Stand-Alone Star Wars Films General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Well, I guess that's one way of interpreting how it was said. Considering her accent.
At least we'd get a new character out of it! Who knew, that all these years we could have had a Manny Bothanz action figure!

Reaction score
After seeing Rogue One, and especially LOVING the last ten minutes with Vader, I had a thought ...
maybe they could do a 'stand alone' film covering the time between Ep III & IV and showing BOTH Vader and Kenobi's trials and tribulations in tandem (but obviously never intersecting)?

Might flesh out a flimsier story about JUST Ben on Tattoine, while successfully building up to A New Hope?

Reaction score
yeah, i just can't see how much backpedaling they'll wanna do. Topics like that, side-bar ones interspersed between each other, a pre-prequel/episode 3.8, could require too much explaining time-wise esp. for new & casual fans, it'll be the old EU all over again. Some fans were all cried up over TFA having some stuff explained thru the Visual Dictionary, rather than being obvious within the film, so most want things laid out in the actual main story, rather than needing further research.

Reaction score
I don't know, I really thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One, but the most exciting moments for me were the last ten minutes.

If Rogue One is Star Wars 3.9, then I'm guessing 3.1 through 3.8 could be quite engaging?

Maybe also add some more Yoda backstory, some glimpses of Leia and Luke growing up?

pod

Reaction score
I don't know, I really thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One, but the most exciting moments for me were the last ten minutes.

If Rogue One is Star Wars 3.9, then I'm guessing 3.1 through 3.8 could be quite engaging?

Maybe also add some more Yoda backstory, some glimpses of Leia and Luke growing up?
You could get the same thing, or better, by them doing a 4.5 or 5.9. There're stories there to be made. As I said, I am hoping for a Rogue One sequel featuring the stealing of the DS II plans with another big role for Vader, and I would go for other stories set in the OT era as well.

Reaction score
The last few minutes looked like a relay race to get the plans to Leia. One trooper has the tape then gets blasted then hands it off to another guy he gets run through with Vader's saber before jettisoning.

Reaction score
Didn't want to say it earlier, as everyone seemed like there was nothing wrong with this movie. But that sequence did bother me. It's like they weer purposely build up suspense, but didn't know the first thing about how to do it naturally. Looked like something out of a Video game.

Reaction score
I'd do some fine tuning, and maybe take out some of the weirder plot points, but I wish, at least in an animated capacity, they'd do Shadows of the Empire. As much as he was made just to fill the void, I'd kill to get Dash Rendar back into canon. Due to my love of the N64 game, he was one of my favorite characters as a little kid. Maybe fix his look a little, the 90's spandex and shoulder pad look is a bit too much, but don't overhaul him too much.

Reaction score
ohh man, I've been waving the SOTE flag for 20 years, man!! probably my favorite in the old EU. Let's hope it's coming, it's clear the awareness of it, w/ the Outrider model ship popping up in random places continuously, and w/ Thrawn being reintroduced, Shadows is right up there in relevance to fandom.
I'd do some fine tuning, and maybe take out some of the weirder plot points, but I wish, at least in an animated capacity, they'd do Shadows of the Empire. As much as he was made just to fill the void, I'd kill to get Dash Rendar back into canon. Due to my love of the N64 game, he was one of my favorite characters as a little kid. Maybe fix his look a little, the 90's spandex and shoulder pad look is a bit too much, but don't overhaul him too much.

Reaction score

Gary Whiita has said that Lucasfilm don't want to rely too much on "legacy characters".

While there are a lot of stories to tell between TPM and RotJ, there is also a lot of story potential in Sequel era.

I think when we hear details about Filoni's next animated show and the third Star Wars Story, we will know what time period Lucasfilm will be focusing on for the foreseeable future. If they are both Sequel era, that is where we'll be staying - if it is something like an ST TV show and an OT movie, then Lucasfilm will be continuing to mix eras.

Can anyone take an educated guess at when Lucasfilm are likely to announce details on the next standalone?

Reaction score
They said summer I thought I read or she just announced, and they've been fairly accurate it seems in their prior announcements, if I recall. I would guess ST era will be a focus of the future films eventually, but we'll see. I've thought for a while they may get their legacy hits in sooner than later, and it only makes sense to have the forecast set on their era, so to speak rather than keep using the 40 year characters, or those that got ample time say in TCW. And will they make a film like R1? A certain war or mission, or will they continue to be character based, like HS? I also wonder will they make a Fett film?, or will they sneak him into the HS film as OMG moment. Fett seems today kinda like what Maul became, well utilized and generously explored. Fett got some good time in during TCW, (still love to see him post Sarlacc) so that also helps me lean towards the ST characters & events taking the lead some day. The ST will have to end to see what areas would be tackled of course, not to mention that's the current schedule anyways. You could assume they'll focus totally on Indy 5 after IX, then get the next anthology title humming along, but again, we'll see. Their game plan seems easy enough to follow, it's the topics they keep quiet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't see why they cannot mix eras, at least then it would have wider appeal. Keeping within the OT era only appeals to certain crowd. The ST, while somewhat new, still deals with OT characters. Well, until the end of EP9 possibly. And then it might not, but it's still tied to them in some way.

If they were to allow KotOR era Movies, or even a TV series, It would open up the playground more. But wouldn't be hindered by what came before or after, it is its own sandbox.
I still would watch Movies taking place within the OT time frame, but it's getting a bit boring for me.

Another setting would be 100 or more years after TFA, to get some totally new characters that are not tied to Skywalker etc. I wouldn't mind if there were Skywalker descendants, but not have them be the focal point of the story.

Reaction score
I like the idea of a KOTOR era movie. Anyone that read the Zayne Carrick comic? I think they could fashion a movie like that where there is a "cabal" of jedi that end up chasing after a padawan that witnessed them doing something evil. I hate to rehash the same movie tropes, but kinda in a "Last Man Standing" style... or "Run Lola Run".

Reaction score
I don't see why they cannot mix eras, at least then it would have wider appeal. Keeping within the OT era only appeals to certain crowd. The ST, while somewhat new, still deals with OT characters. Well, until the end of EP9 possibly. And then it might not, but it's still tied to them in some way.
I didn't mean they can't mix eras - I was just suggesting that they might not want too and that if the third standalone & the next animated series were ST era, that might mean Lucasfilm is putting their focus there.

