SSC 1:4 Scale General Grievous part 1

Reaction score
Does anybody have the sideshow Grievous statue - regular or exclusive - if so can you post some pictures of the statue and packaging.

Thanks.,

EDIT: Title changed to streamline the multiple threads. This is now the official thread for this piece. All other threads still exist, but we ask that all additional discussions continue in this thread. -admin

Reaction score
Re: Sideshow Grievous - Anybody have one yet.

has anyone even been charged yet?

Reaction score

I can't wait to see some pictures of this bad boy.

Reaction score

Some people have started to receive this. Here's some pics from a member over at StatueForum.com

Reaction score

I have one ordered but no charge yet.

Reaction score

I guess I will have a fun time looking for one on ebay, it looks great!

Reaction score
Re: Sideshow Grievous - Anybody have one yet - .

Has anybody else received theirs yet - I really want to see more pictures than the ones on statueforum.

Reaction score

I still haven't been charged yet. I ordered this thing over a year ago, and I am dieing to finally get this thing. Any one have pics yet wearing the cape?

Reaction score

I have the exclusive on order and my card hasn't been pre-authorized yet. We are past the 20-25 day window they gave us in their last update, and haven't received a 5-7 or 3-5 day e-mail. This piece has been delayed.

Sideshow received only a very few of the exclusives in their warehouse and are currently holding on until they get a bigger batch. When that happens, they will start to ship. However, that will not be for another week or so. We will probably get our final notices next week, and he will start shipping after the Memorial Day weekend.

Frustrating--but the wait is almost over!

Reaction score

Got mine too! I will post pictures as soon as he arrives. Beign in California, I get him the next morning. I really hope it ends up being more like three days, so that he can ship Friday and arrive Saturday!

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
Got mine too! I will post pictures as soon as he arrives. Beign in California, I get him the next morning. I really hope it ends up being more like three days, so that he can ship Friday and arrive Saturday!
What? I've had this thing on pre-order since it was first available and I've never recieved any updates as to shipping.

Reaction score

boba_flint said:
What? I've had this thing on pre-order since it was first available and I've never recieved any updates as to shipping.
That's not a good sign. I received a 20-25 day notice on April 24th, and a 3-5 day notice today telling me they were about to charge my card. If you haven't received anything at all, I would contact Sideshow if I were you. Better safe than sorry.

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
i got my 3-5 notice too!!!

i don't think you'll get yours this week though....says allow 3-5 to show up at their warehouse then...

Please allow 7-10 business days, from the date of your tracking e-mail, for delivery of your package.

Reaction score

Ditto on the email.
My Exclusive General Grievous should be here next week. I think I'll display him mounted as a hood ornament on my Xterra. I'll keep the cape handy as a car wash chamois.
-theropod

Reaction score

i also got the e mail. anyone been charged yet?

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
boba_flint said:
That's not a good sign. I received a 20-25 day notice on April 24th, and a 3-5 day notice today telling me they were about to charge my card. If you haven't received anything at all, I would contact Sideshow if I were you. Better safe than sorry.
I called Sideshow and they don't know why I did not get any email updates thier records show an email was sent to me yesterday. I was also told they should start shipping at the end of this week so my card should be card in the next day of two.

Reaction score

I got the last one BBTS had for pre-order 2 days ago. It's the regular edition without the cape, but who cares since he doesn't wear the cape when his arms are split like that anyway. Of course, I'm just rationalizing because I wish I had gotten the exclusive!

Anyway, I got my shipping e-mail today!

By the way, is there anyone here who plans to keep him in the box? I'm on the fence because I really don't have a place to put him now.

Reaction score

DocVader said:
By the way, is there anyone here who plans to keep him in the box? I'm on the fence because I really don't have a place to put him now.
I just can't justify spending $400+ on something and leaving it in a box
. I've got a nice place all picked out for him on my bookcase.

Reaction score

DocVader said:
I
You've got to take this out of the box! Put him on top of your refrigerator if you have to. This is too cool not to have on display.

Reaction score

MEANS said:
i don't think you'll get yours this week though....says allow 3-5 to show up at their warehouse then...

Please allow 7-10 business days, from the date of your tracking e-mail, for delivery of your package.
We shall see...

I live about three hours from Sideshow, so when they ship it Friday evening, FedEx delivers it Saturday morning. I am hoping like crazy that he will ship out Friday so that I will have him by this weekend. I ordered him about twenty minutes after he went up (and this was before the online newsletter or streamlined priority preorders). I have all my fingers crossed--and all twelve toes...

Reaction score

tomandshell said:
MEANS said:

We shall see...

I live about three hours from Sideshow, so when they ship it Friday evening, FedEx delivers it Saturday morning. I am hoping like crazy that he will ship out Friday so that I will have him by this weekend. I ordered him about twenty minutes after he went up (and this was before the online newsletter or streamlined priority preorders). I have all my fingers crossed--and all twelve toes...
cool, well i hope you get it soon as do i with mine, plus will memorial day screw things up if we don't get this before saturday??

Reaction score

a local toy shop has him sitting on the shelf. FANTASTIC. yet i still dont have mine

Reaction score

amdevil said:
a local toy shop has him sitting on the shelf. FANTASTIC. yet i still dont have mine
is it the exclusive one with the cape?

Reaction score

MEANS said:
amdevil said:
is it the exclusive one with the cape?
Yes. That's the exclusive version.

Reaction score

i know the exclusive comes with the cape, i was asking which version the toy shop he saw it at had.

Reaction score

MEANS said:
i know the exclusive comes with the cape, i was asking which version the toy shop he saw it at had.
Whoops!
Sorry, I misread what you posted! I thought you asked if the exclusive was the one with the cape. My bad.

Reaction score

Weasel27 said:
MEANS said:
Whoops!
Sorry, I misread what you posted! I thought you asked if the exclusive was the one with the cape. My bad.
no prob, i've noticed some people getting the non-exclusive one, i ordered the exclusive so that's why i was wondering which version that shop had, it would be a good sign if it was the exclusive.

Reaction score
Reaction score

MEANS said:
Weasel27 said:
MEANS said:
Whoops!
no prob, i've noticed some people getting the non-exclusive one, i ordered the exclusive so that's why i was wondering which version that shop had, it would be a good sign if it was the exclusive.
It's not the exclusive version that they have. However, it's still bloody impressive. I hadn't realized quite how huge that thing is. The only complaint I have is that he doesn't seem to be much taller than the PF Han and Obi-Wan, though I suppose that could be because he's slightly hunched over. The amount of detail, though, blew my socks off.

Reaction score

I'm very concerned about Grivous surviving the shipping process intact. He is so fragile looking I have visions of arms and lightsabers snapping off. I don't even want to imagine the disappointment if I get one that is damaged.

Reaction score

zapcity said:
I'm very concerned about Grivous surviving the shipping process intact. He is so fragile looking I have visions of arms and lightsabers snapping off. I don't even want to imagine the disappointment if I get one that is damaged.
Please don't get me worrying about that. It may come in a few pieces though. Maybe some assembly required or something. Otherwise, that would be a huge box.

Reaction score

there's a link somebody posted in the other grievous thread(the one with the shiping 20-25 days title) that somebody showed the box it came in and it was very well packed, the owner complained about how long it took to get him out of the box, i think we'll be ok.

Reaction score

i didnt get one yet but....just a few days ago i signed up for the exclusive version wait list. today it was converted to an order.
i was suprised i was able to get this version so late.