Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

Reaction score
I'm a little annoyed that these didn't qualify for ShopRunner shipping. I understand large items not qualifying, but these certainly should. I've had larger, heavier packages shipped for free. That hurt the deal, for me, but still cost less than paying full in-store.

Reaction score
my TRU has a bunch of these on the shelf so I am planning on picking one up on Friday, so of course I expect all of them to be gone by then

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got my three in the mail today. Great sculpt although the soft plastic can allow for deformed handle bars. Not sure how I feel about the neck joint on the scout. It does allow a greater range of movement but it's a bit loose when you turn his head sideways. And I'm not impressed with the tripod for the cannon. The legs were a bit warped.

Reaction score
I just recently got two of the bikes. Honestly one of my favourite things from the 2012 line. I put luke on one and the trooper on the other, and have them chaseing each other, the stands just make them look brilliant.

Reaction score
Luke fits great but Endor Leia just doesn't fit quite right. She's too short to reach the pedals and hand grips.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Got this bad boy tonight by just going back again and again to TRU to see if they had it. Lucked out finally.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got one Saturday. Just opened it a bit ago. First impressions: The bike looks pretty neat. They really need to stop abusing delicate items in the packaging process, though. My handle bars are a little tweaked from being jammed in the tray. God, it's nice to finally have the grips in the right friggin position after all these years! I like the idea of the engine hood being able to open. I hope it stays in place, though; it was popping open on me while I tried to get the scout's arms positioned where I wanted them. I haven't dug out the previous biker to compare this one to yet... I've got Paploo taking a ride on my desk right now. :) The stand looks a lot more dynamic than this:

I can't help thinking it would be nice to be able to adjust the height, though. It seems to me having two ride side-by-side would look a lot cooler with one cruising a bit lower than the other. Looks like a nifty speeder. The plastic doesn't seem like it'll be prone to droopage. I hope not!

What was the sale price on these a while back? BOGO half off? It seems I can't buy a SW item these days without thinking it would go down smoother with a good discount.

Reaction score
this figure feels "cheap" compared to the TLC bikerscout, it feels like inferior plastic but it looks pretty much the same, it doesnt stick out like a soar thumb when posed with the TLC figures except some minor paint apps

Reaction score
this figure feels "cheap" compared to the TLC bikerscout, it feels like inferior plastic but it looks pretty much the same, it doesnt stick out like a soar thumb when posed with the TLC figures except some minor paint apps

Thanks, dude. I'm eager to try the old one on the bike, see how they fit comparatively.

Reaction score
the TLC one cant sit down, they have more of a stance a motocross rider would have. The TLC scouts just cant sit down flush.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice pic with the monitor. Looks good against a backdrop. I stopped by the Rockford, IL TRU and they had a shelf-full today just like last week. Looks like this one is easy to come by.

Reaction score
I keep forgetting this is out there. Need to go get one.
I kept forgetting about it, too.

The speeder bike is one of my favorite vehicles from the saga, and I keep forgetting these are out every time I'm at TRU. I was there yesterday. I bought a Muppet. :whistling:
Like I said, it's just about my favorite vehicle. I should have been more eager after all these years of the old sculpt. I guess that speaks to my general waning interest in the whole hobby.

Reaction score
I kept forgetting about it, too.

Like I said, it's just about my favorite vehicle. I should have been more eager after all these years of the old sculpt. I guess that speaks to my general waning interest in the whole hobby.
Yup. It's not even on my radar right now, or just barely so. I pruned my collection from ~600 loose figures down to about 10, including 3 copies of the VC112 Sandtrooper. My carded collection is maybe... 18 figures? My Legacy BMF and a modern Cloud Car are all I have left, vehicle wise. So this would increase my collection by a third. :)

Reaction score
My TRU is fully stocked with these. The price is absurd. This should be $16.99, tops. I want several but I'm not paying 22 bucks for each one.

Reaction score
My TRU is fully stocked with these. The price is absurd. This should be $16.99, tops. I want several but I'm not paying 22 bucks for each one.
Which is why one waits for a sale:p
I got lucky, I was able to score some when they had the 'buy one, get one 75% off' deal, hopefully they do it again soon:whistling:

Reaction score
I think they just waited to long to bring this out. I've wanted it for over a decade and seeing it a bunch so far just don't care. Even though it looks great. I think with a couple really small exceptions I'm just done with the two previous trilogies, interested in a few eu things and mostly just looking forward to the new trilogy designs.

Reaction score
Yup. It's not even on my radar right now, or just barely so. I pruned my collection from ~600 loose figures down to about 10, including 3 copies of the VC112 Sandtrooper. My carded collection is maybe... 18 figures? My Legacy BMF and a modern Cloud Car are all I have left, vehicle wise. So this would increase my collection by a third. :)
Wow, that's a big difference. Was it easy to do or did it take you a long time to decide to get rid of that many figures? Are you happier with your collection now?

