SSC Mythos 1:5 Darth Maul

Reaction score
Might as well have a Maul thread as well. Since he's the first one coming, I know I will be looking forward to the first in hand pics.

Reaction score
Preordered it as soon as I'd seen the pictures Sideshow released, love the attention to detail & I'm looking forward to seeing this in the flesh (so to speak)!!! :)

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of shirtless Maul, fantastic sculpting once again though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have Maul on pre-order. Even though I'm not a huge fan of shirtless Maul, I like this one a lot.

Reaction score
I finally put my order in today - been meaning to, and seeing the amazing quality from the SDCC pics finally pushed me over the top.

Reaction score
I finally put my order in today - been meaning to, and seeing the amazing quality from the SDCC pics finally pushed me over the top.
Same here, I've been debating on getting this for weeks and finally ordered it. Will get the Boba, Obi-Wan, & Vader for sure too...

Reaction score
Seriously tempted to get this
I wasn't that fussed on buying this when it was announced BUT as soon as I saw Sideshow's pictures of it & the detailing on the statue it was a definite buy for me, the price helped though..., I like the Obi Wan Mythos statue too BUT the price on that one is putting me off despite it being another quality piece!!! :\

Reaction score
I wasn't that fussed on buying this when it was announced BUT as soon as I saw Sideshow's pictures of it & the detailing on the statue it was a definite buy for me, the price helped though..., I like the Obi Wan Mythos statue too BUT the price on that one is putting me off despite it being another quality piece!!! :\
Completely agree with Kevb0977; I think the Obi Wan is simply amazing but the price is what derailed my need to have this piece! :(

Reaction score
2500 ES according to Sideshow... Higher than I imagined.
Yeah its' higher than i though as well but I'm still getting it as I really don't care to much about the ES. I'm thinking the Obi-Wan will come with a less ES with the higher price point.

Reaction score
I'm still pondering about Obi Wan, not got enough money to buy everything I want & now the PF Darth Malgus statue is going to be coming up for pre-order that'll take priority on my purchase want list..., looking forward to getting the Mythos Darth Maul statue though, as soon as I saw the preview pictures of it I just had to have it!!! :)

Reaction score
Agreed - the detailing on this statue is stunning. This may be one of the last Darth Maul items I add to my collection unless HT does a Maul 1:6.

Reaction score
Agreed - the detailing on this statue is stunning. This may be one of the last Darth Maul items I add to my collection unless HT does a Maul 1:6.
I have the 1:6 scale Gentle Giant statue & the 1:10 scale ArtFX+ figure, the Mythos statue will probably be my last Darth Maul..., I think 3 is more than enough of this character, having said that I really like the Gentle Giant spider statue previewed at SDCC & I quite like the mechanical legs Sideshow premium format statue, they could be possible purchases in the future when I have more space as they are different versions of the character rather than just different poses. :)

Reaction score
Come on not adding the LSF? It's only cost 2K LOL. But I agree even for people who are not huge Maul fans this staute is a must with the detail and the price is very reasonable.

Reaction score
I have the 1:6 scale Gentle Giant statue & the 1:10 scale ArtFX+ figure, the Mythos statue will probably be my last Darth Maul..., I think 3 is more than enough of this character, having said that I really like the Gentle Giant spider statue previewed at SDCC & I quite like the mechanical legs Sideshow premium format statue, they could be possible purchases in the future when I have more space as they are different versions of the character rather than just different poses. :)
Yeah that sounds like a nice collection for Maul. I have the Sideshow regular PF and 1/6 figure and the Mythos will be my third Maul piece. The GG Spider statue looks really cool so I might add that as well. I'm a big Maul guy so I was tempting by the LSF but at 2K it's almost impossible with all the other items coming out so that is an easy pass.

Reaction score
Come on not adding the LSF? It's only cost 2K LOL. But I agree even for people who are not huge Maul fans this staute is a must with the detail and the price is very reasonable.
Ha! Good one!

I have plent of Maul right now, so unless something original comes along, I am good to go. Including this Mythos Statue, I have the PF, SSC 1:6, all 3 GG Busts, GG's 1:6 statue, GG's dio with the Bloodfin, MR's 1:1 full saber, and Hasbro's original unleashed. I am good to go with Maul for the foreseeable future... until the next really cool thing comes out. :whistling:

Reaction score
Ha! Good one!

I have plent of Maul right now, so unless something original comes along, I am good to go. Including this Mythos Statue, I have the PF, SSC 1:6, all 3 GG Busts, GG's 1:6 statue, GG's dio with the Bloodfin, MR's 1:1 full saber, and Hasbro's original unleashed. I am good to go with Maul for the foreseeable future... until the next really cool thing comes out. :whistling:
Wow, You really do have every Maul high-end collectible out there! Awesome :D

Reaction score
Ha! Good one!

That is def a nice Maul lineup and the Mythos will make a nice addition to the Maul collection.

Reaction score
I'm skipping this one...just too much Maul in limited space-I have both MR's 1:1 sabers, GG 1:6 statue and 1st bust, SS PF, 1:6 and full size bust...just need more room!!

Reaction score
yeah that one is quit pricey and rather large I think!
I'm not too sure on the pose of the mechanical legged Darth Maul BUT it does look an impressive piece plus having a 1:4 scale statue of Maul appeals to me..., missed out on getting him by a day (a couple of months ago) for £249.99 including delivery so basically that's the kind of price I'm going to look to try & pay else where (if I do decide to add him to my collection). :)

Reaction score
Anyone Think this will be 'The' Maul statue to own?
At this point, it's hard to say. I certainly like it more than Gentle Giant's current Maul statues, and as impressive as thier upcoming "Spider Maul" is, it's a bit too obscure to really make it "The" Maul to own, in my opinion. I'd say that "The" Maul to own would be the Legendary Scale Figure Sideshow is making, simply because of its sheer size, but on that note the size could turn a lot of people off. I thing this one will be a prized piece down the line, along with all of the other Mythos statues.

Reaction score
Anyone Think this will be 'The' Maul statue to own?
I think it will be, if the detailing in the pictures is anything to go by then I recon it'll be even more impressive in hand..., I have a space ready for it to join my collection & I fully expect it to stand out in a crowd!!! :)

Reaction score
Good choice this looks really nice and we should have it in hand by the end of the year.
Hopefully! Does anyone know how accurate the release dates are on SS to when the item actually ships? Never really ordered from them.

Reaction score
Hopefully! Does anyone know how accurate the release dates are on SS to when the item actually ships? Never really ordered from them.
There's almost always a delay. But there pretty good putting the new date on their site under the estimated date on the product page.

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing some in-hand pics of this one.
I ordered my one from Collectibles Direct & the owner tells me there's usually a 6 to 8 week delay from the time of release to the time they get new products for delivery..., my 1:6 scale Commander Bacara took an age to be delivered so I'm guessing the Mythos Darth Maul wont be with me until sometime in December, bit miffed about that but that's the way it goes when buying from a third party I guess. :)

Reaction score
While I love this and can't wait to get it, I think it's funny that Maul never actually appeared like this is 'Nameless'