Spencer L. Brinkerhoff III: Part IX

Reaction score
Yup! SO excited about this. I grabbed #2 late last night. Did anyone else get charged for shipping though? I didn't see an option not to do shipping.

I passed on every single art print available officially. THIS is the print I wanted. Thanks Spencer! :grin:

Reaction score
I told him to let me know whether each number was already linked to a certain Sketch Card subject, or if we needed to let him know.

Haven't heard back from him yet.

Reaction score
I'm just going to draw like a mad man to fill all 250 sketches. If you include a special request that's fine, but we'll see if I go crazy or not!

try using coupon code TENOFF to cancel out the shipping costs. I'm not sure if you can do it after the fact so I'll just have to walk around with a stack of $5!!!!

Reaction score
Ordered mine this morning as well. I was a little slow during check out and missed on #5…. After snagging #6 I realized its perfect for an Ep6 print.

Reaction score
Spencer let me know that there will be a slight delay to the delivery of his latest print due to running out of tubes....

Reaction score
Was digging through an old photobucket account and saw this amazing commission I had done by SB3.

Reaction score
Does anyone have some advice on the most economical way to get one of Spencer's prints framed? This is basically my first ever SW print but the cost of framing at places like Michael's, even during a sale, is killing me. How do you guys do it? I'd really appreciate any input.

Reaction score
Which print is it? I believe I was able to get an off-the-shelf frame for mine. You can also sometimes just have them cut a mat to fit the print and use an off-the-shelf frame that way, instead of having them frame it completely.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Might Jabba! It was his latest Celebration print. Same size as his past Celebration prints. The one with the Final Duel. I'm thinking of doing it just the way you described. Do you know what size off-the-shelf frame works best?

Reaction score
I think Spencer posted about one that works earlier in the thread. I think it might have been one designed to display two LP records side by side? I don't recall of the top of my head.

Reaction score
I think Spencer posted about one that works earlier in the thread. I think it might have been one designed to display two LP records side by side? I don't recall of the top of my head.
That is correct icruise....I mean Mighty Jabba! Michaels and Hobby Lobby carry it.

Reaction score
Just do a search for "double album frame". They pop up at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Amazon etc. The print fits perfectly into that poster frame and they only cost about $20.

Reaction score
Thanks all! I def appreciate it! Especially the response from the man himself! I just wish the search function was more user friendly. All it does is take me to the thread so I'll have to search through. I'll be sure to post pics once it's framed!

Reaction score
You can search for threads or for posts on the main search page, or click "Search Thread" at the top of the page when you're already in a thread. But it can still sometimes be difficult to know what terms to use.

Reaction score
Hey guys! For those of you who may not have subscribed to my newsletter (you know who you are!), you missed my announcement that I'm making new art. I'm creating mash-ups and parody work and have them for sale on Society6 AND....(drumroll please!) publishing t-shirts through TeeFury!

My first daily shirt goes live this Thursday (Oct. 8) and I call it Rocket Lord!

Reaction score
Well, I rented out a theater and had 330 people out on Thurs. for the 7PM showing. We had a small trivia contest, door prizes, and reserved seating! So for the event I made some badges to get in the theater, and then I designed some shirts, and a BB-8 Spinner pin, and even made the badge into a 12x12 print. OH! I also had a 5x7 mini-print. The image below in the the 12x12 print. The lower left corner you can see the white version of the badge art (it was used for the program guide at a Canadian Premiere event), next is my event's badge art, and the 5x7 mini print styled like a vintage travel poster.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll get in line too Spencer! Been keeping up with you on FB and have been so wanting the stuff you did for the event. If you have any BB8 pins left......or could make some. I'm sure me and the others would wait for it...

Reaction score
Those are awesome! I may be interested in any extras you find. Anything but shirts. I have more shirts than any man should own...

Reaction score
Bumping this to the top! Hey Spence what ya got planned for 2016?? Besides an awesome print for Celebration London. Did you make the cut? Have they announced any word yet?

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump!

So here's what I know so far... The concept art was due in to Lucasfilm Today. I know of about 33 people that are submitting to be in the show. Celebration Anaheim last year had around 40 people in the art show, but Celebration Japan and Germany were smaller shows. I've gone through a couple of different versions of my concept so far, but it still has some work before it's finalized. Lucasfilm has told those of us who are submitting art for the show that we'll hear by Jan. 10th if we're going to be in the show or not. So I DID make the first cut, now we're waiting to hear on the next stage.

With that concept done it's time to move on to my Christmas card print. This is a little "Thank you" card with new art that I send out to everybody on my newsletter mailing list. I don't use the newsletter to spam out stuff, it only goes out a couple of times a year. I usually mail it out late. :D Here's last year's card.