It's too bad this speeder bike isn't available outside the US.

Reaction score
just got one of these last night... the new speeder bike is great!!

as for the Biker Scout.... aside from the black shoulder joints, his head seems too small and his head/neck joint is different from the current ball jointed heads that is the standard on the figures of today...

I know there have been a number of different Biker Scouts released in the last decade, ... where does this Biker Scout fit in?

Reaction score
Wow, that's a big difference. Was it easy to do or did it take you a long time to decide to get rid of that many figures? Are you happier with your collection now?

It's too bad this speeder bike isn't available outside the US.
The hardest part was the photographing, posting and shipping, but it all sold. Some of it for a lot of money, surprisingly (that original VC23 Luke Skywalker with no hole in the belt went for a lot, for example.) Auctions are fun to have. And I took the money and put it into a smaller, older collection. And yeah, I'm able to enjoy the smaller collection much more. I went from being a curator of stuff I never saw to being a collector of things I see (and enjoy) daily. :)

It's really just a reset, because it will grow again over the next few years... then be reset again. It's cyclical for me, not cumulative. My interests shift over time.

This Speederbike being a great example of something that will contribute to this era's growth.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I really need to find time to pare down my collection. I've done a bit here and there, but I need to get through a lot more stuff. My fear (being cyclical as well) is that I get rid of something and then a few years later I want it and I'm kicking myself for not keeping it.

Anyway, I don't have this because it wasn't released where I live, bit I'm hoping we see it next year in the Class I line.

Reaction score
as for the Biker Scout.... aside from the black shoulder joints, his head seems too small and his head/neck joint is different from the current ball jointed heads that is the standard on the figures of today...

I know there have been a number of different Biker Scouts released in the last decade, ... where does this Biker Scout fit in?
This guy is mostly the same as the VOTC and 30AC Biker Scouts. The thighs and crotch are new (obviously), the head is new and slightly smaller (although if people here hadn't mentioned it, I might not have noticed), and the chest is possibly new/possibly just a retool to accomidate the new neck articulation.

The double ball-and-socket, or "dumbell," neck certainly allows for a lot more articulation, but it seems too thin, looks weird when exposed, and I didn't have a problem with the range of motion on the previous version.

This figure feels like a "pack-in" rather than part of a set; I can overlook the mismatched shoulder and ankle joints, but I think I feel that way largely due to the paint. I was able to pick what looked like the best out of 3 or 4 on the shelf, and still the bleeding between black and white is really apparent. The "nose" of the helmet should be black and grey, not just solid black and all of the tiny rows of lines on the armor are too dark and thick. I do like that his feet aren't dirty at least, but overall I'm underwhelmed with this guy.

Putting that aside, I think the bike is frakkin' awesome! Such great attention to details and I love all the adjustments to the pedals and handlebars so pretty much anybody can ride it, and am sooooooo happy they included that flying base. Aces!!!

Reaction score
Wow . . . I thought I'd taken a drastic step by cutting down from 500 to around 100 figures a few weeks ago. Much respect to you for reducing your collection to just a few core items that you really enjoy.

Reaction score
Okay, now I gotta know what the other seven figures are.

Reaction score
Okay, now I gotta know what the other seven figures are.

1. VC09 Boba Fett
  2. VC21 Gamorrean Guard
  3. VC27 Wicket
  4. VC93 Vader
  5. A kitbashed "Luke Skywalker in Jedi Outfit" using VC23, VC87 and a vintage Kenner cloak
  6. The Target exclusive SPECIAL AFS "Snaggletooth"
  7. Han Solo in Hoth Outfit from the "Search for Luke Skywalker Battlepack" with some Clone Wars winter accessories from Obi-Wan (goggles and hood.)

Reaction score
Interesting selection. No Leia, Chewbacca, R2, C-3PO, Stormtroopers and the likes, though?
Or are those among your carded figures?
My carded collection is only the Star Wars (ANH) Vintage styled pieces from 2004-present, minus 4: Lucastrooper, DSE Luke, Han Yavin and the first Sandtrooper.

As to the other core characters you mention - I just don't love any of the versions they have done yet. Chewie is very close to being perfect. An ESB Yoda is my biggest want.

But, as of yesterday, you can add a Speederbike and Biker Scout to my count. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up two more of this awesome vehicle! With the sale, some Groupon help and a Rewards R Us coupon, my total cost for 2 of 'em was $18. Not bad!

Reaction score
got my second speeder last night now I just need 4 more of these sets and I'll be good to go. I want 2 for Luke and Leia and 2 more just so I can have a small squad of 4 troopers. :)

hopefully I'll hit up the BOGO on these and get them.