Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Reaction score
Baffled as to why the Son'a command ship (and I think the Karemma ship?) are specials rather than regular issues, but very pleasing announcements!

Reaction score
Wow, there's so much cool stuff coming. Beautful minis there from EM!

This image of the Hiawatha model gives us our best look at that ship, barely glimpsed in the series. She looks pretty cool to me.

I'm pleased the Son'a are finally getting their due. It is indeed strange that many of these are coming as specials. Ben Robinson had made a comment about the line continuing with specials even when/if the main subscription line comes to an end. I don't wish to incite panic, but is this an indication of that about to happen, perhaps, or have we been reassured otherwise? Or perhaps it is simply that there aren't enough attractive Starfleet releases to spread these amongst in the main line, so they've ended up as specials for lack of a better release format?

Has anyone heard anything about how ships from Picard or Lower Decks might be handled? I would assume that Picard craft might either get their own line or be filtered into the Disco series, helping extend that line between seasons, plus of course one-off specials. Disco season 3 seems like a long way off, so I could see there being a case to make to intersperse Picard ships, perhaps jumping back and forth with alternating issues, though I imagine that shared numbering might infuriate some collectors.

So let's talk Disco ships and what's still to be made. They've done a really good job of issuing models of so many of the series' ships. They've blasted through pretty much all of the Binar Stars Federation fleet, now. So what else is left to be made or announced?

As far as Starfleet goes, there were the tugs towing the beleaguered Enterprise early in Season 2, and in the Short Treks episode 'The Escape Artist' we saw a Hoover class USS De Milo that seemed to be a little bit different to the Edison. It might have just been lighting differences (certainly colour), but it almost looked like the De Milo had a split ringed saucer more like the Discovery. I may be wrong. Is it different enough to get its own EM issue?

I would also hope that they might do a special issue of the proto Discovery seen in the preview clip that aired at SDCC before the series launched. It's part of Trek history.

I haven't been paying close enough attention, but are there multiple shuttle designs beyond the Type C?

Section 31 has a few design variants beyond the one that has been announced. Again, are they too similar to warrant each getting its own release? What do you guys think?

They've hit lots of Klingon ships. Though there are still MANY to go, it is fair to say that a lot of the remaining designs are incredibly similar or less attractive. Will they all get models, eventually? I can see them slowing down on the Klingon releases as we move past the more memorable ones. Of course we must have the D7! I can't imagine that is far away. :)

In terms of alien craft, there are the Control-squidy-future-probes-things and Ba'ul ships, bit I can't recall much else.

What have I forgotten?

Reaction score
Thank you DD for your benificence inposting those pics. Crikey, I'm losing track of which are regular subs, bonuses, specials Disco etc I shall just wait to see what pops up on the shop or arrives in the post.I feel the reg subs are coming to an end but I'm happy to go into the next phase. My time as a completist is coming to an end

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a bit peeved that the Warp Sled and Son'a Flagship (not Karemma) are humongous... but crikey, wot a buffet. :)

Haven't heard anything about EM's Picard ships, only that the original designs were only finalised very recently. Great Qs, Rev.

Gotta run but FYI: I just updated the MA pages with hi rez shots of all of these ships, courtesy of Mike Curran, plus that pesky shuttle. Youze guys can see where they slot in a little easier there.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Official_Starships_Collection

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery_The_Official_Starships_Collection

Reaction score
I apologize if this was discussed earlier, but why did Eaglemoss release Star Trek Starships issues 150 and 151 before 148 and 149. According to Previews, the catalog North America stores order from, issues 148 and 149 release dates are TBD. It also looks like we are getting issues 156 and 157 before issues 154 and 155.

Reaction score
I apologize if this was discussed earlier, but why did Eaglemoss release Star Trek Starships issues 150 and 151 before 148 and 149. According to Previews, the catalog North America stores order from, issues 148 and 149 release dates are TBD. It also looks like we are getting issues 156 and 157 before issues 154 and 155.
I think I read somewhere there was a problem with the magazines for 148/149 so that caused the delay.

