SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Vader

Reaction score
I'm assuming the orange is because of the glow of lava BUT I'd prefer no orange myself..., especially on the cloak as I doubt that would reflect the glow of the lava & then there's the helmet, in the art work they suggested the Vader statue would either have the helmet look or the face BUT it the helmet in his hand is just to be put on his head then the orange glow will be on the wrong side!!! :( Ofcourse having said all that I love the detailing on this statue & the battle damage is great..., definitely a top priority purchase for my collection!!! :)

Reaction score
This turned out even better than I had hoped, can't wait to read the story behind it.

Reaction score
Kinda neat, but def wouldn't fit in with my collection. OT only, there's just too much cool stuff, I must place firm restrictions on myself. Even just buying OT it's hard to keep up with.

Reaction score
This line is just great, and this Vader is a must have for me. IMO It's able to capture the entirety of the character in one statue. I feel the same about the Obi-Wan. Great job Sideshow!

Reaction score
Not sure about the orange but the head sculpt is amazing. Also love the pose. This is an instant buy. This line is fantastic!!

Reaction score
I like the orange, and as others have said, the headsculpt is amazing. The helmet looks a little big, but that's probably just me. However, between Kenobi and Fett, this might have to go on the backburner for a bit.

Reaction score
The head sculpt is fantastic but I'm not a fan of the orange and his pose I might not get this one

Reaction score
I will pre-order this on ths first day - love it! I don't mind the orange glow, but agree that perhaps it should only be left on the helmet/armor... you know things that actually reflect light. I don't think the cloth cape for vinyl suit would have the same effect, and thus no orange there.

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the few. I like the orange. It looks like the statue is lighted.

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about this statue is the helmet, the orange stripe needs to be faded or something...

Reaction score
Neal said:
Darth Maul was $250 when the preorder went up. I'm guessing the rest will be in that range.
Thanks Neal. This line has the potential to be the high end equivalent of the hasbro unleashed line. The creativity in both lines is really appealing to me.

Reaction score
I think this looks pretty awesome but I have serious doubts about them matching the paintwork on the piece shown at SDCC to the few thousand pieces that will end up in collector's homes.

Reaction score
When looking at this in person, I really thought (albeit only a few seconds) I really thought the statue was glowing... I looked for lights when I first walked up. Looks MUCH better in person.

Reaction score
I hope Vader is the next one up for pre-order.
I just want to know how much the other 3 statues are going to cost..., with Obi Wan costing $100.00 more than Darth Maul & only being available on the Sideshow website it's made me rethink collecting all of the 5 statues & go back to my focus which is Republic & Imperial troopers with Darth's & clones as an add on, so basically Darth Vader & Boba Fett will now probably be the only Mythos statues I order..., depending on the price though as I'm not fussed on whether I have a 6th Boba Fett BUT I am quite happy to have an 11th Darth Vader (the Darth Maul Mythos statue has already been pre-ordered, so a potential 3 out of the 5 now). :)

Reaction score
I just want to know how much the other 3 statues are going to cost..., with Obi Wan costing $100.00 more than Darth Maul & only being available on the Sideshow website it's made me rethink collecting all of the 5 statues & go back to my focus which is Republic & Imperial troopers with Darth's & clones as an add on, so basically Darth Vader & Boba Fett will now probably be the only Mythos statues I order..., depending on the price though as I'm not fussed on whether I have a 6th Boba Fett BUT I am quite happy to have an 11th Darth Vader (the Darth Maul Mythos statue has already been pre-ordered, so a potential 3 out of the 5 now). :)
The price hike for Obi-Wan was certainly a bit of a gut punch but I think the level of detailing on that with all the weapons and the two human head sculpts will probably make it the celing for this line. I'm hoping Vader will come in closer to the Maul, maybe at $280. :)

