Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Reaction score
Hey all, this might be in the wrong category but I was just curious about whether anyone knew of any ships from the new Star Trek film were going to be produced in titanium, micromachine, or even Hallmark ornament size. I've seen the larger $29+ version with lights, sounds, snack bar, etc.; but I would imagine that someone would put out a Johnny Lighting-type replica.

Reaction score
Re: Star Trek XI titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

I am not sure exactly what size 1:50 scale is but Hot Wheels just came out with some ships with that scale. I think one is from the new movie. That scale may be a bit bigger than what you are looking for. They do look kind of nice though.

EE Star Trek Link

Let me know guys if it is ok to post any Star Trek related stuff here. I'm really not sure.

Reaction score
Re: Star Trek XI titanium or Micro Machine sized s

Here's what I know...

Entertainment Earth's website lists the 2009 movie Enterprise and the new Romulan Narada ships to be released in May, but they're not in the first waves, so I think they have their dates wrong.

Johnny Lightning lost the license (I think). Correct me if I'm wrong. They were doing a great job on the Legends of Star Trek series. The only thing I didn't like is the extremely long delay between waves. Although the last 2 waves were only a few months apart.

I got a sneak peek at the Hallmark ornament catalog this year, and they are NOT doing the 2009 movie Enterprise, which totally shocks me! They are making a Klingon battleship instead.

The only other hope for getting miniature versions of these ships is from Asian toy makers like F-Toys or Furuta.

Reaction score

The F-Toys versions are Titanium scale but they are plastic. I just got the Enterprise NX and the detailing is really good, because it's plastic.

I'm thinking about picking up a couple of these new die-cast ships. I think they might be close to AF scale or Titanium Ultra. Although I am waiting for the HMS Bounty because I like the Bird of Prey wings in the up position...

NOTE: WINGS ARE POSITIONABLE!! I didn't know this until images of the BoP surfaced...

Reaction score

I really wish that hot wheels would stop saying that their Star Trek ships are 1:50 scale because the traditional measure of scale is 1 inch on the model is 50 inches on the "actual" and I don't know about anyone else...but I think a 1:50 scale Enterprise-D would be bigger than my 1:1 scale car. Unless they are using some other form of scaling measurement, in which case, the Ent-D is still huge compared to the others.

Hot Wheels is coming out with the new 1701 from the movie in the second wave.

I'd also look for Furuta or F-toys to have a good replica soon enough.

BTW, has anyone seen the Hot Wheels Trek ships in a store yet??

Chris

Reaction score

Many thanks to everyone for the info and the ee links! I knew I could count on you guys. It is good to see that Hot Wheels will be doing a new Enterprise and Romulan ship from the movie, albeit kind of strange that they aren't coming out with them in the first wave. nstead we get just what we need, another Enterprise, D, Reliant, and BoP. It's not like they didn't do that with MM, Furuta, F-toys, JL, etc.

I agree about the scaling too...they seem to be more on 1 inch = 50ft instead of the standing modeling scale.

Reaction score

JL in my book still wins out over more selections. Besides MM, I have yet to see ships like 1701-B, C, Stargazer, Defiant, Runabout and so from Mattel.

Reaction score

True about the others, but both F-toys and Furuta have done versions of the Defiant

Reaction score

I've got the JL series 5 and about to get series 6. Very nice. Been looking out for the HW ships, but nothing yet...looking forward to these.

I like those F-toys, but a bit pricey. Maybe later on if they go down in price.

Reaction score

Were the Johnny Lightning ships sold in stores? I think I saw one ship, exactly one time, in my local Walmart store and that was it. It wasn't near any other die-cast toys, there were no pegs I could find and I never saw another one.

I actually doubted for a while that I'd actually seen it till I spent some time on eBay searching and found the line. This must have been back with either wave 1 or 2.

Anyway, I'll have to be on the lookout for the Hot Wheels versions. They seem like the price is going to be kind of high on them if the EE prices are any indication.

E...

Reaction score

I personally enjoy the Furuta ships, very nice looking. Plus they made some of the more obscure stuff like Prometheus and Eqiunox.

