STAP With Battle Droid

Reaction score
For those here in their late teens/early twenties, this might bring some nostalgia. :friendly_wink:

Reaction score
I just got this one last fall... $40 for a box full of POTF/TPM figures and vehicles, in packages.

It's a solid piece... not the greatest droid, but it suits the vehicle.

Reaction score
I think there's a K-mart around here that still has these on the shelves from 1998.

:ambivalence:

Reaction score
It happens. Someone probably stuck a BP bar code sticker on it to get $15 bucks out of it.

Reaction score
Got the Sneak Preview one at a thrift store...in original box for $2 two months ago. $17? :highly_amused:

Reaction score
I've always liked the STAPs and Battle Droids. I'll be picking one up!

Reaction score
I'm a huge sucker for STAPs and Battle Droids. I'll probably give in to this one if I see it.

GNT

Reaction score
I still have the preview version on display, brings back old memories of the TPM line.

CIS

Reaction score
Really? This battle droid? Ugh. I would have bought it if it had a better BD, same with Darth Maul and his speeder. It's disappointing to see all of these repacks/repaints from 99!!!

Reaction score
For those here in their late teens/early twenties, this might bring some nostalgia. :friendly_wink:
True. It would be a real kicker if they re-released it in that same 1998 Sneak Preview window box, only with updated outer VC graphic theme.

Ah, I remember getting this when I was eleven from my local comic shop in November (?) 1998. I used that Battle Droid for many stop-motion movies back then. Fond memories.:tears_of_joy:

Reaction score
Nice addition for those that missed out. I've got two, so I won't need it.

Reaction score
If they had thrown a Pilot or Security Droid in with this I might've been interested, as I don't have a STAP or either of those droid variants. Not gonna bite on a standard infantry version, though, even if that is more accurate to the movie.

Reaction score
If they had thrown a Pilot or Security Droid in with this I might've been interested, as I don't have a STAP or either of those droid variants. Not gonna bite on a standard infantry version, though, even if that is more accurate to the movie.
Not only that but if the first picture is anything to go by the arms are floppy so aren't suitable for posing. I know because I already own the original. But it's no bother as long as you're keeping the figure on the vehicle.

Reaction score
I for one am in on this one. I never got a STAP back in TPM days (I was going through a 'too old for toys' phase, until I wised up) and was kicking myself for not picking up that TRU exclusive two pack when I found it clearanced for like $12 one time. I like the TPM/Trade Federation colors a little better than the CIS stuff so this is all around cool.

I hear you guys about the pilot and security droids, though. When that single packed tan BD comes out I'm going to have some customizing fun! The Battlefront games had even more droid colors, which I'd of course be tempted to do.

Reaction score
I got the original for $7, and I also managed to get the BP ones with pilot BDs. I'm not getting ANOTHER original one for twice what I originally paid.

GNT

Reaction score
New boxed and loose pictures can be found here. Looks good to me.

Reaction score
It does look pretty decent.

BUT, I already have 2 from '99.

There's gonna be a TON of shelf-warmers from this line.

Reaction score
The STAP doesn't even look weathered, it looks factory fresh. I think the EpI version at least had some metal scrapes and some black on it. The brown is also WAY too brown. It needs to be darker IMO. Looks a little off.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have liked to see some weathering. I'll still buy it, though.

CIS

Reaction score
Ehh, I want this for the STAP. I don't want that battle droid, but I think I'll still get it.

Reaction score
The STAP doesn't even look weathered, it looks factory fresh. I think the EpI version at least had some metal scrapes and some black on it. The brown is also WAY too brown. It needs to be darker IMO. Looks a little off.
Yeah, honestly, the tpm preview stap looked better...

Reaction score
I for one am in on this one. I never got a STAP back in TPM days (I was going through a 'too old for toys' phase, until I wised up) and was kicking myself for not picking up that TRU exclusive two pack when I found it clearanced for like $12 one time. I like the TPM/Trade Federation colors a little better than the CIS stuff so this is all around cool.
Same here. I want one since I didn't get the original one. I'm still going to pass on it unless I find one for a really good sale price though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i saw the old version at a comic store for $3 haha what a waste of money at 17 or 19 bucks. they take us for suckers.

Reaction score
Saw it in the store today. It looks terrible . They should have at least put a modern BD in there.

Reaction score
As far as paint goes, the Episode I version (not preview) looks best, but I like that this new one has silver paint on the missiles, as well. The Battle Droid is fine for what it needs to be. Loose joints so it can move with the speeder and perpendicular hands. It's a bit bigger than the TVC version, but it works.