SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Vader

Reaction score
Yeah I have seen this repaint, he did a good job with the paint work, a really good job infact but I think I am going to like the lava effect to be honest, bit different to all the others Vader's out there and IMO really make it jump out at you!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I quite like the look of that statue..., I think it works pretty well, it looks impressive to me anyway. :) I'd not paint my statue, mainly because I don't want to muck it up..., I'm happy with the look of it too BUT if they'd not done all the orange on the statue it still works & it was good to see that. :)

Reaction score
I missed the boat by 1 or 2 weeks on this one. It sucks. Call it corny, but it really spoke to me. I've been on the waiting list. I just hope that they manage to scrounge one up for me!
Finger crossed your WL converts mate, I was completely taken by surprise how fast this sold out, I mean I know there are alot of Vader fans but was shocked he was gone so quick.... I think Obi-Wan and Fett selling g out really put the pressure on people to pull the trigger sooner than later with this one to ensure they didn't miss it.....

I only made it by a week or so

Reaction score
Yeah I have seen this repaint, he did a good job with the paint work, a really good job infact but I think I am going to like the lava effect to be honest, bit different to all the others Vader's out there and IMO really make it jump out at you!!!
That was my thinking too..., I can't honestly see another Vader being made with orange paint on it. I've got a couple of metallic versions & even a pewter effect statue but nothing else as unique as orange glowing effect paint. :)

Reaction score
I was amazed that it sold out so quick as well especially with an edition size of 5k. The quality of the Mythos basically make them the new standard to meet for all other statues.
Not an easy bar to reach IMO.

Reaction score
That was my thinking too..., I can't honestly see another Vader being made with orange paint on it. I've got a couple of metallic versions & even a pewter effect statue but nothing else as unique as orange glowing effect paint. :)
Just one of the reasons I'm such a fan of this line.... taking some risks and thinking outside the box!!! That and the remind me of the Hasbro "Unleashed" line that started my collecting journey.....

Dynamic and different

Reaction score
Finger crossed your WL converts mate, I was completely taken by surprise how fast this sold out, I mean I know there are alot of Vader fans but was shocked he was gone so quick.... I think Obi-Wan and Fett selling g out really put the pressure on people to pull the trigger sooner than later with this one to ensure they didn't miss it.....

I only made it by a week or so
When I kept checking the website, Fett was still available for a short while before it sold out. Darth Maul was the first release & it's still available. I might have to resort to coughing up the extra cash & buy it from another vendor online somewhere. I really do hope my place in line comes up for me to get one!

Reaction score
Just one of the reasons I'm such a fan of this line.... taking some risks and thinking outside the box!!! That and the remind me of the Hasbro "Unleashed" line that started my collecting journey.....

Dynamic and different
It's a pity Hasbro didn't get more into making statues really..., their Vader was supposed to be the first of a new line but it started & finished with him unfortunately, it was a great ROTS Vader statue too in my opinion.

I'm really hoping we'll finally get some more statues in the Mythos line when Sideshow are at SDCC, precyborg Grievous is my top want/hope..., we've seen the artwork so it'd be great to finally see him in statue form. :)

Reaction score
Never fun waiting, especially when it's for months..., glad your wait is nearly over though. :)
Thanks Kev I never thought I would display this any other way than with the helmet off pose but after seeing a lot of pictures with the fist the more I want to change the display for the time being.

As for the repaint, I think the guy did a wonderful job, I actually think he's selling the statue on the freaks board. To be honest I would never mess with this statue, the orange glow was done very nicely and it's what makes this statue very unique IMO.

Reaction score
Thanks Kev I never thought I would display this any other way than with the helmet off pose but after seeing a lot of pictures with the fist the more I want to change the display for the time being.

As for the repaint, I think the guy did a wonderful job, I actually think he's selling the statue on the freaks board. To be honest I would never mess with this statue, the orange glow was done very nicely and it's what makes this statue very unique IMO.
The clenched fist was the only pose for me really, not overly fond of having Vader collectibles without his helmet on (although I do have a few) & as most of my Vader's have light sabres in hand, I tend to opt for no light sabre now if I have a choice, just to add to the variety I guess but the orange glow effect definitely gives the statue the most unique aspect there is (I think). :)

Reaction score
I received my replacement fist and I changed up my display. Something doesn't look right to me almost like the fist doesn't line up correctly. Well I quickly went back with the helmet off display. I just think that's the right pose for me, it makes this statue very special for me. Plus I have many representations of Vader with his helmet on. I even display the life size bust with the helmet on as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wish I had gotten this bad boy.
I think the high edition made people think this will be around for awhile. I still can't believe 5,000 pieces sold out so quickly. Anyway good luck getting one it's definitely worth it, it's such an amazing statue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my replacement fist and I changed up my display. Something doesn't look right to me almost like the fist doesn't line up correctly. Well I quickly went back with the helmet off display. I just think that's the right pose for me, it makes this statue very special for me. Plus I have many representations of Vader with his helmet on. I even display the life size bust with the helmet on as well.
I've got mine posed with the clenched fist & think he looks great..., not a fan of the helmet off look although I've got 2 Gentle Giant mini-busts that cover that for me really, given the choice I'd go for helmet on every time. Got to find what your happy with though, it'd be pointless giving us options if we chose the same thing really. lol ;) Which head are you using?