Lucasfilm and Disney might think mixing eras is not a good idea - it could lead to "confusion" among the "general audience" (which is a hefty portion of the ticket sales) as why actors are dropping in and out of the series, etc. They might be concerned too much era hoping would put people off. Warner Bros. think a Suicide Squad on TV will confuse people going to a Suicide Squad movie. :rolleyes:

Besides, more ST era projects allows for even greater development of the "shared universe", where Saga characters can have their own standalone movies or Ridley, Boyega, etc. can appear in the non-Saga movies about new characters, like in the Marvel movies.

If they were to allow KotOR era Movies, or even a TV series, It would open up the playground more. But wouldn't be hindered by what came before or after, it is its own sandbox.
I still would watch Movies taking place within the OT time frame, but it's getting a bit boring for me.
The costumes, ships and characters of those games aren't very original. They would need to totally re-designed in order make the era worth exploring.

I'd be interested in seeing ancient spacecraft and the world's of yesterday, but the era hopping though ..:hmm:

Another setting would be 100 or more years after TFA, to get some totally new characters that are not tied to Skywalker etc. I wouldn't mind if there were Skywalker descendants, but not have them be the focal point of the story.
That is one possibility for a future phase of movies, but they have only just stepped into a new era and have good (and very popular) set of actors. No point in starting from scratch all over again so soon.

Reaction score
I didn't mean they can't mix eras - I was just suggesting that they might not want too and that if the third standalone & the next animated series were ST era, that might mean Lucasfilm is putting their focus there.

Lucasfilm and Disney might think mixing eras is not a good idea - it could lead to "confusion" among the "general audience" (which is a hefty portion of the ticket sales) as why actors are dropping in and out of the series, etc. They might be concerned too much era hoping would put people off. Warner Bros. think a Suicide Squad on TV will confuse people going to a Suicide Squad movie. :rolleyes:

Besides, more ST era projects allows for even greater development of the "shared universe", where Saga characters can have their own standalone movies or Ridley, Boyega, etc. can appear in the non-Saga movies about new characters, like in the Marvel movies.

You touched on 2 things I've thought about a bit.

First: Confusion. It's a real thing. I watched Rogue One with my whole family... who aren't as interested as I am by a long shot... and while the liked the movie, they didn't entirely "get it". A lot of comments and questions went between "Who/what was this or that" and "What was the deal with this guy or that guy?". This was mainly in reference to the fact that the timeline confused them from the very beginning. Starting at 4, 5, 6... then going to 1, 2, 3... and then to 7 and back to 3.5 can do that to you. (you are Star Wars fans, so you know what this means)

The beginning of Rogue One did nothing to explain where we were in the timeline. Seeing Galen Erso and then jumping to Jyn and then to Cassian and eventually showing us Tarkin really did nothing to get people into Original Star Wars mode if they didn't already know what was going on. I tried to explain it would be leading directly into the original Star Wars movie, but that doesn't help everyone.

The Force Awakens was WORSE in my opinion. We go ZERO explanation as to what had happened and even I was confused as to the government blowing up and where the First Order had come from and Snoke, and why Luke was hiding... I'm very hopeful Ep VIII gives some sort of backstory... of any kind.

Also hoping the next stand alone either doesn't need to connect to the timeline really or is just a little smaller in scale.

SECOND: Rebels Ends... new cartoon has to be in the ST era. Fleshing out anything in this era onscreen would be a great idea. I'd like to see them focus on Maz. Personally I'd like to see a "Tales of Maz's Castle" sort of anthology cartoon... but that's not going to happen. I series of adventures for existing characters would be good though. We don't need Kannan and Ezra 2.0. Use Quiggold and the "Crimson Corsair"... that could be fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score

First: Confusion. It's a real thing. I watched Rogue One with my whole family... who aren't as interested as I am by a long shot... and while the liked the movie, they didn't entirely "get it". A lot of comments and questions went between "Who/what was this or that" and "What was the deal with this guy or that guy?". This was mainly in reference to the fact that the timeline confused them from the very beginning. Starting at 4, 5, 6... then going to 1, 2, 3... and then to 7 and back to 3.5 can do that to you. (you are Star Wars fans, so you know what this means)

The beginning of Rogue One did nothing to explain where we were in the timeline. Seeing Galen Erso and then jumping to Jyn and then to Cassian and eventually showing us Tarkin really did nothing to get people into Original Star Wars mode if they didn't already know what was going on. I tried to explain it would be leading directly into the original Star Wars movie, but that doesn't help everyone.

The Force Awakens was WORSE in my opinion. We go ZERO explanation as to what had happened and even I was confused as to the government blowing up and where the First Order had come from and Snoke, and why Luke was hiding... I'm very hopeful Ep VIII gives some sort of backstory... of any kind.

Also hoping the next stand alone either doesn't need to connect to the timeline really or is just a little smaller in scale.

SECOND: Rebels Ends... new cartoon has to be in the ST era. Fleshing out anything in this era onscreen would be a great idea. I'd like to see them focus on Maz. Personally I'd like to see a "Tales of Maz's Castle" sort of anthology cartoon... but that's not going to happen. I series of adventures for existing characters would be good though. We don't need Kannan and Ezra 2.0. Use Quiggold and the "Crimson Corsair"... that could be fun.
As fans, we forget that things that are obvious to us are not so obvious to to the non-fan. People here might think that even if you aren't a fan, how can you not know "this or that" when it is "all over the internet" - except it isn't. You have search for it and unless you are fan you won't be doing that. You'll only see something by chance. And not everyone lives on the internet. There are probably millions of very dedicated fans who don't use sites like this one.

Now, that said, personally I don't understand how "this takes place just before the original one" isn't enough of an explanation for someone who has seen the other movies, but then if everyone was as interested as us, nothing important would get done. :p

Regarding Rogue One, a prologue sequence set years in the past is common enough in movies. And strictly speaking we aren't suppose to know when in the timeline the story is actually taking place because were aren't supposed to know that Jyn will have a change of heart and inspire others to follow her and Leia's appearance at the is supposed to be a surprise - if you follow mu=y meaning.

Regarding TFA, we don't need to know the detailed backstory of what has happened up to this point. It is important to the story we are being told right the and there. We did't get any backstory at all for A New Hope in 1977. It too was not relevant. Lucasfilm knows we what it though, and they are using other media to tell us about it. Episode VIII & IX will drop more hints and will tell us everything we need to about Luke and Snoke in order to understand the Sequel Trilogy. any details not vital to the story will be let to novels, comics, etc. as always.

