SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Vader

Reaction score
just got a email from SS saying
We have found a Star Wars Darth Vader Mythos Statue for you! Your waitlist reservation for this item is due to become a live order on 2014-04-04

can wait to get it :)

Reaction score
just got a email from SS saying
We have founda Star Wars Darth Vader Mythos Statue for you! Your waitlist reservation for this item is due to become a live order on 2014-04-04

can wait to get it :)
I just got the same email!!! I just got off of the phone with them. I'm so stoked!!!

Reaction score
So I just looked online & seen that the Darth Vader Mythos is now on pre-order with a Q3 2014 release!!?? Can anyone chime in on what's going on here? I thought that they were sold out?

Reaction score
From all reports over the Web the "sell out" is no more and they are taking pre orders again....

I would be very very annoyed if I had gone to the aftermarket and paid inflated prices for this and now it's available again....

Reaction score
Yes.. It seems it is up for pre-order again. Received today in the newsletter, clicked the link, and sure enough it's there, available now. Says the run is for a total of 5000 pieces, has that changed from the first release?

Shifting the goalposts can be annoying in limited runs, but given how quick the first release sold out, who can blame them, it's business..

Edit: Ordered!

Next edit: Curious.. Has anybody ever won a competition within sideshow that lives at an international location? All I ever see are winners from the US, yet I enter everything, as i'm sure most do..

Last edited:
Reaction score
This one & Boba Fett have both been put on several retailers websites as preorders again..., how can that be possible really if they sold them all??? Sounds fishy now to me.

Reaction score
This one & Boba Fett have both been put on several retailers websites as preorders again..., how can that be possible really if they sold them all??? Sounds fishy now to me.

Its the same with the 1:1 C-3PO, the Koto ArtFx Troopers, Boba & Vader, It's a way of making more cash for the most sought after items.

I missed out on Obi Wan Mythos and Boba 1/6 scale due to costs, but i have managed to pre-order both this time round. I have no interest in edition sizes ect, i leave that for those who are keen to have the item increase in value, I just want to be able to obtain one without paying inflated secondary market prices.

Reaction score
I called Sideshow this afternoon & spoke to a rep. I asked her about the pre-order status & she said that they had a wholesaler who cancelled the order or went under & the shipment came back to Sideshow.

Either way, I'm happy as hell!

Reaction score
Sounds like another fake sell out by Sideshow but whatever I'm happy collectors who missed out on the first run get another chance to get this awesome piece.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Gartogg, everything will be fine. The collection will come back to me some day I'm sure :)
It's great news that those who missed out on it have a chance again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its the same with the 1:1 C-3PO, the Koto ArtFx Troopers, Boba & Vader, It's a way of making more cash for the most sought after items.

I missed out on Obi Wan Mythos and Boba 1/6 scale due to costs, but i have managed to pre-order both this time round. I have no interest in edition sizes ect, i leave that for those who are keen to have the item increase in value, I just want to be able to obtain one without paying inflated secondary market prices.
I don't buy to sell either, I think my kids will be the ones having to sell on my collection..., I don't mind parting with Hasbro or Kenner figures but when it comes to my statues & busts, death first comes to mind! lol ;)

Reaction score
We'll after reading through most of this thread, I couldn't resist going to SS and pre-ordering one for myself. I'm excited now! My fiancé snoring next to me with the iPad glow bouncing off her face, won't be as thrilled...

Reaction score
We'll after reading through most of this thread, I couldn't resist going to SS and pre-ordering one for myself. I'm excited now! My fiancé snoring next to me with the iPad glow bouncing off her face, won't be as thrilled...
Congrats, it's a nice statue..., you'll definitely love it. Not sure why there's the wait till the end of the year but I guess they didn't make them all until the first batches had sold!?!

Reaction score
Number 1496 has made it's way to my collection! I was blown away by the sheer size of this thing. The details, everything is just as everyone else has stated. This is my first Sideshow piece & I'm finally apart of the family. Needless to say, I'm now hooked & can't wait to add more to my collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats and nice display. Welcome to the Sideshow side of collecting. My first Sideshow piece was a 1/6 scale Darth Maul. Thought I'll only stick with the 1/6 line but I than moved on to PF's and the mythos line and so on!!!

Reaction score
#1276 now displays within my collection.. Very happy with it but other than the opening of this magnificent piece, the excitement was nowhere near the same as when I opened up my Fett mythos, nor Shaak Ti PF..
Sideshow bug has bitten well.
May not sound like a great deal, but now have 4 PF on display, and another 3 on plans..

