Spencer L. Brinkerhoff III: Part IX

Reaction score
Ed3 said:
I'll call that a successful marker test. Nice stuff.
Thanks Ed. Sometimes I feel a bit hesitant to release an image that I feel is just a test, but this one was fun.

I think that I told you guys the story of MintInBox.net but here's a recap. The Staff at the French Collecting site MintInBox.net and especially staff member Paul aka PoloTheJedi have been huge supporters and promoters of my work. They asked if I would create a custom graphic for the header on their site with Boba Fett, and I didn't for them as a thank you for their support. As an afterthought, I asked if they would mind if I sent the work in for licensing through the contract I have with Zazzle. They agreed, it went in, got approved, and then I remembered that I had put their company logo ON the box in the background of the image! So I changed it around so there wouldn't be any conflict and the image is now available through Zazzle.

Well, Zazzle doesn't have a license for posters, so I contacted my printer and made this one off print for Paul. I signed it and then had it signed by Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan and gave it to Paul at Celebration V. Boba Fett is THE ultimate Star Wars collector. The perfect mascot for the MintInBox.net collector site.

Reaction score
Spencer_B3 said:
Ed3 said:
I'll call that a successful marker test. Nice stuff.
Thanks Ed. Sometimes I feel a bit hesitant to release an image that I feel is just a test, but this one was fun.

I think that I told you guys the story of MintInBox.net but here's a recap. The Staff at the French Collecting site MintInBox.net and especially staff member Paul aka PoloTheJedi have been huge supporters and promoters of my work. They asked if I would create a custom graphic for the header on their site with Boba Fett, and I didn't for them as a thank you for their support. As an afterthought, I asked if they would mind if I sent the work in for licensing through the contract I have with Zazzle. They agreed, it went in, got approved, and then I remembered that I had put their company logo ON the box in the background of the image! So I changed it around so there wouldn't be any conflict and the image is now available through Zazzle.

Well, Zazzle doesn't have a license for posters, so I contacted my printer and made this one off print for Paul. I signed it and then had it signed by Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan and gave it to Paul at Celebration V. Boba Fett is THE ultimate Star Wars collector. The perfect mascot for the MintInBox.net collector site.
Yet another example of how Spencer rocks!

Reaction score
Thanks Rod!

In other news, I'm gearing up to do a print for the Back to the Future event called "We're Going Back!". Starting Nov. 5th they're going to have a week long party commemorating the week that Marty spent back in time.

I'll also be prepping another TransAmFormer print for my appearance at the Las Vegas Library show on Nov. 6th. AND I'm starting to talk with the license holder for The Princess Bride about doing some design work for new products. Now if those Firefly contacts I made would just come through....

I've also joined Twitter, but I don't know what that means. @spencerb3

OH YEAH! I've got some Star Wars stuff in development too!

Reaction score
Spencer_B3 said:
In other news, I'm gearing up to do a print for the Back to the Future event called "We're Going Back!". Starting Nov. 5th they're going to have a week long party commemorating the week that Marty spent back in time.

I've also joined Twitter, but I don't know what that means. @spencerb3

OH YEAH! I've got some Star Wars stuff in development too!
OH WOW!!! Finally some BTTF stuff from you Spence! Amazing!!! You know I'm SOOO in for that after getting you to do up the MARTY sketchcard for me and the Doc and Marty BTTF III Clocktower commission. Can't wait to see what you do...and hope there's more on the way too!

Awesome to see you on Twitter, I'm following you now too!

Oh, and can't wait to see what other SW stuff you have in the works.

Reaction score
Boba86Solo said:
shazbazzar said:
StarWars.com did a Greedo tribute yesterday.
Check out who made the list of Greedo collectibles:
Sorry about the mess.
Yes, and you should have been higher on the list. I would much rather have your art than most of what was there.
I don't think this list was in any particular order.....

And this feature is from last year right?

Reaction score
It looks like they added the Lego mini-fig and depleted it in conjunction with the episode that Freedom was in. That's when I noticed that they had added my print to the list.

Reaction score
I'm hoping to have a Back to the Future piece out this week, and then I'm working on getting 3 new Star Wars prints done. The release on the new SW stuff is still a bit fuzzy, but I plan on keeping up with the theme of the previous 3 prints, but a different size.

