Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

Reaction score
Picked up two more of this awesome vehicle! With the sale, some Groupon help and a Rewards R Us coupon, my total cost for 2 of 'em was $18. Not bad!
Got the same deal today. I've been wanting two more so I couldn't pass it up.

Reaction score
Picked up two more of this awesome vehicle! With the sale, some Groupon help and a Rewards R Us coupon, my total cost for 2 of 'em was $18. Not bad!
Got the same deal today. I've been wanting two more so I couldn't pass it up.
What is the offer on Groupon? I can't seem to find it. Is it specific to Toys R Us or to the bike itself?

Reaction score
I finally found the speeder bike at TRU in NYC. I bought two on their BOGOHO sale, but the sticker price was $25.99 each, so I still ended up paying about $42 after tax. Still very glad to have them. I'm thinking of swapping out the upper arms on the scout with one of the earlier releases that doesn't have the awful black joint. And I've got a VC87 Luke outfitted with a helmet and poncho just waiting to use his BJ hips to try out the second speeder. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was specific to TRU. The groupon was $10 for $20 in stuff. It went up last week and is gone now.
Thanks, I'm a Groupon member, I'll have to keep an eye out for that again in the future!

I finally found the speeder bike at TRU in NYC. I bought two on their BOGOHO sale, but the sticker price was $25.99 each, so I still ended up paying about $42 after tax.
RumSleg, If you go about two blocks north (not sure of the cross-street) on the same side of the street, head into the Times Square Information Center. In the back, pick up a free "City Guide." It's got all kinds of information for tourists as well as various coupons. The 2nd or 3rd page is $5 off a $25 purchase at Toys R Us (Times Square only). I pretty much use this coupon all the time.B)

Reaction score
I opened one of mine, the bike's great but the paint apps on the scout could have been better. Is the cannon thing seen in ROTJ or its just a hasbro concept?

Reaction score
I opened one of mine, the bike's great but the paint apps on the scout could have been better. Is the cannon thing seen in ROTJ or its just a hasbro concept?
It was never on the speeder bikes, no, but it kinda reminds me of the handcannons that the Rebels used on Hoth.

Reaction score

i've never really attached the extra canon to the bottom of the speeder so I'm not sure if I will or not but to answer your question this is a Hasbro concept not seen in ROTJ

Reaction score
My speeder has bent outrigging at the front. It is still unopened. I purchased it only because it was the sole one on the shelf, but there seems to be a better supply now. Fix it or exchange it?

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
My speeder has bent outrigging at the front. It is still unopened. I purchased it only because it was the sole one on the shelf, but there seems to be a better supply now. Fix it or exchange it?
If it's visably bent (plastic is white at the bend) then I say exchange it. If it's sagging a little but no noticeable damage, then keep it and try to remold it with a hot water bath. You can always keep it in the car with the receipt and if you find yourself in TRU and spot one on the shelf, run out to the car for an exchange.

Reaction score
Not bent to the extent you describe, but sagging worse than the X-Wing after 10 years. I believe it is the little gluestrings or whatever you call 'em. For $20+, this should not occur.

Reaction score
I bought one of these today based on the all the positive comments that I've been reading.

I've been putting it off because of the crappy looking Biker Scout and the horrible "weathering" paint apps on the vehicle itself. However, once I got it opened and placed the Speeder and Biker Scout on the clear stand, it totally blew me away. It looks like a tiny little prop, it's amazing!

Of course, I removed the front leg and the tripod cannon is still in the box where it will stay, but this is one of those toys where the overall look totally overshadows all of its shortcomings. Definitely the best vehicle released in 2012 (not that it had much competition).

Reaction score
Has anyone tried taking one of these apart for customizing? I was thinking a new paint job and removing the plastic "tarp/roll/pack" whatever-it-is on the back to replace it with something that looked better. Haven't seen one in-hand so I can't tell how involved pulling it apart and re-assembling would be...

Reaction score
-The speeder bike is great. The biker scout didn't look very good by itself, but is just fine (in my opinion) once he actually is doing something.

Reaction score
Nice shot! Yeah...I'm about to find out for myself, went ahead and ordered one.

Reaction score
Anyone else remember how these were supposedly made in limited numbers and everyone was freaking out?

I don't know, there seem to be a lot of these around here. And I know that a lot of them have sold too.

I'm thinking the claim was entirely false.

Reaction score
Anyone else remember how these were supposedly made in limited numbers and everyone was freaking out?

I don't know, there seem to be a lot of these around here. And I know that a lot of them have sold too.

Everyone does seem to have one...I remember hearing "only 30 000" being thrown around. I don't know enough about distribution and have no sales data, so I can only speculate on who got what. But it's not like these things are ThreeA Ultra Micro Edition Special For Cool Kids That Know ... they're mass produced Hasbro kids' toys, how scarce could they really be?

Reaction score
-The speeder bike is great. The biker scout didn't look very good by itself, but is just fine (in my opinion) once he actually is doing something.

Agreed, he looks better with the bike than on his own. That hand cannon has really been growing on me, too; just wish it was a bit more sturdy. Great pic, Choi!

Reaction score

I think the 30,000 was correct, but people just assumed it was a limited release. Most likely 30,000 is pretty close to the standard release for an exclusive like this one.

But there are also two key factors that most people were overlooking back then: 1. that 30,000 number didn't include the international release, just the number going to US TRU stores; and 2. there are only around 600 TRUs in the United States, so 30,000 units comes out to about 50 Speeder Bikes per store. The only TRU I've been too had about 10, so if that's average then that means there are still A LOT of these toys floating around somewhere.

Reaction score
There is a few at my store but I think they were $35. Something ridiculous like that.
The price should only be $20. There is clearly some kind of mistake if your TRU is charging $35. I would talk to a manager and have them check out the price online. I'm sure they would price match with their own online store.

Reaction score
The price should only be $20. There is clearly some kind of mistake if your TRU is charging $35. I would talk to a manager and have them check out the price online. I'm sure they would price match with their own online store.
Remember, some Toys R Us stores are "mark-up" stores where they test price resistance. Toys R Us in Times Square has them for $26.99.

Reaction score
They have a lot in the Canadian TRU still. I got all of mine at various sales so on average, I paid about $17 each for my three, but the regular price up here is $29.99.

Reaction score
Remember, some Toys R Us stores are "mark-up" stores where they test price resistance. Toys R Us in Times Square has them for $26.99.
Well, that's almost understandable for Times Square. That's a prime real estate location, so that store likely has much higher overhead costs compared to any other TRU in the country. Kind of like how KayBee toys was charging $6-7 per figure back in 1995, because the overhead costs of having a store inside of a shopping mall is much higher compared to owning your own store on your own piece of land.

Reaction score
Oh they came out at $25 here. Then started going up by a couple bucks at a time.