Not sure about 154/155.

Reaction score
I think that was the hold-up, too. Yep, Diamond's dates are spectacularly wrong all the time, seems the only reliable date is one week from shipping to the shops.

152 and 153 plus XL KBoP, Edison, and Planet Killah arrives next Wednesday at N. American shops.

Reaction score
I think that was the hold-up, too. Yep, Diamond's dates are spectacularly wrong all the time, seems the only reliable date is one week from shipping to the shops.

152 and 153 plus XL KBoP, Edison, and Planet Killah arrives next Wednesday at N. American shops.
The Eaglemoss online shop has issues 148 and 149 in stock, but I'm worried if I order them, I wont get the magazines since there was a problem with them. I bought the long sold-out Bonaventure from them and I'm still waiting for my magazine!

Reaction score
Good news, we'll be back in sequence (and quite possibly broke and homeless) next Wednesday at N. American shops: 148 J'H B'ship, 149 Krenim, 154 Klingon Transport, 155 Vulcan D'vahl, Festoon, XL Runabout, BSG Colonial Raptor are out.

Thought the Excelsior Concept I and especially the Devore were quite nice last time; I'm looking forward to the J'H ship the most, from this batch. :)

Reaction score
The very affable Irishtrekkie was able to interview Ben over the weekend and did a great job, loads of new data extracted. If you get a chance, check out the vid on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJX4EW1oxas
In case you don't, here's a rundown:

-T'Plana Hath will be a Special
-not considering doing XLs or Specials as reg. sized
-considering doing pre-orders before production for more obscure XL ships beyond the 22 planned
-Titan is publishing Dan Curry book co-authored by Ben
-Voyager: A Celebration (EM) book is a "convention in a book", packed with the best anecdotes and stories from the cast and crew
-Discovery starships book features new Bryan Fuller interviews where he speaks about his plans/design rationale for the series, all-new material not in mags
-STO starship collection will likely launch after Q1 2020
-Orville starships will launch with a small wave first, then more ships after a pause (if the first ones sell); Orville (ship) will be in XL and reg. scales, main collection is reg. STSS sized
-Big Ent-D partwork will re-launch about a year from now with a re-tooled model, they're still working on refinements
-John and Colin from EM work on the STSS collection under Ben's aegis
-Marcus Riley and Mark Wright write most of the STSS mags now
-JJ background ships are coming but were slowed because Paramount doesn't have CG assets so they are being recreated
-EM wants to revisit the JJ Ent-A to see if the producers have changed their minds and will let them do it; producers weren't sure the ship would look like that in the next film so they initially declined
-Vertical Romulan Warbird concept is coming, just waiting for final revisions from Andy Probert (who insisted on finishing the design the way he had intended it to look) for Fabio to finish the model
-Planet of Titans designs still not approved as ownership of Ken Adam's designs has not been legally established in full
-Franz Joseph designs are still on hold, legal issues still pending, complicated by book re-publishing discussions
-2 space stations are in production now (we already knew Regula I and the DSC Fed. station are coming, though)
-"Every single ship seen in Discovery" is on the drawing board, possibly including 7(!) Section 31 ships (2 2-nacelled versions [small and big], 2 4-nacelled versions [small and big], "carrier" ship, stealth ship, shuttle)
-S'ona Collector on the way
-Think Tank CG mesh is missing but they're re-doing it
-Battle-damaged ships not planned, Ben doesn't think they can do it well at that pricepoint
-large Borg cube still being worked on
-Ben is extremely appreciative of the support from the community, loves working on this stuff

-166 is Tamarian ship (from Entertainment Earth, no pic)

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that update DD!

Great to hear Kelvin timeline fed starships are still in the pipe, so to speak :) hoping also that the Ent-A also ‘comes out of Warp limbo’ and arrives in EMs collection!