Reaction score
The price hike for Obi-Wan was certainly a bit of a gut punch but I think the level of detailing on that with all the weapons and the two human head sculpts will probably make it the celing for this line. I'm hoping Vader will come in closer to the Maul, maybe at $280. :)
I think the next highest priced statue will be Boba Fett, it wouldn't surprise me if that sells for $349.99 too BUT the other 2 should be lower & hopefully significantly lower. :)

Reaction score
I think the next highest priced statue will be Boba Fett, it wouldn't surprise me if that sells for $349.99 too BUT the other 2 should be lower & hopefully significantly lower. :)
With all the weapons on the Boba one I could see it being the next highest but maybe not quite as high as Obi-Wan given the two very different headsculpts and incredible detailiing on the Lightsaber's and other weapons/equipment. $300 perhaps. :D

Reaction score
With all the weapons on the Boba one I could see it being the next highest but maybe not quite as high as Obi-Wan given the two very different headsculpts and incredible detailiing on the Lightsaber's and other weapons/equipment. $300 perhaps. :D
Being cheaper would definitely be much nicer on the wallet..., forgot about the lack of a 2nd head on the Boba Fett statue, hopefully that will make him not so expensive then!!! :)

Reaction score
well if the obi-wan sells briskly at $350 you can bet the others will be close to that or more. maul is still up for pre-order though so perhaps there is hope in regards to the prices.

Reaction score
Being cheaper would definitely be much nicer on the wallet..., forgot about the lack of a 2nd head on the Boba Fett statue, hopefully that will make him not so expensive then!!! :)
Yep, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Obi-Wan to be the priciest by some distance. :D It's interesting that Maul is due in October and Obi-Wan in November, I wonder if they'll have one to be released in December or if the next pre-order will be after Christmas.

Reaction score
I definitely want Vader, but it comes down to price, I can't buy all of these, even though I want them all; not unless I sell a kidney!

Reaction score
I do really like the flame/lava reflections, very dynamic but perhaps just a little bit over the top but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread in person it may be exactly right.... Amazing piece

Reaction score
I do really like the flame/lava reflections, very dynamic but perhaps just a little bit over the top but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread in person it may be exactly right.... Amazing piece
Yes indeed, reflections of lava wouldn't show up on the cloth part of Darth Vader's uniform..., I hope the cloak will end up looking correct when this gets made but either way this is still a very nice looking statue. :)

Reaction score
Wonder if this will include a hand holding the lightsaber
Well I know it comes with an alternative head i.e. a helmet version but I think the alternative hand is a clenched fist..., his light saber is hanging from his belt anyway & Vader never had 2 light sabers. :\

Reaction score
Well I know it comes with an alternative head i.e. a helmet version but I think the alternative hand is a clenched fist..., his light saber is hanging from his belt anyway & Vader never had 2 light sabers. :\
I was hoping it would be removable like Obi Wans looks to be. Still on the fence about this one

Reaction score
I was hoping it would be removable like Obi Wans looks to be. Still on the fence about this one
Interesting, I hadn't looked that closely BUT it may well be removable..., not 100% sure from the above picture(s), hopefully there will be more details about the statue soon though. :)

Reaction score
I hope the if the Lightsaber is detachable that it's magnetic.

Reaction score
I hope the if the Lightsaber is detachable that it's magnetic.
That's a good point & it would make sense if it was..., I don't really like the idea of trying to slide a polystone light saber into a polystone hand as it may cause the paint to come off of both areas (maybe). :\

Reaction score
That's a good point & it would make sense if it was..., I don't really like the idea of trying to slide a polystone light saber into a polystone hand as it may cause the paint to come off of both areas (maybe). :\
Even if the lightsaber on the belt was removable, I doubt it would be sliding into the hand... They would probably just make two interchangable hands, one with the lightsaber and one without.

EDIT: And looking at the first page, the hand that isn't holding the helmet is holding the cape, so I'd be amazed if that's removable. The hand with the helmet may be, but for that to look good with a lightsaber you'd basically need a whole 'nother arm, otherwise the angle would be weird.

Last edited: