SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Maul

Reaction score
Yeah that's like me, after Malgus I won't be able to get anything big for a while and even then I will only have room for a few little pieces. When are you expecting Rex now ? I thought you would of gotten him already.
Well I don't think Rex will be here till April now, the ones I'm waiting on are slowly coming in though, obviously Darth Maul came this week, expecting the 1:6 scale Airborne Trooper figure next week so Rex will either be here at the end of March or early April (according to the retailer anyway). :)

Reaction score
Well I don't think Rex will be here till April now, the ones I'm waiting on are slowly coming in though, obviously Darth Maul came this week, expecting the 1:6 scale Airborne Trooper figure next week so Rex will either be here at the end of March or early April (according to the retailer anyway). :)
That's good then, at least you can expect something pretty much every week and it is kinda fun to wait a little bit knowing you will get an awesome piece.

Reaction score
That's good then, at least you can expect something pretty much every week and it is kinda fun to wait a little bit knowing you will get an awesome piece.
Very true & I'm really looking forward to finally getting the PF Rex though, he is my favourite clone after all so anything new of him is always welcome in my collection. :)

Reaction score
Very true & I'm really looking forward to finally getting the PF Rex though, he is my favourite clone after all so anything new of him is always welcome in my collection. :)
Yeah he does look very good, to be honest was considering getting him myself but don't have the cash at the moment plus there are a couple of other PF's I would like instead of him.

Reaction score
Yeah he does look very good, to be honest was considering getting him myself but don't have the cash at the moment plus there are a couple of other PF's I would like instead of him.
What are they??? Can't think of many baddie current ones that are affordable??? I think the LSB of Rex will be the better out of that & the PF statue so that's a possibility for you as it's still a way off before it gets released. & did you make your mind up regarding the Sidious LSB???

Reaction score
What are they??? Can't think of many baddie current ones that are affordable??? I think the LSB of Rex will be the better out of that & the PF statue so that's a possibility for you as it's still a way off before it gets released. & did you make your mind up regarding the Sidious LSB???
Well I would like to get the PF Dooku but that is pretty expensive now so that's a maybe, the Stormy will be the next one I get then maybe the snow trooper but depends how I feel at a later date so I guess Rex should be able to fit in there somewhere, if I do get something Rex (which thinking about it I probably will) I think I will get the LSB Rex as that is such an awesome piece regarding Sidious I will defiantly be getting him but space is the biggest issue I'm currently working out places where I could put him but I will have to wait for my Malgus PF since that will be the last big piece for a little while then I can sort out my room.

Reaction score
Well I would like to get the PF Dooku but that is pretty expensive now so that's a maybe, the Stormy will be the next one I get then maybe the snow trooper but depends how I feel at a later date so I guess Rex should be able to fit in there somewhere, if I do get something Rex (which thinking about it I probably will) I think I will get the LSB Rex as that is such an awesome piece regarding Sidious I will defiantly be getting him but space is the biggest issue I'm currently working out places where I could put him but I will have to wait for my Malgus PF since that will be the last big piece for a little while then I can sort out my room.
I'd like them to make a LSB to go with every PF statue, I think they'd be great displayed together..., having said that though, I'm not that keen on the facial expression the Darth Maul LSB has been given, there's something odd about it so it's not getting into my collection (not that I have the PF statue of him anyway).

I was thinking that a display with the PF statue of Malgus & the LSBs of Rex & Sidious either side would probably look pretty darn cool. :) Space when it comes to the bigger stuff is always an issue though, you can fit a fair few smaller items in the same space as 1 PF statue after all..., the PFs are the more impressive to look at though (usually). :)

Reaction score
I'd like them to make a LSB to go with every PF statue, I think they'd be great displayed together..., having said that though, I'm not that keen on the facial expression the Darth Maul LSB has been given, there's something odd about it so it's not getting into my collection (not that I have the PF statue of him anyway).

I was thinking that a display with the PF statue of Malgus & the LSBs of Rex & Sidious either side would probably look pretty darn cool. :) Space when it comes to the bigger stuff is always an issue though, you can fit a fair few smaller items in the same space as 1 PF statue after all..., the PFs are the more impressive to look at though (usually). :)
Yeah that is a good idea hopefully we will see some more LSB coming out this year they are a great line, I didn't like Maul much either at first I was tempted but then I decided against it since I knew I would regret buying him once I saw him in hand.

I want to Display Sidious next to my Malgus bust but I won't know how wide the display space for Malgus is yet until he comes, where I want to put him has a large space but I don't want to buy the Sidious LSB and then when Malgus comes realise I don't have room for them both on there and ill be stuck trying to find a place for Sidious so yeah I want to just wait until Malgus comes (which I can't bloody wait for) before committing to a Sidious buy but I shall get him this year some time defiantly.

Reaction score
Yeah that is a good idea hopefully we will see some more LSB coming out this year they are a great line, I didn't like Maul much either at first I was tempted but then I decided against it since I knew I would regret buying him once I saw him in hand.

