SSC Legendary Scale Busts: Wish List

Reaction score
A Boba Fett bust was also in the video & also a 501st clone trooper so I'm hoping that mean 3 PT busts & 3 OT busts. :)
The Boba Fett was awesome judging by the concept art if it gets released sometime soon I would defiantly get it, it's very nice. I hope the Vader will also be released soon as if they go with the concept art version it will look amazing. I'm strongly contemplating getting Sidious now as it is a very nice bust but the Maul I dunno I said I was going to get it but now looking at it better I'm just not sure really it looks good but I would of liked him to look meaner. The best thing that could come out in this line IMO is a Darth Bane that would look great especially with the orbalisk armor.

Reaction score
The Boba Fett was awesome judging by the concept art if it gets released sometime soon I would defiantly get it, it's very nice. I hope the Vader will also be released soon as if they go with the concept art version it will look amazing. I'm strongly contemplating getting Sidious now as it is a very nice bust but the Maul I dunno I said I was going to get it but now looking at it better I'm just not sure really it looks good but I would of liked him to look meaner. The best thing that could come out in this line IMO is a Darth Bane that would look great especially with the orbalisk armor.
Personally I think Darth Maul's mouth area looks wrong, it looks like he's pouting or worse, like he's lost his teeth..., not quite right anyway so I'm not interested in it at all. I too have been pondering the Sidious bust, the more I look at it the better it looks. :) I'm hoping the Stormtrooper will get made next, that's easily my favorite in the works bust but I'll be wanting Boba & Vader too if they look impressive like the artwork suggests. :)

Reaction score
Personally I think Darth Maul's mouth area looks wrong, it looks like he's pouting or worse, like he's lost his teeth..., not quite right anyway so I'm not interested in it at all. I too have been pondering the Sidious bust, the more I look at it the better it looks. :) I'm hoping the Stormtrooper will get made next, that's easily my favorite in the works bust but I'll be wanting Boba & Vader too if they look impressive like the artwork suggests. :)
Yeah I think this line has huge potential especially regarding some EU characters I mean they could make so many awesome characters but if they could just hurry up and release them well that's a different story haha. Yeah I agree with you on the Maul and I don't think I will get it now which I guess is a good thing as my list is already so big and it's nice to get rid of something's from it haha. I hope the Vader gets made as it looks great and what I love about this line is that the busts aren't huge, like they don't take up heaps of space and they would look great next to a PF of the same character (like your Rex PF and legendary bust) also I'm my eyes these busts are just a beefed up version of the GG mini busts which is awesome.

Reaction score
I was looking at the Sidious bust today and it was a toss up between getting that or paying off and picking up my 1:1 Gamorrean bust.... Pig won this round ;)

Reaction score
I was looking at the Sidious bust today and it was a toss up between getting that or paying off and picking up my 1:1 Gamorrean bust.... Pig won this round ;)
Wise choice I think..., always better to pay something off & get it for your collection than be paying for lots of different things & owning nothing!!! lol ;)

Reaction score
Very good choice. The Gamorrean Guard bust is done very well and is getting harder to get these days. The Sidious 1/2 bust is nice as well but it's still easy to get and is discounted at retailers.

Reaction score
Thanks Jang0 I like that it will come with the rocket. I think it was a complete miss not including it on the 1:1 bust.
No problem man, I wonder if the inclusion of the rocker will make Boba the most expensive in this line.

I hope they stick to the sketch artwork as it'll be an impressive bust I think..., it looks cool anyway!!! :)
Agreed, I really love this line even though I don't own one yet lol I still think Boushh is ideal for an LSB.

Reaction score
What I'd really like is a 1:2 scale bust to go with each of my premium format statues..., got Rex sorted so now I just need a Stormtrooper, Malgus & Shaak Ti BUT having said that I want Boba Fett & Vader to go with the Mythos statues..., Maul would've been cool to go with the Mythos statue but there's something not quite right with the busts mouth, looks more like pouting than menacing!!! lol ;)

Reaction score
Wise choice I think..., always better to pay something off & get it for your collection than be paying for lots of different things & owning nothing!!! lol ;)
You are so right Kev, so glad I decided to go this way. Very easy to keep putting things on order/lay away and shelling out but not getting anywhere... Plus now I have picked this up it opens up putting something else amazing that I just couldn't pick up in one hit on lay away with this shop :)

Reaction score
Very good choice. The Gamorrean Guard bust is done very well and is getting harder to get these days. The Sidious 1/2 bust is nice as well but it's still easy to get and is discounted at retailers.
That was exactly my thinking I am pretty sure Sidious will be available for some time to come yet and I had been chipping away at the GG for a couple of months now and just wanted to have it all finished off so I knew where I was at budget wise and do I could decide if I was going to be able to order the mythos Boba :)

You are very right about the quality of the GG bust :) it's outstanding!!!