Reaction score
Will the Back to the Future piece be available as a print to everyone? Or is it for an event?

Reaction score
I've been working with the even coordinator to make sure that everything is cleared and good to go to do the print. I'm cutting it a little close on this one, but the idea is to do a limited edition print run and then to offer the original ink drawings with some prints for the charity auction. Or maybe I do some remarques on some artist proofs and then send those to the charity auction. The event out in Burbank is not like a traditional convention, so I'm not even going to be able to make it out for the show and I don't know if they'll be set up to sell a ton of prints. I'm planning on making them available through my online store.

Here's a sneak peak at the doc.

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY JAW-DROPPINGLY AMAZING SPENCER!!! Doc looks GREAT!!! And you know what a huge BTTF fan I am. I CAN'T wait to get me one of these prints. Oh, I so hope you do more BTTF stuff too. This is too good!

Reaction score
now that I've got the characters drawn, I'm wondering if Lorraine is going to really fit into this print...

Reaction score
Lorraine looks GREAT Spence! If she can make it into the print, that would be cool...but if you're thinking it might not work, I guess you gotta leave her out. Can't wait to see Marty! Can't wait to see the whole scene!!! EXCEPTIONAL work!!!

Reaction score
Lorraine looks great! But I guess you got to do what's best for the print as a whole.

Reaction score
ALL DONE! The limited edition of 121 prints will be available on hand at the "Enchantment Under the Sea" dance on Friday Nov. 12th from 7-11pm at the Hollywood United Methodists Church Gymnasium. A live '50s band will be on hand and the event will be hosted by Marvin Berry (actor Harry Waters Jr.).

In honor of the 25th anniversary of Back to the Future, the prints will be $25.00 with a portion of the proceeds going to Team Fox for Parkinson's Research. The print is 12.5" x 25" (made to fit right into the double album poster frame from Michael's Craft store), and printed on the same stock as my Celebration V print.

Reaction score
So I ended up sending 54 of the 121 prints to the event and they were offering them for $25.00 in honor of the 25th anniversary, but they didn't sell out. I just talked to the event organizer and he says that they'll be having the prints available on the http://www.weregoingback.com site within the next week or so.

Reaction score
Spencer_B3 said:
(made to fit right into the double album poster frame from Michael's Craft store)
Just went to Michael's.
These frames are 40% off through Saturday.
($11.99 each)

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of frames during the sale!

Here's an image of my latest shadow box and then the link to see it rotating around.

I'm also thinking of having a little sale. Head over to my online store, look around a bit, and then make me an offer. Here's something else to think about. I've got a few of my return cards that I never got around to completing. Would you like to request a character or maybe even a shadow box? Here's what I've got...

6 Empire Strikes Back Widevision cards
6 Star Wars Galaxy Series 5 cards (3 with Yoda on the back and 3 with Maul)
6 Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunter cards
and a handful of my Celebration V sketch cards

Reaction score
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but no, that's not him.

I saw some of that artist's t-shirt designs on another forum a while ago, and I sent Spencer a message (thinking it was Spencer) saying I liked his designs. I praised the designs and told him which ones were my favorite. I told him I knew they would get printed and couldn't wait to buy them. Spencer replied to tell me it wasn't him, LOL. Yeah, I felt like an idiot.

I think Spencer knows the artist though.

Reaction score
pretty creative stuff. I think that it's done by Gabe Strine who created a web comic about a divorced alcoholic rabbit named Brinkerhoff (that seems really random to me). I've never met Gabe.

Reaction score
Spencer_B3 said:
pretty creative stuff. I think that it's done by Gabe Strine who created a web comic about a divorced alcoholic rabbit named Brinkerhoff (that seems really random to me). I've never met Gabe.
thanks to both you and Mogook for setting me straight.

Reaction score
I've been working on getting a new print series launched, but it's moving real slow. I've also tinkering with a new project that I hope to submit to Lucasfilm in the next few weeks...

Reaction score
I think that I had mentioned this before, but my first set of prints covered the original trilogy and focused on quotes from Han Solo. This new trilogy is all about Luke Skywalker and his lightsaber. So, the first one is training on the Falcon, then hanging in the Wampa cave, and then cutting off Vader's hand.