Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

GNT

Reaction score
A new Star Trek Show for fans of Discovery:

It has been officially confirmed that CBS All Access has ordered a new series titled Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. According to CBS the show will be “based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise,” which sets the series before the events of Star Trek: The Original Series. Strange New Worlds will feature Anson Mount as Captain Pike, Ethan Peck as Mr. Spock and Rebeca Romijn as Number One, all reprising their roles from the second season of Star Trek: Discovery.

The official release has this summary of the show:

The series will follow Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One in the decade before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.
According to CBS the new series “will take the trio of Spock, Pike and Number One and the U.S.S. Enterprise almost right up to the reign of that certain James T. Kirk, almost.”

A show featuring the return of Pike, Spock, and Number One on the USS Enterprise has been asked for by many fans, and since last spring producers have said the fans have been heard. There have been multiple hints and rumours about the show in the last year, leaving this official announcement the final step to the return to the 23rd century.

Mount promises “classic” Star Trek
This morning Anson Mount, Ethan Peck and Rebecca Romijn made their own announcement for Strange New Worldsvia YouTube. They speak about their excitement about doing the show and appreciation for all the fan enthusiasm. Anson Mount – who is a self-avowed Trek fan – had this to say about the show:

It means even more for us to announce to be able to announce this show right now at a time when so much of the planet is hurting…And we are going to get to work on a classic Star Trek show that deals with optimism and the future.

Reaction score
Ugh, I read about this the other day, and was kind of expecting it after watching S2 of Discovery. Personally not fond of another series set in the past, so unsure if I'll watch. At least in the beginning, likely wait for season 2 of Picard and catch it during that.

That said, i did feel that Anson play a pretty good Pike, and thought number one was okay. Spock played by yet another actor was, well...
Just not sure I'm up for a Pike/Spock bromance, after 50 years of Kirk, Spock, McCoy dynamic. Some of use don't want "classic Trek" with all new cat though, we want to move forward with new characters and ships.

And now with Picard out, anything done after Nemesis would essentially be in the past! You can't win. lol

IDK, it just feels like they're scared to think up anything new, and would rather just redo what has come before over and over just because it might be new to someone.

Reaction score
they're basically going back to the original pilot ("the cage"). this format is what the series was supposed to be, before CBS demanded changes.

Reaction score
I know right, who am I kidding, I'll watch!
Because I too though Pike was the best thing about Disco 2!

I'm just prequel fatigued is all.