Reaction score
Thanks DD for the update. Superb! I love the idea of so many lines to pick and choose from

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea the Hawking Type-6 Shuttle existed until now!

So by my reckoning, there are now just 3 pre-Discovery Prime canon Starfleet shuttles left after this set:

1. Orbital Inspection Pod (ENT: "Broken Bow")
  2. Shuttlepod 1 Refit (ENT: "Awakening")
  3. Admiral Janeway's SC-4 (no armor) (VOY: "Endgame")

Is there a 4th Starfleet shuttle I'm forgetting that would complete a 7th Shuttle set?

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea the Hawking Type-6 Shuttle existed until now!

So by my reckoning, there are now just 3 pre-Discovery Prime canon Starfleet shuttles left after this set:

1. Orbital Inspection Pod (ENT: "Broken Bow")
  2. Shuttlepod 1 Refit (ENT: "Awakening")
  3. Admiral Janeway's SC-4 (no armor) (VOY: "Endgame")

Is there a 4th Starfleet shuttle I'm forgetting that would complete a 7th Shuttle set?
Waverider, maybe? Or maybe that 21C Earth capsule that got stuck in that energy wave thingy? Ent-D Captain's yacht?
I'd like Khan's jumpship from Into Darkness but that's breaking the rules, innit. ;)

Wowsers! I haven't purchased the Shuttlecraft Series 5 yet, and they are showing Series 6!
Same here. Was never offered by Diamond, a pal reminded me, the other day. :wtf:

Reaction score
Same here. Was never offered by Diamond, a pal reminded me, the other day. :wtf:
Oh, wow. DIdn't realize that at all. Thanks for pointing it out, DD! :grin:

Although that makes me wonder, are there any other EM shop exclusives I've similarly missed. :hmm:

Reaction score
Update from EM's NYCC panel, no model pics yet

- Issue 167 is the Axanar Freighter from ENT: "Fight or Flight"

- Bonus #21 is John Eaves' Klingon D4 concept for ENT

- Then the Conestoga, then a Gold Enterprise-D o-o

- XL 18 is the K't'inga (not Kronos One)

- XL 19 is the Enterprise-J

- Disco 22 is the Section 31 Stealth ship

- Disco 23 is the Federation Landing Pod

- New reveals coming at the DST B'ham con at the end of the month

Reaction score
Anyone who has the NYCC exclusive cloaked Defiant - can you please tell me if the magazine is unique to the standard Defiant magazine?

Reaction score
The almost pebbled texture takes too much away from the definition for me. I just wonder if that's the limitation of the resin or material used, of it it was by intent to replicate some kind of rippling effect (which it doesn't pull off, IMO due to the near-pebbling appearance)

Either way, it puts me off. Had I been there I might have bought one, but I certainly wasn't buying con tix just for this.

Reaction score
Trailer looks quite encouraging, J-L's looking fairly spry, looking forward to it. New Short Treks are out, too.

EM's massively humongous onslaught of Trek goodness continues:

Better shots of shuttle set 6: Type-18, Hawking, Sphinx workpod, armoured Batmobile... er, SC-4.

167 Axanar Freighter, 168 Suliban Cargo Ship, 169 Kes' starship

Bonus issues: Conestoga, D4 Concept (ENT Eaves)

XL K't'inga, XL Ent-J, XL DS9, Gold Ent-D Special

Also FYI: they're skipping over the Groumall and Melbourne so we're getting the Excelsior concept II and Batris in the main line instead, next Wednesday at N. American shops.
Plus the B&C Cylon Raider, T'plana Hath (DSC), XL Akira, and Scimitar special are out. Time to become a seller at the organ bank, eh?

