SSC: 1:1 Darth Vader Bust #3

Reaction score
I thought this Vader looked good and I have considered getting the Boba Fett bust. Now that I have seen these together it makes me want the Vader and Boba for display. I don't have any full scale busts, but I'm guessing Boba will be my first, while I search for a good price on Vader.

I have heard that some Vader bust owners have been able to get the Shaw face under the mask. Has anyone here tried it and/or does it require some type of modification?

fester

Reaction score
Personally, I cannot ever imagine even having that Shaw face covered! I have some Vader helmets already, so the thought of covering that up is just terrible, to me!

Reaction score
Sergiu said:
I need to get out the Shaw head and sell it.
You'll have no problem selling that thing! You can't get that by itself and most people are displaying theirs, so go for it! You'll probably do well!

Reaction score
it is the #1 favourite piece in my collection. can't wait to display the efx bucket with it.

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Personally, I cannot ever imagine even having that Shaw face covered! I have some Vader helmets already, so the thought of covering that up is just terrible, to me!
Agree 100%. Some armor details may not be perfectally accurate but looking at it as a large statue, rather than a prop replica (which it's not), it's hard to top. So lifelike!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
it is the #1 favourite piece in my collection. can't wait to display the efx bucket with it.

[/QUOTE]

Same here

Reaction score
I guess what I'm asking is, if I plan to display it and change it up from time to time, is there an easy way to put the Shaw face piece under the helmet? Can it even be done? Does it require some modification to get the helmet over the face?

I have heard that some owners have been able to get the mask pieces over the face, but others say it cannot be done. I just wondered how, or if it is an easy thing to do?

Reaction score
As far as I know that is not possible without damaging the mask from the inside. I know the ears are to big ( cut them off and you might have a chance ^^ ).

Reaction score
when I get efx helmet I might consider to display my bust with Shaw portrait

..no matter what many people say, I actually quite like it

Reaction score
More people comment on this piece than any other (1:1 Maul bust is a close second) in my collection. Which say's alot, having MR sabers, blasters, helmets and the falcon. Maybe having it placed in the center of everything makes it seem more important

It's my favorite piece. Actually all my SSC 1:1 busts and my OT MR helmets...and soon efx Vader
are my favorites

Reaction score
I would love to get the Boba Fett bust but funds and display space are shrinking
So for now I'm strickly collecting the sith as far as busts.

Would love a Dooku if they could nail the sculpt also Revan would be an instant buy.

Reaction score
Dilemma

Hey guys... Im hoping to get some advice from you fellas. I really want this bust... BAD. I have a few items I would part with but the wife (suprisingly) told me I shouldnt sell anything I may want to keep. Things Im thinking about selling...

Code 3 Slave 1 with both acrylic cases (standing and landing positions)
PF Yoda and Clone
MR Shadow Trooper Helmet
MR Tac Ops Helmet
Rarer Vintage figs like Blue Snags
Tons of 3 3/4 ships

etc... etc...etc

I dont really want to part with these but Im obsessing over this 1:1.

I know its not the most accurate but I dont care... its a great representation and even more fantastic that I havea choise with the helmet or the Shaw head.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Re: Dilemma

That's a tough one since everybody will have a different view. Some might say keep the vintage stuff others could go with just props or even an OT focus.

It's gonna have to be your decision but I can tell you that if it were me, the only stuff I wouldn't sell would be my MR stuff and my SSC 1:1 busts.

I'm actually selling some of my SSC 12" figures to fund my efx Vader helmet....Priorities

Reaction score

Im just asking if you didnt have it (or in my case want it) would you part with items like these to fund it. I know its my decision obviously.. just like to see what other collectors would do.

Reaction score

I would keep them. I don´t like the idea of selling stuff I don´t really want to part with, because I know I would regret it. I understand that "I want one pretty badly" feeling you are having, but you can always buy it later on, although maybe more expensive.

Lam

Reaction score

If you need to sell stuff to get the money required, I'd sell stuff like the toy vehicles or other things that you could easily re-buy in the future if you wanted to (premium formats, etc.). Things like the MR Shadow Stormtrooper, however, rarely show up on the secondary market, so I'd think really hard before parting with those, since you may not ever see them again.

Reaction score

Ehhh I have a 1:1 vader, great bust, if you ever do decide to sell your items, just make sure you won't regret it once you do it..... I almost let go of a MR item for another item.... I couldn't part with it so choose wisely

Reaction score

Thanks guys... I have to agree... I also have a yearly toy show that a few guys in my Chicago trade group do and its comin up in 2 weeks (Kane County Toy Show in Illinois) so Im hoping to unload a ton of my 3 3/4 mimb ships, figs and other odds and ends.

I appreciate your opinions guys and I think Id really kick myself later for parting with the list in my above post.

Thanks again!

Reaction score

Yes, it's the Shaw head that marks this one out as special. Get one of the new eFX helmets if you want to display that.

Reaction score

I just ordered Fett Today and Vader is on Flex pay so I won't see Vader until August. But at least I'll have Fett to keep me satisfied until than.

Reaction score

Msjedi36 said:
I just ordered Fett Today and Vader is on Flex pay so I won't see Vader until August. But at least I'll have Fett to keep me satisfied until than.
That will give you enough romantic time alone with the Fett.

Reaction score

Boba86Solo said:
Msjedi36 said:

Reaction score

Msjedi36 said:
Sergiu said:
Boba86Solo said:
Msjedi36 said:

My wife might get jealous!!
Naaaa my wife understood. It's Fett!

Reaction score

Boba86Solo said:
At my house Fett has his own wing.
Wow.. Mine will have to share his part of the basement with Vader. Can't wait to display these beauties side by side.