SSC 1:4 Scale Princess Leia part 1

Reaction score
Just got my e-mail from SS that my premium format Leia will be charged on the 14th and shipped out soon after...great news!!
here is what the e-mail said.....

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Princess Leia – Sideshow Exclusive Premium Format Figure (item #71191) from our Star Wars Premium Format Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in awaiting the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out collectible.

At this time, we would like to inform you that this item is estimated to arrive into our warehouse within the next 7-10 days. We will BEGIN “pre-authorizing” credit cards for this purchase starting on July 14, 2006, in the sequence in which all of the pre-orders for this item were placed. A “pre-auth” is not a direct charge, but is a “hold” of funds pending the shipment of your order. Your credit card will be charged once the item is shipped from our warehouse

Jack

EDIT: Title changed to streamline the multiple threads. This is now the official thread for this piece. All other threads still exist, but we ask that all additional discussions continue in this thread. -admin

Reaction score
Re: Sideshow Leia processing next week!!

I got my notice today as well. Pretty excited for this thing to show up - the first Premium statue I've purchased.

Snags

Reaction score

Make sure to post those pictures, I am still unsure on this piece.

Reaction score

This makes me sad, I had to cancel my Exclusive.

Reaction score

I havnt received anything yet. Not on her, nor my Kit or my Darth vader SDCC yet. I just changed my e-mail recently and have double checked my address and whats in my address book.

wonder if I should be worried?

Reaction score

Got my notice as well. It should be interesting to see the reaction on the size of this piece. Recall that Leia is considerably shorter than all the other characters and will be in scale to the other PF figures.

Reaction score

Can't wait to finally get this one. I ordered the regular edition so mine won't be delivered until after the exclusive pieces go out.
Post some pics when you get it, guys!

Reaction score

What timing by SS. Right before SDCC. There goes my purchasing power at SDCC.

Reaction score

Same here I went for just the regular version also cant wait to get her though complete my collection to date

Reaction score

FartVader said:
Got my notice as well. It should be interesting to see the reaction on the size of this piece. Recall that Leia is considerably shorter than all the other characters and will be in scale to the other PF figures.
Leia will be around 16 inches tall compared to Vader who is 23 inches tall. So the scale differences are there to represent the characters correctly. There is also another benefit aside from the accurate scale difference between the characters, the shipping for this one should be a lot cheaper as well. Shipping to Canada for this PF is only a small 35.47! Which is great for me, some of the other PF's shipping fees have just been really high for international shipping.

So FartVader, looks like you are continuing your SS PF collection. I know you were looking to sell off the previous ones you had. Are you still looking sell, or will you be keeping them now?

Reaction score

Looks like I will be keeping them. I never really wanted to sell them, but at the time circumstances dictated otherwise. It's tough but I cannot let go of these statues.

Reaction score

I don't blame you on wanting to keep your PF's FartVader. I think you would have really regretted selling them, these statues are great! I can’t wait for Leia to arrive at my house

Reaction score

Just as I pay off Grievous....

Broke, but happy! This stuff has been wonderful to display and enjoy.

There is a spot next to the MR Leia blaster saved for the SideShow Princess.

Reaction score

Mace__Windu said:
What timing by SS. Right before SDCC. There goes my purchasing power at SDCC.
They don't want you to have any money left to spend on their competitors' products at the convention!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Alright...I got my email confirmation as well. I really wish I had somewhere to display this beautiful piece of art. For now, I guess it will have to sit in the box on top of the the 1:4 scale Vader I have. Eventually, I'll get a place big enough to show these things off.

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
They don't want you to have any money left to spend on their competitors' products at the convention!
Their timing does indeed blow. Let's see what's being charged in a two week span...

Greedo 1:1 bust
Princess Leia PF statue
Kit Fisto 12"
Vader Sith 12"

last month it was Darth Maul 1:1 bust, Anakin 12", and General Grievous PF figure all in one shot as well.

This is, of course, only painful if you pre-ordered all these items.

Reaction score

I am on the waitlist so I hope there are some people who change their minds on this! Selfish I know . . .

I learned my lesson and order IMMEDIATELY now when I want something.

Reaction score

leia214 said:
I am on the waitlist so I hope there are some people who change their minds on this! Selfish I know . . .

why don't you just look on the secondary market for a reputable seller...I get all my stuff from Razors Edge Collectables. I never pay Sideshow full retail!

Reaction score

If you want a PF figure, just order it. Seems like they take 10 to 12 months to ship and that should give anyone time to come up with the cash.

Im REAL tight on cash right now, but Im ordering Fett anyway. Figure he'll be ready come February or March-Taxtime!!

That and the fact Im a fetthead, so he's worth going into the poorhouse for.