Reaction score
What I'd really like is a 1:2 scale bust to go with each of my premium format statues..., got Rex sorted so now I just need a Stormtrooper, Malgus & Shaak Ti BUT having said that I want Boba Fett & Vader to go with the Mythos statues..., Maul would've been cool to go with the Mythos statue but there's something not quite right with the busts mouth, looks more like pouting than menacing!!! lol ;)
That's true a Malgus would be awesome in this line, but then again I would like to see some different sith get the spotlight a Nihilus would be ideal in this line.

Reaction score
Sideshow is puting out so much stuff its hard to pick and choose... passed on maul lsb for the mythos fett and obi wan... I wont pass the feet LSB though

Reaction score
Sideshow is puting out so much stuff its hard to pick and choose... passed on maul lsb for the mythos fett and obi wan... I wont pass the feet LSB though
I completely agree with that SSC have released so much good stuff recently in a way it's good but in another way it's bad because I want so much of it but my wallet doesn't allow me to get half of it which sucks.

Reaction score
That's true a Malgus would be awesome in this line, but then again I would like to see some different sith get the spotlight a Nihilus would be ideal in this line.
I wouldn't mind seeing Darth Revan in this scale either although Nihilus is also a good choice..., I guess we'll just have to wait & see what pops up in the coming year. :)

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Darth Revan in this scale either although Nihilus is also a good choice..., I guess we'll just have to wait & see what pops up in the coming year. :)
Yeah a Revan would be awesome in this scale that would be a very nice addition I just wish they didn't take so damn long to release new stuff.

Reaction score
Yeah a Revan would be awesome in this scale that would be a very nice addition I just wish they didn't take so damn long to release new stuff.
I'm sure everyone feels that way sometimes, I know I do..., what does tend to bug me a bit is when they show us something that's supposedly coming out within 90 days (or whatever) & then that'll be delayed again & again BUT something else gets released suddenly out of the blue, fair enough if it's something people want BUT surely it'd be better just to release the stuff you say you will rather than delay it because of other things no one knows about?!?

Reaction score
I don't mind the wait on releases as these peices are expensive, the problem is there always seems to be a drought then a flood, the spacing out of releases is not always great.

I'm not really a follower of the EU and I think it will probably be a while before this line uses characters from it, but I'd prefer a Revan PF first.

Reaction score
I don't mind the wait on releases as these peices are expensive, the problem is there always seems to be a drought then a flood, the spacing out of releases is not always great.

I'm not really a follower of the EU and I think it will probably be a while before this line uses characters from it, but I'd prefer a Revan PF first.
I have to agree with you there, seems I'll be buying a fair few things altogether despite them going up for pre-order quite far apart..., I'm pleased they can put things up for pre-order readily enough, just a pity they can't manage their own scheduling though. lol ;)

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone feels that way sometimes, I know I do..., what does tend to bug me a bit is when they show us something that's supposedly coming out within 90 days (or whatever) & then that'll be delayed again & again BUT something else gets released suddenly out of the blue, fair enough if it's something people want BUT surely it'd be better just to release the stuff you say you will rather than delay it because of other things no one knows about?!?
Yeah it does get kinda annoying, but what can you do I guess. It would be great it every company released some sith statues but unfortunately the world doesn't revolve around me so that probably won't happen lol.

Reaction score
Yeah it does get kinda annoying, but what can you do I guess. It would be great it every company released some sith statues but unfortunately the world doesn't revolve around me so that probably won't happen lol.
Well hopefully they'll get to them eventually, I'd certainly like to see some other Sith Lords made rather than a dozen more differently posed Vader's & Maul's!!!

