SSC 1:2 Darth Maul Figure

Reaction score
Re: SSC Legendary Scale Darth Maul Figure

Won't love the price tag!

Sideshow has a huge thing for Maul too! 2 PFs, 1 Lifesize Bust, 1 1/6 figure and now this?! And don't they have a Maul LSB coming too?!

Reaction score

He is the coolest character besides Palps in PT. Too bad he was killed.

Reaction score

deathstar1000 said:
Love the pose!

Me too! And that "I'm going to f-you up" look on his face!
AWESOME! I'm sure it will be out of my price range.

Reaction score

pics from the show have sealed the deal for me. I will be selling all my statues of him to fund this masterpiece.

Reaction score

Theres a video over on sandtroopers.com where the guy filming asks the sideshow dude setting these up what the price point would be. The rep doesn't say for certain, but he says around 18 to 2 gran. 1800-2000. Yikes. Its towards the end of the clip....at about 6 minutes, 40 seconds.
http://sandtroopers.com/

Reaction score

just noticed on another forum that his saber is too big (diameter). I hope SS corrects this.

Reaction score

I'm really consider selling a lot to fund this! It's hard though at $2000, I'm really hoping it will be less!

Reaction score

wow 2k for a statue..... I dont think there are gonna be alot of buyers even though it is an awesome statue

Reaction score

DarthLuis said:
I'm really consider selling a lot to fund this! It's hard though at $2000, I'm really hoping it will be less!
You and me both bro!

Reaction score

lordquigon said:
DarthLuis said:
You and me both bro!

I need to get maul somehow... I wish it was in the 1000 to 1200 range.

Reaction score

$1000-$1200 and it's mine, anything more than $1500, no go for me, i can't justify spending that much on a scaled item, i could a 1:1 commisioned at that cost...

Reaction score

I agree $1,500 is the limit for me as well. Even with that price I will have to sell my maul PF and other things as well.

Reaction score

Msjedi36 said:
I agree $1,500 is the limit for me as well. Even with that price I will have to sell my maul PF and other things as well.
I'm a fan all things Maul, i would sell most of my PF's besides Maul, most my SS 12 inch figs and all my EI-EIII hasbro figs, then i should be straight, $1500 max, come on SS lower the price to set the bar on newer more complex characters, if Maul is $2000 i can't imagine Vader, Boba or a Stormie.

Reaction score

I think Darth Maul's a great character and was the best thing in TPM, but isn't the market kinda saturated with Maul stuff at the moment though?

Reaction score

ambasah said:
just noticed on another forum that his saber is too big (diameter). I hope SS corrects this.
And the paint around the horns is wrong too. I can't believe they have the audacity to present something $2K with flaws. Pictures of the final product and actual price will be the ultimate deciding factors for me. It's too soon to say yes or no, because Sideshow is known to fix issues before production. However, if that is the final product, no deal.

Reaction score

Rodders said:
I think Darth Maul's a great character and was the best thing in TPM, but isn't the market kinda saturated with Maul stuff at the moment though?
I totally agree there has been way too much Maul stuff released/revealed within the last year or so. Nothing nearly as cool as this though.

Reaction score

Everyone's doing maul for the release of TPM next year. I personally can't have enough.

Reaction score

Maul and Palps are my favorite characters from PT. Too bad they didn't let Maul develop in the entire PT.

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
Maul and Palps are my favorite characters from PT. Too bad they didn't let Maul develop in the entire PT.
I feel Maul was in the film enough. Look at Boba Fett, what exactly did this character do besides looks cool? Nothing! Maul had much more character development in one film then Boba had in three. And Maul had some kick [censored] fight scenes. Boba got to take a couple shots, ohh. Maul = coolest Star Wars baddie!

Any word on the final cost of these?

Reaction score

I remember reading somewhere that Maul was killed off as he didn't want his popularity overshadowing Vader. I can understand where he's coming from there. Still, for his limited time on screen, he's still an exceptional creation.

Reaction score

lordquigon said:
Sergiu said:
I feel Maul was in the film enough. Look at Boba Fett, what exactly did this character do besides looks cool? Nothing! Maul had much more character development in one film then Boba had in three. And Maul had some kick [censored] fight scenes. Boba got to take a couple shots, ohh. Maul = coolest Star Wars baddie!

I never cared about Fett. And with the PT Fett history, even less now. As for Maul, he could have added some extra to the PT, because you already know my opinion on PT

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
lordquigon said:
Sergiu said:

I never cared about Fett. And with the PT Fett history, even less now. As for Maul, he could have added some extra to the PT, because you already know my opinion on PT
True, I know all to well!

At least we agree on Fett. I actually liked him more because of the PT. I never got the whole Fett/Solo thing. Overrated in my opinion.

It's so beautiful!

Reaction score

As always nicely done Shadow.
Thanks for posting them.

I WANT!
But, can't afford!

Reaction score

very nice pics, but all I can focus on is that oversized saber hilt.

Reaction score

Sideshow has said they'll fix the boots and the saber, it just seems like bad advertising to me. Why show off a prototype as the finished product when it clearly needs a lot of work still?

Reaction score
these figures are very cool - unlike previous posters though I think the only figure I could justify spending this much on would be a Han or Boba - and either would have to have the likeness nailed at that price as I would have try and sell a bunch just to afford it.

Reaction score
I would love to get this amazing piece to add to my Maul Bust and PF statue but I don't think I can swing this. I guess it all depends on price and how the Flex payments are spread out.