Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

Reaction score
But there are also two key factors that most people were overlooking back then: 1. that 30,000 number didn't include the international release, just the number going to US TRU stores; .

Outside of Canada, there was no international release of the speeder bike........:(

Reaction score
Outside of Canada, there was no international release of the speeder bike........:(
Hey Trooper31

Did you manage to get any of the Speeder Bike sets?

Star Wars Speeder Bike Scout - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us

Only asking as TRU ships internationally now, so maybe an option for you in case you still don't have any yet. If you check the link it states that the product is available for international shipping.

Luckily I managed to get a couple via a trade from a US scummer instead.

Reaction score
Hey Trooper31

Did you manage to get any of the Speeder Bike sets?

Star Wars Speeder Bike Scout - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us

Only asking as TRU ships internationally now, so maybe an option for you in case you still don't have any yet. If you check the link it states that the product is available for international shipping.

Luckily I managed to get a couple via a trade from a US scummer instead.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out.

Reaction score
So I caved and got one. Now I'm gonna get two. It's actually really nice, all things considered.

I'm not a fan of the gummy, weird plastic used for the handlebars and that outboard intake. The "weathering" is terrible and I'll remove it, but for a toy it just looks cool. I'd almost rate it higher than the AT-ST just because it's way more durable (not that hard to do), but I do love that difficult, moody AT-ST just a little more.

The molded plastic pack on the back comes off with a minimum of fuss if you're careful with a blade and pry it off...I'll be replacing it with something that looks nicer.

I love the idea of the display base but don't like the execution. With that said, people were complaining that it can only hold the bike level ... there's a bit of play where the "arm" attaches to the base so you can display gentle banking maneuvers if you want by rotating it slightly.

That does it for vehicles for me. Don't have the space or inclination to display more than that. Even though AT-ATs and TIE Interceptors and A-Wings are cool...that way lies madness. ;)

Reaction score
Famous last words...
LOL!! I know, sounds like I'm tempting Fate. I already have more than I intended (it began with a couple of stormtroopers - ha ha.) ... but I leave just one shelf in a smallish bookcase for this stuff and that's not going to change.

I keep my living space pretty sparse as it is, and enjoy having just a few very favourite pieces to focus on. That's only my personal style and no judgement on anyone else...I really love looking at some of the army builder collections here on Rebel Scum.

I have 21 (!) imperial troops covering all the armour in the OT, but don't even display most of them; just whatever I'm in the mood to see on the shelf. Scout troopers look best on speeder bikes; big surprise. I resisted the bike for a while, but no regrets.

Besides, don't want to freak out the girlfriend. :p

Reaction score
I have 4 so far. Just love'em.

Don't like the "gummy" handlebars when they come out of the package all twisted.

The stands are just a bit too high for my taste. Not that that's a big deal or anything.

Reaction score
Don't like the "gummy" handlebars when they come out of the package all twisted.
My handlebars corrected themselves very easily, and I think having them so "gummy" was a good choice, as it makes it easier for different sized figures (i.e. Luke or Leia) to grab ahold.

Reaction score
i finally broke down and got one of these today for $21. i must say, WHAT an improvement. its even better then the one with the ATAT. the added cannon REALLY adds to it, and the clear stand was GENIOUS on hasbros part cuz you can display it with ese and it gives it such a cool look. so tempted to get another but they have yet to make a really good endor luke or leia.

Reaction score
so tempted to get another but they have yet to make a really good endor luke or leia.
I got a feeling that in the not too distant future we'll be seeing "exclusive" Luke/Leia in Endor Gear with this speederbike sculpt @ TRU.

Just a hunch.

Reaction score
jeez i hope not. but making a endor luke is soo easy, just get the TSC endor luke, get a death star 2 SA luke, redress him in the TSC endor gear, viola. VOTC endor leia is actually not bad and is SA.

btw, i DID get another speeder bike set last night, it was the last one too. you gotta have at least 2 for when i get my eventual endor luke (now i need one BAD!). the thing is gorgeus. i know they had one with the ATAT but THIS is the one ive been waiting for. i have both speeders with the big canon thing on the bottom cuz it adds something extra and makes the bike look more beefy and powerful. that customizble canon was genious on hasbros part, love it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up the Speeder Bike and love it.

However, I cannot figure out how to disassemble the cannon to mount on bottom of bike. Directions on side of box say to remove the legs, but it looks like this will break the peg holding them in place.

I realize that this makes me come off as a complete idiot....LOL. I work in IT, so technical directions usually are not a problem for me, and now I'm stumped by a Star Wars toy.

Any help here would be hot.
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score

However, I cannot figure out how to disassemble the cannon to mount on bottom of bike. Directions on side of box say to remove the legs, but it looks like this will break the peg holding them in place.

