SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Maul

Reaction score
PF Rex, Mythos Maul & 1:6 scale Airbourne Trooper. lol ;)

I think bigger is best with most things but especially Grievous, I'm hoping to get the General in the 1:5 scale made by Attakus but the seller has yet to get back to me so that deal is in limbo at the moment. :|
Oh yeah that's right haha that's pretty poor though I mean how can they get delayed ? It's not like they are still having to make them all and that's why it's being pushed back.

Attakus has made one also ? Damn looks like I need to check out everything on Grievous before I make my mind up haha.

Reaction score
Oh yeah that's right haha that's pretty poor though I mean how can they get delayed ? It's not like they are still having to make them all and that's why it's being pushed back.

Attakus has made one also ? Damn looks like I need to check out everything on Grievous before I make my mind up haha.
I have no idea for the delays except that its since they changed how they get stuff into Europe, hopefully they'll get their act together soon & there won't be months of delays in future but I guess time will tell on that one. :)

If you do a google search for 'Attakus General Grievous' & look at images, you'll see he's rather large, there's even a picture of the Attakus Grievous next to the PF version & they are vertually the same size..., the Attakus version is best though as you get his cloak with it where as you don't get that with the PF.

Reaction score
If you do a google search for 'Attakus General Grievous' & look at images, you'll see he's rather large, there's even a picture of the Attakus Grievous next to the PF version & they are vertually the same size..., the Attakus version is best though as you get his cloak with it where as you don't get that with the PF.
I can't say which is the better piece, as I have neither (would love to own them though), but the exclusive version of the PF does come with the cloak. It is much more expensive than the regular version on the secondary market, however.

Reaction score
I have no idea for the delays except that its since they changed how they get stuff into Europe, hopefully they'll get their act together soon & there won't be months of delays in future but I guess time will tell on that one. :)

Yeah I looked it up and it does look awesome I put it down on my list of wants, I think the exclusive PF came with the cloak but not sure on that one. I like the Attakus one because of the pose its a nice change seeing him with only two hands instead of four.

Reaction score
Yeah I looked it up and it does look awesome I put it down on my list of wants, I think the exclusive PF came with the cloak but not sure on that one. I like the Attakus one because of the pose its a nice change seeing him with only two hands instead of four.
The Attakus one certainly speaks to me, hopefully I'll own it BUT I guess it's no big deal if the seller doesn't get back to me, means I can get a few other things instead. :)

Reaction score
The Attakus one certainly speaks to me, hopefully I'll own it BUT I guess it's no big deal if the seller doesn't get back to me, means I can get a few other things instead. :)
Yeah that's true, I would really like to own it to be honest but it looks like it's not the easiest thing to find on eBay haha.

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, I would really like to own it to be honest but it looks like it's not the easiest thing to find on eBay haha.
Well there's 1 always for sale on eBay, the seller wants £450.00 plus delivery so hence it's always for sale & never sold. lol ;)

Reaction score
Well there's 1 always for sale on eBay, the seller wants £450.00 plus delivery so hence it's always for sale & never sold. lol ;)
Hahaha yeah that's way over priced not worth it, I haven't seen that one though he must not post to Aus.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Collectibles Direct, ordered all 3 from there..., not the only thing from them that's taking forever to turn up..., the ArtFX+ Darth Vader has yet to make an appearance too. :(

Damn! That Vader was due in December wasn't it? and lots of people from all over seem to have gotten theirs. :(

Reaction score
Damn! That Vader was due in December wasn't it? and lots of people from all over seem to have gotten theirs. :(
Yes it was, I could buy it off of eBay right now & have it in hand before the week is out SO I don't know what's going on with the suppliers they use but if this carries on like it is with the Sideshow items I'm waiting for then I'll have to think about buying my collectibles else where..., ordered the Kotobukiya Jango Fett from FP for starters.

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah that's way over priced not worth it, I haven't seen that one though he must not post to Aus.
The one I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me about is going to cost me £220.00..., not cheap really but cheaper than the original RRP I believe or at least cheaper than I saw it advertised on websites anyway. :)

Reaction score
The one I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me about is going to cost me £220.00..., not cheap really but cheaper than the original RRP I believe or at least cheaper than I saw it advertised on websites anyway. :)
Yeah that's true I've found a lot of those bigger pieces are hard to fine decently cheap, but then again unless you must have the piece then you shouldn't spend heaps of money as long as you think the price is reasonable then go for it.

