Spencer L. Brinkerhoff III: Part IX

Reaction score
I'll be confirming tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be heading to New York in February to Pitch my Drawing-Is-Simple coins at the Toy Fair. So I guess that I've got that going on too.

Reaction score
I believe I got that Xmas card last year. Maybe? I didn't get one this year. If you have any extra I can send you a few bucks to cover postage/materials. If not it was worth a shot. You should swing by Barnes and Noble's cooperate office in NY and pitch you DIS to them too. I'd love to buy a set from you sometime if you do that. I'll get to you sometime this year. Spence stop making all this cool s^&* I want that you're making, etc. That BB8 pin for your Ep VII viewing was awesome.

Reaction score
I believe I got that Xmas card last year. Maybe? I didn't get one this year. If you have any extra I can send you a few bucks to cover postage/materials. If not it was worth a shot. You should swing by Barnes and Noble's cooperate office in NY and pitch you DIS to them too. I'd love to buy a set from you sometime if you do that. I'll get to you sometime this year. Spence stop making all this cool s^&* I want that you're making, etc. That BB8 pin for your Ep VII viewing was awesome.
That IS the card from last year. I'm working on the new one now... I've got a distribution partner with the DIS coins, but pitching the books would be a good idea too.

Reaction score
Ok cool. I thought you had sent another one out. This one you're looking to send out this coming Xmas or as a belated Xmas card(Does not sound dumb I swear)? As far as your book goes as long as it has an ISBN you'll be in good shape. You can always contact a local BN if you have one and see if they can fit you in for a local author signing, if you haven't thought of that already. And of course had I look at your store your coin is there....It's late man....

Reaction score
I have received confirmation that Drawing-Is-Simple WILL be at Toy Fair and the packaging is going through some updates right now to be presented to the licensors. We're currently working with DC and Marvel but are hoping to catch the attention of those Disney and Lucasfilm decision makers as well. I plan on being at the show to work the booth and show off some of my sketching skills. :D

I haven't looked in to C2E2 yet but but I'm realizing that Chicago in March could be WILDLY different than it is here in Arizona...

Oh, and sketch cards eh? I'll have to carve out some time to work on that. :D

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! I looks like I've been busy, but a lot of this stuff takes a while to get out to everybody.

Reaction score
I was not selected to be part of the art show for Celebration London. I wasn't selected for Anaheim, but got a booth and went anyway. It makes me wonder if the art committee that's judging on these shows is trying to move away from an animated/ cartoon style for their branding message. It makes me frustrated and I start to doubt whether or not my art will be selected for Celebration 8. I'll probably submit to be in the show, but I think that it's also Easter weekend, so that makes it rough to be away from family.

I was planning on attending London, but I've started a new full-time job and I don't want to start the position with taking a bunch of time off. So I guess I'll have to decided what to do with the concept piece that I created for the show...

ALSO, I DO have a list of most of the artists that are going to be at the show and I would like to interview them before the show.

Reaction score
You and Tom Hodges are two of my fave you guys do the animated styles. I'm sure I speak for at least myself and Beek that we'd love for you to be at C8! I'm shooting you a PM about a commission idea....

Reaction score
I know art is left to individual taste, but I tend to be shocked when I see some of the selections LFL makes, thinking "You picked this piece over Spence's? :wtf:"

Reaction score
I figured that they were passing me over because of my animated style. So this time around I decided to go with something that celebrated the animated Star Wars but tied it to the feature films. The Crew of the Ghost from Rebels and the main team of Rogue One mirror each other almost perfectly. I did the photoshop mockup not really knowing what style I was going use to finish off this piece. So there it is...

Reaction score
And while we're at it, I'm not sure if I ever posted this one.

It's my Celebration London concept. With my previous art prints I depicted a scene from the original trilogy with one of the main characters at the focus. For this print I wanted to focus on Rey and then show off how the film followed her progression through the three main colors of the original trilogy: Yellow for Tatooine / Jaku, White for Hoth / Starkiller base, then green for Endor / Jedi temple at Ahch-To.

Reaction score
Wow your London one looks great. I think you are correct about the animated style as being one reason. Your concept for Orlando while very nice I could see one or two curmudgeons not liking it because it blurs continuity between the two entities, R1 and Rebels, especially where the Rebels version Vader is so prominent. They are very cautious about such blurred lines. Sad as it may seem, you may have been more successful in just going with a Rebels TV theme alone. Its funny how a creative concept can be rejected with little to no explanation or meaning behind it. Perhaps its out of respect for you the artist and your artistry?

Reaction score
That's a cool concept Spencer. I'd even like those in your horizontal style and then display them like your concept.

Reaction score
London piece is awesome !

Considering some of the pieces being approved, I can't see it being the "animation" style, but maybe it is considering Disney now.

Either way I still want the print. :(

Reaction score
Just thought I’d bump up this great artist and show off my collection. Some original pencil and ink sketches too.

Reaction score
Looks great! Would love to see some new Star Wars pieces from Spencer. Friends on fB with him and he’s been keeping busy with the family! Hope all is well Spencer!