I realize that this makes me come off as a complete idiot....LOL. I work in IT, so technical directions usually are not a problem for me, and now I'm stumped by a Star Wars toy.

Thanks in advance.
I can't remember which way it came assembled, but the legs pop out of the base super-easy. Just give 'em a little wiggle. They're designed to remove and switch between the two configurations.

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
yeah wiggle it just a little bit and you'll be fine.....and who implied IT work gave one the necessary skills to disassemble a toy???lol

Darren

Reaction score
I've seen these a couple of times. I'd probably pick up a couple if they were on clearance, but since I already have my Biker Scout army there's just not enough motivation for me to buy anymore.

Plus, it still seems like the helmet is too small in comparison to the rest of the figure.

Reaction score
I've seen these a couple of times. I'd probably pick up a couple if they were on clearance, but since I already have my Biker Scout army there's just not enough motivation for me to buy anymore.

Plus, it still seems like the helmet is too small in comparison to the rest of the figure.
How can you have a Biker Scout army without speeder bikes? :p
As for the helmet, the size doesn't bother me, but that double-barbell neck joint looks weird in a lot of positions, and I worry about it breaking if I'm not careful.

Reaction score
i finally broke down and got one of these today for $21. i must say, WHAT an improvement. its even better then the one with the ATAT.
The one that came with the AT AT is CRAP..... The front fork is way too rubbery and flimsy.

Reaction score
As for the helmet, the size doesn't bother me, but that double-barbell neck joint looks weird in a lot of positions, and I worry about it breaking if I'm not careful.
This worries me, too. I just got one day before yesterday. Hope the neck joint doesn't get too flippy-floppy.

Reaction score
This worries me, too. I just got one day before yesterday. Hope the neck joint doesn't get too flippy-floppy.
Mine doesn't really have a "bobble-head" effect, but it just seems weak. Interested in seeing if they tweak that when they re-release this figure in the Black Line coming up.

Reaction score
Just picked up my 3rd one today. I want more, but figured the TVC boxed version shouldn be too far off.
So I've got 4 of these that I bought when they were released and tru was doing their b1g1 40% off deal. I just had delivered a mint vintage speeder bike in original box I won off eBay for next to nothing and couldn't help but think he same thing about vintage packaging for the new one

Reaction score
The Jar Jars from last year have the same style head joint, and they've held up fine for me. So far, so good with this one, as well. I think the joints will hold up ok.

Reaction score
Mine doesn't really have a "bobble-head" effect, but it just seems weak. Interested in seeing if they tweak that when they re-release this figure in the Black Line coming up.
Mine has become pretty weak after having it open for about two weeks and kids playing with it. His head falls down every time unless I have him looking to the side. Any fix?

Reaction score
Mine has become pretty weak after having it open for about two weeks and kids playing with it. His head falls down every time unless I have him looking to the side. Any fix?
Maybe try spinning the barbell itself and see if that firms up the joint (or at least moves the weakness to a different angle)? I dunno, the only customizing I ever do is for minor fixes, so you might get some better ideas on the customizing forum.

Reaction score
just a thought.

remember the awesome Speeder Bike that we got as a TRU exclusive with the updated look and flight stand... what if Hasbro was to re-release this beauty again but this time with an all new Endor Luke and another with an all new Endor Leia. they could even make a ROTS version with an all new Staiss Alie.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
just a thought.

remember the awesome Speeder Bike that we got as a TRU exclusive with the updated look and flight stand... what if Hasbro was to re-release this beauty again but this time with an all new Endor Luke and another with an all new Endor Leia. they could even make a ROTS version with an all new Staiss Alie.

Thoughts?
I've been wondering for a while now when Hasbro was ever going to take advantage of such a thing.

I remember as a kid seeing that they were going to release the POTF2 Speeder Bike and it was pretty exciting - as a kid one of the coolest things about Star Wars were the speeder bikes and the chase seen. And the last time we saw an Endor Luke was in 2006, and Leia in 2007 (aside from the recent Saga Legends versions)…you'd think that those characters would warrant more reason to be re-released than a Hoth Han Solo or Leia in Boushh Disguise o-o

In terms of tooling, they have the mold. They need to improve the plastic used for the handle bars but other than that its a solid toy. Hopefully with Hasbro focusing on the OT/ST eras they'll be on the short list of figures Hasbro is looking to get to.

Reaction score
just a thought.

Thoughts?
That is a great idea. I'd be all over those.

Reaction score
it's almost a no brainer for Hasbro. sure it's 2 new figures that they have to make but it's 2 core characters and 2 repacks of existing vehicles... they could even re-release the original Speeder Bike with Scout trooper and continue the series with perhaps Paploo getting a joy ride on the bike, and then if they decided perhaps a re-release of some of the EU concepts.

I'd even go for perhaps a Battlefront tie in with a Rebel Trooper riding the speeder bike.