Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

Reaction score
This is rumored to be coming in 2012. Here's hoping for a SDCC miracle!

Reaction score
I would love a new speeder bike. The only problem is that they would also need to give us a Biker Scout with bj hips so he could ride the bike and that might just create quite a shutzie backlash...lol

Reaction score
Being almost Memorial Day I start dreaming about SDCC, in what will be coming and such, I just hope something like this hits. But who knows with Vintage going away and BAD coming back.

Reaction score
Being almost Memorial Day I start dreaming about SDCC, in what will be coming and such, I just hope something like this hits. But who knows with Vintage going away and BAD coming back.
Is vintage going away and BAD returning confirmed?

Reaction score
With the AT-ST coming out again, the new speederbike would be a good idea. Hopefully we'll see the AT-ST driver and a scout trooper with BJ hips hitting as well.

Reaction score
With the AT-ST coming out again, the new speederbike would be a good idea. Hopefully we'll see the AT-ST driver and a scout trooper with BJ hips hitting as well.

As much as I like the latest Scout Trooper there are some improvements to be made. It isnt high on my list of priorities though, but I am sure one will come with the Speederbike.

Reaction score

As much as I like the latest Scout Trooper there are some improvements to be made. It isnt high on my list of priorities though, but I am sure one will come with the Speederbike.
I'm with you there. I have higher priorities as well. I guess there is the possibility that Hasbro designs the bike to work with the current scout trooper, which would be fine by me.

Reaction score
I'm with you there. I have higher priorities as well. I guess there is the possibility that Hasbro designs the bike to work with the current scout trooper, which would be fine by me.
Yeah me too. In fact doubt I would even buy a new Speeder Bike and Trooper. I am ok with the VOTC one.

Reaction score
That is the news going around. Stan mentioned in the rumour thread.

Vintage Collection - News and Rumor Central - Page 381
You know Stan said a new speeder bike was coming around years ago, right? He also said we'd be getting a Big ESB Slave One two years ago, along with countless other rumors that haven't come true. Honestly, I don't know why people around here have so much faith in his predictions. He's about as accurate as the Great kreskin.

Reaction score
Personally I'm fine with the aesthetics/appearance of the latest incarnation.

Reaction score
And ideally, ball-hinged wrists and a flip-up visor. I'd be great if the headsculpt underneath would be based on the concept design from the old Lucasfilm Archives Book.
Agreed, but you know it'll just be another frickin' clone.

Reaction score
This thing better happen this year. I feel like I have been waiting for this update for a while.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed, but you know it'll just be another frickin' clone.
Well I'd be ok with that if we could get everything else on it too. I'd rather it not be the same ole clone face but I could live with it. This would obviously be a multiple purchase along with new speeder bikes. Way past due.

Reaction score
It's become kind rare that I get excited about a new Star War toy.
But a new speeder bike would be an exception.
As long as it's a new tool, and not repack of the 1980s toy, I'm totally stoked.

GNT

Reaction score
and larger waist pouches and smaller hands

You know I think I'll live with the exisiting Scout Trooper sculpt, it just looks better to the eyes. The corrected version that you've put together kind of looks fat with the waistband.

Reaction score
You know Stan said a new speeder bike was coming around years ago, right? He also said we'd be getting a Big ESB Slave One two years ago, along with countless other rumors that haven't come true. Honestly, I don't know why people around here have so much faith in his predictions. He's about as accurate as the Great kreskin.
I guess we want to believe these things so much, we're willing to grade him on a big curve.:whistling:;)

Reaction score

You do realize this was actually confirmed by Hasbro themselves at last year's SDCC panel?

And a lot of his rumors have come true. Sure he's not batting 1.000, but like baseball an average around .333 is pretty damn good when it comes to rumors coming to fruition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i hope the speeder 'explodes' like the old one did...i had one of those as a kid and always enjoyed recreating Endor. lol alas, that speeder bike got lost when my family moved and I never saw it again.... :(..

Reaction score
That's kinda funny because I was hoping it doesn't explode. I too had one as a kid, and liked it but got annoyed by the unwanted "explosion" at the slightest touch of the button. If rather have a clear base that snaps into a ball joint on the bottom of speeder bike, so i can recreate the flying scene and use the ball join to tilt it on cool angles. I know I can always go pick up the vintage version if the exploding feature becomes that important to me.

I want to see something new.

Reaction score
How about a Battlepack containing one regular Speeder Bike, while the other has an exploding feature. Both on clear plastic stands. Best of both worlds combined in a dynamic window box.

Reaction score
That's kinda funny because I was hoping it doesn't explode. I too had one as a kid, and liked it but got annoyed by the unwanted "explosion" at the slightest touch of the button. If rather have a clear base that snaps into a ball joint on the bottom of speeder bike, so i can recreate the flying scene and use the ball join to tilt it on cool angles. I know I can always go pick up the vintage version if the exploding feature becomes that important to me.

I want to see something new.
I like the ball hinged stand idea, much like the old ertl model kits had. I could take or leave the exploding feature so long as it doesn't set off at the slightest touch. I loved that feature as a kid and for this item to make Hasbro money it must appeal to kids aswell. With the biker scout I'd be happy with the VOTC version with BJ hips, just personal preference but I like the sizes as they are.

Reaction score
How about a Battlepack containing one regular Speeder Bike, while the other has an exploding feature. Both on clear plastic stands. Best of both worlds combined in a dynamic window box.

A two-pack would be nice or better yet, 2 two-packs one with Luke and a scout trooper and one with Leia and a scout trooper.

Reaction score
I like the ball hinged stand idea, much like the old ertl model kits had. I could take or leave the exploding feature so long as it doesn't set off at the slightest touch. I loved that feature as a kid and for this item to make Hasbro money it must appeal to kids aswell. With the biker scout I'd be happy with the VOTC version with BJ hips, just personal preference but I like the sizes as they are.
Might have to do a slightly different stand attachment than the ball hinge, but if they can pull it off it'd be awesome. Mainly thinking that it might need something attached to the ball hinge that attached to the speeder

Reaction score
got annoyed by the unwanted "explosion" at the slightest touch of the button.
Thats what she said, yuk yuk yuk. But no, in all seriousness I really want this one redone. I repainted the one that came with the BAT-AT and I am very pleased with it, but I still think a complete overhaul is in order. Please retire the 1983 mold Hasbro.

Reaction score
If this is just a rerelease of the outdated 1983 mold, then not even the vintage box could convince me to purchase it. It needs to be all-new and made from non-droopy plastics.

I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking another stab at the Biker Scout either. The 2006 version was pretty good, but suffered a bit from overly idealized body-proportions. They updated the AT-AT Driver after only 3 years, DS2 Luke after 1 year, and Bespin Luke after 4 years, so I don't think asking for an updated Biker Scout after 6 years is out of the question.

Reaction score
Absolutely, I have grown tired of the mold as well. The only version of that release I bought after I told myself, "I'm done", is the Nick Sant version in the recent Endor battlepack. It is essential, however, that a new Biker Scout be able to properly sit on a hopefully new Speeder bike. This, of course, has been said before.