Section 31 Stealth Ship and Federation Landing Pod

BSG Colonial One

At N. American shops next Wednesday: Batris and Excelsior Concept II (they're skipping the Groumall and Melbourne for now, it seems), B&C Cylon Raider, Scimitar special, XL Akira, XL Excelsior, T'Plana-Hath (DSC). Time to hit the organ bank as a seller! :wtf:

Reaction score
So many ships! Awesome to see that Eaves' Concept D4 has made it into the collection. :) The Disco ships are beautifully detailed and fine. Doesn't the Conestoga make a stunning model?

Reaction score
Trailer looks quite encouraging, J-L's looking fairly spry, looking forward to it. New Short Treks are out, too.

EM's massively humongous onslaught of Trek goodness continues:

Better shots of shuttle set 6: Type-18, Hawking, Sphinx workpod, armoured Batmobile... er, SC-4.

167 Axanar Freighter, 168 Suliban Cargo Ship, 169 Kes' starship

Bonus issues: Conestoga, D4 Concept (ENT Eaves)

XL K't'inga, XL Ent-J, XL DS9, Gold Ent-D Special

Also FYI: they're skipping over the Groumall and Melbourne so we're getting the Excelsior concept II and Batris in the main line instead, next Wednesday at N. American shops.
Plus the B&C Cylon Raider, T'plana Hath (DSC), XL Akira, and Scimitar special are out. Time to become a seller at the organ bank, eh?

Section 31 Stealth Ship and Federation Landing Pod

BSG Colonial One

At N. American shops next Wednesday: Batris and Excelsior Concept II (they're skipping the Groumall and Melbourne for now, it seems), B&C Cylon Raider, Scimitar special, XL Akira, XL Excelsior, T'Plana-Hath (DSC). Time to hit the organ bank as a seller! :wtf:

I dunno. Something seems "off" to me as far as the Hawking shuttle. It's got a 1701-D-ish livery, but the engine nacelles are the STV Galileo version. Is that correct?

Reaction score
Criminy, 19 new ships were shown by EM at DST B'ham, crazy, innit! TrekCore's done a great job so I'll just link to the pics here.

https://blog.trekcore.com/2019/10/hero-collector-unveils-next-wave-of-star-trek-models/

All of those (and some extra nuggets not covered at TC) are now updated on the M-A pages, in case anyone's interested where everything fits in. :)

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Official_Starships_Collection
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery_The_Official_Starships_Collection

Reaction score
Wow, that is a monster update, and some really cool stuff in there!

I must say, even as someone who doesn't generally like the STO designs, those look pretty nice as miniature models, too. :)

Reaction score
I'm sad to see the line end at 180, though the number of ships has been incredible - way beyond what I could have hoped for. I hope they'll still do some shop exclusive bonus and special issues after it's done. There's still 1 more shuttle set needed. And I'd like to see more concept ships. Maybe they could periodically offer some of the most requested missing alien ships as a shop exclusive?

I'm even more bummed that the Graphic Novel Collection is canceled. :( Despite starting with exclusively IDW reprints, they were really getting going on collecting all those uncollected series, and it's a real shame that so many will still be left uncollected. I was really hoping this would be a great counterpart to the Star Wars Epic Collection volumes eventually collecting all the Legends comics. They were really close to collecting all the DS9, VOY and Kelvin comics too. All good things, I guess...

That said, I'm thankful they did what they did and that there will be more to come from Eaglemoss! Still hoping for the Excalibur-Class in the STO line, looking forward to Orville, and I'm curious what Picard and other new projects will bring us.

Reaction score
Two questions regarding the Eaglemoss convention exclusive cloaked USS Defiant:
1. Were these up for sale for a short time on the Eaglemoss websites (US and international) after the conventions but sold out?
2. Does the included magazine have all-new material or is it a collection of previous material from the other Defiant magazine with cloaking section from another (possibly KBOP) manual?

I guess I want one of these to complete my Starships collection, but wondering if I should wait or if I should pay the extra cash and buy it now. Definitely not paying the $150 on eBay. Anyone have an extra for sale at a decent price?