SSC 1:2 Captain Rex Bust

Reaction score
I was looking at the Sidious bust the other day and I thought Cody and Rex would look nice flanking Sidious and it's on sale on the SS site with Free Shipping. But I don't really like the statue either, there is something wrong with the eyes. I never really seen in hand pics of the bust either.
I wasn't sure what I didn't like the look of with regards to the bust, it just didn't look right to me some how BUT now that you've mentioned the eyes, that could well be it!!! :) I'd like to get hold of the Cody bust, just have to keep hunting on ebay for it now & see what the price is when it comes up for sale. :)

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what I didn't like the look of with regards to the bust, it just didn't look right to me some how BUT now that you've mentioned the eyes, that could well be it!!! :) I'd like to get hold of the Cody bust, just have to keep hunting on ebay for it now & see what the price is when it comes up for sale. :)
I had the Cody bust awhile ago and traded it for a replica Saber and now I wish I haven't done that. I remember when I traded it away my wife said don't trade away that's a really cool looking statue. She really never comments on any of my SW collectibles. Oh well I really thought the line was dead but now I'm hoping the price doesn't go up now that Rex is available. I also have just made my last payment for the 501st 1:1 bust so I need to make more room for all these clones.

Reaction score
I had the Cody bust awhile ago and traded it for a replica Saber and now I wish I haven't done that. I remember when I traded it away my wife said don't trade away that's a really cool looking statue. She really never comments on any of my SW collectibles. Oh well I really thought the line was dead but now I'm hoping the price doesn't go up now that Rex is available. I also have just made my last payment for the 501st 1:1 bust so I need to make more room for all these clones.
I'd have said the same thing as your wife I recon..., definitely not something to part with once you've got it. :) I'm glad they've made Rex, looking forward to getting that & I'd really love to get the 501st 1:1 scale bust, that looks amazing but it's just to big..., I wouldn't have anywhere to put it, I am glad to see they have a 1:2 scale bust of a 501st clone trooper in the works though, at least I'll be able to get that..., can find a place for smaller busts. :)

Reaction score
I'd have said the same thing as your wife I recon..., definitely not something to part with once you've got it. :) I'm glad they've made Rex, looking forward to getting that & I'd really love to get the 501st 1:1 scale bust, that looks amazing but it's just to big..., I wouldn't have anywhere to put it, I am glad to see they have a 1:2 scale bust of a 501st clone trooper in the works though, at least I'll be able to get that..., can find a place for smaller busts. :)

I would have reconsidered getting the 1:1 bust if I knew they were going to expand the 1:2 line. I especially would have never got rid of the Cody bust. Like yoda would say "Patience you must learn" . I really do like the 501St bust though I fell in love with it when I saw some in hand pics from other scummers. The detail is just amazing and I plan to display it next to the Vader bust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would have reconsidered getting the 1:1 bust if I knew they were going to expand the 1:2 line. I especially would have never got rid of the Cody bust. Like yoda would say "Patience you must learn" . I really do like the 501St bust though I fell in love with it when I saw some in hand pics from other scummers. The detail is just amazing and I plan to display it next to the Vader bust.
The 501st bust does look very impressive, I'd have it in my collection if I could find a home for it..., maybe next year when I move though. :)

Reaction score
I did wonder that myself & re-watched the youtube video to double check, I think it will probably just be a case of a swap out head. :) & with regards to the Captain Rex bust, I've now pre-ordered this..., it's just too good to pass up!!! B)
It's a big piece to have a swap out head on but I agree, I can't see them making two Vader's in this line, I just hoipe he's next and then Boba with the jatpack. :D Can't say I blame you lol Where did you order it?

Reaction score
Personally I'd like both of them if I can afford it, I wouldn't want to buy every bust they make though..., not a fan of the Darth Sidious they've got for sale at the moment so it's not going to be added to my collection, if they go ahead with the one's in the video I'd certainly buy all of those..., I just hope they don't take forever to release them all. :)
The Sidious isn't that bad but I wouldn't buy it, just not my taste. The Stormy and Vader will look pretty awesome together they will go together nicely in my OT section of my collection.

