SSC 1:2 Darth Maul Bust

Reaction score
It's a bit disappointing, looks like its just his head with a hood over it..., I like Maul but I'm not particularly fond of buying just a head.

Reaction score
Hopefully he has an arm like the recent LSB's. At any rate it's good to see the line with two pieces up for pre-order, I didn't know they were doing a Maul in this line.

Reaction score
Hopefully he has an arm like the recent LSB's. At any rate it's good to see the line with two pieces up for pre-order, I didn't know they were doing a Maul in this line.
I am looking forward to seeing some more pics :) does the Emperor and OB1 have a arm on their LSB's?

Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing some more pics :) does the Emperor and OB1 have a arm on their LSB's?
Me too, we should get a full reveal next Tuesday. :D They don't, maybe it's only going to be the armored characters that have the right arm.

Reaction score
About time!! I remember Sideshow showing early development pictures like 3 years ago of this version of Maul. I think the paint looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. It's also a good sign that this line is still alive and well with Rex and now Maul. They showed early development pics of Fett at last years SDCC and it looked pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I actually can't wait to see some more pictures of this piece this might be the Maul statue I have been looking for if not it is defiantly a contender. Looks like the contest has started Koto 1:7 Maul VS Mythos Maul VS SSC 1:2 scale bust Maul.

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what price point this comes in at

Reaction score
About time!! I remember Sideshow showing early development pictures like 3 years ago of this version of Maul. I think the paint looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. It's also a good sign that this line is still alive and well with Rex and now Maul. They showed early development pics of Fett at last years SDCC and it looked pretty sweet.
It's the Stormtrooper bust they showed at SDCC 2011 that interests me the most, looking forward to seeing the Fett, Vader & 501st trooper too though. :)

Reaction score
From the sneak he looks a bit underwhelming. I would have gone without the hood and a snarl instead of a plain expression.

Reaction score
Hood up or down I would have been happy but I am glad he is not snarling Mauls teeth are had to get right.... Sometimes the just look terrible

Reaction score
Hood up or down I would have been happy but I am glad he is not snarling Mauls teeth are had to get right.... Sometimes the just look terrible
Hmmm..., hadn't really thought about his teeth as ever being wrong, maybe that's why sometimes I don't like depictions of him snarling then?!? Thanks for pointing that out, going to have to look at Maul in the film now & compare the likeness to those collectibles I'm not so fond of. :)

Reaction score
Viewing these pictures of new things on an iPhone isn't the best of ideas I'm now thinking, last night when I looked at the image it looked like they'd used cloth for the cloak hood & also it looked like they'd only made a head..., now on the computer screen I can see that's not the case so my earlier comment is actually wrong as it looks much better when you can see more detail. lol ;)

Reaction score
The blank expression on his face ruins it for me. They could have easily made him look more sinister without even showing any teeth. Instead he looks like he's going over the menu behind the counter of a fast food restaurant as he waits in line.

Reaction score
The blank expression on his face ruins it for me. They could have easily made him look more sinister without even showing any teeth. Instead he looks like he's going over the menu behind the counter of a fast food restaurant as he waits in line.
See I like his face we already know Maul is a bad***** and it is good to have a bit of change from the snarling beast like Maul we always see (don't get me wrong I love those poses as much as the next person) but it is good to see him like this also on closer inspection he is frowning a bit and he does look slightly sinister but not overdone I am quite happy with the looks of this piece. Also it's nice to see SSC actually release new pieces in this line and I am interested to see how Vader comes out.

Reaction score
The 1:1 bust has the teeth showing so I'm glad they went this way on 1:2 Bust. I really like it and I'm planning on getting one.

Reaction score
Well I am just looking forward to seeing some more pics and a price before I decide if he will be pre ordered.... I see the Rex LSB has been set a run of 500 pieces so I wonder if Maul will be the same??? Does anyone know the edition size of the Emperor and/or OB1 LSB's?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edition sizes: Cody- 800; Obi-Wan- 300; Sidious- 500
And SSC are still selling Sidious and Obi wan and so are heaps of other retailers so this line isn't the most popular which means this one will hopefully be around for some time. I quite like the Sidious bust it has a nice look about it.

Reaction score
Edition sizes: Cody- 800; Obi-Wan- 300; Sidious- 500
Thanks for the info :)

I too like the Sidious bust just always had something else to pick up so never pulled the trigger on it...

I do like the idea of having Sidious, Maul and Vader LSB's displayed together tho....

Reaction score
And SSC are still selling Sidious and Obi wan and so are heaps of other retailers so this line isn't the most popular which means this one will hopefully be around for some time. I quite like the Sidious bust it has a nice look about it.
I've been pondering on getting the Sidious bust myself, it's selling for £199.99 with free delivery so it's certainly a reasonable price I thought..., lack of space has stopped me buying it so far though. lol ;)

Reaction score
I've been pondering on getting the Sidious bust myself, it's selling for £199.99 with free delivery so it's certainly a reasonable price I thought..., lack of space has stopped me buying it so far though. lol ;)
Yeah I really like the Sidious bust it looks like they took his pose straight out of ROTS and it was made very well a lot of attention to detail in it I think I might also grab it.

Reaction score
Although I don't see Ray Park in that sculpt, it looks pretty cool and the price is not bad. I will probably order it.

Reaction score
This isn't close to looking like Ray Park and it appears that he's got a lazy eye. SS's 1:1 bust and PF were a lot better sculpts IMO.

Reaction score
I love Maul but every time I look at the pics all I see are the huge lines in his forehead. I thought his body got cut in half not his head.

Reaction score
I think his expression is just too plain. The GG hooded bust captured a great face. This is just neither evil looking or determined. He looks bored.

Reaction score
It is a shame he does not look a bit more evil in this sculpt, and his eye does seem to be wandering a bit..... Still looks like a cool piece tho

Dont know if I will pre order or not yet???

Anyone decided for sure if they will pick this up?

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see Ray Park as much as the 1:1 bust but I still think it looks pretty cool especially for the price. I'm a big fan of Maul and so I will picked this up along with the Sidious. I think both would look real nice together.

Reaction score
Looks great and like many of you said I would of preferred him to have a more evil expression but it still turned out great looks like I will be getting this piece and the Sidious since they are both awesome and will go well together in my Sith collection. I'm also planning on getting a Maul statue so it can complement this piece.