Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

Reaction score
Re: Speeder Bike - New Tool - Rumor

About time we get a confirmation on this.

Reaction score

BXR_1138 said:
I'm guessing this would possibly be in the same assortment as the Target Landspeeder and Tauntaun.
Hopefully not, though, since I don't see how one would pay $16.99 for just a speeder bike...unless of course if it came with a new scout trooper.
I was actually suprised it wasn't announced as part of that line with Vintage packaging. Dissapointing. But when it hits I'm sure it will just be in the deluxe line.

GNT

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
THX_4077 said:
Scale-wise, was the original speederbike accurate?
nope, too big
Plus the handle bars were the wrong way on the POTF release, not sure if they fixed it for future releases since. Would be great to see a highly detailed and accurate speeder bike.

Reaction score

Hopefully, we want have that stupid feature that makes the feet pedals conected to the rudders.

Reaction score

Any chance of this being a surprise at Celebration 6?

Reaction score

Anyway this will make it on KMART online? I feel safer going to ten Big LOts in Memphis, than the one KMART.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Spookymufu said:
THX_4077 said:
Scale-wise, was the original speederbike accurate?
nope, too big
Plus the handle bars were the wrong way on the POTF release, not sure if they fixed it for future releases since. Would be great to see a highly detailed and accurate speeder bike.
The handlebars were fixed in a later release that came with an Episode 2 clone (and that's the only clone I own, only bought it for the bike). It's basically the same mold as the Vintage/Potf2 bike with a few modifications. The colour is wrong and it has a Republic emblem. I was planning on repainting it, but that won't be necessary now, it seems.

I really hope this isn't going to go for a ridiculously inflated price over here, 'cos I want at least three.

Reaction score

I hope it is better then the rubbery CRAP they gave us in the Big AT AT. That thing is so bad I almost packed up the whole AT AT and brought it back! It did look like a re-tool, but based on the Vintage mold.

Reaction score

DJ121 said:
I hope it is better then the rubbery CRAP they gave us in the Big AT AT. That thing is so bad I almost packed up the whole AT AT and brought it back! It did look like a re-tool, but based on the Vintage mold.
Every ROTJ-ish bike we've had has been based on the vintage mold, even the one 2003 Clone Wars (and recent CW Plo Koon one) with a different front piece. They're ALL based on the same scale, too, even if they no longer have the 'T-bar' that held vintage figures' legs in place, or the exploding action.

Reaction score

I just hope they include some type of clear stand, so we can make them appear to be floating.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
I just hope they include some type of clear stand, so we can make them appear to be floating.
I seem to remember Hasbro like the idea of a clear stand when someone suggested it for if they ever make a new skiff in a recent Q&A.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Revanfan1 said:
Confirmed for 2012.
Where?
That's what I heard in the SDCC thread. Check over there.
Following the slide show presentation, during audience Q&A, the final question asked was something along the lines of "Will we get a new & improved speeder bike any time soon?" In the live feed that I was watching, the question was very clear and audible, however Hasbro's response was not discernible at all. I assume this question (and Hasbro's answer) is the source of the speeder bike confirmation... but knowing how sometimes we collectors like to jump to conclusions, I'm still very curious as to Hasbro's actual response to the question, and whether a brand new speeder bike really is on tap. Anybody know the official word?

Reaction score

The panel looked at each other, smiled and said, "YES!" all at the same time. It was kind of cool the way they answered.

Reaction score

Awesome & Thanks! (Now, as long as the front end doesn't sag under it's own weight...!)

Reaction score

I wonder if this will be a deluxe, or if it'll be a exclusive in a vintage box.

Reaction score

Maybe a two pack? That would be nice, though I highly doubt Hasbro would consider.

Reaction score

FDOIRex said:
Hmm. If they're trying to keep the whole "vintage" style of recent things (i.e. Luke's snowspeeder, the upcoming Landspeeder) they may make it a single vehicle package. But then again, don't put it past Hasbro sticking this in a battle pack.

Reaction score

HappyNoodleBoy said:
FDOIRex said:
Hmm. If they're trying to keep the whole "vintage" style of recent things (i.e. Luke's snowspeeder, the upcoming Landspeeder) they may make it a single vehicle package. But then again, don't put it past Hasbro sticking this in a battle pack.
What with the new 3-figure BPs? Not happening. I can see a $16.99 vintage release (not happy about it, I just can see it).

Reaction score

Probably packaged like the TRU Grey Speeder bike, me thinks...