Reaction score
It's a big piece to have a swap out head on but I agree, I can't see them making two Vader's in this line, I just hoipe he's next and then Boba with the jatpack. :D Can't say I blame you lol Where did you order it?
It looks like they are going to be making a 1:2 scale bust of a 501st clone trooper with a swap out head (human head & clone helmet) so I think it's an option they are looking at, having said that..., I've been thinking about it & I'm now wondering if the Vader is just a concept bust with a Ralph McQuarrie different Vader helmet head if it's a swap out??? The reason I am thinking this is because the concept Darth Vader's uniform is different from the screen version so they couldn't really make a swap out head for it.

& I ordered Captain Rex from Collectibles Direct..., it's £256.00 which wasn't to bad I thought but I figured it'll probably cost about that getting it from Sideshow anyway after shipping costs, handling fees & customs fees too. :)

Reaction score
The Sidious isn't that bad but I wouldn't buy it, just not my taste. The Stormy and Vader will look pretty awesome together they will go together nicely in my OT section of my collection.
Sounds like a good plan..., I want the Stormtrooper to go with my PF statue personally, I think they'll look great displayed side by side..., will know if the idea works when I get the Captain Rex PF statue & bust though, if they look good displayed together then all statues & busts should do (I think). :)

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan..., I want the Stormtrooper to go with my PF statue personally, I think they'll look great displayed side by side..., will know if the idea works when I get the Captain Rex PF statue & bust though, if they look good displayed together then all statues & busts should do (I think). :)
Do you know when the Rex PF is going to be shipped out ? Because from memory it has been out for a while now.

Reaction score
Do you know when the Rex PF is going to be shipped out ? Because from memory it has been out for a while now.
According to Sideshow's website the Rex PF statue isn't due for release until December so at a guess I'd say I'm not going to be seeing my statue of him until next year. The bust version has a release date of April but I was told it could take up to August next year before it's released..., that's a very long wait for a collectible if it's true. :|

Reaction score
According to Sideshow's website the Rex PF statue isn't due for release until December so at a guess I'd say I'm not going to be seeing my statue of him until next year. The bust version has a release date of April but I was told it could take up to August next year before it's released..., that's a very long wait for a collectible if it's true. :|
Wow that's quite a wait especially for the bust I understand they need time to make them all but still August is just a bit to long especially since he is your favorite charactor and I can tell you really want both of them (bust and PF) it will be the same with me and Malgus once I pre order it I will want it to come like the next day but reality is that I will have to wait quite some time.

Reaction score
Wow that's quite a wait especially for the bust I understand they need time to make them all but still August is just a bit to long especially since he is your favorite charactor and I can tell you really want both of them (bust and PF) it will be the same with me and Malgus once I pre order it I will want it to come like the next day but reality is that I will have to wait quite some time.
Hopefully the bust release date is April & not August as it'll be nice to get it with my Malgus PF statue too..., I was a bit confused with regards to the Malgus PF statue order though, Sideshow have a release date on March 2013 but when they worked out my payments the last one is in April??? I always thought they timed your payments in line with the release of the item your pre-ordering??? :\

Reaction score
Hopefully the bust release date is April & not August as it'll be nice to get it with my Malgus PF statue too..., I was a bit confused with regards to the Malgus PF statue order though, Sideshow have a release date on March 2013 but when they worked out my payments the last one is in April??? I always thought they timed your payments in line with the release of the item your pre-ordering??? :\
I'm not sure why they did that, I will not be going on a payment play once my pay comes in i will have enough to just pay for it fully that way the payment is over and done with also do you have to pay for postage and customs taxes separately or do they include it in the overal price ?

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they did that, I will not be going on a payment play once my pay comes in i will have enough to just pay for it fully that way the payment is over and done with also do you have to pay for postage and customs taxes separately or do they include it in the overal price ?
Sideshow charge you for shipping but the customs fees are charged separately by the courier company they use, I don't know if UPS are in Australia??? That's who they use in the UK, they are pretty quick to deliver, I usually get my parcels from them within 3 or 4 days which is impressive considering the parcels are coming from America. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks like they are going to be making a 1:2 scale bust of a 501st clone trooper with a swap out head (human head & clone helmet) so I think it's an option they are looking at, having said that..., I've been thinking about it & I'm now wondering if the Vader is just a concept bust with a Ralph McQuarrie different Vader helmet head if it's a swap out??? The reason I am thinking this is because the concept Darth Vader's uniform is different from the screen version so they couldn't really make a swap out head for it.