Reaction score

yeah and plus if it gets close to time you can always cancel it if you don't have the cash or hack it on ebay and pay yourself back...no excuses here people!

But I say why not buy it off the vendors...why buy it directly from Sideshow and pay their ridiculous prices? I buy from my vendor and always save big time on money!

Reaction score

anavrin0901 said:
yeah and plus if it gets close to time you can always cancel it if you don't have the cash or hack it on ebay and pay yourself back...no excuses here people!

But I say why not buy it off the vendors...why buy it directly from Sideshow and pay their ridiculous prices? I buy from my vendor and always save big time on money!
I got my 3(Han, Luke and Vader) off the bay and didnt pay full price for any of them. Leia However, I wanted the exclusive. That pose reminds me of the poster I had as a kid(man Id love to replace it!!)

I also think Fett is going to be so popular, the only way to get him is through SS

Reaction score

no that is ridiculous in a certain way...I personally know the vendor I buy from all teh time...and he always gets a lot of these figures...granted not the Exclusive ones, but I am never shut out of the regular editions...

I know what you mean about that Leia pose...this is going to be one hot figure...now only is they can do her in that laying down slave girl leia pose too! That would be hot!

Reaction score

I've noticed with the Sideshow stuff, unless you're getting the exclusive, there's almost no reason to go through Sideshow. The Leia sucks, because I really want the exclusive and it's $25 more than the regular; but then you see all the retailers selling the regular for ~$215. I like Sideshow's flex-pay, so I'll order the exclusives through that when I can.

Reaction score

plus it seems like the retailers ship theirs out faster so you get it quicker from them as opposed to if you ordered it directly from Sideshow

Reaction score

anavrin0901 said:
leia214 said:

why don't you just look on the secondary market for a reputable seller...I get all my stuff from Razors Edge Collectables. I never pay Sideshow full retail!
By the time I decided I wanted it, Razors Edge didn't have it on their site. Maybe they have it now but I haven't checked lately.

Reaction score

I had the exclusive Leia on preorder but decided to cancel it. Just couldn't justify the cost...hope I don't end up regretting it.

Reaction score

I'm on the waitlist for the exclusive, hopefully they just send it right on down to me. It is a lot of cash, but my girl would be stoked about getting it. Seems like a pretty good Birthday present.

Reaction score

Has anyone been charged already for this item?

Reaction score

I got the 7-10 day shipping notice eleven days ago, and nothing has happened yet. Not even a pending charge/preauthorization, which they do in advance of the items beginning to ship. I had hoped she would get shipped before SDCC but that's looking unlikely...

Reaction score

I can't get over how awesome this looks...

Perfect. Simply perfect.

Reaction score

Awesome shots!!!

Can't wait for her to show up either. My Wait List for the ex one changed from Reservation Submitted to Order Placed last week, then to Item Shipping soon couple days ago.

Prolly won't get processed till after SDCC.

Reaction score

myempire said:
Awesome shots!!!

Can't wait for her to show up either. My Wait List for the ex one changed from Reservation Submitted to Order Placed last week, then to Item Shipping soon couple days ago.

Dang! Mine doesn't say shipping soon, and I ordered it the second it went up!!!

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
myempire said:
Awesome shots!!!

Well, I ordered the regular version (displaying Leia with her signature Sporting Blaster is the only way to go
) through Fireside so I'm going to have to wait longer then both of you!

Hopefully not too much longer though!

Reaction score

Absoultely stunning. I am hoping to get one off of eBay for around or under $200. It really completes the original PF ANH line. I would love to see a Stormtrooper though as well.

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
myempire said:
Awesome shots!!!

All the head-hanchos at SS are at SDCC, leaving someone behind to upkeep the site with shipping stats n whatnot and prolly jackin off.
I bet yours is on the postal truck as we speak.

Weasel27 said:
Well, I ordered the regular version (displaying Leia with her signature Sporting Blaster is the only way to go
) through Fireside so I'm going to have to wait longer then both of you!

Hopefully not too much longer though!
If the WL didn't come through I would have went the same route via eBay.

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
myempire said:
Awesome shots!!!

Might wanna call'em up and see whats going on.
I got the Fed-Ex email with tracking last night at around 8, then SS emailed me at 3AM with shipping stats.

Reaction score

Looks like I will have to be canceling this beauty...I'm foreseeing a lot of my funds going into SS 1/6 scale line of figures and accessories. It's still a win, win situation. Some lucky wait-list member for the exclusive will soon be getting an email unless I change my mind. Oh man this is going to hard, having to cancel this piece. Choices, choices...

Reaction score

My exclusive Leia shipped yesterday. Unfortunately it takes a week for me to get packages from CA.