I want to Display Sidious next to my Malgus bust but I won't know how wide the display space for Malgus is yet until he comes, where I want to put him has a large space but I don't want to buy the Sidious LSB and then when Malgus comes realise I don't have room for them both on there and ill be stuck trying to find a place for Sidious so yeah I want to just wait until Malgus comes (which I can't bloody wait for) before committing to a Sidious buy but I shall get him this year some time defiantly.
I'm hoping to get Sidious myself at some point this year, it's on my want list anyway..., not really got anything of the PT Sidious so the LSB would be the ideal addition for my collection I think. :)

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get Sidious myself at some point this year, it's on my want list anyway..., not really got anything of the PT Sidious so the LSB would be the ideal addition for my collection I think. :)
Yeah he is an excellent piece, I also want the ROTS Sidious MB that GG did (the good Palpy bust I should say) and I want to display that next to the LSB which I think would look great.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah he is an excellent piece, I also want the ROTS Sidious MB that GG did (the good Palpy bust I should say) and I want to display that next to the LSB which I think would look great.
Yeah, companion pieces are a great idea..., until I did my ESB display I was against putting the same characters together but now I realise they compliment each other so I like the idea. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, companion pieces are a great idea..., until I did my ESB display I was against putting the same characters together but now I realise they compliment each other so I like the idea. :)
Yeah I really like that idea, especially with my EU sith that's probably my favourite display out of my collection and it is still growing which is great.

Reaction score
I picked up the Sidious LSB a few weeks ago and I think it looks great. It's definitely a nice representation of ROTS Sidious. It's pretty heavy as well made really nice.

Reaction score
I picked up the Sidious LSB a few weeks ago and I think it looks great. It's definitely a nice representation of ROTS Sidious. It's pretty heavy as well made really nice.
I too like this piece and have been very close to pulling the trigger but I had to make the decision that if I want to stay in the higher end of collectibles and still keep my head above water I have to be strict and stay with ot stuff only..... that might change at some point, like when I scoop the loto ha ha ha

Reaction score
I too like this piece and have been very close to pulling the trigger but I had to make the decision that if I want to stay in the higher end of collectibles and still keep my head above water I have to be strict and stay with ot stuff only..... that might change at some point, like when I scoop the loto ha ha ha
Yes it's good to draw the line somewhere but sometimes I don't know where that line is as I'm collecting both PT and OT these days. As for the bust SS was offering free shipping plus I had a gift card so I ended paying $149 shipped for this piece which I think is great since most 1/6 figures are going for that price these days.

Reaction score
Yes it's good to draw the line somewhere but sometimes I don't know where that line is as I'm collecting both PT and OT these days. As for the bust SS was offering free shipping plus I had a gift card so I ended paying $149 shipped for this piece which I think is great since most 1/6 figures are going for that price these days.
At that price I would have ignored the line and been all in on it ha ha ha

Reaction score
Just got mine and it's going back due to damage. The glue didn't set properly, or Obi-Wan got to him, and the torso and leg split apart in the box and the belt line is all chipped. I just hope Forbidden Planet can get me another.

Reaction score
Just got mine and it's going back due to damage. The glue didn't set properly, or Obi-Wan got to him, and the torso and leg split apart in the box and the belt line is all chipped. I just hope Forbidden Planet can get me another.
That's a real shame..., a lot of the Mythos statues seem to be having problems unfortunately. :( I have to admit that after everyone talking about their damaged statues I've had another look at my Mythos Darth Maul & have found a few minor paint chips on the legs..., didn't notice them on my initial inspection SO I'll be more vigilant when it comes to the other 4 Mythos statues (when they eventually turn up).

Reaction score
Well just my luck FP have sold out so I had to get a refund. It looks like it's going to cost me £30 - £50 more to get another as I can't find one at the £195 FP were selling it for.

I hope they get the QC issues sorted on this line as they are fantastic additions to any collection.

Reaction score
How does this compare to Gentle Giants Darth Maul statue(s)? Obviously the scale is larger but as far as being "the definitive" Maul statue how would it rank?

Reaction score
I have both SSC and GG Darth Maul statues and the SSC Mythos collection seriously blows away any previous statue yet to be released. I've ordered the whole Mythos line with the exception of the Gamorrean Executioner.

Reaction score
How does this compare to Gentle Giants Darth Maul statue(s)? Obviously the scale is larger but as far as being "the definitive" Maul statue how would it rank?
The Mythos is better when it comes to detail, the detail on Maul is fantastic even on the base plus I prefer the pose on the Mythos Maul compared to GG statues and it is much bigger than any GG Maul piece you can get. It just all depends what you're looking for really.