Reaction score
Yeah that's true I've found a lot of those bigger pieces are hard to fine decently cheap, but then again unless you must have the piece then you shouldn't spend heaps of money as long as you think the price is reasonable then go for it.
Well it's not the most I've paid for an Attakus 1:5 scale statue so anything cheaper than I paid for the Commander Cody 'Order 66' statue is reasonable in my book (paid £239.99 for him). :)

Reaction score
Well it's not the most I've paid for an Attakus 1:5 scale statue so anything cheaper than I paid for the Commander Cody 'Order 66' statue is reasonable in my book (paid £239.99 for him). :)
Fair enough that's a decent price for it, I would spend that much on Grevious since it is a great piece.

Reaction score
Fair enough that's a decent price for it, I would spend that much on Grevious since it is a great piece.
He's also HUGE compaired to some of the other 1:5 scale statues, I saw him pictured next to Jango & it made that statue look almost tiny by comparison, so your getting alot for your money when buying Grievous I think. :)

Reaction score
He's also HUGE compaired to some of the other 1:5 scale statues, I saw him pictured next to Jango & it made that statue look almost tiny by comparison, so your getting alot for your money when buying Grievous I think. :)
Yeah even next to the PF Grievous he looks huge so it is easily getting your moneys worth plus the detailing on it looks great especially all of his organs and the likes which look absolutely incredible.

Reaction score
Yeah even next to the PF Grievous he looks huge so it is easily getting your moneys worth plus the detailing on it looks great especially all of his organs and the likes which look absolutely incredible.
I'd not looked at the picture that closely to be honest, just checked it out for size BUT I'll certainly be having a closer look at the pictures now as I'd not noticed all of his organs being part of the detailing added into this piece..., interesting, thanks for the info. :)

Reaction score
I'd not looked at the picture that closely to be honest, just checked it out for size BUT I'll certainly be having a closer look at the pictures now as I'd not noticed all of his organs being part of the detailing added into this piece..., interesting, thanks for the info. :)
well im pretty sure it does have the organs and stuff in it the piece, the photo of him i saw showed them im pretty sure but it is a great piece by the looks of it but i dont have the room for bigger pieces right now so i cant get him yet. Even though he is impossible to find on ebay (from what ive seen) until i get more room i wont even bother looking for him.

Reaction score
well im pretty sure it does have the organs and stuff in it the piece, the photo of him i saw showed them im pretty sure but it is a great piece by the looks of it but i dont have the room for bigger pieces right now so i cant get him yet. Even though he is impossible to find on ebay (from what ive seen) until i get more room i wont even bother looking for him.
There's one just been posted on ebay that works out at about £350.00 & I've had a look, you can definitely see all of the organs & stuff..., well spotted mate. :)

Reaction score
There's one just been posted on ebay that works out at about £350.00 & I've had a look, you can definitely see all of the organs & stuff..., well spotted mate. :)
haha thanks buddy, yeah it's a nice touch to and from the pictures I saw the organs look pretty darn good.

Reaction score
I got dart maul on valentines day.... Awe.... Not as big as a PF but still has some bulk to him. Ill have pics us soon... Gotta take care of the wife first but ill share!

Reaction score
I caved to the temptation and ordered one. Have been waiting for something a little nicer than my near-decade old Koto Maul. Think the artistry of this line fits the bill. Looks like I'll have to wait until April though.

Reaction score
I caved to the temptation and ordered one. Have been waiting for something a little nicer than my near-decade old Koto Maul. Think the artistry of this line fits the bill. Looks like I'll have to wait until April though.
Do you only have the 1:7 scale Kotobukiya version of Maul in your collection??? I've got the 1:10 scale figure they made & it's rather nice, bit on the small side though but I've also got the 1:6 scale statue Gentle Giant made plus the hooded mini-bust too so they are much nicer examples of him (I think). :)

Reaction score
Well I've just got my tracking information..., the Mythos Darth Maul will be arriving Monday morning, looking forward to it!!! :)