Reaction score
I've got mine posed with the clenched fist & think he looks great..., not a fan of the helmet off look although I've got 2 Gentle Giant mini-busts that cover that for me really, given the choice I'd go for helmet on every time. Got to find what your happy with though, it'd be pointless giving us options if we chose the same thing really. lol ;) Which head are you using?
The multiple display options make this statue even more special. I use the Sebastian Shaw head, when I think of Vader with his helmet off it's Sebastian all the way. For Obi Wan I use Ewan 99% of the time as that portrait is way to good to have in a box. I love the the way the aging appearance shows in this head sculpt, just brilliant IMO.

Reaction score
The multiple display options make this statue even more special. I use the Sebastian Shaw head, when I think of Vader with his helmet off it's Sebastian all the way. For Obi Wan I use Ewan 99% of the time as that portrait is way to good to have in a box. I love the the way the aging appearance shows in this head sculpt, just brilliant IMO.
I use the Ewan head sculpt on my Obi Wan statue too, it's the best of the 2 options I think & makes the statue more appealing to me. :)

Reaction score
I'm def a Ewan/Obi-wan fan and I have the same display going with his portrait. As for selling the Ob's mythos, I'm getting buried with mine haha; it's my favorite out of the 5. Good luck with finding one, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, no chance of mine going anywhere either..., when I'm dead my kids can do what they want with my collection but whilst I'm alive it's all staying put. ;) Hopefully eBay or Amazon will have something reasonably priced for those still looking, just got to be patient in the mean time I guess.

Reaction score
Should have this by Wednesday and can't wait!!!

Looks like I'm the odd one out with Obi Wan.... Old Ben for me all the way :)

××× Obi Wan pic in a Vader thread??? This guy must be crazy ×××

Reaction score
Nah, Obi Wan knew him nearly all his life & ultimately helped to create the Vader we know & love PLUS he let Vader kill him..., well 'strike him down' so I recon he's got every right to turn up here really. lol ;)

Reaction score
He did warn Vader that if was struck down then he'dd be more powerful than he could ever imagine....even powerful enough to high jack Vader threads!

Reaction score
Finally got the arm woot woot, now to take the box out of the shipper, open it, take out all the inserts, get the different portrait, put away the other portrait and fist, and put the new fist on...may just keep it as is on second thought haha.
SSC should make some kind of a storage case for exclusive portraits and heads that would make them all easily accessible plus secured, I'd buy it :)

Reaction score
Finally got the arm woot woot, now to take the box out of the shipper, open it, take out all the inserts, get the different portrait, put away the other portrait and fist, and put the new fist on...may just keep it as is on second thought haha.
SSC should make some kind of a storage case for exclusive portraits and heads that would make them all easily accessible plus secured, I'd buy it :)
It not flash or fancy looking but I have made up a cardboard box lined with foam and packing beans that I keep all my change out bits in so I don't have to worry about packing and unpacking every time I want to swap out the display....

Reaction score
I just keep it up in a draw that's nice and easy to get too otherwise going through the hassle of boxing/unboxing all the time I would nnever change up the display lol

Reaction score
So received my arm, didn't get to open it till the following day only to find it has a small chip on his gauntlet.
Contacted SSC and another has been sent out for me. Long story short if anyone needs the arm I'll have a spare one with a small chip on it. I colored the chip black and it's not noticeable. Just drop me a PM and I can email you pic as well, just pay the shipping an it's yours.

Reaction score
Need for funds, I have been unemployed for a month now and my cushion is almost gone.
I'll be putting collecting on the back burner for a bit and will pick it back up sometime I'm sure.

Reaction score
Need for funds, I have been unemployed for a month now and my cushion is almost gone.
I'll be putting collecting on the back burner for a bit and will pick it back up sometime I'm sure.
Sorry to here that, hope you find a new job soon.

Reaction score
It's all good and I'm sure I'll be fine. Also when it comes to my collection I'll pick up everything I lost sooner or later, I know I'll pay a premium but I'm alright with that haha.
Thanks Kev I really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this mate like Kev said hope it turns round sooner than later for you bro