Star Cases For TAC Basic Figures

Reaction score
I've searched, but maybe I'm just an idiot and couldn't find a thread regarding this, but does anyone know if any of the existing Star Cases will fit the upcoming TAC basic figures, or will we have to wait for a new fitted design to be released?

Reaction score
I kinda hope the will be similar to the SAGA in size, and cut. I have a bunch for this series. I know it looks different and all, but we can hope for it to be close.

Reaction score
From the pictures released and the Hasbro Q&A isn't the bubble going to be smaller for TAC. If true, I'd suspect both the Star Case 3 and 4 will work.

Reaction score
the cards are still based on the standard 6x9 format that we've seen for many years, just the odd angles and cut ins make them look like they'll be difficult. Hasbro has said that their current cases will work with the TAC cards and i'd assume that any of the the standard Star Cases will work as well.

Reaction score
Hey, anyone lucky enough to have found TAC so far, please let us know how existing star cases fit. Pictures would be nice, and I'm especially interested in the 2006 Hasbro cases ("fit 99% of carded figures since 1995") and how they work, because I'm sitting on about 60 of those.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Picture of my very own 30th Anniversary figure in the "original" star case.

Let me rephrase this and edit it. The picture is blocking out what I have to say. The Star Case 1 is a perfect fit. The edges touch all of the card, which isn't much. The Star Case 4 or any of its revisions don't make contact with all of the card, so it isn't the best case for these figures. The Star Case 4 is also too deep. Hasbro's cases that fit all figures really have one downside: the size. They are so deep, it wouldn't make sense to put thin-bubble figures from POTF2 or Episode 1 in there. Star Case 2 is way too deep for these figures. The original star case should fit these perfectly, like in my photograph. However, these figures by their nature aren't very mint, so I was fortunate enough to find a candidate that was worthy of protection.

Reaction score
tenike1 said:
Picture of my very own 30th Anniversary figure in the "original" star case.

Let me rephrase this and edit it. The picture is blocking out what I have to say. The Star Case 1 is a perfect fit. The edges touch all of the card, which isn't much. The Star Case 4 or any of its revisions don't make contact with all of the card, so it isn't the best case for these figures. The Star Case 4 is also too deep. Hasbro's cases that fit all figures really have one downside: the size. They are so deep, it wouldn't make sense to put thin-bubble figures from POTF2 or Episode 1 in there. Star Case 2 is way too deep for these figures. The original star case should fit these perfectly, like in my photograph. However, these figures by their nature aren't very mint, so I was fortunate enough to find a candidate that was worthy of protection.
Which star case is the version currently sold at hasbrotoyshop?

Reaction score
There is and only will be one "star case," which is produced by Protech. I'm sure the term "star case" is used loosely when talking about all brands of clamshells, but they are probably the most popular. hasbro's own clamshells are big and not very good for older figures. They are the only figures to fit the animated Clone Wars figures well, so that's why I bought them. If anybody is wanting to purchase clamshells for their figures, go with Protech's Star Cases.

I purchase all of my cases here: http://www.wholesalecases.com/star-wars-supplies.html

And remember, the star case 3 and star case 4 have tendencies to have "loose" fronts as I would call them. I haven't really experienced the backs not fitting tightly with the fronts with the star case and star case 2.

Reaction score
tenike1 said:
There is and only will be one "star case," which is produced by Protech. I'm sure the term "star case" is used loosely when talking about all brands of clamshells, but they are probably the most popular. hasbro's own clamshells are big and not very good for older figures. They are the only figures to fit the animated Clone Wars figures well, so that's why I bought them. If anybody is wanting to purchase clamshells for their figures, go with Protech's Star Cases.

I purchase all of my cases here: http://www.wholesalecases.com/star-wars-supplies.html

And remember, the star case 3 and star case 4 have tendencies to have "loose" fronts as I would call them. I haven't really experienced the backs not fitting tightly with the fronts with the star case and star case 2.
Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
I Happened to have over a dozen of the ROTS Star Cases that Target carried still lying around. The figures just fit and other that the shape being more rounded than the TAC cards, they work pretty well. I have some of the cases that Hasbro has on their site right now but just haven't tried them.