Reaction score

So if it is confirmed then why in the Q&A from Snowtroopers.ca does it say that this didn't make the cut for 2012???

Reaction score

Perhaps when the question was answered right before SDCC, they decided no, but then changed their minds, because they confirmed at SDCC that a new tooled bike would be produced next year.

Reaction score

given that Hasbro has a track record with out of scale sculpts (the new taun taun, TVC C3PO, etc) how many of you think this new speederbike will still be out of scale?

I do

Reaction score

Krayt said:
So if it is confirmed then why in the Q&A from Snowtroopers.ca does it say that this didn't make the cut for 2012???
SDCC was after these questions were submitted. Goes to show you that sometimes they do try and throw us off.

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
given that Hasbro has a track record with out of scale sculpts (the new taun taun, TVC C3PO, etc) how many of you think this new speederbike will still be out of scale?

I do
Me, too. I hope I'm wrong!

I'm fully expecting disaster with this... rubbery handlebars... rubbery steering rigging/vanes... foot pedals still attached to the rear flap action... body wide enough that ONLY figures with BH hips can even hope to ride it and look halfway decent... no clear plastic stand

I need to pick up the CW deluxe Castas w/ bike, to see how THAT one turned out. The Pirate Hog was good, but rather large for most figures besides the pack-in Cad Bane... and the front part of it (where a wheel would be on a regular motorcycle) seemed really tiny.

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
Krayt said:
SDCC was after these questions were submitted. Goes to show you that sometimes they do try and throw us off.
Just seems weird, because the response was the bike was scheduled but at the last moment it was push back from next year. Then they say it is coming. Really odd, but ok then...

So how much of a retooling job will this one be compared to previous versions???

Reaction score

I'm guessing they'll use the new Jedi Luke with ball-jointed hips to give us a definitive Endor Luke packed in with this vehicle. Or is that asking too much?

Reaction score

Krayt said:
So how much of a retooling job will this one be compared to previous versions???
100%? Cuz it'd be an entirely new sculpt. Everything about the old one is wrong. Even the horizontal handlebars should probably be sculpted anew.

Reaction score

tanksmasher said:
I'm guessing they'll use the new Jedi Luke with ball-jointed hips to give us a definitive Endor Luke packed in with this vehicle. Or is that asking too much?
If it's in a vintage box it will have no figure.

Reaction score

I think it's 100% new and not a simple re-tool.

Reaction score

i just want an accurate screen representation of the speeder bike with the correct handbars (like the CW version) and I'd be even happy if the bike did not have the exploding feature.

while the exploding feature was a neat trick back in '83 I'm kinda over it by now.

would love to see it as a 2 pack with perhaps and new sculpted Luke Skywalker and a new sculpted Imperial Biker Scout that would be awesome... also defiantely needs to be in the classic vintage Packaging.
:)

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
and a new sculpted Imperial Biker Scout that would be awesome
oh no no no, when I suggested a better/new sculpted bikerscout, everyone that posted said the one we have is just fine....

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
DarkArtist said:
and a new sculpted Imperial Biker Scout that would be awesome
oh no no no, when I suggested a better/new sculpted bikerscout, everyone that posted said the one we have is just fine....
well I'm backing you up with the request for a new Biker Scout. The VOTC one is cool but he still sits weird on the current bikes..

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
And it is!
I actually like the Nik Sant Biker Scout figure that came with the Shield Generator BP a few years back. If there's a figure that does actually really need BJ hips though, it's a new Biker Scout so he can ride the Speeder Bike properly.

Reaction score

I would like to this scout (on the right), but with BJ hips

Reaction score

I'd go for that, too... larger helmet, larger pouches on the stomach (and less yellowing!), BH hips. And no stupid 'dirt' deco on the shoes or anywhere else!

Reaction score

Has to be able to ride the Speeder bike otherwise it's a waste, IMO.

Reaction score

There's always room for improvment. A new scout able to ride the new bike like it did in the movie would be great.

Reaction score

if they are going to use the latest horizontal handlebars, or any for that matter, they need to be sculpted in some stiffer plastic. The previous ones have been so flimsy and it makes it look fake.

I for one am all for a clever exploding feature being included. It's not like it ever ruined the aesthetic at all and it can be very easily concealed without sacrificing any space in the sculpt. I always thought that was so cool. I would also like it if they released a non-exploding model with let's say Leia, just for variation and to keep some purists happy too. Hopefully the new one will come with a clear stand, or at least a better freestanding mechanism that doesn't slouch or droop.