SSC 1:2 Captain Rex Bust

Reaction score
Re: LSB: Captain Rex

No no no.

If they make this I'll have to buy it and I don't want to spend $400+ on a collectible.

Reaction score

SpecialOpsUnit said:
No no no.

If they make this I'll have to buy it and I don't want to spend $400+ on a collectible.
It won't be that much. The Obi-Wan and Sidious busts are $249.99 and Cody was $299.99

Reaction score

Really excited for this piece. Love the design of Rex. Would prefer eFX to do a 1:1 helmet, but this will suffice. Going to have to try to find Cody now.

Reaction score

Since it appears they are giving the 501st LSB an exclusive portrait I wish they were doing the same with Rex.

Reaction score

I kind of wish this one wasn't so far along in development now. It would have been great to get his Season 4 helmet on this piece.

Reaction score
Well it's great to see this line is not dead. I think Rex looks awesome. I'm hoping the price stays in the $249 range like Obi Wan and Darth Sidious.

Reaction score
Looks like he turned out well, I prefer the designs of this line to the 1:1 line.

Reaction score
How big will he be exactly, does anyone know??? He looks great & I may have to try finding a way to get him..., even if my budget suggests no!!! :)

Reaction score
I've just noticed on the blueprint picture above that it says the total height is 18 inches, guess that answers my question then. :) Looking forward to seeing some more pictures of this bust..., it's certainly looking VERY nice so far. B)

Reaction score
I don't have anything to represent Rex in my collection I passed on the PF even though it's real nice and I don't have the 1:6 so I'm considering getting this especially if it stays at the same price point as the Emperor, Cody and Obi Wan. I think it looks fantastic!!

Reaction score
How big will he be exactly, does anyone know??? He looks great & I may have to try finding a way to get him..., even if my budget suggests no!!! :)
18" H (457.2mm) x 15" W (381mm) x 12.5" D (317.5mm)* - These are the measurements for the Cody LSB, I imagine Rex will be around the same.

Reaction score
18" H (457.2mm) x 15" W (381mm) x 12.5" D (317.5mm)* - These are the measurements for the Cody LSB, I imagine Rex will be around the same.
I thought he was the same size as the 501st clone trooper..., now I know he's smaller I think I could sneak him into my collection seeing as he'll be alot cheaper. :) Had I of known Cody was smaller I'd have bought that too..., I don't suppose you know how much he's selling for on the secondary market i.e. ebay??? Had a look but didn't see any for sale at the moment.

Reaction score
I thought he was the same size as the 501st clone trooper..., now I know he's smaller I think I could sneak him into my collection seeing as he'll be alot cheaper. :) Had I of known Cody was smaller I'd have bought that too..., I don't suppose you know how much he's selling for on the secondary market i.e. ebay??? Had a look but didn't see any for sale at the moment.
The last Cody within the UK I saw on Ebay was £225, I followed it for a bit but it sold before I had the chance to be in a position to buy it. I've seen one or two for sale on here from the US, not sure if sellers here mark it low in order to avoid customs for overseas buyers.

Reaction score
The last Cody within the UK I saw on Ebay was £225, I followed it for a bit but it sold before I had the chance to be in a position to buy it. I've seen one or two for sale on here from the US, not sure if sellers here mark it low in order to avoid customs for overseas buyers.
That's not too bad price wise, I'll have to keep an eye out for him..., in the mean time I think I'll see if I can get Captain Rex into my budget seeing as the Shaak Ti PF statue doesn't look like it'll be around anytime soon (for sale). :)

Reaction score
Not bad. But it seems this line is mostly PT, so I'm glad I can save my budget for other items.
I keep hoping to see a Stormtrooper &/or a Sandtrooper bust from Sideshow as I think they'd do a better job than the one being offered by originalstormtrooper.com..., still trying to get something made in any scale of an AT AT Driver too!!! :)

Reaction score
I keep hoping to see a Stormtrooper &/or a Sandtrooper bust from Sideshow as I think they'd do a better job than the one being offered by originalstormtrooper.com..., still trying to get something made in any scale of an AT AT Driver too!!! :)
I kind of doubt Sideshow will make a Stormtrooper very accurate in any scale alas...

Reaction score
I kind of doubt Sideshow will make a Stormtrooper very accurate in any scale alas...
I think you may be right, although I do like the PF statue they made, the helmet isn't the greatest..., not sure why they made the helmet oval??? :\

Reaction score
I think you may be right, although I do like the PF statue they made, the helmet isn't the greatest..., not sure why they made the helmet oval??? :\
There are a few more things wrong with the PF, but still is an ok statue. On the other hand on a 1:2 scale all errors will look over-sized...

Reaction score
There are a few more things wrong with the PF, but still is an ok statue. On the other hand on a 1:2 scale all errors will look over-sized...
I was kind of thinking if they did a 1:2 scale Stormtrooper bust that they might be able to correct the errors, especially with the helmet..., as it's a bust there will only be part of the chest armor & maybe an arm so as long as the get the helmet more accurate I think that'll make it a good piece to have (if they ever make one as looks like they are focusing on clones for the time being).

Reaction score
I was kind of thinking if they did a 1:2 scale Stormtrooper bust that they might be able to correct the errors, especially with the helmet..., as it's a bust there will only be part of the chest armor & maybe an arm so as long as the get the helmet more accurate I think that'll make it a good piece to have (if they ever make one as looks like they are focusing on clones for the time being).
From all my experience with SS they never went into accuracy too much. They go with their "artistic interpretation" instead. And that can be seen by comparing the Stormtrooper helmet from their 1:6 figure or the 1:4 PF statue to the GG bust, Koto staute or Marmit figure, and you can see the differences. Even the Medicom has a better looking helmet than the SS figure.

Reaction score
From all my experience with SS they never went into accuracy too much. They go with their "artistic interpretation" instead. And that can be seen by comparing the Stormtrooper helmet from their 1:6 figure or the 1:4 PF statue to the GG bust, Koto staute or Marmit figure, and you can see the differences. Even the Medicom has a better looking helmet than the SS figure.
I shall have to line them all up (the ones that I have anyway) & have a look at them, I want to see how big the differences are (or small, as the case may be). :)

Reaction score
I shall have to line them all up (the ones that I have anyway) & have a look at them, I want to see how big the differences are (or small, as the case may be). :)
To do that, you need an accurate helmet or at least a figure/statue with one next to you. :weeabooface:

Reaction score
To do that, you need an accurate helmet or at least a figure/statue with one next to you. :weeabooface:
Still on my list to get is the Gentle Giant Stormtrooper mini-bust, I did have it reserved but the seller sent it to someone else by mistake apparently & the other time I thought I had it the ebay seller broke it putting it back into the box SO it's still on my want list but as you've said it's quite accurate I guess I'll wait to line them all up until I have one of those as my Master Replicas 1:1 scale helmet is obviously just idealistic rather than screen accurate. :)

Reaction score
The pictures are on facebook now & looking great..., I'm definitely having one of these busts!!! :)