International post from the US to Oz took a mere 3 days!!! Great service from Sideshow..

Reaction score
Got mine the other day. Pretty nice. Waiting for my Obi to ship later this year. :-(
One down & one to go is pretty good though right..., Vader is awesome, Obi Wan is my favourite of the 5 statues but Vader is superb regardless of which is best, how are you displaying your statue? I have the helmet with clenched fist, I think it's the best look myself. :)

Reaction score
I got this piece a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. I always planned on displaying it with one of the unmasked portraits but I'm shocked how much I love it with the helmeted look.

Reaction score
I got this piece a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. I always planned on displaying it with one of the unmasked portraits but I'm shocked how much I love it with the helmeted look.
OR you could just buy a second one and not have to worry about changing them :awesome: I put mine together today. HOLY COW! A true work of Darth...I mean...art.

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I FINALLY got my Mythos Vader today!! Great price and one of my grail pieces finally comes into the collection :).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome photos and pieces! I love that you also have a couple of the Classic busts too, which I am a huge fan of. My one suggestion is you should flip the mini busts. Empire should be on Vader's side, Prequels on Maul's side. But otherwise the display looks great :)!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Vader Mythos arrived but has a huge chip on the Vader helmet. Not thrilled but also don't want to return it over this one thing because though not cheap, doubt I get this again at this price. Had the seller just had the helmet covered in plastic it would not have arrived damaged and been rolling around. Very frustrating. I wrote him and showed photos so we'll see what he does.

The damage:

Reaction score
Just an update, the seller did refund me $100 and was very sorry so it was at the very least a good deal.

Reaction score
That’s something positive at least, the chip definitely sucks but at least it doesn’t detract from the visual effect when looking at it from other angles, hopefully you can fix it or find someone who can as I think that’s the best pose (it's how I have mine displayed anyway). :)

Reaction score
That’s something positive at least, the chip definitely sucks but at least it doesn’t detract from the visual effect when looking at it from other angles, hopefully you can fix it or find someone who can as I think that’s the best pose (it's how I have mine displayed anyway). :)
Yeah, lemons out of lemonade and all that :). I agree this is the best and only pose I want to have it in so in that respect it does suck.

I haven't tried fixing it yet as I have other things going on but at some point I need to get to it. I have it in kind of a shaded corner so to be honest by the time I get off work you can't see it, but that won't be the case forever.

Reaction score
Mythos Fett is one of my fav statues. Vader is nice too, but too much orange

Reaction score
To each their own, my Vader's orange hues are perfect and I think it's what makes the statue unique. Outside of the McQuarrie Vader this is my favorite Vader statue out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Obi Wan was my surprise favourite out of all 5 Mythos statues, I love them all of course & fully expected Vader to be the ultimate statue out of the lot (last released too) but when I lined them all up Obi Wan just stood out as that much more special..., when I decided to downsize my collection the Mythos statues were never even in my head as something to be parted with, I have Shaak Ti displayed with the statues too as I’ve always felt the premium format statue of her looks different enough to warrant being part of the Mythos gang..., the only other bigger item I’ve kept is the premium format of Darth Malgus, I preordered the exclusive at the time & even though just a computer game character really, there’s no denying how awesome the statue turned out plus I felt there should be balance within my collection, I was keeping a Jedi statue so it only seemed right to keep a Sith too (non Mythos wise).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Obi Wan was my surprise favourite out of all 5 Mythos statues, I love them all of course & fully expected Vader to be the ultimate statue out of the lot (last released too) but when I lined them all up Obi Wan just stood out as that much more special..., when I decided to downsize my collection the Mythos statues were never even in my head as something to be parted with, I have Shaak Ti displayed with the statues too as I’ve always felt the premium format statue of her looks different enough to warrant being part of the Mythos gang..., the only other bigger item I’ve kept is the premium format of Darth Malgus, I preordered the exclusive at the time & even though just a computer game character really, there’s no denying how awesome the statue turned out plus I felt there should be balance within my collection, I was keeping a Jedi statue so it only seemed right to keep a Sith too (non Mythos wise).
Obi Wan is unquestionably the winner of the mythos line. I love my Vader but no question Obi Wan and even Fett are nicer from Mythos. I also really love that Force Unleashed version of Shaak Ti you own as well.