SSC 1:6 Tie Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
Looks like Sideshow is stuck in lightspeed with OT 1/6 annoucements. Yet another dream come true with this long overdue imperial troop

preview_TIEPilotSixth.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great news indeed. Looking forward to all the recently announced figures. Hope AT-AT Driver and Emperor's Royal Guard will be announced soon.

Reaction score
This one seems a bit of a strange choice really seeing as Medicom's RAH Tie Fighter Pilot figure was released not all that long ago..., admittedly I never bought it as I know Medicom's 1:6 scale figures are actually some what smaller than Sideshow's BUT still, I'm sure maximum sales will be lesser because of the other figure release..., hopefully they'll make an AT AT Driver too now though, that'd be my idea of a 'dream come true' figure. :)

Reaction score
Not sure Medicom Tie Pilot will have a huge impact on SSC's version. I know i stayed away from Medicom's Tie pilot because of scale issues and expecting Sideshow to release theirs at one point. IMO, this will sell out pretty fast and they could even release helmet variants to make everyone happy.

Reaction score
The amount of items I have on order is mounting. I hope some of these will be spaced or I may have to start selling organs.

Doesn't help that I will be attending celebration for the first time and all these amazing figures are finally being released!

Reaction score
Wow another great announcement. Finally some great OT troopers coming our way. Hopefully this one is made in the 1/4 scale as well.

Reaction score
need more money, SS is making me go broke...keeps getting better...what's in store next?

Reaction score
How cool would this look with the EFX TIE prop..???

They now must do the At-AT driver as well..!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm thinking that with this sudden push of OT we may finally see Chewbacca, SS might be holding that for a show release announcement. Disney must have told them to get this in gear or lose license rights. Chewbacca is such an iconic character that will now be in his 5th movie role, I feel the news is coming soon. He's to hope.

Reaction score
Very nice, curious how it will compare to the old Marmit and to the Medicom figure. We'll see variant helmets for sure, but I need the black one.

Reaction score
Disney might not have necessarily have said anything, it could just simply be the case that they want to make more OT characters before the new film comes out as then all the attention & hype will be on episode VII. :)

Reaction score
It's hard to tell with out seeing the "mohawk". They're either making Mauler Mithel (the one with a pie slice missing from the Imperial cog) or Dark Curse or as Hasbro called him in the 3 3/4 line, Lt. Oxixo. I kept passing on the last two TIE Pilots, but if Sideshow starts making them I'll finally bite and get one.

Reaction score
Wow another great announcement. Finally some great OT troopers coming our way. Hopefully this one is made in the 1/4 scale as well.

This is exactly what NEEDS to happen!!!

Excellent Posting Sir :)

Reaction score
I want all of this OT stuff but I hope it is spaced out or I will be left out on ordering it. Sideshow is doing very well at getting these figures to us!

Reaction score
That TIE Pilot sure does look awesome, they got it perfect. They did just as good with X-Wing Luke, might have to try and pick up both of them for a nice Reb vs Imp Pilot display.

Reaction score
It looks amazing! 99.9% sure I will be buying this figure. Something is going to have to go majorly wrong during the production process for me to pass on it.

I actually bought the Medicom version back in 2011, but was instantly disappointed with the tiny, undersized helmet. It was in and out of my collection like I had never owned it at all. I knew if I was patient enough Sideshow would eventually come out with their own version and it definitely looks like it was well worth the wait.

Reaction score
Hopefully an AT-AT driver comes pretty soon after this, since they can re-use some of the TIE Pilot parts for that figure too.

Reaction score
Looking forward to this one. Came out of left field but a design I've always liked. Will be down for one, for sure.

Reaction score
They use cloth clothing on all of their 12" figures, so why would this one be any different? :confused:

I know, I don't buy many of the figures because of the use of fabric..., my point in this case was that although I don't like fabric/cloth, I do like the figure & therefore may overlook my dislike. :)

Reaction score
Something on the helmet looks a bit off to me but then again I'm not a huge fan of the Sideshow stormtrooper helmet. At this stage the Marmit helmet sculpt looks better IMO.

Reaction score
The SSC TIE Fighter Pilot is just a proto since it is still missing the ribbed shoulder straps with the square/octagonal plates covering them. It seems a combo of ANH and ROTJ Pilot, the chest box has buttons like the Marmit (ROTJ). No lateral gray hose though. The lenses on the screen used helmets were dark gray, but when you look at them in the light they look like the SSC figure. The ear pointy greeblies should be silver. The figure looks a lot like the Marmit. Not bad so far.

Reaction score
Sergiu, do the "eyes" look small to you? Something seems off, but it is a prototype and just a few pics.

Reaction score
Something on the helmet looks a bit off to me but then again I'm not a huge fan of the Sideshow stormtrooper helmet. At this stage the Marmit helmet sculpt looks better IMO.

I've been looking at pictures and I think maybe it's the frown is just a bit too narrow and should be slightly wider. But it is the prototype, and as Sergiu said it is missing some details on the helmet. That could be what is throwing it off too. Also it doesn't match the teaser picture they showed. That one had silver teeth and it looks like the mohawk might of been painted grey as well, so maybe they have another variant.

Reaction score
Sergiu, do the "eyes" look small to you? Something seems off, but it is a prototype and just a few pics.

From some angles they look a bit squinted, but I think it is just the light effect on the bubble lenses. Black photographs hard

Reaction score
The helmet looks a smidge small to me...TIE lids are surprisingly big. Ear greebles are wrong, and the aforementioned shoulder bridge differences. I'm willing to put all those down to this being a proto fig. THe TIE Pilot is one of my all time favourite characters,..this figure is a must buy as far as I am concerned. Hopefully the Gunner isn't too far away now,considering he is the exact same outfit,but with a different hat!

I wonder what they will do regards to accessories? Going screen accurate and having him unarmed and with no toys would keep the price down,..but I'd prefer if he came with a blaster,for display purposes. Preferably a DL-44 and holster(only because that's what I troop with!!)

Reaction score
The helmet looks a smidge small to me...TIE lids are surprisingly big. Ear greebles are wrong, and the aforementioned shoulder bridge differences. I'm willing to put all those down to this being a proto fig. THe TIE Pilot is one of my all time favourite characters,..this figure is a must buy as far as I am concerned. Hopefully the Gunner isn't too far away now,considering he is the exact same outfit,but with a different hat!

I wonder what they will do regards to accessories? Going screen accurate and having him unarmed and with no toys would keep the price down,..but I'd prefer if he came with a blaster,for display purposes. Preferably a DL-44 and holster(only because that's what I troop with!!)

The ear greeblies (disks) I'm sure will remain like this due to small size of the helmet. They are the same on almost all scaled TIE Pilots alas. I'm sure the pilot will come with an E-11 and maybe with an Imperial Merr Sonn Power 5 like Praji.

Reaction score
Aye,..but tis a shame. I also noticed his sleeve compad is missing. Probably a silly little oversight, they have made the pocket for it after all!

An E-11...one of my personal pet peeves is seeing pilots with E-11s. Hated it on the koto. THe E-11 is meant to be a two handed weapon. THe chestbox would make weilding one very awkward. Power 5,...I could live with that. Can't see him come with too many swappable hands/feet...not a big deal.i shall probably pose mine like ssc have here,..or with the classic hands on belt,Vader style.

Reaction score
Let's not forget this is a proto, there will be some time until finally released with all the bells and whistles.

Reaction score
Maybe my most anticipated figure of the bunch. i for once am happy to see fabric on figures again after so many armored figures lately.