Reaction score
To be honest I'd say they both have good qualities to them, the Mythos statue has an edge over the Gentle Giant one because of its bigger size & additional detailing but I like variety so to have different examples of a character is a good thing & the Gentle Giant statue is different enough from the Mythos to warrant having them both in my collection..., the price helped too of course as I didn't even pay £100.00 for mine where as the Mythos statue cost me over £200.00.

Reaction score
I have both SSC and GG Darth Maul statues and the SSC Mythos collection seriously blows away any previous statue yet to be released. I've ordered the whole Mythos line with the exception of the Gamorrean Executioner.
The Mythos is better when it comes to detail, the detail on Maul is fantastic even on the base plus I prefer the pose on the Mythos Maul compared to GG statues and it is much bigger than any GG Maul piece you can get. It just all depends what you're looking for really.
To be honest I'd say they both have good qualities to them, the Mythos statue has an edge over the Gentle Giant one because of its bigger size & additional detailing but I like variety so to have different examples of a character is a good thing & the Gentle Giant statue is different enough from the Mythos to warrant having them both in my collection..., the price helped too of course as I didn't even pay £100.00 for mine where as the Mythos statue cost me over £200.00.

Thanks for the input guys! I love the International Maul GG statue and it goes with my other GG pieces but I have been contemplating getting into the Mythos Line. The price(s) make me hesitant though.

Reaction score

Thanks for the input guys! I love the International Maul GG statue and it goes with my other GG pieces but I have been contemplating getting into the Mythos Line. The price(s) make me hesitant though.
They only GG Maul thing I have is the hooded mini bust which I love it was one of my first from GG and one of my first collectables the Mythos is good because you get it in a bigger size and more detail but it's not the best if you don't have heaps of space which is my current dilemma but the Mythos line is a line that you won't regret getting into whether it is Maul or anything else.

Reaction score
Looks like the 2nd wave is nearly here. I got my notice for delivery on Aug.8th. I'll let everyone know if the head shininess anomaly persisted to this batch as well.

Reaction score
I went for the no teeth look myself, I was very happy with the statue..., it's the best Maul collectible I own really (so far anyway). :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just pre-ordered the eFX Maul Saber, and want to pick up a companion piece. I was debating on Mythos Maul or Maul LSB at the same price point. This will be my ONLY Maul piece so, I would welcome any opinions...

Reaction score
I can only speak for they Mythos, but it's my favorite Maul piece. I plan to display it with the eFX saber too.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just pre-ordered the eFX Maul Saber, and want to pick up a companion piece. I was debating on Mythos Maul or Maul LSB at the same price point. This will be my ONLY Maul piece so, I would welcome any opinions...
I'd say go for the Mythos Maul statue, I think it's better value for money, you get a choice of display options & it's the whole character rather than just a head..., also I'd recommend having a look at the pics of the LSB on Sideshow's website as personally speaking I don't think it looks very good at all, the mouth looks a bit odd for starters..., a bit like he's forgot to put his false teeth in that day or something?!? It doesn't look right to me anyway so I'll not be adding that one to my collection, I'm very happy with my Mythos purchase though. :)

Reaction score
I did the same and am thinking the exact same thing, but for sure I will be going with the Mythos.

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. The Mythos does look incredible. I was debating whether the bust would be a better display companion with a 1/1 prop replica saber.

Reaction score
I have the Maul LSB on order and I disagree with a lot of people as I think he actually looks a lot better with his mouth closed. I just think when he's sitting there showing his teeth all day it looks too much like he is there smiling at me, which is why I like the look of the LSB more than the old 1:1 bust. Also the LSB really looks like he is staring his opponent down with a lot of hatred, you can really see this if you look at the 360 degree view of the bust on the Sideshow website.

As for the mythos I completely plan on getting one myself in a couple of months so I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this piece. It really is fantastic. But if you were buying a piece to display along with your prop I think a bust would look better myself.

Reaction score
I like him with the mouth open. The only reason is that I like the direction of his eyes on that sculpt better.

I know there have been some comments about how some of the head-sculpts, the eyes don't look right, or in the right direction or even have seen pictures somewhere of a "lazy-eye" affect. On mine, with the closed mouth, he is looking straight and not out of the corner of his eye, looking out at his hand.

I wish the closed mouth version had his eyes looking off to the side. I would rather display that one.

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in quite awhile but I just picked this piece up because I saw that Sideshow sold out of all the other Mythos characters so I figured I should get myself my favorite SW character before it sells out too. I am very impressed with this piece, and I am so glad I decided to pick it up. Here is a pic of my Maul shelf with my new Mythos acquisition on the end:

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in quite awhile but I just picked this piece up because I saw that Sideshow sold out of all the other Mythos characters so I figured I should get myself my favorite SW character before it sells out too. I am very impressed with this piece, and I am so glad I decided to pick it up. Here is a pic of my Maul shelf with my new Mythos acquisition on the end:

If your impressed with Maul then you'll be bowled over by the rest, Maul is nice but the others in the line are all better I think, Obi Wan & Darth Vader especially BUT I'm happy with all of them. :)