SS Orders not protected message

Reaction score
Just an FYI, in case someone hasn't noticed. Several of my orders had this warning. Might be good to look over your orders. I had received an e-mail about this for just one of my orders. After looking, that's when I saw it was more than one.

Email said this:

Due to unforeseen issues, your order for Ahsoka Tano : Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys is arriving later than we initially thought. Per FTC regulations, if you want to keep this order, you must confirm by clicking the button below.

If you don't respond by May 10th, 2022 at 5:00pm PDT, we will be forced to cancel your order.

Delays.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, does it mean they are keeping your NRD if you don't want to protect it?

Reaction score
Hrmmm, what does "protecting your order" mean? I looked at my outstanding orders and I do not have orders needing protecting. Why would it be cancelled due to delays? Wouldn't they just push the delivery date out?

Reaction score
I believe Sideshow expect their customers to order from Asia when figures keep being delayed as most etailers over there have stock long before Sideshow.
This looks like a way to anticipate cancellations and estimate how many orders are still active and how many will likely stay in their hands.