Regarding the next animated series, the Sequel Era seems the obvious choice because the ST is the current flagship of the franchise so why not expand the story. Plus, there is more freedom because they would be working within a setting where certain events are already established. And I'm sure Filoni would like a bee from the whole "but (insert name) has to die because he/she isn't in such and such" :wtf: Plus they'd be able get for ST movie characters like those folks on Takodana and maybe get Ridley, Christie, etc. to voice their characters in guest roles.

I was also thinking that a series focused on Ben Solo might be possible but tat territory might be too dark - even if they sort out with him as child they'd have to take us up to Snoke getting influence on him and turning him against the Jedi - otherwise what it the point. And although TCW and Rebels both start out innocent they have got darker as the season pass and the kids they are aimed at get older. Based on what Filoni said at the panel, I'd expect his next series will also start out the same and grow with the target age group. Ben Solo seems like too grim a subject.

Reaction score
Agreed if I was to guess-the ST era will be the era of the new show. I think it's gotta be obvious Ezra & Kanan have to be gone, if the OT films are to retain their logic, Luke has to be the last once Yoda drops (Leia is still unaware), none of this hiding or undiscovered padawan nonsense, and same w/ the Freemakers too-but I think LEGO getsa free pass -they can do whatever, even if they make an effort to connect, it's frikken LEGO!, not a huge fan overall, just silly fun to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As fans, we forget that things that are obvious to us are not so obvious to to the non-fan. People here might think that even if you aren't a fan, how can you not know "this or that" when it is "all over the internet" - except it isn't. You have search for it and unless you are fan you won't be doing that. You'll only see something by chance. And not everyone lives on the internet. There are probably millions of very dedicated fans who don't use sites like this one.

Now, that said, personally I don't understand how "this takes place just before the original one" isn't enough of an explanation for someone who has seen the other movies, but then if everyone was as interested as us, nothing important would get done. :p

Regarding Rogue One, a prologue sequence set years in the past is common enough in movies. And strictly speaking we aren't suppose to know when in the timeline the story is actually taking place because were aren't supposed to know that Jyn will have a change of heart and inspire others to follow her and Leia's appearance at the is supposed to be a surprise - if you follow mu=y meaning.

Regarding TFA, we don't need to know the detailed backstory of what has happened up to this point. It is important to the story we are being told right the and there. We did't get any backstory at all for A New Hope in 1977. It too was not relevant. Lucasfilm knows we what it though, and they are using other media to tell us about it. Episode VIII & IX will drop more hints and will tell us everything we need to about Luke and Snoke in order to understand the Sequel Trilogy. any details not vital to the story will be let to novels, comics, etc. as always.

I think we agree on the importance of timeline and that just because WE know what is going on, it doesn't mean everyone figures it out quite as quickly. I wasn't saying that I didn't like the prologue sequence in Rogue One. In fact, I thought Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie to come out since 1983. I was just pointing out that the movie did jump around quite a bit and could have been taxing for a non-Star Wars fan to follow. I don't like having everything spelled out, but some could have used a little more spoon feeding.

I also understand that the original Star Wars movie didn't have any backstory and that it was fleshed out in some novels and additional content. HOWEVER, (and this is a big however) TFA had almost 40 actual years of story behind it. The jump from ROTJ and TFA was supposedly 30 years in Star Wars time. Like the original Star Wars movie, it brought up SOOOO many questions. Unlike the original, we knew several of the characters and had a lot of information on what the galaxy, the jedi, the Empire, and everything was like.. so there were expectations. My disappointment with TFA was that it didn't really meet very many of my expectations AND it connected very little to what we knew from ROTJ.

This is why I want these Anthology films to stop being centered around characters and details we know... OR make them loosely related. Obi Wan was on Tatooine between Ep III and IV... GO>

Reaction score
I think we agree on the importance of timeline and that just because WE know what is going on, it doesn't mean everyone figures it out quite as quickly. I wasn't saying that I didn't like the prologue sequence in Rogue One. In fact, I thought Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie to come out since 1983. I was just pointing out that the movie did jump around quite a bit and could have been taxing for a non-Star Wars fan to follow. I don't like having everything spelled out, but some could have used a little more spoon feeding.

Are you talking the number of different planets?

I also understand that the original Star Wars movie didn't have any backstory and that it was fleshed out in some novels and additional content. HOWEVER, (and this is a big however) TFA had almost 40 actual years of story behind it. The jump from ROTJ and TFA was supposedly 30 years in Star Wars time. Like the original Star Wars movie, it brought up SOOOO many questions. Unlike the original, we knew several of the characters and had a lot of information on what the galaxy, the jedi, the Empire, and everything was like.. so there were expectations. My disappointment with TFA was that it didn't really meet very many of my expectations AND it connected very little to what we knew from ROTJ.

It wasn't relevant to understanding the story of TFA though. It didn't matter at the time where Snoke came from, how long Luke has been missing, etc.

They only had 2 and a bit hours in which to tell the story and it is more important to develop the new characters. Abrams wasn't making a movie for fans, he was making it for as many people possible and people in the "casual audience" aren't invested in the history of the NewReuplic, etc.

This is why I want these Anthology films to stop being centered around characters and details we know... OR make them loosely related. Obi Wan was on Tatooine between Ep III and IV... GO>

I don't understand. We only have details on two anthology films and one those, Rogue One, was about a bunch of brand new characters and an event about which we knew nothing. The other is about a character know in story about a time of which we know nothing.

That is a to of w details.

Does "GO>" mean you want a Kenobi movies?

Reaction score
Are you talking the number of different planets?
Nope

It wasn't relevant to understanding the story of TFA though. It didn't matter at the time where Snoke came from, how long Luke has been missing, etc.

They only had 2 and a bit hours in which to tell the story and it is more important to develop the new characters. Abrams wasn't making a movie for fans, he was making it for as many people possible and people in the "casual audience" aren't invested in the history of the NewReuplic, etc.
Setting aside Abrams motivations and abilities to tell a story...

I get that we don't have time for 30 years of a history lesson, but even the original Star Wars gave us lines of exposition that gave us some idea of where we were in the story. Ben telling Luke about his father. Tarkin talking about the Emperor desolving the senate. Luke wanting to go to the academy. Leia's speech about serving her father in the Clone Wars. These lines of dialogue may seem trivial, but they set up everything and show us character motivations.