Reaction score
Well hopefully they'll get to them eventually, I'd certainly like to see some other Sith Lords made rather than a dozen more differently posed Vader's & Maul's!!!
i agree there is far to much Vader and Maul out there I think companies need to start getting into the EU sith. Honestly if I ever meet someone from GG, SSC, Koto etc and they tell me that they have run out of ideas I think I might slap them in the face haha.

Reaction score
i agree there is far to much Vader and Maul out there I think companies need to start getting into the EU sith. Honestly if I ever meet someone from GG, SSC, Koto etc and they tell me that they have run out of ideas I think I might slap them in the face haha.
I recall Gentle Giant suggesting that the 0.45 scale helmets were basically done..., that shocked me seeing as there are only 12 different helmets circling around the aftermarket sales scene & when I did the poll I had to limit the numbers I'd thought of that could be made. It makes me wonder if everyone in charge of making new things is actually a fan of Star Wars??? lol ;)

Reaction score
I recall Gentle Giant suggesting that the 0.45 scale helmets were basically done..., that shocked me seeing as there are only 12 different helmets circling around the aftermarket sales scene & when I did the poll I had to limit the numbers I'd thought of that could be made. It makes me wonder if everyone in charge of making new things is actually a fan of Star Wars??? lol ;)
Yeah I know what you mean, they could at least read up a bit on the EU or research the more famous characters so they can make them.

Reaction score
Well the Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Boba Fett & a 501st clone trooper were all said to be in the works at last years SDCC so I'm sure they'll be along either pre-order wise this year or early next year. :)

Reaction score
I for one cant wait to hear more about these items!!!! Hopefully hear something at SDCC

Reaction score
I for one cant wait to hear more about these items!!!! Hopefully hear something at SDCC
I'm really hoping the Stormtrooper will be next as I'd like it as a companion piece to go with my premium format statue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I remember posting those back in '11. I think they all have their own thread. They definitely look fantastic!

Reaction score
I'm hoping the Vader gets released, that would be my tops. Dooku and the Stormtrooper to follow directly after.
There's only 4 threads in the 1:2 Scale so I don't think there's one for these anymore.

Reaction score
They let this one line die when it is a fact there are so many collectors wanting the mini helmets and for so long. Six movies to make helmets from, more movies in the horizon ( not to mention EU and CW), how can they view the line as done? I wonder who researches the fan base and what notes are being taken about what people want.

Not everyone in charge of developing new product for these companies, is necessarily a fan. Just like any other maker, Gentle Giant is a business first and a collector "pleaser" second. Product production is many times looked at by someone in charge that simply sees his/her job as a way to make money and nothing else. They're sometimes out of touch with reality and think only what they have in mind is what sells. That's why many times product gets pushed back or never gets to see the light of day. Either because these "brains" think it wasn't worth the time to make it, or someone else came along and paid more for their product to be produced first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm really hoping the Stormtrooper will be next as I'd like it as a companion piece to go with my premium format statue.
Would look fantastic next to the Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster! If they release this bust, I'll be all over it.

Reaction score
Just some news would make me happy at this point lol
Me too, thought we were going to hear something at SDCC..., it's the Stormtrooper that interests me the most but just some news about any new bust would be a good start. :)

Reaction score
Sideshow seems to be dragging their feet on this line. I seen pictures for the Stormtrooper, 501st, Vader, Fett and even Leia years ago and still no word. I think they do sell pretty good. They usually carry a smaller ES and Sidious sold out after awhile and cody is pretty hard to come by these days. It's not like the Diorama line that seems to hang around forever. It looks like SS is paying a lot more attention to the 1:6 line this year as they did last year with all the Mythos announcements and even the PF line which we are benefiting from now with the Droids, Shaak Ti and Malgus all shipping within a few weeks of each other.

Reaction score
Speaking of Cody there's one for sale here locally, the guys asking 400 but I'm sure he'd go down. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get you his email address or help you out with the pick up/shipping.

Reaction score
There's one on eBay going for the same price, I'd like one of the Cody busts but not at that price. :(

Reaction score
Just was searching around for concepts from SSC and came across these. I've seen them all of them previously, except now it looks like Vader will have a McQuarrie exclusive portrait. Hopefully all of these come to light this year, I like this series and hope it doesn't die out.
If you haven't seen any of these yet enjoy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen the McQuarrie head before but I think it's a seperate bust altogether..., Darth Vader's outfit is different in the artwork, same as it is in McQuarrie's work. :)