Reaction score

efranks said:
Were the Johnny Lightning ships sold in stores? I think I saw one ship, exactly one time, in my local Walmart store and that was it. It wasn't near any other die-cast toys, there were no pegs I could find and I never saw another one.

I actually doubted for a while that I'd actually seen it till I spent some time on eBay searching and found the line. This must have been back with either wave 1 or 2.

Anyway, I'll have to be on the lookout for the Hot Wheels versions. They seem like the price is going to be kind of high on them if the EE prices are any indication.

E...
I found series 5 in TRU and that's when I started collecting them. Never saw series 1-4.

Yeah, those HW I believe are going to be around $15 each. Hope it's worth it.

Reaction score

TheRenewedValor said:
I personally enjoy the Furuta ships, very nice looking. Plus they made some of the more obscure stuff like Prometheus and Eqiunox.
I wish I had the Furuta Equinox. I started collecting these recently, and I noticed the Series 1 ships are selling for big bucks on eBay.

Reaction score

I wish I had found Furuta series 1 earlier as well, because when I first found them, series 2 was readily available and somewhat cheap but S1 was way up there and now it's almost impossible to even find the entire first series as a whole set. I really wanted the Equinox and Defiant.
And the series after 2 are a lot smller ships, which I thought was lame. The Excelsior (NCC-2000) is like 2 inches long. The base and stand are bigger than the ship model so I didn't get too many from the later sets, series 1 and 2 seem to have been the best ones.

I really like the F-toys 1/2500 Defiant ships. The coolest part is, you get 2 ships in one box!
Saved me having to get a resin kit of the Defiant in the same scale and try to paint it myself. I got the main set of F-toys ships, without secret ship and including shipping from Japan, for $30 total which I didnt think was that bad a price.

I usually keep a Furuta Voyager and Prometheus on my desk here at work, as well as the Johnny Lightning Ent-D and NX-01.

Can't wait to see the new ships from Matchbox. Hopefully they will be as cool as we are lead to believe.

Chris

Reaction score

I went to a Target store here in the Midwest and found the Hot Wheels Star Trek die-cast vehicles in the car aisle. They were $12.99 each, which is cheaper than the Entertainment Earth price. I passed on them though since they only had a case of the first series (2 x Enterprise NCC-1701A, 1 x Enterprise NCC-1701D, 1 x USS Reliant). I'm excited about the second series which will have the Enterprise NCC-1701 from the 2009 movie and the Romulan Bird of Prey. I do not own a detailed replica of the Bird of Prey with folding wings yet.

Reaction score

Thanks for the post, Bosski. I was just going to ask what part of the store the Hot Wheels ships were being stocked. I looked in the action figure aisle on my stops today, not thinking to look in the die cast car aisle for some stupid reason.

Also good to know the price. I may be selective if I pick up any at all. Still, looking forward to seeing them in person.

E...

Reaction score

I found the same case assortment in Target today and picked up a couple of them. They are a bit bigger than I was expecting (about 6" long with no concern for matching scale between ships) and the price was also slightly higher than I was expecting (BBTS has singles on preorder for $13.99 and cases of 4 for $49.99, putting the Target price in the middle). Calling them die-cast is a bit of a stretch though, as the saucers and nacelles are plastic. The total amount of metal isn't really any more than what's in a 3" Titanium (probably less in many cases). The Enterprise D's saucer does detach, leaving all of the metal in the main section (which is then roughly the size of a 3" Titanium). The detail and paint apps are nice, but there seem to be plenty of blemishes too (excess paint and glue, untrimmed flash, etc.). The stands are ball-jointed and can hold the ships well at any angle in the limited range (the D's plastic saucer is out of luck when detached though). Overall, they're not bad, but I'm hoping for lower prices at Wal-Mart and a quick end to the line once all of the main ships are out.

Reaction score

efranks said:
Were the Johnny Lightning ships sold in stores?
I picked up Waves 1 & 2 at TRU when they were out. I saw these waves later at KB at reduced cost after that. Last year, I managed to pick up Wave 4 at KB at $2 a pop!