Find that in TFA... JJ had the Rebellion, Empire, Jedi, lots of other things to build on and instead made the Resistance, First Order, and whatever it was that blew up with no rhyme or reason for those new things existing... and expected the opening crawl to give us all we need.
Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his
absense, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the
ashes of the Empire and will not rest until
Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.
With the support of the REPUBLIC, General
Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is
desperate to find her brother Luke and gain
his help in restoring peace and justice to
the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret
mission to Jakku, where an old ally has
discovered a clue to Luke's whereabouts....

30 years of Star Wars right there^

\
I don't understand. We only have details on two anthology films and one those, Rogue One, was about a bunch of brand new characters and an event about which we knew nothing. The other is about a character know in story about a time of which we know nothing.

That is a to of w details.

Does "GO>" mean you want a Kenobi movies?
an event about which we knew nothing... except exactly what happens and how it ends. I mean... you knew they were getting the Death Star plans right? I loved Rogue One, so I'm not going to disparage that film. I was happy to see it play out, but I just want new Star Wars that doesn't rely on Han Solo or a Death Star.

and Yes... Go means Go make a Kenobi movie. YES I realize that is contradictory to what I said before. Also yes, I believe they can do a western style Obi Wan movie with Ewan McGregor that could be amazing and have no ties to anything else that is going on in the Star Wars Universe... just a little story set on the backwater world of Tatooine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So what is then?

What is the "jump around quite a bit and could have been taxing for a non-Star Wars fan to follow."?

Setting aside Abrams motivations and abilities to tell a story...

I get that we don't have time for 30 years of a history lesson, but even the original Star Wars gave us lines of exposition that gave us some idea of where we were in the story. Ben telling Luke about his father. Tarkin talking about the Emperor desolving the senate. Luke wanting to go to the academy. Leia's speech about serving her father in the Clone Wars. These lines of dialogue may seem trivial, but they set up everything and show us character motivations.

Find that in TFA... JJ had the Rebellion, Empire, Jedi, lots of other things to build on and instead made the Resistance, First Order, and whatever it was that blew up with no rhyme or reason for those new things existing... and expected the opening crawl to give us all we need.
Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his
absense, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the
ashes of the Empire and will not rest until
Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.
With the support of the REPUBLIC, General
Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is
desperate to find her brother Luke and gain
his help in restoring peace and justice to
the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret
mission to Jakku, where an old ally has
discovered a clue to Luke's whereabouts....

30 years of Star Wars right there^
That opening crawl gives penalty of information - as does Poe's scene with Lor San Tekka, Han telling Rey & Finn about Luke, Rey's vision and conversation with Maz and all of Han & Leia's scenes. All those moments give the same amount of explanation that we had in 1977 to understand the story of of the movie we were watching. Abrams and Kasdan's job was to make a movie for as large an audience as possible. nt just for Star Wars fans. We are told everything we need to know, future films will reveal more and f anyone wants to learn what happened in the previous three decades then that will be available too in other media..

an event about which we knew nothing... except exactly what happens and how it ends. I mean... you knew they were getting the Death Star plans right? I loved Rogue One, so I'm not going to disparage that film. I was happy to see it play out, but I just want new Star Wars that doesn't rely on Han Solo or a Death Star.
No, you knew that the plans would end up in Lea's hands and that the theft would involve a space battle, but you knew nothing else - not who the Rebel agents were, what they actually did to get the pans or what came of them.

and Yes... Go means Go make a Kenobi movie. YES I realize that is contradictory to what I said before. Also yes, I believe they can do a western style Obi Wan movie with Ewan McGregor that could be amazing and have no ties to anything else that is going on in the Star Wars Universe... just a little story set on the backwater world of Tatooine.
So why is a Kenobi movie okay? Do't we already know what happens?

Reaction score
As fans, we forget that things that are obvious to us are not so obvious to to the non-fan.
Heck, I've been asked what's going on when it's the first time viewing for me too! That's what gets a laugh out of me. lol
I'm like, IDK we just saw it happen at the exact same time. :wtf:

Personally, I've never understood the confusion thing. There have been several movies that were confusing, but that's what is great about home Video!
Ever watch DUNE?!

I can see where R1 could throw people a curve ball, especially if not a Fan. But how is any more confusing than Gone With the Wind, or Thorn Birds etc.?

IMO, hiring new actor to portray old favorite will be confusing...

Maybe in another 15-25 years, it won't matter so much. But having TFA recently, using the same guy, but them two years later it's a totally different actor. o-o

Reaction score
Heck, I've been asked what's going on when it's the first time viewing for me too! That's what gets a laugh out of me. lol

Personally, I've never understood the confusion thing. There have been several movies that were confusing, but that's what is great about home Video!
Ever watch DUNE?!

I can see where R1 could throw people a curve ball, especially if not a Fan. But how is any more confusing than Gone With the Wind, or Thorn Birds etc.?

Maybe in another 15-25 years, it won't matter so much. But having TFA recently, using the same guy, but them two years later it's a totally different actor. o-o
Yes, it it really that hard to grasp that Batman Begins is a different Batman to the last time.

How can Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and Rogue One A Star Wars Story possibly cause confusion?:wtf:

And witnessing the confusion Young Han Solo will cause will be gas. :rolleyes:

Reaction score

Ever watch DUNE?!

The answer is Star Wars.

Everyone has seen the movie or seen pop culture references to it. Let's say, for example, that you know the main characters and recognize actors but don't really follow all the details. If you are looking for things you know that are "Star Warsy" in Rogue One, you got small glimpses of things that seemed vaguely familiar, but not quite the same.

You see a Death Star... is that the same one they blew up? That's not what that other one looked like when the were building it. Oh... there were 2 of them?

You see guys the sort of look like stormtroopers... but you see "sort of stormtroopers" in every movie. Weren't their helmets different in The Force Awakens?

You see a couple "rebels"... are these guys related to Luke or Rey? ... Hey... what's Jimmy Smits doing in here, I thought he was in the other trilogy?

You see Vader... is that Vader's house? Is that the lava planet where he was nearly killed? Why'd he go back there?

You see Forrest Whitaker and a squid monster.... WTF???

You see a jedi... wait, he's not a jedi? So Chinese martial artists are in Star Wars now?

You see 10 different planets... Krennic has to fly to each place and conveniently show up everywhere Jyn and Co. are?

I'm not saying that this movie is more complex or more confusing than other movies might be... but it's like anything else... you don't typically pick up a TV series in the middle. Why do you think shows do that little montage at the beginning of a show "last time on___________". You don't get all the little references either, which sometimes help an awful lot.

