SSC 1:2 Darth Maul Figure

Reaction score
WOW! It's $1,999 with $400 non-refundable deposit. That more than a house payment. With this economy, no thanks. Very flipped awesome,but not worth that type of cabbage. Might have pulled the trigger if around $800

Reaction score
I was expecting $2k and seriously considering it...but they did not change the size of that saber hilt - it looks too large to me.

Reaction score
I was expecting $2k and seriously considering it...but they did not change the size of that saber hilt - it looks too large to me.
Damn, Ambasah your a serious balla...

Anyways, its a cool statue but not $2k cool...There are a lot of 'grails' that I rather get than this...Congrats to those who are going to buy this, it will make a great addition to any collection.

Reaction score
That is one of THE most beautiful things I ever seen!!!!!!! But, too rich for my blood.:cower: I can't see them making large editions sizes for this line.

Reaction score
This piece is indeed amazing but $2k is to much for me. I was hoping for $1500 or less to even consider getting this. I would have to cancel all my pre-orders and sell some of my prized pieces to get this and that's not happening. I'm more than happy with my Maul 1:1 bust and PF.

Reaction score
For this money I could get a 1:1 Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Scout on mannequin or even a 1:1 Darth Vader if add a bit more $. No way a scaled statue worth this much IMO (this is not Rodin LOL). That is why I passed on the Cinemaquette line, way overpriced for 1:3. This one is 1:2 but still $2000 is a lot for a non 1:1 collectible. And when people visit a collection room, scaled items are always less impressive than life-size. Always.

Reaction score
For this money I could get a 1:1 Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Scout on mannequin or even a 1:1 Darth Vader if add a bit more $. No way a scaled statue worth this much IMO (this is not Rodin LOL). That is why I passed on the Cinemaquette line, way overpriced for 1:3. This one is 1:2 but still $2000 is a lot for a non 1:1 collectible. And when people visit a collection room, scaled items are always less impressive than life-size. Always.
Well said Sergiu...I passed on those Cinemaquettes as well, not only for the price, but to me most of their statues look off for the prices they charge. But a 1:1 is a lot better that a 1:2 or even a 1:3 scaled item in that price range.

Reaction score
I wonder if Razor's or UC will get any and drop the price at all. For $2000 it needs to be absolutely flawless.

Reaction score
If I had a focus and it was Maul. This would be a no brainer for me and I'd buy it.

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see how much it's going to from UK sellers. Don't fancy the $400 NRD from Sideshow and the shipping costs are bound to be astronomical, but I have asked them for a quote.

Reaction score
I must be one of the only people who find these half scale figures odd and pointless.

I agree, either make 1:1 or keep to the scale representations we already have.....This is just strange. They remind me of the shrunken people from Inner Space, that Martin Short, Meg Ryan , Dennis Quaid film.

Reaction score
My wife seriously gave me an option of using our tax return money to help fund this, she's the best! The only draw back is the price and how off the proportions look. For $2G's, this has too look like a mini Darth Maul and not an oompa loompa.

Reaction score
I must be one of the only people who find these half scale figures odd and pointless.

I agree, either make 1:1 or keep to the scale representations we already have.....This is just strange. They remind me of the shrunken people from Inner Space, that Martin Short, Meg Ryan , Dennis Quaid film.
Just catching up on this piece, and I have to say that I can't agree more with SirT. If you want to put out THE Maul collectible, just go on and make the full 1:1. Those who really want the definition of Maul will probably pick it up (if they can afford it). Otherwise, I think for its price, the PF is a great collectible.

Reaction score
Just catching up on this piece, and I have to say that I can't agree more with SirT. If you want to put out THE Maul collectible, just go on and make the full 1:1. Those who really want the definition of Maul will probably pick it up (if they can afford it). Otherwise, I think for its price, the PF is a great collectible.
Personally I like the 1:2 scale, not the price. :nightmare: 1:1 just takes up too much space. LOVE the Innerspace pic!:excitement: Haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. Not sure if I want to, I don't think it will have the same appeal. Back to Maul, the PF is one of THE finest Star Wars collectibles out there! And a HELLOFA lot cheaper then the 1:2!:encouragement:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got a 17 days processing e-mail from Sideshow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking forward to some in hand pics of this one as well. It's been a long time since this first when on Pre-order.

Reaction score
The size of this thing is amazing! Wish I had the cash for it. This pic from the Freaks boards shows it:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it looks awesome as well. I wish it wasn't 2K though can't justify spending 2k on a 1/2 statue at this time.

Reaction score
Looks very cool but you could get so many really nice collectibles for 2k that would have just as much wow factor

It is amazing tho and good luck to anyone who does go for it :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I'm okay getting the $250 mythos statue this month instead. But again if you getting this congrats and let's some more pics.

Reaction score
Sideshow will charge my card for Maul tomorrow. Can't wait to receive him.

Reaction score
Too much cloth on this statue. Just imagine a Maul without all these robes, and then you can see how cool it might be. Also for 2k you can make a 1:1 Maul, way more impressive than any scaled statue.

Reaction score
Maul finally arrived today. I absolutely love it, this LSF is a really impressive and awesome statue. In person, proportions don´t seem to be off and the lightsaber size (although a bit bulky) is not really distracting. On the other hand, although I love it, I think it is overpriced. Something between $1000-$1500 would have been a fair price in my opinion.

Sorry, I forgot to take pics with the lightsaber blades.

Reaction score
Hello Outer-rim!

Firstly congrats for your purchase! It's awesome!

I have a few questions, can you confirm that the color of the paint on the face is red? Because your photos make me doubt, it seems that the color is more orange.

And also about the head, for you the paint job is more realistic than the PF for example? What's your impression?

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Kenobiv.

His face is painted in red. Lights were directly positioned to his head when I took the picture and my camera made him look orangish, but it is red. Paint job on the LSF sculpt is superior to the PF one, which always seemed flat to me. Due to the scale, LSF is obviously a lot more detailed compared to the PF (sculpt and paint-wise), you can see it by the texture of the skin, eyes, horns...

Reaction score
Thanks Kenobiv.

His face is painted in red. Lights were directly positioned to his head when I took the picture and my camera made him look orangish, but it is red. Paint job on the LSF sculpt is superior to the PF one, which always seemed flat to me. Due to the scale, LSF is obviously a lot more detailed compared to the PF (sculpt and paint-wise), you can see it by the texture of the skin, eyes, horns...
Ok thank you very much Outer_Rim B)

And do not hesitate to take more pics of this bad guy :weeabooface:

Congrats again for your purchase!

Reaction score
Congrats outer rim. Looks very impressive a lot of nice Maul stuff going around lately. Does the saber handle look that big in person? I noticed in all the pictures I have seen so far the saber handle looks real big. Regardless of the saber it looks super nice though. Also I noticed you have the Sidious Legendary scaled bust in the background. How do you like it? I was thinking about picking one up being it's on sale on the SS site.

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Congrats outer rim. Looks very impressive a lot of nice Maul stuff going around lately. Does the saber handle look that big in person? I noticed in all the pictures I have seen so far the saber handle looks real big. Regardless of the saber it looks super nice though. Also I noticed you have the Sidious Legendary scaled bust in the background. How do you like it? I was thinking about picking one up being it's on sale on the SS site.
The saber is a bit bulky, but it is nothing to really bother about. In hand, it doesn´t look as big as the pictures shown. My biggest concern about the saber is they didn´t pay attention to details and the covertec wheel was painted in silver instead of black.

I love Sidious LSB. McDiarmid likeness is far from perfect, but it is that anger expression on his face what makes this bust so great. Here are some pics I took sometime ago.

Last edited: