SSC 1:2 Darth Sidious Bust

Reaction score
Re: Darth Sidious LSB

Very nice looking. The teeth look amazing. 110% improvement over Obi-Wan LSB. I do not collect these in general, but this may end up being a must have for me. I will have to wait for full reveal and then decide. From the first look shot, I am very impressed.

Reaction score

Looks amazing! Bring on Vader, Boba Fett and a Stormtrooper!!

Reaction score

A nice surprise and a fantastic looking sculpt. I just hope they get the robe colour the correct "elephant grey" like they did on the 12" figure and not wrong like they did with the brown robe used on the senate duel diorama.

Reaction score

looks good so far..can't wait for the full reveal...definitely need to see more characters and Emperor needs a PF treatment

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
Doesn't really look like Sidious...
I agree. I think most of the problem is in the lower part of the face. His jaw seems too narrow.

Image from Wookieepedia...

Reaction score

note sure if I want to get into this line... but definately excited for the full reveal!

Reaction score

I'm thinking SS has really upped the ante with this one. Sure it may not look exactly like Sidious but how many human likenesses from anyone have you ever seen that were spot on? They are few and very far between. I'm not leaning either way until the full reveal but I'll give SS the chance to make up my mind. It's looking REALLY good right now and I'm not really a PT fan. I did get Cody because it was just to cool to pass on.

Reaction score

blue_rogue said:

[image]
[/image]

Looks close enough to Sidious for me!
I never thought of a Sidious LSB. I'm VERY eager to see the pics on the 16th!

Reaction score

Likeness is definitely not 100% true to McDiarmid as Sidious, but it is good enough. On the other hand, some details like skin and cloth texture or teeth are simply stunning. A must buy for me.

Reaction score
Reaction score

Looks too much like a floating head to me.
I don't think these 1:1 busts or LBSs are for me.

Reaction score

Vitus said:
Looks too much like a floating head to me.
100% agree. The face is pretty good but the overall statue looks comical. The Sidious Pez dispenser comes to mind.

Reaction score

Its ok...I guess the human LSB's likeness are too hard to ask for...I'll wait for the Emperor PF...

Reaction score

Looks pretty good. But I agree with the floating head comment above. It looks like a swirling, floating head.

Reaction score

It looks great, but i agree with the floating head comments. Maybe if he had a left arm it would help.

Reaction score

I think even shoulders would help. The Old Ben one has at least some shoulders. I like the portrait but will take some time to think about ordering this one.

Reaction score

I would love to add this piece to my collection, but right now I just don't have $250.

The overall quality on the Emperor is just so much better than Ben, I believe.

Reaction score

I don't have the cash but, the 360% sold me! I pre-ordered and I'm hoping to get up the funds!

Reaction score

Despite my reservations on the robe colour I have ordered one. Used some points so it was cheaper than getting from a UK supplier

Reaction score

Woody said:
Despite my reservations on the robe colour I have ordered one. Used some points so it was cheaper than getting from a UK supplier
You've mentioned this robe color issue three times. Do you have a picture showing how it should look? The color seems fine to me based on the studio shot posted above in this thread.

Reaction score

I ordered one from Razor's Edge since there is no exclusive. Going to display it with the MR lightsaber.

Reaction score

BenObi_70 said:
Woody said:
You've mentioned this robe color issue three times. Do you have a picture showing how it should look? The color seems fine to me based on the studio shot posted above in this thread.
Robe color is accurate to the senate battle scene in Revenge.

Reaction score

This Palps head really needs some shoulders... It looks like it has been taken by a hurricane

Reaction score

I'm getting the "Elephant Grey" colour from the Dressing A Galaxy book by Trisha Biggar, the person who designed the costumes for the PT. That is how the Senate Duel robe is described in the book. Now I know thay can make mistakes in books but I'm happy to side with the book on this one.

Sideshow's 12" figure had a grey robe:

http://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/16palpatine-sidious/image21.asp

I am therefore surprised they went with a brown robe for the diorama and now the bust.

In some shots in the film, mainly in Sidious' office it does look brown in shots due to lighting. However when the fight moves up in to the Senate arena and Sidious starts flinging pods around the robe is shown to be grey.

Here's some links to different shots of the robe:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070126121653/starwars/images/5/58/Sidious_Ready_For_a_Duel.png

http://img224.imageshack.us/i/sidious9fv.png/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/Parno2/YodaSenateDuel.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/ys34ue.jpg/

The colour used on the bust doesn't look like that in any of the pictures above to me

Maybe it's the PT's version of Han's Hoth Coat

Reaction score

The color is really hard to see in those screen caps you've posted links to. They're really dark.
Just to be clear, you're saying the color in the robe below is gray and just looks brown due to lighting?

I wonder if Trisha Biggar was refering to another Palps outfit and the editor screwed up.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Maybe it's the PT's version of Han's Hoth Coat

[/QUOTE]
Could be!

Reaction score

I do think lighting has a alot to do with how this robe looks. I'm sure it's similar to Padme's "Peacock Dress" in that in certain lights it can appear a different colour. When the fight moves up from the office up in to the full Senate Chamber it looks totally different to when Yoda first confronts Sidious in his office.

It also doesn't make sense to me to see THE Dark Lord Of The Sith in brown when you think of how GL uses colours in the films. Brown is more a Jedi colour. Anakin starts off in tan and then his outfit gets darker through each film, plus the browns he wears are darker than the other Jedi. The closer he gets to becoming Vader, the darker the colour. Dooku wears blacks with brown, which ties in the fact he is a bad guy but is a fallen Jedi. Then you have Darth Maul with the black and red. Palpatine starts off with blues but then through AOTC and ROTS moves to red and blacks the closer he becomes to Emperor.

I've just double-checked the deluxe version of the book and ther is a double page spread of the Senate Duel Outfit on pages 30 -31 and it says "Darth Sidious Elephant Grey Outfit"

One is the picture that you posted with super-imposed lightsaber and red light whilst the other is of Sidious stood there with his arms by his side and no digital effects added.

The other oufits worn in ROTS are described as:

Red Senate Robe - The one worn in the Senate with the creation of the Empire address

Black Cloak & Robe - The one worn on Mustafar and when Vader is built

Leaving the colour issue aside, I really do like the sculpt on this LSB and I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection. Should look great with the MR lightsaber.

Reaction score

These are outta my budget, but I can sure appriciate how sweet they are!