Reaction score
So what is then?

What is the "jump around quite a bit and could have been taxing for a non-Star Wars fan to follow."?
I'm just referring to what was said by my family upon exiting the theater. I believe it was the Jyn prologue, Jyn in prison, Cassian on asteroid, both on Yavin, fly to Jedha, fly to Eadu, Krennic in prologue, Krennic on Death Star, Krennic at Vader's house, Krennic on Eadu, Everyone ends up on Scarif. It jumped around quite a bit. The original Star Wars was very cut and dry and sequential. As soon as you saw Luke, you knew who he was. In the first scene you see Cassian he shoots an ally.
I personally believe if you just kept in mind that the point was going to be the death star plans, you should have been fine.

That opening crawl gives penalty of information - as does Poe's scene with Lor San Tekka, Han telling Rey & Finn about Luke, Rey's vision and conversation with Maz and all of Han & Leia's scenes. All those moments give the same amount of explanation that we had in 1977 to understand the story of of the movie we were watching. Abrams and Kasdan's job was to make a movie for as large an audience as possible. nt just for Star Wars fans. We are told everything we need to know, future films will reveal more and f anyone wants to learn what happened in the previous three decades then that will be available too in other media..
Lor San Tekka is himself an enigma. Han told us stuff we as an audience already knew (unless you are referring to where the Falcon's been... which had no real bearing on the movie). Rey's vision didn't tell us anything concrete. Han and Leia's scenes actually gave us an idea of what happened to Kylo Ren... and I agree that we should get more information in future films. That opening crawl only tells you what is painfully obvious. There is a new empire and a new rebellion (named the Resistance which makes no sense) and Luke is not around but everyone wants to find him for some reason.

No, you knew that the plans would end up in Lea's hands and that the theft would involve a space battle, but you knew nothing else - not who the Rebel agents were, what they actually did to get the pans or what came of them.

So why is a Kenobi movie okay? Do't we already know what happens?

So now we're splitting hairs... We knew WHAT in Rogue One but not HOW. We know WHERE with Kenobi but not WHAT.

I feel the difference is that Rogue One put you in a situation where you couldn't ignore certain other events or characters. You couldn't really do Rogue One without a Death Star, Darth Vader, Leia, Tarkin, Bail Organa, Death Star plans being beamed aboard the Tantive, Tantive Rebels in their funky white hats, Star Destroyers, X-wings, Tie Fighters, Stormtroopers, and a hidden base.

An Obi Wan movie only requires that Obi Wan be on Tatooine. And technically he could go anywhere else... but I wouldn't.

Reaction score
Okay, I can kind of see your point. But if confusion was a big issue, why do the Transformer movies continue to rake in billions? Those movies are a collage of scattered mess.

At some point though, Movies should be enjoyed as something that doesn't need to be explained. Yes, there's always going to be people who break it down. Or have to be Sherlock Holmes with the story. And that's fine, its one way of watching. I do it as well sometimes.

But if I'm to understand that it truly is an issue. Then it means all these people are just going to watch a movie that have no idea what's going on, or understand any of it. Why go? If I want to be confused, or at a loss to what's going on. I can stay home and watch Telenovelas, or Chinese news channel for free.

Reaction score
Okay, I can kind of see your point. But if confusion was a big issue, why do the Transformer movies continue to rake in billions? Those movies are a collage of scattered mess.

At some point though, Movies should be enjoyed as something that doesn't need to be explained. Yes, there's always going to be people who break it down. Or have to be Sherlock Holmes with the story. And that's fine, its one way of watching. I do it as well sometimes.

But if I'm to understand that it truly is an issue. Then it means all these people are just going to watch a movie that have no idea what's going on, or understand any of it. Why go? If I want to be confused, or at a loss to what's going on. I can stay home and watch Telenovelas, or Chinese news channel for free.

My statements about confusion have been overblown (by me also). I just feel like Star Wars has become so big that there is certainly a degree of homework that should be done before going to the movies IF you want to get it entirely. The movies are just fine on their own to me.

Everything that is part of a series or ongoing universe has that though. The MCU, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, even Transformers. If you don't know anything about Transformers, they're just a bunch of big metal robots that can turn into things.

I don't have a concept for what that would look like in terms of Star Wars as I've consumed everything I can in this universe.

Reaction score
It's true to an extent the average movie going audience it ignorant to the detail, that someone who invests more time and energy on it. So I can see the confusion for some people, but I find it an insult for Hollywood to just assume people are and "dumb down" stuff.

Reaction score
The answer is Star Wars.

Everyone has seen the movie or seen pop culture references to it. Let's say, for example, that you know the main characters and recognize actors but don't really follow all the details. If you are looking for things you know that are "Star Warsy" in Rogue One, you got small glimpses of things that seemed vaguely familiar, but not quite the same.

You see a Death Star... is that the same one they blew up? That's not what that other one looked like when the were building it. Oh... there were 2 of them?

You see guys the sort of look like stormtroopers... but you see "sort of stormtroopers" in every movie. Weren't their helmets different in The Force Awakens?

You see a couple "rebels"... are these guys related to Luke or Rey? ... Hey... what's Jimmy Smits doing in here, I thought he was in the other trilogy?

You see Vader... is that Vader's house? Is that the lava planet where he was nearly killed? Why'd he go back there?

You see Forrest Whitaker and a squid monster.... WTF???

You see a jedi... wait, he's not a jedi? So Chinese martial artists are in Star Wars now?

You see 10 different planets... Krennic has to fly to each place and conveniently show up everywhere Jyn and Co. are?

I'm not saying that this movie is more complex or more confusing than other movies might be... but it's like anything else... you don't typically pick up a TV series in the middle. Why do you think shows do that little montage at the beginning of a show "last time on___________". You don't get all the little references either, which sometimes help an awful lot.
There has been two Death Stars since 1983. Why does anyone need to be related to Luke or Rey? Why is Vader's real estate an issue? What is wrong with Forrest Whittaker and an alien creature being in the movie? Star Wars has had martial arts since 1999 and it is stated quite cleary Chirrut is not a Jedi. Indiana Jones and James Bond receive no complaints for their many locations per movie.