Reaction score
Do you only have the 1:7 scale Kotobukiya version of Maul in your collection??? I've got the 1:10 scale figure they made & it's rather nice, bit on the small side though but I've also got the 1:6 scale statue Gentle Giant made plus the hooded mini-bust too so they are much nicer examples of him (I think). :)
As a physical representation of the character, yes, that's it. However, I do have the MR Maul double-bladed FX lightsaber and the MR battle damaged version LE pieces in my collection as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I finally got this statue delivered today (missed the delivery Monday) & what can I say to my first impressions??? Well I've pre-ordered the Gamorrean Executioner on the strength of this statue, it's very nicely made..., everything about it is impressive, even the base, my only small gripe is that it's not really proper 1:5 scale from the looks of it, standing next to a couple of my Attakus 1:5 scale statues it's the same size BUT only because of the huge base..., that aside it's still a great statue & I'm happy I've bought it. :)

Reaction score
I finally got this statue delivered today (missed the delivery Monday) & what can I say to my first impressions??? Well I've pre-ordered the Gamorrean Executioner on the strength of this statue, it's very nicely made..., everything about it is impressive, even the base, my only small gripe is that it's not really proper 1:5 scale from the looks of it, standing next to a couple of my Attakus 1:5 scale statues it's the same size BUT only because of the huge base..., that aside it's still a great statue & I'm happy I've bought it. :)
Glad you finally have it in hand Kev :) so now you have the Gammy ordered is that all the mythos line coming your way now mate?

Any pics of your Maul??? what number did you get???

Reaction score
You know, I kind of thought the same thing too.... BUT, he is really short in the films anyway.

Height to Height, (statue-wise) he is as tall as the Attakus C-3PO statue. I do not know exactly how tall he would be in comparison with the movies, but I believe Ray Park is rather short.... I do not have a problem with this. (My memory could be off, but isnt Darth Maul shorter than Palpatine?) So, IMO, he is the right height..... but that is jsut me. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction score
Glad you finally have it in hand Kev :) so now you have the Gammy ordered is that all the mythos line coming your way now mate?

Any pics of your Maul??? what number did you get???
I'll check the number when I'm back, it's 900 & something (938 I think but don't quote me on that)..., I shall take some pictures too. :) It's definitely a more impressive statue in hand than in the pictures I've seen..., originally I thought I'd buy all 5 Mythos statues but the pricing made me have a rethink, I'd been pondering on them all though but had to have Boba Fett & Darth Vader..., the impressiveness of Darth Maul made me stop pondering really & commit to getting the Gamorrean Executioner but that's it for me really, I like the Obi Wan statue but I don't think my finances will stretch to a fifth statue & as I liked the Gamorrean more I chose him over Obi Wan (not that I'm ruling out getting him totally of course but for the time being it's just 4 of the 5). :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know, I kind of thought the same thing too.... BUT, he is really short in the films anyway.

Height to Height, (statue-wise) he is as tall as the Attakus C-3PO statue. I do not know exactly how tall he would be in comparison with the movies, but I believe Ray Park is rather short.... I do not have a problem with this. (My memory could be off, but isnt Darth Maul shorter than Palpatine?) So, IMO, he is the right height..... but that is jsut me. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
That'd make sense really as Darth Vader & Chewie are always bigger in whatever scale they are made in than most other characters & that's because they were the taller characters in the films so it makes sense that a shorter character would be shorter in the various scales too. :)

Reaction score
Awesome Kevb I'm glad you like it, so now that you got the Gam guard that means you've pre ordered all of them right ? It is a great piece I'm looking at mine right now haha looking forward to seeing your collection update pictures when you get the chance since it seems like you've gotten quite a lot of new stuff.

Reaction score
Awesome Kevb I'm glad you like it, so now that you got the Gam guard that means you've pre ordered all of them right ? It is a great piece I'm looking at mine right now haha looking forward to seeing your collection update pictures when you get the chance since it seems like you've gotten quite a lot of new stuff.
It is an impressive statue, only ordered 4 of the 5 Mythos statues though..., missing Obi Wan from the line up BUT I am pondering as the whether I can afford it, the 5 are linked & it would be nice to have my original display idea I must admit, going to have to wait a bit before I can finally commit to Obi Wan or not though. :)

Reaction score
It is an impressive statue, only ordered 4 of the 5 Mythos statues though..., missing Obi Wan from the line up BUT I am pondering as the whether I can afford it, the 5 are linked & it would be nice to have my original display idea I must admit, going to have to wait a bit before I can finally commit to Obi Wan or not though. :)
Good on ya Kevb I'm glad you finally got this piece I know you had been waiting for it a while, yeah I'm pretty sure I will get Boba when he is released I have saved up quite a bit of money now so everything I make from work for a little bit I will be able to spend on collecting and everyday stuff, it's nice to know now that I have some money saved so my next couple of pay checks will be a 'congratulations' for me :p