Reaction score
I can vouch for what tenike1 says. I too have my TAC figures displayed quite nicely in the original Starcase by Protech. Like he said, a near perfect fit.

Reaction score
I have a few Star Cases left, and was going to order some of the Hasbro ones, but I will have to wait and see what looks better on my wall before I order any.

Reaction score
yeah, the star case. i put the only one tac figure i own in a protech star case 1 and its a perfect fit.

tenike1 , that's funny, i have the same tac figure in a starcase as you

Reaction score
Jedi_Mathyus said:
I have a few Star Cases left, and was going to order some of the Hasbro ones, but I will have to wait and see what looks better on my wall before I order any.
Any existing Star Case will fit the TAC figures.Some of the deeper cases do best.

Reaction score
Yeah, I have more Star Cases then I do Hasbro ones right now. Plus, there is a sports card and collectibles show the weekend of the 23rd near me, so I can get more there. As long as they dont have to change the size of the bubble, these cases will work fine.

GNT

Reaction score
reelism said:
question: do any of they other star cases fit TAC or are there new versions being released?
thx,
Jason
Captain_Piet said:
blueMnM said:
i just bought a case of star case 4 from protech it fits fine
u can also use the original star case
How is the 4 different from the 3?
jedikatarn said:
I had some already - I think they were the ones that were from Hasbro Toy Shop - you know the ones that are supposed to fit 99% of all figures ever made (everyone but Ephant Mon and Battlefront Scout Trooper) - these seemed to work fine with the new TAC figures...
reelism said:
nice... thx for the info guys
Turbowars said:
The Hasbro ROTS cases work as well.
Ridzuan said:
The 2007 series are friendlier than its 2006 counterpart. I was pleasantly surprised that it could fit my collector's case purchased prior to 2006's.

GNT

Reaction score
mastercasello said:
do they have them for the tac figures yet? If so, where to buy them. Didn't see any on ebay.
CobraKaiDojo said:
I'm pretty sure that the Saga ones from last year work.
K_M_Toydarian said:
mrmforceX said:
The official ones from Hasbro work perfect (and cheap too, at a dollar per case!)
I like the current Hasbro cases, they are great, I always get a few vases when they have free shipping.
I noticed the cases that came with the C4 luke and droids figures are a little slimmer than the 10 pack ones. The 10 pack are great cause they fit most figures through the years regardless f bubble size, but the C4 cases, being not as deep stack more efficiently, as there is less wasted space.
Wonder if we will see those put out in a 10 pack.

Reaction score
These things are so expensive for what they are, $4.99 here at one of my local Toyworlds.

Reaction score
For anyone who needs them, I have cases or the TAC line that I am selling. I've been selling them for the past several weeks in the classifieds for just a buck a piece(plus shipping, of course), several people around here have bought them and are very happy.
I have a few hundred of them, so if anyone is interested, feel free to pm me.

GNT

Reaction score
Sith242 said:
I tried searching the site, but I could not find anything...but does someone know where one can purchase the clear protective cases for carded TAC figures?

Much appreciated!!!
iambob13 said:
Try www.hasbrotoyshop.com. I bought the 10-pack there and they're pretty good. I don't have any problems with them other than they are a bit deep. I guess it's good for figures that come in different sizes. I need to find some for my new JOEs.
Go with the Hasbro cases, they're probably the best around if you wanted to put lots in the cases.

Reaction score
iambob13 said:
Try www.hasbrotoyshop.com. I bought the 10-pack there and they're pretty good. I don't have any problems with them other than they are a bit deep. I guess it's good for figures that come in different sizes. I need to find some for my new JOEs.
I have searched hasbroshop and cannot find them.

Does anyone have a direct link?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for clamshells protective cases for the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Collection, does anyone know where I can find them?
I want to get the ones that looks almost the same as the ones from McQuarrie figures.

Thanks

Reaction score
The Star Case #1 is on the left...the one to the right with the Rebel/Imperial logo(and Star Wars embossed on the back) isn’t sold any more, though if you want that one you could try ebay. Not sure anyone carries them anymore.