"This Star Wars movie is not about Luke Skywalker or anything related to to The Force Awakens. It takes place after the Prequels and just before the beginning of the original 1977 movie. It is based on that little moment i the opening crawl that tells us Rebel spies have just stolen the Death Star plans"

If something like that isn't enough to explain it to a "casual viewer", then I don't know what more Disney or Lucasfilm could do - there is only so much explaining the can do. You said earlier that people need to be "spoon feed" more - no, they do not need that. They expect be to spoon fed. If that simple explanation of Rogue One is not sufficient to put to rest confusion, then the presence of Jimmy Smits and different types of helmets is hardly likely get noticed. In which case, a person is just not into Star Wars in that way so thy should just watch it as a movie it it's own right. A massive portion of an audience is thee to "just watch a movie" - that is why Lucasfilm, Marvel, James Bond, etc. don't bog themselves down in explaining the whys and wherefores.

And as to the "previously on...", I can't comment on why the US networks do that. Why do they use canned laughter? Why do they black up a big portion of the screen with the name of the next show? And why do their promos show spoilers what is obviously big moments in the next episode?

Due to customer feedback from mainly Europe, Netflix has added an option to skip the weekly recaps.

Reaction score
I'm just referring to what was said by my family upon exiting the theater. I believe it was the Jyn prologue, Jyn in prison, Cassian on asteroid, both on Yavin, fly to Jedha, fly to Eadu, Krennic in prologue, Krennic on Death Star, Krennic at Vader's house, Krennic on Eadu, Everyone ends up on Scarif. It jumped around quite a bit. The original Star Wars was very cut and dry and sequential. As soon as you saw Luke, you knew who he was. In the first scene you see Cassian he shoots an ally.
I personally believe if you just kept in mind that the point was going to be the death star plans, you should have been fine.
Yes, like I said above people should just watch a movie as a movie in it's own right.

The locations "jump about" no more differently than an Indiana Jones or James Bond movie. I don't see the difficulty because they put the names for nearly all the locations on screen. And I don't see how Cassian murdering his informant causes confusion - it is his first scene and it not stated he is a "good guy" or "bad guy". It later explains he sometimes does things.

Lor San Tekka is himself an enigma. Han told us stuff we as an audience already knew (unless you are referring to where the Falcon's been... which had no real bearing on the movie). Rey's vision didn't tell us anything concrete. Han and Leia's scenes actually gave us an idea of what happened to Kylo Ren... and I agree that we should get more information in future films. That opening crawl only tells you what is painfully obvious. There is a new empire and a new rebellion (named the Resistance which makes no sense) and Luke is not around but everyone wants to find him for some reason.
Lor San Tekka is meant to be enigmatic, but he tells us a lot. He is an old friend of the heroes and wants the region brought back.

Han is not telling the audience what they "already knew"* - because this is the first mention in the movie that Luke had started a new generation of Jedi and was betrayed by a student - he then offers a possible explanation for where he went.

Rey's vision isn't meant to be concrete but it shows the Jedi massacre and her abandonment.

I'm not saying they "should" give more information in future films, I'm saying they will.

How is the opening crawl telling us the "painfully obvious"? It is the start of the movie and the audience knows nothing at that point.*

It is only "obvious" and "already known" if you already been following the production and marketing, but you are talking about explaining it o the "casual audience" and filling in the historical details for fans. Well. the "casual audience member" doesn't always follow the movie news so nothing is obvious. As to filling in the historical details for longtime fans - i think you are misremembering what A New Hope is like in regards to background information of "what has gone before". I think you believe it is more detailed than it really is because now you know Star Wars so well.

So now we're splitting hairs... We knew WHAT in Rogue One but not HOW. We know WHERE with Kenobi but not WHAT.

I feel the difference is that Rogue One put you in a situation where you couldn't ignore certain other events or characters. You couldn't really do Rogue One without a Death Star, Darth Vader, Leia, Tarkin, Bail Organa, Death Star plans being beamed aboard the Tantive, Tantive Rebels in their funky white hats, Star Destroyers, X-wings, Tie Fighters, Stormtroopers, and a hidden base.

An Obi Wan movie only requires that Obi Wan be on Tatooine. And technically he could go anywhere else... but I wouldn't.
I don't think this is "slitting hairs". I just don't see why you'd think, in the area of characters and events which have "already happened" that a Kenboi movie gets a pass as something new, whereas a time in Han Solo's life and the theft of the Death Star - details of which we know nothing about until the release of the new movies - is stuff we already know about.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'm confused by the confusion. :p

Reaction score
My statements about confusion have been overblown (by me also).
How have I "overblown" it?:confused:

I just feel like Star Wars has become so big that there is certainly a degree of homework that should be done before going to the movies IF you want to get it entirely. The movies are just fine on their own to me.
If someone wants to get into a franchise like Star Wars "entirely" then of course it is going to take a bit of work. I don't see a reason for complaint in that. No one is making a person do it.

Everything that is part of a series or ongoing universe has that though. The MCU, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, even Transformers. If you don't know anything about Transformers, they're just a bunch of big metal robots that can turn into things.

I don't have a concept for what that would look like in terms of Star Wars as I've consumed everything I can in this universe.
The Marvel movies have been designed to both stand on their own or be part of a bigger picture, but a franchise exists because people want franchises. You either follow it or you don't.

It's true to an extent the average movie going audience it ignorant to the detail, that someone who invests more time and energy on it. So I can see the confusion for some people, but I find it an insult for Hollywood to just assume people are and "dumb down" stuff.
Are you referring here to the the Transformers live action series?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think this is "slitting hairs". I just don't see why you'd think, in the area of characters and events which have "already happened" that a Kenboi movie gets a pass as something new, whereas a time in Han Solo's life and the theft of the Death Star - details of which we know nothing about until the release of the new movies - is stuff we already know about.

Everything we know about Ben Kenobi while he was on Tatooine: He learned some things about "Sand People". He was going to commune with Qui Gon and apparently learned how to become one with the force. He aged. He had some experience with Mos Eisley.
Everything we know about Han Solo before ANH: Kessel Run. Met Chewbacca and he owes a life debt (possibly as outlined in a novel... but maybe not). Has experience with a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell. Is a smuggler. Dropped a shipment that was meant for Jabba. Has a price on his head. Won the MF from Lando. Has some experience with Lando as a friend. Possibly already knows Maz? Doesn't believe in the force. From Corellia.

I'm sure there are plenty more details that we know about Han... if they don't show us MOST of this stuff, I'll be pleasantly surprised because I'm assuming the movie will show us ALL of this and probably pick some other details some have read in novels.