Reaction score
Good on ya Kevb I'm glad you finally got this piece I know you had been waiting for it a while, yeah I'm pretty sure I will get Boba when he is released I have saved up quite a bit of money now so everything I make from work for a little bit I will be able to spend on collecting and everyday stuff, it's nice to know now that I have some money saved so my next couple of pay checks will be a 'congratulations' for me :p
That's pretty cool then..., so apart from the PF Malgus & Mythos Boba, what's on you radar for possible adds to your collection??? & yes, it was great to finally get the Darth Maul statue, really thinking I want all of the Mythos line the more I look at him. lol ;)

Reaction score
That's pretty cool then..., so apart from the PF Malgus & Mythos Boba, what's on you radar for possible adds to your collection??? & yes, it was great to finally get the Darth Maul statue, really thinking I want all of the Mythos line the more I look at him. lol ;)
Bit hard to say really nothing that has been released recently has jumped out at me and has that 'I must get that' feeling I will probably get the Malgus MB but I want to wait and see some photos of how he looks first before committing. The worst part is I don't have heaps of room for bigger pieces right now which sucks as I really want the Sidious LSB but probably next up will be the Dooku MB I've been wanting that for a while now and then probably going to hunt down the Snow trooper by Koto.

Reaction score
Bit hard to say really nothing that has been released recently has jumped out at me and has that 'I must get that' feeling I will probably get the Malgus MB but I want to wait and see some photos of how he looks first before committing. The worst part is I don't have heaps of room for bigger pieces right now which sucks as I really want the Sidious LSB but probably next up will be the Dooku MB I've been wanting that for a while now and then probably going to hunt down the Snow trooper by Koto.
Space is my biggest problem at the moment, not much I can do about it really either (until I move)..., still I guess money or there lack of & space are issues for most collectors. :) I've been looking at the Dooku mini-bust myself, I think the likeness is very good plus the lack of arms to that sculpt make it a bit different so I'd say it's well worth picking up as is the Kotobukiya Snowtrooper, I have 3 of those & they look truly awesome!!! :)

Reaction score
Space is my biggest problem at the moment, not much I can do about it really either (until I move)..., still I guess money or there lack of & space are issues for most collectors. :) I've been looking at the Dooku mini-bust myself, I think the likeness is very good plus the lack of arms to that sculpt make it a bit different so I'd say it's well worth picking up as is the Kotobukiya Snowtrooper, I have 3 of those & they look truly awesome!!! :)
Yeah the likeness of the Dooku MB is pretty accurate and I think that he is one of the armless MB that actually looks good having no arms (although having arms would be better) plus he will be a nice addition especially when I put him next to the eFX Dooku saber I have it will look very good. Yeah I want the Snowy also I've seen a couple that are decently priced so I might pick them up soon hopefully but yeah like I said I just find it annoying how I can't fit any bigger pieces into my collection at this point once my Malgus PF comes then I will have pretty much no room for bigger pieces but I might do a reshuffle soon to get some more space.

Reaction score
Yeah the likeness of the Dooku MB is pretty accurate and I think that he is one of the armless MB that actually looks good having no arms (although having arms would be better) plus he will be a nice addition especially when I put him next to the eFX Dooku saber I have it will look very good. Yeah I want the Snowy also I've seen a couple that are decently priced so I might pick them up soon hopefully but yeah like I said I just find it annoying how I can't fit any bigger pieces into my collection at this point once my Malgus PF comes then I will have pretty much no room for bigger pieces but I might do a reshuffle soon to get some more space.
I've done so many reshuffles that I'm now at the point where I can't really do it anymore, got an idea for one last display area but that'll be for the 3 PF statues I'm getting (Rex, Malgus & Shaak Ti)..., after that I'll have to stop buying anything new I think, until I get another house anyway. :)

Reaction score
I've done so many reshuffles that I'm now at the point where I can't really do it anymore, got an idea for one last display area but that'll be for the 3 PF statues I'm getting (Rex, Malgus & Shaak Ti)..., after that I'll have to stop buying anything new I think, until I get another house anyway. :)
Yeah that's like me, after Malgus I won't be able to get anything big for a while and even then I will only have room for a few little pieces. When are you expecting Rex now ? I thought you would of gotten him already.