SSC Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figures

Reaction score
As much as I love the sculpt, I'm passing on this one and wait for a Last Jedi version of Rey. I'm hoping it's made with a more action style pose and a light up blue Lightsaber.

Reaction score
Oh wow! I just put in the order for her on Saturday, said low stock guess they really meant it.
Yup , I think I must have just missed it. Saw the low stock notification on my way home from Celebration. Went to order the next day , and it's already on waitlist.

Reaction score
Thinking of cancelling mine..
As much as I love the PF figures..
I don't have any more space..
I'm going to have re arrange the office.

Reaction score
Same here ..11-27.
I'm thinking of cancelling it due to space constraints..
Hate losing on the $70 Non refundable deposit..

Reaction score
Hi Alex,
Correct...from the email they sent me back on 11/15:

"Your Rey Premium Format(TM) Figure will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 13 days. Your card will be charged for your order on Tuesday, November 28, 2017."

You getting the exclusive?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very happy with the Rey PF. The only nitpick I have with it is there is a seam in her hair on each side...I guess when making the portrait they had to make the piece of hair that dangles down separate from the rest of the head. Not a deal breaker but if you're looking up close you can see it. The portrait is very lifelike in person and looks even better than the up close pic I took here.

Reaction score
My Rey exclusive is here and proudly in display. I agree and think they’ve done a great job of the face sculpt; I really like it. Looking forward to getting BB8 to go with her....

Reaction score
Got my Rey in and it's a great PF! My only complaint would be with the paint app on the body. Pretty flat. Headsculpt is fantastic and the exclusive helmet is awesome. I'm really glad I was able to pick up the ex. The detail on the helmet is outstanding.

Reaction score
I agree, glad I picked up the exclusive as the helmet finishes it off nicely. Although I do wish the helmet clipped into the base or something as opposed to just sitting by the side. But that really is my only very, very minor complaint.

Reaction score
Good news...just got notice from SS that I'll get charged for BB8 on Dec 29.
Bad news...shipping is $31.62?!? Anyone think that sounds a bit high for the little guy with a small base?

Reaction score
I reached out to SS about the shipping charge. They advised that it's a direct quote from the shipper based on package dimensions and weight. I explained that there is no way this will be the same size and weight as Rey that I just paid $32 to ship and the shipper is probably quoting a minimum in a premium format rate scale that they negotiated. CS agreed to look into it.

Reaction score
I reached out to SS about the shipping charge. They advised that it's a direct quote from the shipper based on package dimensions and weight. I explained that there is no way this will be the same size and weight as Rey that I just paid $32 to ship and the shipper is probably quoting a minimum in a premium format rate scale that they negotiated. CS agreed to look into it.
I had the same discussion with SS and they just wouldn't budge. That's the shipping cost. Period. Take it or leave it.

What's odd is they're packing this little guy (with a tiny base) in a box that's 22x17x13 and I believe they're going with the dimensional weight.

Product Size9" H (228.6mm) x 5" W (127mm) x 6.5" L (165.1mm)*Box Size13.00" H (330.2mm) x 17.00" W (431.8mm) x 22.00" L (558.8mm)*Product Weight2.00 lbs (0.91 kg)*Dimensional Weight22.0000 lbs*

GAT

Reaction score
They are definitely charging based off of dimensional weight. That being said SS really puts it to their customers with shipping. For the amount of parcel shipments they have they should have pretty good negotiated rates compared to what a consumer or other businesses might be able to achieve. I don't know who they use for international but UPS ground for domestic is not the quickest which adds to the frustration when you are always paying $20+ for shipping.

I have sold PF and 1/6 figures on eBay and shipping cost never exceeds $20+. I have started to use third party retailers like Big Bad Toy Store who charge a flat rate of $4.00 for shipping. Unless SS has free shipping or I am using points or a coupon it is always a better deal.

Reaction score
As expected, the production version of BB8 does not have as detailed weathering as the prototype. $300 for a 6" plastic figure (minus base) is tough to swallow. It was hard enough for R2...

Reaction score
Stoked to say the Rey PF EX arrived today. I bought this minus the bb8, mainly because I couldn't warrant the extra spend for a droid that isn't R2D2.

I am over the moon with this piece. 15th PF to the collection and it'll display amongst my favs once I sort out the limited space I have for it.
Recieved the lady Thor just before Christmas, and even though that's an awesome piece in it's own right, with so much more heavy detail than this Rey, I honestly do appreciate this gem more. Perhaps that's got to do with my love for Star Wars.

Sideshow have excelled again in relation to detail and likeness.
The exclusive helmet is a fantastic little piece and semi complements the Anovos helm of the same bought recently.

Edition number 36/500.
Very happy customer.

Reaction score
BB-8 came out great. I'm not a big fan of statues that have light up features as I just take out all batteries before putting a collectible on display but I have to admit that the lights look great here. Very bright and the "touch to turn on/off" is a nice feature for those who will use it. There is a large magnetic ring at the top of his body that lets you place the head pretty much anywhere within reason.

Reaction score
BB-8 came out great. I'm not a big fan of statues that have light up features as I just take out all batteries before putting a collectible on display but I have to admit that the lights look great here. Very bright and the "touch to turn on/off" is a nice feature for those who will use it. There is a large magnetic ring at the top of his body that lets you place the head pretty much anywhere within reason.
Nice pictures, Ben. BB-8 looks great, indeed. Although I do not collect TFA pieces, I like its design and sandy base. I'm sure if my wife sees it she'll love to have it :)

* By the way, I have no idea what its function is, but I also like the green snail on the back of your desk. :)

Reaction score
Nice pictures, Ben. BB-8 looks great, indeed. Although I do not collect TFA pieces, I like its design and sandy base. I'm sure if my wife sees it she'll love to have it :)

* By the way, I have no idea what its function is, but I also like the green snail on the back of your desk. :)
Thanks!
Ha! Wife's snail tape dispenser. :)

Reaction score
I finally broke down and ordered the Rey PF. With the release of The Last Jedi on digital, I watched it and TFA back to back and gained a new level of appreciation for Rey as a character and although I would prefer a TLJ version of Rey I just couldn’t go on with out giving her proper representation in my collection.

Reaction score
...I would prefer a TLJ version of Rey...
I feel the same way. I would own one in a heartbeat. I like Rey being portrayed as a grey Jedi. Cannon or not, I actually find myself in line with the grey Jedi's beliefs & would easily fall into that category if I were to exist in that universe. Nothing wrong with giving someone a little zap with lightning to put them back into place. Hell, there's a ton of people I would love to Force Choke. Okay....maybe I'm leaning more into the dark grey Jedi version lol.