While I'm not against seeing this play out on screen... I'd like to see something I don't already have a lot of information about.

As far as Rogue One... I played out pretty much that exact plot with action figures 100's of times as a kid. WHICH IS AWESOME... but is certainly not int he category of not knowing anything until it's released. (no I didn't have all my figures killed by a death star, so I'll give you that one)

Reaction score
How have I "overblown" it?:confused:

If someone wants to get into a franchise like Star Wars "entirely" then of course it is going to take a bit of work. I don't see a reason for complaint in that. No one is making a person do it.

The Marvel movies have been designed to both stand on their own or be part of a bigger picture, but a franchise exists because people want franchises. You either follow it or you don't.
Dude... you are exhausting.

I made two points that are relevant to this thread and have been stuck in circular logic h e l l. If I say Star Wars can be confusing for those that aren't as well versed as we are, you respond with, "it's not any more confusing than X, Y or Z". If I say i want to see something different, don't try to refute what I want... a debate works when both sides are attempting to gain some sort of understanding. Your points above are aggravating. If you have issues with interacting with people in real life, this is why.

I will admit I made some general statements that may or may not entirely make sense. I'm not interested in right and wrong. I like discussion about topics, however trivial, that interest me.

Reaction score
Everything we know about Ben Kenobi while he was on Tatooine: He learned some things about "Sand People". He was going to commune with Qui Gon and apparently learned how to become one with the force. He aged. He had some experience with Mos Eisley.
Everything we know about Han Solo before ANH: Kessel Run. Met Chewbacca and he owes a life debt (possibly as outlined in a novel... but maybe not). Has experience with a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell. Is a smuggler. Dropped a shipment that was meant for Jabba. Has a price on his head. Won the MF from Lando. Has some experience with Lando as a friend. Possibly already knows Maz? Doesn't believe in the force. From Corellia.

I'm sure there are plenty more details that we know about Han... if they don't show us MOST of this stuff, I'll be pleasantly surprised because I'm assuming the movie will show us ALL of this and probably pick some other details some have read in novels.

While I'm not against seeing this play out on screen... I'd like to see something I don't already have a lot of information about.

As far as Rogue One... I played out pretty much that exact plot with action figures 100's of times as a kid. WHICH IS AWESOME... but is certainly not int he category of not knowing anything until it's released. (no I didn't have all my figures killed by a death star, so I'll give you that one)
Ord Mantell was pre-TESB, not pre-A New Hope. As to the rest, if those who believe Lucasfim are planning a Han Solo are correct, it would be very foolish to use up all those trivia bits in one film. If there is only going to be one film, and they do use all of those in one way or another, then Kasdan has lost his touch.

I asked why you think Rogue One is a "we knew all that already" and Kenobi is not. You've mentioned the little we know/can guess of Kenobi on Tatooine. This is a lot more than we ever knew about stealing the Death Star plans.

I don't see how it is possible that you thought out that "almost exact plot". This feels like an attempt to avoid answering the question. Why, I do not know.

Dude... you are exhausting.

I made two points that are relevant to this thread and have been stuck in circular logic h e l l. If I say Star Wars can be confusing for those that aren't as well versed as we are, you respond with, "it's not any more confusing than X, Y or Z". If I say i want to see something different, don't try to refute what I want... a debate works when both sides are attempting to gain some sort of understanding. Your points above are aggravating. If you have issues with interacting with people in real life, this is why.

I will admit I made some general statements that may or may not entirely make sense. I'm not interested in right and wrong. I like discussion about topics, however trivial, that interest me.
You made a statements a public forum - I have both agreed and disagreed with you along the way. I never said anything you posted "didn't make sense". And it has nothing to do with "right or wrong".

I agreed that as fans we often miss what can be confusing to others, I stated how with a bit of effort the confusion can be wiped away and I asked how Rogue One is an event we already know about and how a Kenobi movie would be less so.

I did not get snarky nor attempt to make things personal. The fact that you have become so sensitive, about topics you raised, makes your attempts to insult me incredibly ironic. I'm not interested in trading jibes.

Shall we get back to an actual discuss or is that too much to ask here?

Reaction score
Ord Mantell was pre-TESB, not pre-A New Hope. As to the rest, if those who believe Lucasfim are planning a Han Solo are correct, it would be very foolish to use up all those trivia bits in one film. If there is only going to be one film, and they do use all of those in one way or another, then Kasdan has lost his touch.

I asked why you think Rogue One is a "we knew all that already" and Kenobi is not. You've mentioned the little we know/can guess of Kenobi on Tatooine. This is a lot more than we ever knew about stealing the Death Star plans.

I don't see how it is possible that you thought out that "almost exact plot". This feels like an attempt to avoid answering the question. Why, I do not know.
Google Han Solo Movie Cast and you'll see that it is happening and Lando is in it. The likelihood of them doing most if not all of the things I listed are pretty good.

If you couldn't guess that in Rogue One there would be a small rebel group going and stealing the Death Star Plans and getting them to Princess Leia, then you didn't pay much attention to the opening crawl of A New Hope on which the movie is based. Imagination is a beautiful thing. I already discussed why Kenobi is different than Rogue One.

You made a statements a public forum - I have both agreed and disagreed with you along the way. I never said anything you posted "didn't make sense". And it has nothing to do with "right or wrong".

I agreed that as fans we often miss what can be confusing to others, I stated how with a bit of effort the confusion can be wiped away and I asked how Rogue One is an event we already know about and how a Kenobi movie would be less so.

I did not get snarky nor attempt to make things personal. The fact that you have become so sensitive, about topics you raised, makes your attempts to insult me incredibly ironic. I'm not interested in trading jibes.

Shall we get back to an actual discuss or is that too much to ask here?

This is exactly why I wrote what I wrote before. Using the, "Why are you so sensitive.... I'm just trying to discuss the topic by asking irritating questions and pointing out irrelevant things all the while feigning total ignorance as to why someone would insult me" defense is the worst kind of debate. I don't know what you get out of it.

Reaction score
Google Han Solo Movie Cast and you'll see that it is happening and Lando is in it. The likelihood of them doing most if not all of the things I listed are pretty good.

The fact that Lando is in the movie is not evidence they are going to do the Kessel Run, the sabbac games, the life debt, etc.. all in the one film.

If you couldn't guess that in Rogue One there would be a small rebel group going and stealing the Death Star Plans and getting them to Princess Leia, then you didn't pay much attention to the opening crawl of A New Hope on which the movie is based. Imagination is a beautiful thing. I already discussed why Kenobi is different than Rogue One.