Reaction score

I saw them today at Target and while the size of the ships is cool...the paint apps were a mess and the detail on the Ent-D was horrible. If I can find a D that is not all covered in excess paint and glue, then maybe I'll pick one up.

Reaction score

Were the Reliant and Bird of Prey out?

Reaction score

aackbar01 said:
Were the Reliant and Bird of Prey out?
The Reliant is in the current wave. The Bird of Prey is not.

Reaction score

I went to some Wal-Marts, Targets, and TRUs over the weekend and only one Target had these ships. They were in the Hot Wheels/Matchbox area and they were a bigger than I had imagined they would be. They were marked $11.99 and I considered buying all of them but I decided to wait to see if the price is going to be cheaper at Wal-Mart. I hope this isn't one of those things that I pass on and then never see it again.

Reaction score

Are the HW Enterprise and Reliant the same scale, i.e. same length nacelles and diameter saucer? The JL versions are slightly different.

Reaction score

Darth_Morpheus said:
I went to some Wal-Marts, Targets, and TRUs over the weekend and only one Target had these ships. They were in the Hot Wheels/Matchbox area and they were a bigger than I had imagined they would be. They were marked $11.99 and I considered buying all of them but I decided to wait to see if the price is going to be cheaper at Wal-Mart. I hope this isn't one of those things that I pass on and then never see it again.
Hotwheels section!! Ah!! Of course!!

Reaction score

Just from visual inspection on the outside of the package, I would say that there is not any actual scaling used on these Hot Wheels ships. The Enterprise-A and Reliant do not appear to be of same scale. But I have not bought them and opened them to compare.

EDIT: I looked more closely last night at Target and the nacelles on Reliant and Ent-A appear to be similar in size, but that is just observation through the windows of the package and trying to match them up as closely as I can. I'm still not convinced there is an overarching "scale" to the series, as whatever scale it is, the Ent-D is NOT included since it is the same size as the others and would be far larger in any scale used for the smaller ships.

Deak_Starkiller said:
Are the HW Enterprise and Reliant the same scale, i.e. same length nacelles and diameter saucer? The JL versions are slightly different.

Reaction score

Just checked the local Walmart here and nadda. Though they are undergoing a complete reorganizing of the store...moving entire sections and exapanding the electronics by 50%, so they haven't restocked their toy section since February.

Reaction score

I just saw these at Walmart tonight for 11.97
They are very nice and tho I didnt see the original Enterprise on the shelf.. it looks to be the new movie version and not the original tv series version. I was surprised to see that the movie version A was actually missing the A on the ship but is labeled as such on the box.
Again, these are very nicely done from what I could see but I really like the Futura versions I have since they are smaller and their line also cover the B C and E versions. I picked up the J.L. NX-O1 version as well to round off the collection.
Here's a pic....sorry, the E is a bit cut off...

Reaction score

Very nice setup SpiritYoda. I'm a bit jealous ! I don't have an Star Trek ships but I'm thinking about picking up the new Hot Wheels series. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Reaction score

Nice! The Furutas are cool and they're the only ones who did an Enterprise C. I like your classic TV DVDs, too... Sanford, Jeffersons... great stuff.

SpiritYoda, have you checked out the Trek ships from Hallmark, Romando, F-Toys, Corgi, Ertl, and Konami? Tons more from JL, too.

They're all roughly the same scale and some are quite nice!

Reaction score

Nice display. I have a display that also includes the Future Ent-D, CV-6 Enterprise, and CVN-65 Enterprise. Looking for a Space Shuttle Enterprise to round out the display. Maybe a sailing ship Enterprise if i could ever find such a thing other than the one from Wizkids' pirates game. Used to have it there too, but it looked corny beside the other models.

SpiritYoda said:
I just saw these at Walmart tonight for 11.97
They are very nice and tho I didnt see the original Enterprise on the shelf.. it looks to be the new movie version and not the original tv series version. I was surprised to see that the movie version A was actually missing the A on the ship but is labeled as such on the box.
Again, these are very nicely done from what I could see but I really like the Futura versions I have since they are smaller and their line also cover the B C and E versions. I picked up the J.L. NX-O1 version as well to round off the collection.
Here's a pic....sorry, the E is a bit cut off...