& I ordered Captain Rex from Collectibles Direct..., it's £256.00 which wasn't to bad I thought but I figured it'll probably cost about that getting it from Sideshow anyway after shipping costs, handling fees & customs fees too. :)
That 501st LSB is pretty ambitous given the size of the gun and doing a human sculpt of that size. Good point on the Vader, I looked at the video again and it may have just been the stages of development pics that made me think there were two heads. I also noticed that he's doing the force choke action with his hand, not the clenched fist pose as I initially though. The Boba jetpack is also just the top half.

Yeah that's a reasonable price, I was hoping Forbidden Planet International would get it as I already have an account there.

Reaction score
Sideshow charge you for shipping but the customs fees are charged separately by the courier company they use, I don't know if UPS are in Australia??? That's who they use in the UK, they are pretty quick to deliver, I usually get my parcels from them within 3 or 4 days which is impressive considering the parcels are coming from America. :)
Oh alright I didn't know about that, I'm not sure if UPS is in Aus I'm guessing they are but if not there are heaps of other couriers in Aus it's just a matter of time I guess until I find out. 3 to 4 days is pretty good I hate it when it takes a while to come especially when you pre order the statue and you waited a while for it to be released the last thing you want is to wait even longer for it to be delivered.

Reaction score
I couldn't resist, I pre-ordered one of these beauties from Forbidden Planet! :D

Reaction score
It does look awesome doesn't it Jang0!!! :) I ordered mine from Collectibles Direct, £6.01 more expensive than Forbidden Plant but I had discount points worth £20.00 & I also get free delivery so it works out cheaper overall really..., I'm planning on displaying this next to the premium format Rex statue I also pre-ordered, I think they'll look great together!!! :)

Reaction score
Yeah it looks stunning Kev, I swore to myself I'd only go for Vader and maybe Boba in this line given the size, but I like a Rex a lot on The Clone Wars and this bust is just superb. :D

Reaction score
Yeah it looks stunning Kev, I swore to myself I'd only go for Vader and maybe Boba in this line given the size, but I like a Rex a lot on The Clone Wars and this bust is just superb. :D
I'm still kicking myself that I never bought the Cody version..., really want that bust now. :) Although I'd like all of the new busts in the works at the moment I'm only committing myself to definitely buying the Stormtrooper, obviously that may change when I see the promotional pictures for the other busts though. :)

Reaction score
At the rate Sideshow is moving with this line the Stormtrooper will be released in 2020.

Reaction score
At the rate Sideshow is moving with this line the Stormtrooper will be released in 2020.
I was kind of hoping we'd see in next year but I can see your point as its not a very regular line, I'd actually forgotten about it to be honest.

Reaction score
Finally getting charged another flex payment on Rex.
Thats good news then, it's never fun when you order something & then it gets delayed..., I pre-ordered this one from a retailer so won't get it until a couple of months after Sideshow release it but I'm glad to know it's going to be on it's way. :)

Reaction score
I hope SS continues this line running. Captain Rex looks great.
Well we've already seen in the works designs for a Stormtrooper, Dath Vader, Boba Fett & a 501st clone trooper PLUS Darth Maul is already up for pre-order so this line is looking quite healthy really I think. :)

Reaction score
Well we've already seen in the works designs for a Stormtrooper, Dath Vader, Boba Fett & a 501st clone trooper PLUS Darth Maul is already up for pre-order so this line is looking quite healthy really I think. :)
You're definitely right. I should order palpatine while on clearance. Darth Maul looks great by the way,

Reaction score
Finally broke down and ordered this dude.

Gonna look great next to my Cody!
I'd like the Cody bust myself, didn't get it because I stupidly just assumed it was 1:1 scale..., ordered the Rex bust to go with my premium format statue of him, think it'll be a good companion piece. :)

Reaction score
For the cody owners out there what is the foot print demensions of his base. Cant find the info in SS.

Reaction score
Not in my collection room right now, but from memory(admittedly not the best!) it's less that six inches diameter...

Reaction score
Finally on the 30 day shipping list in today's newsletter!
I ordered mine from a UK retailer so I recon that means I'll see mine a couple of months after release..., glad it's finally on its way, seems far to long since we saw the finished article & release date. :(

Reaction score
Just got a notice from SSC saying ...

Your pre-order of the Captain Rex - LSB will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 19 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct before (approximately) Tuesday, July 9, 2013.