No, you said "As far as Rogue One... I played out pretty much that exact plot with action figures 100's of times as a kid."

That is NOT playing a game based on the opening crawl like you are saying now.. You claimed we knew the events of Rogue One already, when in actual fact we nothing of the sort.

"Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet."

This tells next to nothing, and doesn't even mention the ground battle.

"Everything we know about Ben Kenobi while he was on Tatooine: He learned some things about "Sand People". He was going to commune with Qui Gon and apparently learned how to become one with the force. He aged. He had some experience with Mos Eisley."

You own words here reveal we know a lot more about Kenobi on Tatooine.

This is exactly why I wrote what I wrote before. Using the, "Why are you so sensitive.... I'm just trying to discuss the topic by asking irritating questions and pointing out irrelevant things all the while feigning total ignorance as to why someone would insult me" defense is the worst kind of debate. I don't know what you get out of it.

No, it is not "exactly what you wrote". And you aren't even reading my posts properly because apparently you think I'm agreeing with you, despite the fact you are upset that I am arguing against what you are saying.

You want Lucasfilm to "spoon feed" the audience. Whereas, I said "I stated how with a bit of effort the confusion can be wiped away" - this a reference to my earlier post that with a little bit of effort (like just paying attention the movie, for example, ) the confused people will be able to follow what is going on.

And you are being overly sensitive, which is why you resorted to trying to insult me. You have even admitted you deliberate attempted to insult me, which suggests you were either trying to get me to just give up or provoke into responding with insults of my own.

I will do neither.

Now, will you agree to set aside the squabbling and just stick with Rogue One/Kenobi/etc, because you still have not explained properly why you think Rogue One was something we already knew in detail, but Kenobi is not - when in fact both were complete mystery until Rogue One was developed.

Reaction score
The fact that Lando is in the movie is not evidence they are going to do the Kessel Run, the sabbac games, the life debt, etc.. all in the one film.
Look up the word likelihood.

No, you said "As far as Rogue One... I played out pretty much that exact plot with action figures 100's of times as a kid."

That is NOT playing a game based on the opening crawl like you are saying now.. You claimed we knew the events of Rogue One already, when in actual fact we nothing of the sort.

"Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet."

This tells next to nothing, and doesn't even mention the ground battle.
How did YOU think they got the plans? There was no such thing as Cell Phones, Internet, etc back then. Logically, there was some sort of group that went into some sort of structure and grabbed some sort of plans. Perhaps you used teleporting and magic... but I was a little more practical. It's not too hard to imagine a scenario very similar to what happened.

"Everything we know about Ben Kenobi while he was on Tatooine: He learned some things about "Sand People". He was going to commune with Qui Gon and apparently learned how to become one with the force. He aged. He had some experience with Mos Eisley."

You own words here reveal we know a lot more about Kenobi on Tatooine.
Again, you are mixing your interrogatives (go look that up too). We know a lot of what the Empire and the Rebellion looked like right before ANH. I'll admit that we know what Tusken Raiders, Jawas and Tatooine look like also. We do not have a how, why or when like we did for Rogue One. We do not have an opening crawl that explains that "while Ben was on Tatooine he took lunch money from Jawas and led a group of Tuskens against Jabba the Hutt. Or that he ran into a rogue jedi (one of the "lost twenty") and had to stop him from eating all the sandwiches in Mos Eisley. I realize you don't want to see a difference between the two (RO and a possible Kenobi movie) but it really is quite different.

No, it is not "exactly what you wrote". And you aren't even reading my posts properly because apparently you think I'm agreeing with you, despite the fact you are upset that I am arguing against what you are saying.

You want Lucasfilm to "spoon feed" the audience. Whereas, I said "I stated how with a bit of effort the confusion can be wiped away" - this a reference to my earlier post that with a little bit of effort (like just paying attention the movie, for example, ) the confused people will be able to follow what is going on.

And you are being overly sensitive, which is why you resorted to trying to insult me. You have even admitted you deliberate attempted to insult me, which suggests you were either trying to get me to just give up or provoke into responding with insults of my own.

I will do neither.

Now, will you agree to set aside the squabbling and just stick with Rogue One/Kenobi/etc, because you still have not explained properly why you think Rogue One was something we already knew in detail, but Kenobi is not - when in fact both were complete mystery until Rogue One was developed.
None of this is accurate in any way.

Reaction score
Look up the word likelihood.
It doesn't matter what words you use, the cast of characters is still not evidence that that any or all of those events will happen in this film.

How did YOU think they got the plans? There was no such thing as Cell Phones, Internet, etc back then. Logically, there was some sort of group that went into some sort of structure and grabbed some sort of plans. Perhaps you used teleporting and magic... but I was a little more practical. It's not too hard to imagine a scenario very similar to what happened.
Are you telling me that is way you can thing of where the Rebels could have stolen the plans during a space battle from a ship carrying the plans? A computer hack? A boarding party?

You are also claiming to played out the plot of the unwilling Imperial scientist, the extremist terrorist faction, the father/daughter story, the factoring of the Rebel council, etc.

Why don't you sue John Knoll for stealing all your ideas?

Again, you are mixing your interrogatives (go look that up too). We know a lot of what the Empire and the Rebellion looked like right before ANH. I'll admit that we know what Tusken Raiders, Jawas and Tatooine look like also. We do not have a how, why or when like we did for Rogue One. We do not have an opening crawl that explains that "while Ben was on Tatooine he took lunch money from Jawas and led a group of Tuskens against Jabba the Hutt. Or that he ran into a rogue jedi (one of the "lost twenty") and had to stop him from eating all the sandwiches in Mos Eisley. I realize you don't want to see a difference between the two (RO and a possible Kenobi movie) but it really is quite different.
Saying there is a difference and explaining the difference are two different things.

Explain exactly what you already new about the mission to steal the Death Star plans before Rogue One came along. Describe how you knew what Death Troopers and Shore Troopers looked liked?

None of this is accurate in any way.
It is because you did say the audience should be "spoon fed" and you did thing I was agreeing with you how to clear up confusion - you even typed it yourself.

And you did make comments in an attempt to insult or provoke me - you admitted it in the previous post when you clao=imed I didn't know why you were trying to insult me.

Now, are you going to continue to be narky or can you be an adult and just talk about Rogue One and Kenobi and actually explain yourself?