Reaction score

Thanks guys.. Yeah, the reason I decided on the Futura was because of the B C and E models. I wanted to have the full evolution of Enterprises and the scale was perfect as far as room goes. Wouldn't mind a Borg cube and Klingon bird of prey but havent followed thru on finding the right ones. I will check out those other lines mentioned tho... thanks.

Yeah.. there is a lot more tv series below those.. I am a classic tv junkie. To the right of that pic was the shelf with my Voyager set with 9 inch Janeway and Hallmark Voyager which I put on a stand rather than hang it.

Reaction score

No worries, glad to help. The Konamis and F-Toys are fairly new.

I did the same thing with some of my Hallmarks, too. Have you seen the new Hallmark TMP Klingon cruiser? Very nice, available in July.

Actually, noone's got a complete Enterprise set because there's never been an Enterprise 1701-J or pre-NX Enterprise released in this scale. I'd love it if someone made them.

Reaction score

Now I havent read much in the way of books and I do consider myself a Star Trek fan also.. but wow, I must admit I have never heard of the Enterprise J. What about F thru I? Hadnt seen the new Hallmark you mentioned but I will check it out.

What a trip!!!!

Reaction score

SpiritYoda said:
Now I havent read much in the way of books and I do consider myself a Star Trek fan also.. but wow, I must admit I have never heard of the Enterprise J. What about F thru I? Hadnt seen the new Hallmark you mentioned but I will check it out.

What a trip!!!!
news to me as well!

I also didn't realize that the furuta vol. 1 ships were so damn expensive! I got the set(minus Romulan warbird) a few years ago for like $30 shipped from japan! I have vol 1 and 2 but stopped there since they decided 3 was gonna be smaller...that pissed me off. I love them but unfortunately have no where to display them

Reaction score

The Enterprise-J was in an episode of "Enterprise", I think Azati Prime, but I might be wrong. Anyway, there was only really a background shot of it showing the ship on a status display behind the characters and Pocket Books and several fans have done some nice renderings of the ship. Nothing is known about F - I at the current time.

Reaction score

Yes, indeed - there's an Enterprise J - but as Phoenix points out, it's just shown on tactical displays from the inside of the ship during the episode. F to I are indeed a mystery.
There is an official rendering of the J's exterior in one of the Ships Of The Line calendars. I can't post pics here yet but I recommend that you check out the pic. It looks awesome, IMHO.
I'd love a pre-Federation Declaration-class USS Enterprise, (XCV 330) too. There's a pic shown of it in ST:TMP.

Reaction score

Wow.. well thanks for the info guys.. I obviously missed that while watching Enterprise... tho I didnt see every single episode or just totally missed that if I did see that episode.

I got my Futura ships some time ago individually and so I havent checked what the current prices are but I got them pretty cheap, or so I remember. For me tho, they are still the best bet for what I wanted as far as Trek goes. That one shelf pretty much says it all for me and its compact and simply done. Anyone see the new movie today? I am looking forward to seeing it.. I have heard mixed things but have avoided any spoilers. As with Star Wars, I am easy to please and just happy to have something else to enjoy. For me, there's a lot to be said for being simple.

Reaction score

A) I just picked up a Reliant and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's slightly smaller than AF scale and the disc top is all metal. The bottom and engines are plastic, but hard plastic. Not soft like the TS ships...

and B) I've yet to go see the movie but based on what I've heard from movie snobs, it's absolutely incredible. Justice has been dispensed. Retribution has come in full. All other prequels from all other franchises have been put to shame. Boom.

Reaction score

Most excellent.. loved your wording!

Reaction score

I just saw the new flick and I thought it was great but I wouldn't go quite so far as "Boom" to the others. It is a fresh approach and it was a lot of fun, but some stuff didn't work, too.

There's not much more I can say with spoiling it for someone. How's: Captain Kirk's father is... Darth Vader! Gasp.