sweet. Any more TOS-era ships are welcome to me, even if they're pseudo-FASA or Franz Joseph designs.
Yep, I'd still love that Abbe class.

A version of that TOS Miranda while we're at it...

Reaction score
Anyone here want to part with their magazine from the convention exclusive Cloaked Defiant? Or, for anyone who didn't order one yet, they are on the Eaglemoss sites now. If you dont care about the magazine, that's all I'm interested in. Thanks!

Reaction score
Was watching Foley's Planet Killer review video and see he had the Romando battle-damaged Constellation to pair with it. Is there any better pairing?

I never went after most of the Konami or Romando ones as they made the Furuta/F-Toys ones look like studio models, but I wish I grabbed that one up now. Um, if anyone has one extra... ;)

Reaction score
A forthcoming Borg Cube is on par with DSTs Reliant as virtual folklore now. With the mainline ending, I'm nowhere near as confident on fulfillment of the Cube promise as I was before, and I wasn't laying money on it then. Again, I wasn't asking them to reinvent the wheel there. DeAgostini accomplished it, and licensing the mold, or a near-but-not-quite-patent-infringing knockoff, was all I hoped for from EM. Proto's being unworkable (Can you cite that somewhere? - Would like to read that if I haven't already) sounds like what Ben said about the Narada, and this isn't quite that complex. Incidentally, EM can't do worse than Mattel on that, so they ought to crank a Narada out even if it doesn't hit on all cylinders.

Was watching Foley's Planet Killer review video and see he had the Romando battle-damaged Constellation to pair with it. Is there any better pairing?
Ben goes into detail about the Borg cube proto on Irishtrekkie's most recent interview with him on YT; I think he said the proto was too large and heavy, and possibly wouldn't survive shipping, IIRC. Sounded like he had his own plans for how he wants to do it (hollow sections, etc.), but then again, he's said that for 4 years, inny. But I haven't abandoned all hope (and I've got a DA cube), I think they'll do one. They've done almost everything else, haven't they. I think Ben also said they did a Narada proto but it was too fragile when they tested it for shipping, fell apart. Same thing happened recently with a cloaked KBoP proto recently.

The Romando was the only legit option for eons (I've got one and believe me, it's nothing to write home about) but there's a better Wizkids one in the Borg set that just came out: :)

Ben's just posted the T'Plana-Hath model, looks supercool, if bigly yuge.
View media item 395456

Reaction score
Correction (and we still can't edit our posts?) : the Constellation appears to be from another set that's already out, I didn't read the small print. ;)